• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• fountain

• DanyelP23

• worldwide angel

14 hours ago, PeterPan said:

I cannot believe Z-lib is gone because of a f*cking Tiktoker!!!

Meganmckennagif.gif

WHAT???????

OMG 

HOW WILL I PIRATE BOOKS NOW.

MOBILISM AND VK YOURE MY ONLY HOPE NOW...

******* TIKTOKERS WHEN I CATCH YOU ISTG...

Meganmckennagif.gif

5 hours ago, ChatshireCat said:

colleen hoover is literally such a bad writer, idk how or why tiktok has latched onto her

well, twilight and 50 shades fans needed to go somewhere :coffee:

I hope to never read a Colleen Hoover or Sarah Janet Maas book, the brain cells I might lose in the process :mazen:

Emily Henry is tentatively on the blacklist too… come up with something new girl

1 hour ago, fountain said:

I hope to never read a Colleen Hoover or Sarah Janet Maas book, the brain cells I might lose in the process :mazen:

Emily Henry is tentatively on the blacklist too… come up with something new girl

idk, throne of glass is solid enough mostly.

court of thorns and roses, not so much.

emily's big hits are exactly what they try to be - Beach Reads, mindless fun-ish romances

28 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

emily's big hits are exactly what they try to be - Beach Reads, mindless fun-ish romances

If I’m gonna pick up anything like that, for me it has to be queer tbh. I see and hear enough about straight couples already :dies:

6 minutes ago, fountain said:

If I’m gonna pick up anything like that, for me it has to be queer tbh. I see and hear enough about straight couples already :dies:

tj klune's solid for that.

or if you like cutesy graphic novels that are not heartstopper, Kay O'Neill or Ngozi Ukazu.

On 11/5/2022 at 8:18 AM, ChatshireCat said:

colleen hoover is literally such a bad writer, idk how or why tiktok has latched onto her

Meganmckennagif.gif

spacer.png

I had no idea there was a book thread here. Hello fellow readers! :heart:

I finished Murakami’s Audition recently, and just picked up The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle and The Devil and the Dark Water.

On 11/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, levi_valvi said:

On 11/5/2022 at 7:50 AM, fountain said:

On 11/5/2022 at 5:28 AM, Miss Americana said:

WHAT???????

OMG 

HOW WILL I PIRATE BOOKS NOW.

MOBILISM AND VK YOURE MY ONLY HOPE NOW...

******* TIKTOKERS WHEN I CATCH YOU ISTG...

On 11/5/2022 at 12:18 AM, ChatshireCat said:

ZLibrary runners have been arrested after the US authorities commanded it.

Hoover is now trending on twitter because it's her fans who made this happen.

https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1593286848033325056

Impact of the worst kind

• 3 weeks later...

to all the Taylor Jenkins Reid stans ... Daisy Jones & The Six is coming to a screen near you on March 6th!

26 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

to all the Taylor Jenkins Reid stans ... Daisy Jones & The Six is coming to a screen near you on March 6th!

Oh wow I had no clue this was becoming a film, I’ve had it on my to read list for a while now! Best read it before the girls decide to spoil it!

finished A Certain Hunger by chelsea g summers after weeks of just putting it aside & yeah, it wasn’t it! A literal tedious read! 
Currently reading The Murder of Roger Ackroyd & really enjoying it thus far :coffee2:

I swear half of the popular, high rating books on goodreads are dog **** :rip:

• 2 weeks later...

finished carrie soto is back. another okay historical fluff from jenkins reid.

felt like her goblet of fire given how clearly structured it is.

wonder what she'll do next; she's already done actress lead, singer lead, model lead, and athlete lead. 

On 12/6/2022 at 6:59 PM, 99sandthe2000s said:

Wait I didn’t realise this was so close! It looks great already :duca:

I’m glad this is releasing before the Evelyn Hugo adaption because this book was the superior one in my opinion, deserves the hype more so hopefully this will make that happen. I fear this adaption will probably be much better than the Evelyn Hugo one too… it being on Netflix is a bit of a red flag and the fact that it is a movie instead of a series is not very promising. This seems like it has more going for it, I’m excited!

46 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

finished carrie soto is back. another okay historical fluff from jenkins reid.

felt like her goblet of fire given how clearly structured it is.

wonder what she'll do next; she's already done actress lead, singer lead, model lead, and athlete lead. 

Evelyn Hugo and Daisy Jones were great, but Malibu Rising was so dull it makes me worried. Haven’t read Carrie Soto yet but will in 2023, if it’s on the level of Malibu Rising though then I fear for TJR future… haven’t really heard much about it in general though which is a bit surprising 

• 2 weeks later...

agatha christie’s bigoted ass ate down with and then there were none :jonnycat:

13 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

she's what now? I really can't enjoy anything in peace :rip:

Just finished When the crawdads sing, a great book! (it turned a bit stupid in the end but overall very good writing imo)

2 hours ago, MonsterJohn said:

she's what now? I really can't enjoy anything in peace :rip:

Just finished When the crawdads sing, a great book! (it turned a bit stupid in the end but overall very good writing imo)

nnn my reaction exactly  :bibliahh: 

How did everybody’s 2022 reading stats turn out? I read 20,541 pages so about 56 a day which doesn’t seem too bad. 

For 2023 I think I’m aiming to read 50 books. It’s not a super high goal but I got a bit burned out towards the end of 2022 so I want something achievable while also allowing breaks when I’m not feeling it because reading as a chore does not work for me and messes up my motivation even more :rip:

My first book of the year is The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro, my last unread Ishiguro :celestial5:

On 12/30/2022 at 12:14 PM, worldwide angel said:

Mess. Is she really. I was just about to start And then there were none. 

5 hours ago, fountain said:

How did everybody’s 2022 reading stats turn out? I read 20,541 pages so about 56 a day which doesn’t seem too bad. 

For 2023 I think I’m aiming to read 50 books. It’s not a super high goal but I got a bit burned out towards the end of 2022 so I want something achievable while also allowing breaks when I’m not feeling it because reading as a chore does not work for me and messes up my motivation even more :rip:

My first book of the year is The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro, my last unread Ishiguro :celestial5:

I was terrible at keeping track this year, my Goodreads and excel workbook are a mess. But I'm quite happy with the progress I've made the last two years. 

Goal for this year is to

- actually finish the books I already have and not buy any more until I get through a chunk of my existing pile.

- to have a combination of fiction and non fiction. Aiming for around 52 books but not super hung up on the number itself. 

- having 1-2 ongoing reads at any given time. I've screwed myself over in the past having way too many ongoing and just forgetting what's happening. 

- trying a few genres I don't normally touch. Just to branch out and challenge myself. 

2022 highlights

Making a Scene by constance wu

What My Bones Know by stephanie foo

Art of Prophecy by wesley chu

Her Majesty's Royal Coven by juno dawson

True Biz by sara novic

Disorientation by elaine hsieh chou

older books:

Know My Name by chanel miller

They Never Learn by layne fargo

series i caught up on:

wheel of time (10 books)

ranger's apprentice (10 books)

hercule poirot (9 books)

throne of glass (8 books)

artemis fowl (8 books)

outlander (8 books)

house of night (8 books)

bridgerton (8 books)

sword of truth (7 books so far, will continue)

gone (6 books)

shatter me (6 books)

bloodlines (6 books)

stephanie plum (6 books)

heroes of olympus (5 books)

obsidian (5 books)

belgariad (5 books)

trials of apollo (5 books)

fablehaven (5 books)

iron fey (4 books)

protector of the small (4 books)

raven cycle (4 books)

red queen (4 books)

6 hours ago, fountain said:

I read about 30 books this year which far surpasses my goal of 12. It was my first year that I seriously got back into reading so I am really proud! Currently I am reading Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier 

20 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

2022 highlights

Her Majesty's Royal Coven by juno dawson

I liked this too and read it after you posted about it here. It’s a bit on the nose but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I’m looking forward to and will read the sequel but the ending was kind of abrupt so I’m unsure what to expect. 

23 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

older books:

They Never Learn by layne fargo

I’m hoping to read this one this year judged by what I’ve seen about it. :celestial5:

50 minutes ago, saucy said:

Mess. Is she really. I was just about to start And then there were none. 

I was terrible at keeping track this year, my Goodreads and excel workbook are a mess. But I'm quite happy with the progress I've made the last two years. 

Goal for this year is to

- actually finish the books I already have and not buy any more until I get through a chunk of my existing pile.

- to have a combination of fiction and non fiction. Aiming for around 52 books but not super hung up on the number itself. 

- having 1-2 ongoing reads at any given time. I've screwed myself over in the past having way too many ongoing and just forgetting what's happening. 

- trying a few genres I don't normally touch. Just to branch out and challenge myself. 

These are really good goals :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, fountain said:

I’m hoping to read this one this year judged by what I’ve seen about it. :celestial5:

it's kinda like promising young woman, but with a higher body count

and gayer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.