Tennis | Follow the red clay road to Roland Garros

supaspaz

11 hours ago, geddymonster said:

Unfortunately it’s going to be very hard for her to win a Slam if she doesn’t fix her second serve and forehand.

I'm sorry, but this is the weakest era of women's tennis. It's not like there is a Steffi Graf or a peak Monica Seles on tour right now. Heck, there isn't anyone as good as Sabatini or Capriati. The tour is so weak right now, Magda Linette is in the Top 20 of the world rankings and made a slam semifinal. If that can happen, then Coco Gauff will almost certainly win a slam at some point. And when she does, it won't be a fluke. Coco made the finals of the French Open last year. There have been worse players than Coco that have won slams.

Edited by pride4jc1222

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

1 hour ago, pride4jc1222 said:

I'm sorry, but this is the weakest era of women's tennis. It's not like there is a Steffi Graf or a peak Monica Seles on tour right now. Heck, there isn't anyone as good as Sabatini or Capriati. The tour is so weak right now, Magda Linette is in the Top 20 of the world rankings and made a slam semifinal. If that can happen, then Coco Gauff will almost certainly win a slam at some point. And when she does, it won't be a fluke. Coco made the finals of the French Open last year. There have been worse players than Coco that have won slams.

I’m not saying she’s a bad player at all or undeserving of a Slam; I would like to see her win one. But, if anything, that French Open final loss emphasizes the weaknesses in her game. It may be a weak era, but there are enough solid players who can take her out if she’s double faulting or spraying forehands everywhere.

Vondrousova d. Pliskova 61 62

Andreescu d. Kenin 64 64

Kvitova d. Vekic 64 76

Fritz d. Shapovalov 64 64

Paul d. Fokina 63 75

Rune d. Schwartzman 64 62

Alcaraz d. Lajovic 60 76

22 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Weak era doesn't mean your fave will automatically win?

Your fave just lost to someone ranked lower than Magda Linette. Not sure how mentioning Linette will help your case...

Van De Zandschulp d. Ruud 36 64 64

Khachanov d. Lehecka 64 64

Cerundolo d. Auger-Aliassime 62 75

Trevisan d. Ostapenko 63 63

Potapova d. Zheng 64 76

Pegula d. Linette 61 75

Rybakina d. Mertens 64 63

Sinner d. Rublev 62 64

Fritz d. Rune 63 64

Alcaraz d. Paul 64 64

Khachanov d. Tsitsipas 76 64

Rybakina d. Tresivan 63 60

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

Time for Aryna to go back to the serve biomechanic :redface:

Serving issues seem more mental and Sorana was returning pretty aggressively to me tbh.

I'm ready for the clay season to start.  Monte Carlo is always one of my fave tournaments of the year!

Medvedev into the SF of Miami.  His strong year continues with SF, R32, W, W, W, F so far!

I wonder if Angelica is actually going to make a comeback this year. She’s missed!

GOATra Kvitová. :alexz:

Her mental resilience in that tiebreak was ASTOUNDING.

P3TRAAAA :jonny5:

I almost flatlined during the tiebreaker but she did it, so happy for her :jonny5:

Charleston WTA draw

Estoril ATP draw

Marrakech ATP draw

Houston ATP draw

Rybakina's loss means Coco Gauff gets to keep her #6 world ranking.

Thiem has won back to back matches this week after his win over Shelton today

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.