Tennis | Hasta luego, Garbiñe

supaspaz

58 minutes ago, JonRih said:

WTA is such a mess nowadays, I wonder if they’ll ever regain the popularity they had in 00s. 

Depends on what part of the 2000s. The early 2000s were decent, with the Williams sisters, Capriati, Seles, Pierce, Davenport, Hingis, Henin, and Clijsters. The late 2000s was just a glorified high school tennis tour.

But yeah, the weakness of the WTA has taken a whole new level the past few years, especially after Osaka’s level of play declined and Barty retired. We just had a 31-year-old nobody in Magda Linette make a semifinal of a slam last month, lol.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

another L for iga today

I still don't understand what's your point? Of course she's not gonna win every single tournament of the year? :skull: but pretending she's not currently by the best player on the tour is just plain delusional, and I'm not even a stan

6 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Depends on what part of the 2000s. The early 2000s were decent, with the Williams sisters, Capriati, Seles, Pierce, Davenport, Hingis, Henin, and Clijsters. The late 2000s was just a glorified high school tennis tour.

But yeah, the weakness of the WTA has taken a whole new level the past few years, especially after Osaka’s level of play declined and Barty retired. We just had a 31-year-old nobody in Magda Linette make a semifinal of a slam last month, lol.

Random players having unexpected deep runs in tournaments have always been a part of the WTA tho, in any era

you're the one who called the other women players dogs.

is she an overall heavy #1? sure. 

Edited by fridayteenage

36 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Random players having unexpected deep runs in tournaments have always been a part of the WTA tho, in any era

this "glorified high school of tennis" argument gets always tossed around when, exactly like you're saying, this has always happened. it's more about the matter of single maiden GS winners (since like Stephens? or even Mug) that are TOTAL flop afterwards. 

38 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

I still don't understand what's your point? Of course she's not gonna win every single tournament of the year? :skull: but pretending she's not currently by the best player on the tour is just plain delusional, and I'm not even a stan

3 hours ago, Sensation said:

Krejcikova beat world #1, #2, and #3 this week

Doha

Medvedev d. Murray 64 64

queen

the way this point would've usually been a winner for iga in the 3rd stroke :jonny:

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

you're the one who called the other women players dogs.. 

You're not serious, are you? :rip:

3 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Dementieva were all bigger stars than 80% of this lot. I mean how are you gonna even market Krejcikova and Pegula? Nobody is gonna care about them.

20 minutes ago, JonRih said:

Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Dementieva were all bigger stars than 80% of this lot. I mean how are you gonna even market Krejcikova and Pegula? Nobody is gonna care about them.

lol, you’re right about that on Krejcikova and Pegula. The only player that is marketable right now is Coco Gauff, and to be honest with you, my interest in watching women’s tennis goes down when Coco isn’t playing in a tournament or after she loses a match.

QueenofCopyPaste

Coco needs a forehand first

Alcaraz has withdrawn from Acapulco

Some results

Dubai

Djokovic d. Machac 63 36 76

Acapulco

Fritz d. Isner 36 63 64

Rune d. Shelton 67 64 62

Ruud d. Andreozzi 64 46 76

Indian Wells draw comes out March 6

Thiem lost his R1 match in Santiago 26 67 to Garin yesterday

Dubai QF

Djokovic v Hurkacz

Medvedev v Coric

Zverev v Sonego

van de Zandschulp v Rublev

Ruud lost his R2 match in Acapulco yesterday

Dubai SF

Djokovic v Medvedev

Zverev v Rublev

he's kinda winning me ngl :mandown: 

Raducanu won her opening match 62 63

Kokkinakis won R1, will play Alcaraz in R2

Shelton won R1, will play Fritz in R2

Thompson d. Tsitsipas 76 64 76

Kubler d. Dimitrov 26 76 30 ret.

Humbert d. Shapovalov 75 64

Daniel d. Berrettini 76 06 63

Molcan d. Coric 63 63

Fucsovics d. De Minaur 64 62

Muchova d. Azarenka 76 63

Raducanu d. Linette 76 62

Swiatek d. Liu 60 61

Garin d. Ruud 64 76

Zverev d. Ruusuvuori 75 16 75

Fokina d. Khachanov 63 16 64

Medvedev d. Ivashka 62 36 61

Pegula d. Potapova 36 64 75

Kvitova d. Ostapenko 60 06 64

6 hours ago, Sensation said:

Kvitova d. Ostapenko 60 06 64

:lmao:Let me watch the highlights.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.