Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

On 10/30/2022 at 5:54 PM, Héloïse said:

choose something different, MEN is the worst horror film of this decade.

On 10/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, josesuxx said:

Stop spreading misinformation 

Regarding ME(!)n: 

I was kinda disappointed the first 40 minutes, the concept would’ve worked maybe as a Thriller or better as a Drama (especially with the relationship dynamic, guilt etc.), but for a horror movie it felt kinda thin. But then it picked up, especially in horror elements. The movie is still subtle and I didn’t get a lot of the symbolism (everything in the church – the symbol on the fountain?, the poems by the priest), but the misogynistic, men/James and ‘baby’ references made sense to me (after thinking about it). The main actress kinda snapped, especially in the scenes with James. Loved the scenery, the woods and the house. Kinnear and his smile are so creepy (the scene in the car omg). 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

• ATRL Moderator
13 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

So you don't believe in Barbarian supremacy. Got it. 

I liked it though! I just didn't love it!

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

Hey uhm so… don’t ******* watch this unless you want your entire month ruined. It’s upsetting, relentless and depraved. And it’s very real. 

Imagine the anxiety inducing chokehold of the final act of mother! but without any metaphysical elements. 

I hadn't even heard of it prior to seeing your comment but I'm really interested now honestly. Its receive great reviews it seems. Was it upsetting in an educational/good way?

12 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I hadn't even heard of it prior to seeing your comment but I'm really interested now honestly. It’s receive great reviews it seems. Was it upsetting in an educational/good way?

No. It doesn’t say anything new, it basically positions the viewer in the shoes of white supremacists committing a hate crime. 

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

No. It doesn’t say anything new, it basically positions the viewer in the shoes of white supremacists committing a hate crime. 

Gotcha, that sounds reductive and awful 

Tomorow i have to watch "Pearl" because Zzavid is gonna upload a video reaction of it. 

I have so many movies to watch. At the same time i have to check 2020-2021 list of horror movies because i feel like i missed alot. 

Has anyone here seen Run Sweetheart Run on Amazon Prime? It's not great but a decent horror movie tbh. A few dumb/questionable moments lol but I liked the lead actress

Happy Birthday to Me (1981) was such a crazy slasher masterpiece! :ghostface: very proto-Malignant with its absurd plot and clash of ideas. such a fun watch

JohnWayneHolland
10 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Hey uhm so… don’t ******* watch this unless you want your entire month ruined. It’s upsetting, relentless and depraved. And it’s very real. 

Imagine the anxiety inducing chokehold of the final act of mother! but without any metaphysical elements. 

I didn't even know this movie existed but this comment makes me wanna watch it tbh :giraffe: I'll probably watch it this weekend.

Pearl was meehhh and honestly... A24 doesn't slay the way people want to make it seem... their peak was definitely Hereditary and Midsommar... the rest... questionable

8 hours ago, Jay L said:

Has anyone here seen Run Sweetheart Run on Amazon Prime? It's not great but a decent horror movie tbh. A few dumb/questionable moments lol but I liked the lead actress

I actually liked it a lot. It's like one long chase scene with lots of fun and unpredictable elements. Just outside my Top 10 for the year :heart:

Smile was a cute gal. It gives you some interesting bits just right when you got bored or frustrated. But def you're not missing out much if you don't watch it

5 minutes ago, Repelex said:

Not a movie called Smile outgrossing Scream 5 

See when you copy it follows but actually do it well.

More and more people have been switching on Scream 5, realizing it's not that great :lmao: We love to see it

Okay, so... I never get scared by jump scares nowadays. I am quite literally unfazed by them at this point. 

However, not only once, but TWICE, Smile had me screaming. Very innovative, creative and well done scares. 

I have to give it to this movie. A very pleasant surprise. Nothing groundbreaking conceptually, but the camera + audio work and the overall atmosphere it built up was amazing!

The ending was a letdown tho.

3.5/5

Edited by mellenthin

6 hours ago, mellenthin said:

Okay, so... I never get scared by jump scares nowadays. I am quite literally unfazed by them at this point. 

However, not only once, but TWICE, Smile had me screaming. Very innovative, creative and well done scares. 

I have to give it to this movie. A very pleasant surprise. Nothing groundbreaking conceptually, but the camera + audio work and the overall atmosphere it built up was amazing!

Reveal hidden contents

The ending was a letdown tho.

3.5/5

Twin my thoughts a bit! I liked the ending though. 

Spoiler

I knew it was her time to SMILE but the last 20 minutes or so gave me hope that an eventual sequel will take some artsy fartsy risks. @ChapelHooker

10 hours ago, The Witch said:

Go a week without discussing It Follows challenge 

304989329-782948469589007-12294747656585 

12 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

More and more people have been switching on Scream 5, realizing it's not that great :lmao: We love to see it

naur it's trew, it's trew.

that franchise have been chugging along for 3 movies solely from the steam of the Legendary first movie. :clap3:

5 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

naur it's trew, it's trew.

that franchise have been chugging along for 3 movies solely from the steam of the Legendary first movie. :clap3:

Go off legend! 

1 & 2 are the only good films. 

34 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Go off legend! 

1 & 2 are the only good films. 

Not when 4 exists!

2 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Twin my thoughts a bit! I liked the ending though. 

Hide contents

I knew it was her time to SMILE but the last 20 minutes or so gave me hope that an eventual sequel will take some artsy fartsy risks. @ChapelHooker

Go a week without discussing It Follows challenge 

I was honesly kind of blown away by the climax, it took some risks and it paid off very well.

Spoiler

The shot of the creature ripping its face off will haunt me for a while tbh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.