Survivor México | La Isla 2023: Premieres August 28

Chamoy

First promo with the 10 returning players.

q1SUQ1O.gif

ecFjrTE.gif

fGOOLn9.gif

Kenta, Gary and Javier, my kings. :jonny: 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chamoy

• Klarth F

• Mellark

• UnusualBoy

OMG, this promo is serving BUDGETTTTTT, the best one so far :clap3:

Javi :WAP:

I feel it is too early for Kenta, Nahomi and Saadi to come back.

Pablo is going to be target #1

Jero :mazen:

So is this Survivor like an all-stars survivor then? Kinda curious when it comes to ratings since it's gonna be competing against LCDLFMX.

13 hours ago, Mellark said:

So is this Survivor like an all-stars survivor then? Kinda curious when it comes to ratings since it's gonna be competing against LCDLFMX.

It's a mixed season with half newbies and half returnees. I think Televisa will be airing daily highlights of LCDLFMX on their secondary channel, which is where Reto 4 Elementos usually airs. The ratings for R4E have always been pretty bad. Every time I look at the PRODU charts, they're always below 1M total viewers. Survivor usually gets better ratings than that, but they still get stomped by Televisa's programs on their primary channel. Now they're setting themselves up for a potential double stomping... It looks like Azteca is actually putting some effort into this season, tho.

OMG, Sergio and Oscar :jonny: Thanks for linking their instas Chamoy. Sergio in particular looks really proficient at this kind of game. 

I've been swamped with work (and Zelda) so I can't believe we are so close to the premiere, can't wait!

Djjsdjjhsjqke I hate that game. Also for some reason I thought all returning players would be in one tribe, glad to see it isn’t the case. So excited for the premiere :duca:

20 hours ago, Klarth F said:

Djjsdjjhsjqke I hate that game. Also for some reason I thought all returning players would be in one tribe, glad to see it isn’t the case. So excited for the premiere :duca:

Wait, they're not? They all have the same tribe color in their cast photos.

B3XLuwP.jpg

FQVnFIA.jpg

ccXnadA.jpg

RAwb7AU.jpg

fIqx5KW.jpg

fqVvsmk.jpg

The returnees looking c*nty af, while the newbies serve goofy. <3 

Javi and Kenta fathered the premiere so hard.

mYrZLvI.png

rPCWIR9.png

Kenta getting the opening confessional and saying he's there to snake everyone again. The short hair + puka/cowrie shell necklace combo for his new look was the first power move of the season. Javi seems a bit less uptight.

tXbtoUH.gif mOJcTQf.gif

wxkS7R5.gif Peo3mG0.gif

The way the returnees voted in that "who's the weakest tribe member" thing was interesting... Looks like some of them are dragging old rivalries into this season. Pablo versus Barbara, Aranza versus Gary, and Jero was very anti-Gaco while that season was airing. Javi, Kenta and Gary not voting for each other, tho. :heart: I commented on one of Azteca's posts manifesting a 'three amigos' alliance between them, and all three of them liked my comment. I'm going to need at least 5% of the credit if that alliance ends up happening.

kR3WxI9.gif OrvfPT2.gif

Most of these newbies can go. I only see it for Sergio, Oscar, Jessica and Magdalena so far. Aaron could get it, but he seems like another Yusef/Sargento. I was expecting him to dominate these challenges, but Javi and Kenta were able to hold their own against him. Barbara flipping him off too, sfdsjkl... Not him kinda getting clowned on the entire episode.  

q2jrQ6F.gif uubyOKz.gif

Oscar barely said a word, but I'm ready to payola him into my top five anyway.

naGFRVH.gif RTHDUkA.gif

Me when Javi and Kenta sit/stand anywhere near each other: 

HSB1EFZ.gif

I caught up with the episodes and so far... IDK, it's more of the same? :katie:

IDK, I thought it would have been more exciting, a new twist, some different mechanic or something. But eh, at least it was sort of entertaining.

Kenta looks really good with that look. Javi being quiet so far... and he's 32?! He looks way older than that LOL. He still fine tho. Gary seems to be keeping a low profile also. Like overall, the returning players feel more subdued than before? 

Screaming at Jero getting injured so early. Sergio being an abysmal at negotiating :deadbanana4: 

Based on the preview and this "Extraordinary council" I'm guessing Jero needs to leave due to his injury.... we'll see.

I did NOT miss the filler eps in between the immunity and elimination episodes. :monkey:

LOm60hk.png

The sudden alliance between Aaron and Jessica gagged me a bit. The yellow tribe already seems to be divided, with Sergio and Magdalena calling the shots and Aaron, Jessica, Keving and Marina not really fitting in. Might have to add Aaron to my faves if he helps Jessica embrace her villain side. It's moments like Aaron threating to tear down the shelter like a lunatic while it was raining that help me appreciate Survivor Mexico, especially since the current era of Survivor US feels like I'm watching Barney and friends. 

https://twitter.com/mexico_survivor/status/1662302023516291077

Sergio pissing off Javi, Keving and Aaron. :rip: I'm rooting for him to keep making the worst possible decisions for himself and his tribe. Azteca is leaving out important strategy talks so that they could post them later as secret scenes, mess. Javi and Keving formed an alliance while they were in exile. Javi told Keving that he should try to turn people against Oscar when he gets back to his tribe.  

https://twitter.com/mexico_survivor/status/1661609850307239943

Javi rushing to Kenta first when he returned from exile. :heart:

EGHjRGX.gif

Fharid literally keeping his foot on Aaron's neck. :WAP:

xB7UuDI.gif

e2AEo8b.gif

gdHCkgl.gif

That stare down was sfdjfskl. :WAP:  

I'm catching up with the episodes kshfskhsdksjdsdsd I can't believe we lost Jero on week 1 and got a king in his place, GOD IS GOOOOOOD :WAP:

Honestly the green tribe is stacked.

17 hours ago, Chamoy said:

gdHCkgl.gif

That stare down was sfdjfskl. :WAP:  

big-dick-new-york-personality.gif

• Like 1

I don't like this Fharid guy, he's good looking for 0 personality and that comment that they started winning when he came back like girl pls, they won almost all of the matches last week :rip: 

I don't like anyone from the yellow team, that Aaron guy is hella obnoxious, hopefully he'll leave soon.

The returnees only lasted a week before they went back to their old ways. :deadbanana2:

On 5/31/2023 at 2:33 PM, UnusualBoy said:

I don't like this Fharid guy, he's good looking for 0 personality and that comment that they started winning when he came back like girl pls, they won almost all of the matches last week :rip: 

I don't like anyone from the yellow team, that Aaron guy is hella obnoxious, hopefully he'll leave soon.

Aaron is a douchebag, but he's one of the few newbies who's making an impression. I'd rather see some of the more quiet players leave before him. Todos los de la tribu verde andan muy crecidos, fsfdjskl. They only have, like, one or two more "easy" votes on that tribe before things get really messy. My ideal nominees for this week would be Sergio, Natalia and Eduardo, with Eduardo leaving.

2uQ5lmR.gif

Aaron finally doing something useful...

Sergio's joke about Fharid "being so big that oxygen doesn't reach his brain" coming back to bite him, ahh. :laugh: :heart: His downfall has been hilarious, and it's kinda hot how unfazed he is by the hate he's getting from both tribes. He looked so bbygirl during the extinction challenge.

ND9IQBI.gif

SpTVOIM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Finally was able to catch up with this season. 

Not Oscar leaving so soon. He was the only likable newbie guy. 

pHqxkmy.gif

nLIeXpG.gif

XaGXPiV.gif

ZZOhKnJ.gif

Kenta saving Gary's dumbass from getting expelled. :heart: 

Barbara is a queen for trying to protect all of the women on her tribe. She'd be a fan fave if this was the US version. The flop elimination format will always make it impossible for players like her to make it far, but I hope she can at least make merge this time.

Ratings dropping below 1 million viewers, welp.

Finally caught up with all episodes for the last 2 weeks :skull: They just need to adjust the format tbh. The same thing as the last 3 years is not going to cut it. Add some twists, new rules, dynamics, a new prize, location, NEW GAMES. Not the same old recycled crap. And with new twists, I'm talking about things that were planned, not last minute bandaids to try to retain some audience. They have plenty to copy from the US version, IDK why they're not trying. Probably to just save money.

Losing Oscar :cries: not him trying lay low only for it to backfire :clown:

Both Saadi and Gary were behaving but now they're back to their old, unhinged ways and I'm living :bibliahh:

It honestly feels like Barbara is the only one playing, seeing the bigger picture and trying to make some moves. The rest is going with the flow. Well Javi and Farid seem to be plotting too but they do not seem very bright tbh. Naomi is just watching. 

Bringing back Adianez just out of the blue with no explanation :zzz:

I think it's obvious that at this point, they're gonna be mixing tribes again, because the yellow tribe just can't do anything good it seems.

The blatant producer interference to help the newbies. :redface:

Carlos was practically begging Pablo to use his hidden immunity idol. 

They should've just let Aaron and Eduardo eliminate each other.

I want Pablo and Eduardo OUT before the merge.

E3v4xIa.png

Kenta being that OG Leon vote for Javi? I love my messy king. 

@Klarth F Daddy Lukini just confirmed the return of La Isla. :ghostface:

They're filming in Turkey... I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means.

EXCUSE MEEEEEEEEEE @Chamoy

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, SHOOK. I was not expecting it. I wonder if they're going to film it first before airing it or they're just going to do the same as Survivor and Exatlon and go on the air in real(ish) time 

Survivor needs to rest a bit this season is so messy and I'm over it already. They really need to take Pablo OUT.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.