Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) | Chris Hemsworth

Broken

the problem with new marvel movies that they are rushed and all cgi studios don't have time to work on cgi, you could think that pandemic would help with work more on movies but no, everything is rushed and everyone didn't have enough time to work on it (screenwriters, directors, costium, cgi)

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• Donquizote

• Arcadius

this was fun but it's... just there? i felt ragnarok was ten times more accomplished, the plot was more interesting and that the stakes were much bigger. my biggest criticism has to be the criminal under utilization of christian bale and gorr! we needed like 10 more minutes to see him kill another god or two. he was also kind of a weird villain for a movie like this? i felt tonal whiplash whenever he came on vs. the other parts of the movie. i feel like he'd be better used in a "serious" movie because i really found the whole religion vs man themes interesting but they were never explored.

all in all it was good, but inconsequential and overall a bit forgettable - which is sad because it could've been a much greater movie

Yeah a lot in my circle thinks Thor L&T was also very meh, doesn’t bode well for its legs

1 hour ago, Rence said:
  Hide contents

:bibliahh:

It was so bad

The Dark planet fight look like it came off a comic page. It was good. 

Spoiler

After 2 viewings I feel this film was still good. I don’t get the twitter outrage at all. People acting like the first 2 thors are suddenly cinematic classics?? even Ragnorok is overrated, it’s a funny film. But the plot in Ragnorok was just as elementary as this film. The characters were just better utilized and developed there. But the plot for all the Thor movies have been this nonsensical. ?‍♀️ Average MCU film, some good laughs and cool action. Did what it needed. 

It was so bad :rip: Taika should stick to indie movie and produce another Jojo Rabbit.  I wonder if this is going to be frontloaded like MoM. Of course the numbers will be cute for the first week because Marvel fans will flock the theaters, but will the word of mouth be kind to this movie? We'll see.

gqCjZq4.gif

Edited by Donquizote
edit

This was terrible. Natalie sweetie I’m so sorry!

At least Thor has the best MCU movie. Ragnarok >>

It's a Thor movie so I didn't go in expecting the best the MCU has to offer so it was a cute fun watch. The Dark World battle was amazing and I enjoyed both credit scenes. 

Excited for my second view tomorrow 

I'm still laughing about da goats LOL

Wanda really won, huh. :bird:

1 hour ago, Jude said:

Wanda really won, huh. :bird:

she did. MOM is a future cult classic :bird:

Overall, I liked the movie. It's by no means anywhere close to being at my top MCU movies. Natalie Portman sold it really well, loved her entire arc. Thor was great as well, i loved this newly imagined Thor. The black and white fight with the pop of colors from the powers and weapons was so so dope. BUT it was a little too goofy for me. The goats were funny at first then became annoying quick. The kids at the end were annoying like MCU for kidz. I did love the post credit scene and I am hoping it's a little less goofy the next time around. 

7 hours ago, mokitsu said:

Tea. :bird:

Just finished watching it, good lord that was bad:rip:

Spoiler

Can Marvel go without 5 seconds trying to crack a joke in every damn scene?:deadvision: The kids all suiting up and battling the creatures I was done, they can’t be serious:gaycat6: Queen Natalie Portman was the highlight though:clap3:

10 hours ago, mokitsu said:

a camp masterpiece tbh

I'm just mad they wasting the good ones first Cate now Christian taika needs to be stopped. 

damn the backlash. Is it really that bad? this is going to be my first mcu movie in theaters :rip: 

this wasn't bad at all, it's just that Ragnarok and the last MCU movie being MOM set the bar too high i guess

i saw a lot of people on twitter attacking Taika for making a joke about the cgi and i was like.... do these people know they film those promo videos WEEKS before the movie release? yes, the timing was bad but that isn't his fault :rip:

I mean… call me crazy, but I kind of really enjoyed this. Yeah, there’s some questionable writing and pacing but overall, I had a blast. I’d go see it again. 

that was so bad :rip:  wtf is happening at Marvel? these phase 4 movies have all been so bad 

the whole thing was painfully NOT funny and so try hard

it also absolutely made NO SENSE that 

Spoiler

they’re in a place where they can ask for any wish and Thor doesn’t ask to save Jane??? 

hated the ending too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.