Severance: Season 1 | Apple TV+

Weld_E

Mark leads a team of office workers whose memories have been surgically divided between their work and personal lives; when a mysterious colleague appears outside of work, it begins a journey to discover the truth about their jobs.

Great first season! My favorite show of 2022 so far.

Edited by Weld_E

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChapelHooker

• fountain

• Ampersand13

• Lovett

Just finished. It was unbelievably slow for the first 2 episodes, almost unwatchable. But the final 4 really redeem it and that season finale was PERFECT

8 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Just finished. It was unbelievably slow for the first 2 episodes, almost unwatchable. But the final 4 really redeem it and that season finale was PERFECT

Pace has been perfect start to finish

Whew. This show gave me everything I needed. So intriguing. The finale!! I need season 2 neow! :jonny5:

The finale :jonny5:

So perched for the

Spoiler

inner vs outer Helly storyline.

9 minutes ago, PowerGarlic said:
  Hide contents

They better explain Mark’s wife fake death next season

Anyway Cobel jobless evil hag 

yeah this is what i'm most questionable of. how far in advance was all this being planned for the two of them?

Finally binge watched this after seeing so many people praise it on tiktok. It was so so so good! That ending had me SPEECHLESS! I am needing more! I can’t wait a year for season 2 :jonny:

9 hours ago, PowerGarlic said:
  Hide contents

They better explain Mark’s wife fake death next season

Anyway Cobel jobless evil hag 

Spoiler

I saw a theory saying that maybe some of the people working the more simple jobs are actually dead and they have chips inside them while being stored at the company. Which is why his wife had more of a mental job, compared to the complex jobs of the living people. Also the fact they were rushing to get the chip out of Petey.. could it be they were scared he would come back and mess up everything with a deformed chip?? 

On 4/14/2022 at 8:40 PM, STMG23 said:

Saw 4 episodes and I LOVE it. So ggod. So special.

yeah this show is good in such an unconventional way, they really made something special with this

3 hours ago, Hilly said:

Is it worth the watch?

I really enjoyed it, but my boyfriend was like meh and thought it was just alright. The first couple episodes are a struggle to get through but it is forgivable because the last half of the series is so good. 

58 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

I really enjoyed it, but my boyfriend was like meh and thought it was just alright. The first couple episodes are a struggle to get through but it is forgivable because the last half of the series is so good. 

Thank you for your opinion ! I’m quite curious, I’ll watch :party:

4 hours ago, Hilly said:

Is it worth the watch?

Absolutely, we just finished it today and oh my god :jonny:

13 hours ago, FameFatale said:

Very much this, they take far too long to get the story moving in early eps, in favour of character building that isn't very effective for this type of mysterious vibe of a show.. 

I actually preferred the ep before the finale, the final ep was very annoying, Mark wasting time allowing his sister to do meaningless things instead of getting on with it, Helly not getting to stage quicker and just pointlessly standing in the bathroom mirror (I get that she had to come to terms with who she is but the whole premise of the char is "do things quickly by any means necessary"), and the other guy time trying to figure out who he is and then standing outside the guy's house instead of rushing in to speak.. no sense of urgency when that was thr whole point.. at least Cobel's actress was terrific and she stole scenes.

I thought this show was one of the best I've seen in years. The pacing was great and each episode leaves you wanting more.

Spoiler

aside from the last episode where there seemed to be a lot of walking scenes.

Holy SH*T that finale!! I was anxiety ridden the entire episode. Gripped from the first second to the last. Wtf. This whole show has been phenomenal. Everyone needs to see it!

• 2 weeks later...

i just binge watched this today. the finale was literally perfect :jonny5:

The possibilities with this show feel endless. Apple TV really have great content.

“SHE’S ALIVE!!!”:jonny3:

bought apple tv just to watch this and wow :jonny4:it's so good, fave show of the year so far, kinda reminds me of Black Mirror, can't wait for season 2

i was wondering why they kept showing Mark outie but never Helly outie, and then wow...  

That show was amazing!!! I'm so glad that I decided to try apple tv+. The finale was everything too. :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

Just finished this today and am so hooked wow :jonny5:

what do we think they're actually making them do at work with the computers??? :dancehall:

the fact that they want them to erase things that make them feel some strong emotion makes me feel like it might be some kind of personality suppressant to make them more docile shills for the company they work for?

but idk, they were still able to stage that uprising later on :katie:

• 1 month later...

This show deserves a lot more attention. It had a bit of a slow build up, but the mystery of everything kept me very interested. After a few episodes in, I was HOOKED :jonny:

Ready for season 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.