The Real Housewives: For the first time there will be no #RHONJ reunion!

boys

3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Oop. 

well, in other happenings, when is Luann and Sonja's show coming out? I feel like Bravo is promising us all these shows (UGT3, Legacy, etc) and it's all show, no go. 

well that one was actually filmed, at least

i maintain that Bravo was only like …. half serious about Legacy and the announcement was solely done at the time to lessen the blow of them firing the cast. thus it makes sense why they jumped ship over JILL (allegedly)

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• G.U.Y. Gaga

• Chemist

• boys

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, qurl said:

well that one was actually filmed, at least

i maintain that Bravo was only like …. half serious about Legacy and the announcement was solely done at the time to lessen the blow of them firing the cast. thus it makes sense why they jumped ship over JILL (allegedly)

JILL? as in Jill Zarin? 

I feel like Legacy would be so easy to shoot. it's not like any of those women are busy doing anything else. Bravo wouldn't have taken this long if it were really happening. how were they just at contract negotiations when the show was announced back in March 2022? 

Honestly, the full re-haul reboot was unnecessary. It's gonna bomb hard. It's a cute idea in a Bravo boardroom but beyond that it's a dumb idea. No one wants to tune in for a bunch of random women we don't know. The 'OG' cast (up until the S10/S11 iteration) built the show. Those women are iconic. Messing with that is gonna sink the ship once and for all.

Why tf couldn't they just have brought Dorinda and Tinsley back and kept the cast as it was for S14? Ramona and Eboni could've reconciled and the whole cast would've had more fun for the simple fact they'd be shooting outside covid restrictions. that was the main hindrance of S13. they didn't go anywhere and it was an embarrassingly small cast. Tbh the only way I can see the franchise making a full comeback is if Queen Bethenny returns along with the core 4: Ramona, Sonja, Luann, Dorinda. That's what viewers want to see. Pick up where S11 left off!!! :deadbanana2:

Just now, Alfred said:

JILL? as in Jill Zarin? 

I feel like Legacy would be so easy to shoot. it's not like any of those women are busy doing anything else. Bravo wouldn't have taken this long if it were really happening. how were they just at contract negotiations when the show was announced back in March 2022? 

Honestly, the full re-haul reboot was unnecessary. It's gonna bomb hard. It's a cute idea in a Bravo boardroom but beyond that it's a dumb idea. No one wants to tune in for a bunch of random women we don't know. The 'OG' cast (up until the S10/S11 iteration) built the show. Those women are iconic. Messing with that is gonna sink the ship once and for all.

Why tf couldn't they just have brought Dorinda and Tinsley back and kept the cast as it was for S14? Ramona and Eboni could've reconciled and the whole cast would've had more fun for the simple fact they'd be shooting outside covid restrictions. that was the main hindrance of S13. they didn't go anywhere and it was an embarrassingly small cast. Tbh the only way I can see the franchise making a full comeback is if Queen Bethenny returns along with the core 4: Ramona, Sonja, Luann, Dorinda. That's what viewers want to see. Pick up where S11 left off!!! :deadbanana2:

Luann, Dorinda and Ramona just had lunch the other day too ;__; and not one camera in sight

yes the Page Six article alleges that the contracts were reneged bc Jill was holding out for too much money. i kinda refuse to believe she has that much power tbh , but Page Six reported multiple times that Legacy is currently dead and according to People Luann confirmed it’s currently on hold.

as for what could have been of season 14: i don’t think there was any possible reconciliation between Eboni and Ramona. also to be clear: Eboni is not the reason RHONY was cancelled tho she did kinda serve as a catalyst for its destruction (but the biggest culprit was Ramona’s racism), and if her one season was any indication … she just wasn’t a good fit for RHONY, at least as it currently existed at that time. she probably would have functioned really well on the new cast , but truth be told , they all look like boring nobodies and i could not have less interest in watching the reboot.

Leah was terrible casting. well, i guess actually she could have been better if Tinsley had stuck around , but whereas Tinsley knew how to properly function as the young girl of the group, Leah had no place interacting with these women and it showed. Tinsley had a connection to the UES and that’s what made her work as a member of the group.

i live in NYC now , and in my opinion, a new york city housewives show is all about location/neighborhood. the UES isn’t really a hot spot today , but it still houses the ladies who lunch crowd that made RHONY work to begin with. i think if they stray too far from the UES/UWS/Midtown crowd …… they risk the show being something else completely. from what i can tell most of the new RHONY women are more of a downtown vibe ….. and while that’s where *i* would hang out , it’s not what i want to watch out of housewives. i don’t want to see women with tiny Chinatown/Little Italy apartments. i don’t even want to see the try hard influencers in Soho/Tribeca …. i want my comfy security blanket and that formula squarely resides in the UES

4 minutes ago, qurl said:

i live in NYC now , and in my opinion, a new york city housewives show is all about location/neighborhood. the UES isn’t really a hot spot today , but it still houses the ladies who lunch crowd that made RHONY work to begin with. i think if they stray too far from the UES/UWS/Midtown crowd …… they risk the show being something else completely. from what i can tell most of the new RHONY women are more of a downtown vibe ….. and while that’s where *i* would hang out , it’s not what i want to watch out of housewives. i don’t want to see women with tiny Chinatown/Little Italy apartments. i don’t even want to see the try hard influencers in Soho/Tribeca …. i want my comfy security blanket and that formula squarely resides in the UES

Yup. Nailed it. Not to mention the downtown "let me show you true New York" vibe is cringe af & doesn't translate to reality TV. If they wanted to show "real" NYC they'd find women in Brooklyn and Queens. 

There's something about the RHONY ladies thinking the UES is the crown jewel of NYC (it's not) and clinging to the idea that those who live there are at the top of the NYC food chain (they're not). That delusion is what I wanna see. It creates the comedy in social situations or cast trips bc you see how normal ppl react to their antics- at restaurants, vacation homes in Cartagena, etc. I'm currently watching S11 and just seeing the flower shop lady rolling her eyes at Sonja & Ramona being loud and obnoxious is HILARIOUS.

If none of the new S14 cast is out of touch... what's the point? I'm not here for ~*aspirational*~ girl boss storylines. It's 2023. We all have aspiration fatigue. Give us down and dirty narcissism, breakdowns, galas, and Dorinda yelling at Ramona for ditching her at the Angel Ball. I'll give the reboot a chance but I'm not expecting much. :doc:

11 hours ago, boys said:

Alexia has always been this terrible I'm surprised so many people who watched RHOM back in the day are just now noticing when I look through twitter.

Was Nicole's husband being condescending? Yeah because it was such a nonissue that was being made I probably would have done the same. Alexia and her man talking about his job too and yet we don't know what either of them do except Alexia's nail place we never see.

This. Alexia has always been a rude, mean person, and she’s not main girl material. That third chair at the reunion is going to hurt her ego, I hope next season she’s more background like in s1-3, larsa, Lisa adrianna and Nicole are the real stars of this franchise.

20 hours ago, Stepfon said:

SLC was never that good at all and the only bright spot was Queen Mary. 

I mean true but it had potential.

Outside of Mary's quirk she didn't really add much. She doesn't know how to use proper grammar and she doesn't like to resolve an issue before moving on. It's a weird thing BUT her commentary with the eyes kind of made up for it.

I just find it odd how she withholds information yet others get dragged...she doesn't honor her commitments and it's somehow ok. Stanning can go too far when objectivity is thrown out the window...other than that I can't wait for Mary to come back tbh. 

Even if she is support for Meredith and Heather it's still something.

13 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Team Monique was kind of embarrassing cause she would kiss up to the GEB whenever there was the slightest bit of good grace :dies:

She wanted to be on the winning team so badly. She knew Karen is for herself...Candice is too emotionally immature to be dependable...and Wendy is Wendy.

H14s12t.gif

On 2/4/2023 at 1:15 AM, stophittingmedad said:

all the current HW seasons are ending. what is airing next? are we gonna only have NJ for a while?? :deadbanana4:

On 2/4/2023 at 5:30 AM, FAN said:

Orange County is returning soon and Vanderpump Rules + Summer House so Bravo remains booked and busy 

Bravo will also premiere the RHONY reboot sooner or later, probably in spring or summer.

After that we should get the return of RHOBH (finally), but they haven't even started filming yet...

5 hours ago, qurl said:

5 hours ago, Alfred said:

Yup. Nailed it. Not to mention the downtown "let me show you true New York" vibe is cringe af & doesn't translate to reality TV. If they wanted to show "real" NYC they'd find women in Brooklyn and Queens. 

There's something about the RHONY ladies thinking the UES is the crown jewel of NYC (it's not) and clinging to the idea that those who live there are at the top of the NYC food chain (they're not). That delusion is what I wanna see. It creates the comedy in social situations or cast trips bc you see how normal ppl react to their antics- at restaurants, vacation homes in Cartagena, etc. I'm currently watching S11 and just seeing the flower shop lady rolling her eyes at Sonja & Ramona being loud and obnoxious is HILARIOUS.

If none of the new S14 cast is out of touch... what's the point? I'm not here for ~*aspirational*~ girl boss storylines. It's 2023. We all have aspiration fatigue. Give us down and dirty narcissism, breakdowns, galas, and Dorinda yelling at Ramona for ditching her at the Angel Ball. I'll give the reboot a chance but I'm not expecting much. :doc:

WHEW. You girls SPILT. Everything here is dead on.

We don’t want to see true NY. We want the delusion of old women way past their prime still clinging on to what was. IMO almost none of the housewives shows represent “True (insert city)” so why start now?

3 hours ago, Matangi said:

Bravo will also premiere the RHONY reboot sooner or later, probably in spring or summer.

After that we should get the return of RHOBH (finally), but they haven't even started filming yet...

RHOBH commences filming around Valentines Day so it’s a long ways away. 

On 2/4/2023 at 10:23 AM, stjosephprey4us said:

I don’t understand why Robyn is getting a special when she just was on WWHL getting lashed by Andy :stare: the way they couldn’t give us the Jen special but threw this together…

Also not Robina both getting a wedding special in the finale and a special at the end of the reunion. How did this happen :toofunny3: Robyn becoming the most interesting part of the season was not on my bingo card lol

On 2/4/2023 at 10:42 AM, slw84 said:

On this good Saturday, ya'll have Fire Robyn trending:zzz:

Robyn has made them green with envy

The relevance

what's weird is why people want her fired...withholding information as if every other cast member divulges everything. 

Why do the haters not see they are playing right into the game?

On 2/4/2023 at 9:48 AM, Bethenny Frankel said:

Robyn getting her own special on top of the reunion...maybe she won in the end?

robyn truly won im crying. never in my life did i think i would see the obsessed robyn haters in this thread bending the knee to admit that robyn is the star of the series. i used to pray for times like these and now they're coming true!!! ahhhhhh

So Peacock put out a statement to People that Brandi made several unwarranted kisses/actions towards Caroline and they take the safety of their people seriously. Yikes. 

Mia flipping on Karen... I can't imagine she had a good reunion. :rip:

The sound effect transition from Jamaica as it cut into Maryland instead had me SCREAMING :deadbanana4:

Spoiler

The pole with the flower used as a stand-in for Karen. RHOP editors are the gift that keeps on giving :loki: 

Bravo needs to follow their template of comedic editing for all RH franchises

I think Karen is lowkey in on the Charisse thing tbh 

cause the fight was so random lol

I'm confused...what is the post reunion one-on-one with Robyn going to cover if it was discussed in depth on WWHL last night?

Edited by Shy Boy

8 minutes ago, Shy Boy said:

I'm confused...what is the post reunion one-on-one with Robyn going to cover if it was discussed in depth on WWHL last night?

I’m confused too haha

wedding special, wwhl, and reunion is a lot for Robyn tbh 

if she doesn’t get fired robyn kind of won :ahh:

charisse is just so idk

her brand of messiness is more entertaining than mia's

H14s12t.gif

2 hours ago, Shy Boy said:

I think there was a quick text box that said the extended version of Andy questioning Robyn will be shown during the RHOP reunion, so the one on one was probably filmed after that episode of WWHL was filmed 

6 hours ago, Katamari said:

charisse is just so idk

H14s12t.gif

Yes, Charisse > Mia anyday.

Charisse spent a season getting a wine room and confessing her and her husband were separated in like the last 4 minutes of the reunion.

Mia talking about how she and her best friend fooled around with her husband was more entertaining to watch than Charisse's entire time on the show.

7 hours ago, Katamari said:

charisse is just so idk

H14s12t.gif

Nah, Mia’s energy for the most part is more entertaining…Charrisse sucks the air out of the room, and she always looks sweaty and musty 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.