The Real Housewives: Kenya out from #RHOA according to TMZ!

boys

13 minutes ago, Phobos said:

The way to save RHOA is to allow these changes to STICK. The issue with ATL is that it almost always scrapped the new additions post Kenya/Porsha so the old guard stool around way longer than they should’ve, which resulted in Recycled beefs That only had one way to go to provide us entertainment: deeper and darker… leading to genuine hate amongst the cast. and you could feel the lack of genuine connection. Couple this with production favoritism/sloppiness. 

the premiere was lauded for being fresh and yet after the ratings come in… suddenly the show is broken?. 

Why would the ratings be high at the top of s14 when 13 was a disaster, it was off the air for a year, and it had no scandal hit the tabloids before the season aired to generate buzz?  14 has to be a return to form. RHOA has to earn its way/viewers  back like RHOBH did in s11. 

If it wasn’t for Erikas storyline + Garcelle and Sutton duo, RHOBH would be in the same position as RHOA. RHOA never found good newbies and that’s vital to revive interest in a show, if y’all didn’t remember S4 was a dud compared to the first three seasons bc the drama between the same girls was getting stale until S5. We finally got good additions to Atlanta w/ Kenya and Porsha that refreshed the show a lot bc it would haven’t survived without them but now years later no new additions have renewed interest in this cast which is the problem, there’s no new interesting cast dynamics that viewers cares about like on RHONJ, RHOBH and RHOP.

New Cast Member That Have Gotten At Least 2 Seasons so far since 2017/2018

RHOAH: Eva, Drew

RHOBH: Teddi, Denise, Garcelle, Sutton, Crystal

RHONJ: Marge, Jennifer, Jacqui 

RHOP: Candiace, Wendy, Mia

Y’all see the difference? I don’t know if it’s a casting issue but the casting on Atlanta sucks, no newbie has been able to make a positive impact on the show since K&P and that lets y’all know it’s the producers fault bc they cast the talent, the girls have no say who gets put on the show. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• G.U.Y. Gaga

• Chemist

• boys

Top Posters In This Topic

I think keeping Eva instead of Shamari was a mistake she was a kiii. I do too think it was too soon to let go of Nene (tho she probably left them no choice). 

So Bravo announced more new shows yesterday and one was called "Xscape/swv". Is Kandi getting another show? I think it's great for her personally, but katg has bombed in the ratings...is she really worth all the investment they put into her.

Also I have to agree with the above about rhoa casting. Like New York they let the cast get stale and the newbies just weren't strong enough to keep interest.

the GP doesnt like CHANGE and thats why BH and NJ are the most viewed outta the bunch 

Sutton is a real G. She's self-aware, she doesn't take herself too seriously and she WILL call out their fake bullshit. Her and Garcelle are such a breath of fresh air in the fakery of BH. 

The way she had Kyle SHUT, as another member stated, she didn't allow her to carry her narrative. LEGEND. 

That was a real strong premiere, I really don't understand the negative comments. This season looks incredible.

It’s weird to me how ratings come into play w certain shows but not others. Like Dallas was cancelled and RHONY given a face lift for low viewers, but Summer House and Winter House get renewed and are lauded barely cracking half a mill regularly? And Kandi is getting more spin offs and kept on RHOA w her spin-off performing poorly. It seems rather arbitrary to me :michael: imo they shouldn’t really get nervous or lift a finger unless a show drops to like 200,000 viewership out of nowhere and stays that way 

There is also a segment to the RHOA discourse that is seldom acknowledged. But people do get a sick joy out of bashing the show constantly. I mean even Carlos King was quick to crown the Beverly Hills women as the new queens of the show. Based off of what the first few episodes it's like people couldn't even wait mid-way through the season to find a problem with every facet of the show.

For me also there is a weird racial dynamic going along with this RHOA is now flopping. I mean these women were the BACKBONE of Bravo for years and never got the promotion that their white counterparts have. And after finally dismantling not investing in the show as properly as needed made lily white beverly hills it's flagship. It's gross and it isn't lost on me that they invest so much in Potomac which stars a white woman and four other mixed race racially ambiguous women being pushed to the forefront.

9 hours ago, Camilitau.u said:

If it wasn’t for Erikas storyline + Garcelle and Sutton duo, RHOBH would be in the same position as RHOA. RHOA never found good newbies and that’s vital to revive interest in a show, if y’all didn’t remember S4 was a dud compared to the first three seasons bc the drama between the same girls was getting stale until S5. We finally got good additions to Atlanta w/ Kenya and Porsha that refreshed the show a lot bc it would haven’t survived without them but now years later no new additions have renewed interest in this cast which is the problem, there’s no new interesting cast dynamics that viewers cares about like on RHONJ, RHOBH and RHOP.

New Cast Member That Have Gotten At Least 2 Seasons so far since 2017/2018

RHOAH: Eva, Drew

RHOBH: Teddi, Denise, Garcelle, Sutton, Crystal

RHONJ: Marge, Jennifer, Jacqui 

RHOP: Candiace, Wendy, Mia

Y’all see the difference? I don’t know if it’s a casting issue but the casting on Atlanta sucks, no newbie has been able to make a positive impact on the show since K&P and that lets y’all know it’s the producers fault bc they cast the talent, the girls have no say who gets put on the show. 

Garcelle - lukewarm ass first season and was brought back. 

sutton —  a friend beloved for her quirks immediately given a Diamond unlike marlo. 

kathy: a friend who was getting more buzz than some housewives and was brought back. 

crystal - good half to her first season, faded in the back half. but still brought back. 

The biggest difference between ATL and other cities is their producers trust that their seeds will grow. sometimes it takes a minute for new girls to get into the groove of the show cause they’re going against vets who have the show down to a formula/science at this point. 

ATL failed because it expected every newbie following Kenya to come in and take over the show by storm which… is a tall order… and honestly hasn’t been done since.

they got rid of claudia well before her time was up. Then canned an entire seasons worth of FT footage of Tammy from s8 cause of the Miami incident? Big mistake in my opinion because Tammy was weird. and the original Mary from RHOSLC in terms of being a what someone in this thread once described as “an alien cosplaying as human” 

Then they got rid of Kim fields when the real joy would’ve been to see how she rose to the occasion in a season 2. Would she maintain her nice demeanor or swim with the sharks like all the ladies eventually do? 

Shamari was canned far too early. She was a boozy housewife/ex r&b singer with bad fashions who had no problem getting in the mud. 

Even Eva who most people hated because she backtracked was let go far too early in my opinion. Her backtracking after reading someone down behind their back is a CHARACTER quirk that could’ve been a constant foil for conflict. Like when Ramona messes up and pretends she doesn’t know what she said or did wrong. 

Even LaToya… not bringing her back because she couldn’t give personal story due to her husband… when most of the FT wives don’t have personal stories is… a choice. 

ATL is too unforgiving of it’s newbies and far too forgiving of its vets. And therein lies the problem. 

Edited by Phobos

TheOnlyOne
14 minutes ago, Gangsta4alife said:

There is also a segment to the RHOA discourse that is seldom acknowledged. But people do get a sick joy out of bashing the show constantly. I mean even Carlos King was quick to crown the Beverly Hills women as the new queens of the show. Based off of what the first few episodes it's like people couldn't even wait mid-way through the season to find a problem with every facet of the show.

For me also there is a weird racial dynamic going along with this RHOA is now flopping. I mean these women were the BACKBONE of Bravo for years and never got the promotion that their white counterparts have. And after finally dismantling not investing in the show as properly as needed made lily white beverly hills it's flagship. It's gross and it isn't lost on me that they invest so much in Potomac which stars a white woman and four other mixed race racially ambiguous women being pushed to the forefront.

You were making some points until you got to Potomac. There's no white woman on that show unless you're talking about Michael Darby. 

The lack of promo for this revamped RHOA says everything. They'd rather throw all their money and promotion at the affluent white women of Benadryl Hills and OC because Bravo is and always has been racist af. They lauded RHONY for years when it was always one of the lower rated cities and paid dust to RHOA even when it was carrying the network. I think a big problem going forward, for all franchises, is that they are all relying on tabloid drama and breaking news stories to carry the season before it even begins airing. I question how well BH would be doing without the Erika/Tom news, or even SLC with Jen's arrest. Even NJ had Luis' scandals making the news. Potomac is gearing up for that now with Ashley's divorce and the glass-throwing making headlines. I think the biggest downfall for ATL this season is there's been no pre-season hype or scandal to attract outside interest. 

9 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

You were making some points until you got to Potomac. There's no white woman on that show unless you're talking about Michael Darby. 

The lack of promo for this revamped RHOA says everything. They'd rather throw all their money and promotion at the affluent white women of Benadryl Hills and OC because Bravo is and always has been racist af. They lauded RHONY for years when it was always one of the lower rated cities and paid dust to RHOA even when it was carrying the network. I think a big problem going forward, for all franchises, is that they are all relying on tabloid drama and breaking news stories to carry the season before it even begins airing. I question how well BH would be doing without the Erika/Tom news, or even SLC with Jen's arrest. Even NJ had Luis' scandals making the news. Potomac is gearing up for that now with Ashley's divorce and the glass-throwing making headlines. I think the biggest downfall for ATL this season is there's been no pre-season hype or scandal to attract outside interest. 

I think they were throwing shade at Robyn…didn’t she reveal that her racial background was mostly white 

9 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

*mostly fabricated tabloid drama

The moment the housewives learned how to plat the game and they understood that they had to come up with a storyline for each season to keep their job, that's when this franchise shifted. Most of these women are also acting as producers on the show, fabricating storylines, beefs, feuds, tabloid drama e.t.c to keep their job while in the beginning, it was 100% organic and authentic

1 hour ago, Gangsta4alife said:

you kind of spilled, its weird that BH has a new intro and promo photos paid for every single year while ATL had to fund their OWN promo photoshoot this year. I mean BH even had professional photos done for their "friends of" (Sheree and Kathy), while ATL's full time housewives couldn't get new pics. I don't necessarily think its fully a race issue though, bc didn't NJ not have a new intro for like 10 years? :toofunny3:

2 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

It’s weird to me how ratings come into play w certain shows but not others. Like Dallas was cancelled and RHONY given a face lift for low viewers, but Summer House and Winter House get renewed and are lauded barely cracking half a mill regularly? And Kandi is getting more spin offs and kept on RHOA w her spin-off performing poorly. It seems rather arbitrary to me :michael: imo they shouldn’t really get nervous or lift a finger unless a show drops to like 200,000 viewership out of nowhere and stays that way 

Summer House and Winter House cost basically nothing that's why it keeps getting renewed.

4 hours ago, Gangsta4alife said:

You're right. Every time I come in here there's a new post bashing RHOA so I hardly engage anymore. Yes the last two seasons sucked, but this season is great so far. Much better than the BH premiere honestly.

Also for the white woman on RHOP - are you referring to Robyn? :dies:

The only reasons BH is thriving right now are the Erika + Dorit drama and the addition of Garcelle and Sutton. If you take those updates away, you've got nothing other than glamour.

If you look at the current RHOA cast, every single one of them is interesting, dynamic, and funny on their own and together. Well, except for maybe Drew, but you get the point. RHOA doesn't need a huge scandal and 10 cast members to function.

23 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I said one word.

:lmao:

17 hours ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

I know y’all were dragging miss Sutton to filth a few days ago but her batshit ways made this episode lol. I love that she didn’t let Kyle push whatever stupid narrative she wanted (mostly Erika). 

Diana (is that the new girl?) is lowkey  giving me I studied the show vibes for the trailer :rip:

Sutton is lowkey the star of the show. We need her crazy ass!

3 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

you kind of spilled, its weird that BH has a new intro and promo photos paid for every single year while ATL had to fund their OWN promo photoshoot this year. I mean BH even had professional photos done for their "friends of" (Sheree and Kathy), while ATL's full time housewives couldn't get new pics. I don't necessarily think its fully a race issue though, bc didn't NJ not have a new intro for like 10 years? :toofunny3:

BH is way way way more popular worldwide. ATL up until now has always had slightly higher live ratings but since S9 BH has been stomping them when you add the +7 ratings and streaming figures, which is what people care about now. Like it or not, they’ve become the face of Real Housewives around the world, are always the most discussed, and generally appeal to a wider audience. That’s why they get new promos almost every year.

I mean y’all are kind of skating around the point nene was attempting to make lol 

she just picked the wrong target 

df60badc1d5364a12edcc3127c4dbda9.png

She's such a loser. You're the one going after Sutton for something she said about Erika and then to try and compare her situation to Erika's is a joke.

17 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I honestly don't know how to rehab RHOA. I will say it has somewhat ventured away from traditional Housewives production and I think maybe a return to form will help. 

Bringing back Drew was a mistake, too. There aren't many Housewives I simply don't want to watch but she is one of them. Really sinister uncomfortable energy.

RHOA is going to go the way of NY me fears.

Here's the problem:

it went ultra dark back to back season 9 and season 10 with two different R gates. From Season 11-present it has lost 500k viewers each season minus Kenya's return which held ratings 1.9M to 1.9M.

Bringing back Drew was a mistake but what choice did they have. They gave Marlo a peach. that showed desperation.

What the ladies are trying to do now is bring back the season 1/2 light drama but fun and lunching and bonding stuff but it's not working.

the OGs vs reboot is the main to way to rehab it. Out of Phaedra, Nene and Porsha...Phaedra's the only one who left on an increase in ratings...Nene's the only one who could bring the OG back vibe to it but she's shot herself in the foot with suing Bravo (she will lose and they will not settle unless they want 50-11 other suits from ex employees hoping for a similar outcome plus Nene has no case)

17 hours ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

Here's how to save RHOA:

• Fire Drew
  • Demote Marlo back to friend
  • Bring back Porsha (only if she agrees to share her messy ass marriage) and Kim Z (yup let's have drama) FT
  • Have Kenya bring back Claudia and Falynn as friends
  • Sheree bringing back Phaedra in a surprise guest appearance a la Kenya S11

Firing drew would be ideal

Demoting Marlo would be ideal

Kenya having Claudia or Falynn as friends would be cute but nah

Sheree doesn't pull rank she's just a technical OG...she's not messing up with Kandi BUT she did invite her to an invite for which Phaedra declined because Kandi was there...allegedly

Porsha is NOT going to show her marriage (soon to be) in its true form. that's the point. RHOA Season 14 would have been about unpeeling the scandal. That would show Porsha is a bad light. She ran away but because Bravo was already working on a miniseries covering her families legacy she already had an option. bravo did not have enough good material to go forward so they changed the scope to exploit capitalize on the soap opera of Porsha backsliding and not growing post actor vist stunt. Porsha was going to control the narrative that she was madly in love with Simon but also had a decent relationship coparenting with Dennis. Porsha showed her behind made herself look worse, put out a non NY Times best selling book and managed to make Dennis look good. She wanted the fight scene scrapped and got pissed when Bravo put it in the trailer. She THEN told her fans not to support the fight episode which pissed off Bravo and production which is why Choke No joke (a former producer/runner) with Porsha's permission made a post bragging about how Porsha was better off without Bravo and how they worked together during season 10 to kill the Kandi vs Porsha storyline early in the filming/season. Porsha has been seen with Nene and using Nene's gifs to shade Bravo and her ex cast members...she also attempted to get cast members fined if they said certain things about her scandal as a bargaining chip to comeback and Bravo did not agree to it so that's how the cookie crumbled. 

What's not clicking with the RHOA audience thinking that old cast members returning would do the trick. Had Porsha just confronted her bad decision head on instead of running away Marlo wouldn't have a peach, Falynn would have been a FOH and they'd address the scandal with better ratings. Do you all really think after all the work at image rehab for Porsha only for her to start showing up late and then ruining the plans to capture the scandal  and shading Bravo using Nene gifs when they are in an active lawsuit against Nene that they'd bring her back and she'd show her true life?

octavia-spencer-sue-ann-ma-smile-listeni

6 minutes ago, boys said:

df60badc1d5364a12edcc3127c4dbda9.png

She's such a loser. You're the one going after Sutton for something she said about Erika and then to try and compare her situation to Erika's is a joke.

She is so ******* annoying. She really needs help. She’s ****** in the head and it shows. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.