Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

EOfxgAk.gif

dir. Brandon Cronenberg

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 87% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.2/5

"While staying at an isolated island resort, James and Em are enjoying a perfect vacation of pristine beaches, exceptional staff, and soaking up the sun. But guided by the seductive and mysterious Gabi, they venture outside the resort grounds and find themselves in a culture filled with violence, hedonism, and untold horror."

211 pts

Highest: #5 @Delirious

Voters: @Reverse Warholian@Lord Gaga@Vorhees@elevate@justin.@DelRey@Euterpe@My.December@Lemon@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@ChapelHooker@SmashingMiley@Jay L@PixelStick@PaloSanto@SitarHero@ninasayers@killer_rose@Roberto@Johnny Cash@Walk_Away21@The Witch

• Haha 1

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

Mia and Alexander work so well in this movie, they have to star together more and in this kind of thriller sagas. Movie does feel like is not conclusive or poignant enough though, but the realized concept is pretty creative and terrifying. 

The top 10 is about to eat.

Mia was so iconique in Infinity Pool!

JxfjB75.gif

dir. Nahnatchka Khan

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 87% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.5/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.1/5

"When the infamous “Sweet Sixteen Killer” returns 35 years after his first murder spree to claim another victim, 17-year-old Jamie accidentally travels back in time to 1987, determined to stop the killer before he can start."

263 pts

Highest: #2 @lillavend3r

Voters: @genetic fail@hypnodemiluv@Reverse Warholian@Coldpurry@Lord Gaga@Vorhees@elevate@justin.@DelRey@Euterpe@My.December@Delirious@Lemon@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@SmashingMiley@Jay L@PixelStick@SitarHero@ninasayers@Johnny Cash@Walk_Away21@The Witch

• Like 7

Will Mia Goth continue her streak of top 10 hits this year with MaXXXine ? :dancehall:

1 minute ago, genetic fail said:

JxfjB75.gif

dir. Nahnatchka Khan

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 87% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.5/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.1/5

"When the infamous “Sweet Sixteen Killer” returns 35 years after his first murder spree to claim another victim, 17-year-old Jamie accidentally travels back in time to 1987, determined to stop the killer before he can start."

263 pts

Highest: #2 @lillavend3r

Voters: @genetic fail@hypnodemiluv@Reverse Warholian@Coldpurry@Lord Gaga@Vorhees@elevate@justin.@DelRey@Euterpe@My.December@Delirious@Lemon@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@SmashingMiley@Jay L@PixelStick@SitarHero@ninasayers@Johnny Cash@Walk_Away21@The Witch

SMASH! 

Totally Killer is not as successful as Thanksgiving in comic department, maybe even not that brazen, but at least committee had a clue to include it. :clap3: 

• Like 2

GOW8Xiv.gif

dir. John Hyams

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 87% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3/5

"In the midst of the pandemic, college student Parker and her best friend Miri decide to self-quarantine at her family’s lake house, where they will be alone — or so they think…"

265 pts

Highest: #2 @Johnny Cash

Voters: @genetic fail@hypnodemiluv@Reverse Warholian@lillavend3r@Coldpurry@Lord Gaga@Vorhees@elevate@justin.@DelRey@My.December@Lemon@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@ChapelHooker@SmashingMiley@Jay L@PixelStick@SitarHero@Walk_Away21@The Witch

• Like 5

Sick is the one. :clap3: Kevin's pen knows how to be sharp. He has managed to encapsulate insanity of pandemic on both ends. It will be a sleeper hit and a recurring movie of this era. The motive is so insanely insane ( car scene when the lady doesn't let Parker enter the car without the mask is so pointed ), just as insane as conspiracists and anti-vaxers sound like, while the main girl is so self-absorbed and an example of post-factual times we are in. Chase scenes on these locations are top notch. Short, effective, to the point - vaccinate us with Sick 2, come on. :hippo:

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 4

Sick, the icon that you are :clap3:

UcEqggo.gif

dir. Brian Duffield

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 81% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.3/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3/5

"An exiled anxiety-ridden homebody must battle an alien who’s found its way into her home."

296 pts

Highest: #1 @Euterpe :1stplace:

Voters: @genetic fail@Reverse Warholian@lillavend3r@Lord Gaga@Vorhees@elevate@justin.@DelRey@My.December@Delirious@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@ChapelHooker@SmashingMiley@Jay L@PixelStick@PaloSanto@SitarHero@ninasayers@Roberto@Johnny Cash@Walk_Away21@The Witch

• Like 5

Cinematography is very pleasant in this one. :priceless:

1 hour ago, genetic fail said:

GOW8Xiv.gif

dir. John Hyams

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 87% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3/5

"In the midst of the pandemic, college student Parker and her best friend Miri decide to self-quarantine at her family’s lake house, where they will be alone — or so they think…"

265 pts

Highest: #2 @Johnny Cash

Voters: @genetic fail@hypnodemiluv@Reverse Warholian@lillavend3r@Coldpurry@Lord Gaga@Vorhees@elevate@justin.@DelRey@My.December@Lemon@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@ChapelHooker@SmashingMiley@Jay L@PixelStick@SitarHero@Walk_Away21@The Witch

is this one a good watch. I want something to see tonight and I see Dylan Sprayberry is in it too

JNN3ag0.gif

dir. Gerard Johnstone

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 93% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.4/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 2.8/5

"A brilliant toy company roboticist uses artificial intelligence to develop M3GAN, a life-like doll programmed to emotionally bond with her newly orphaned niece. But when the doll’s programming works too well, she becomes overprotective of her new friend with terrifying results."

302 pts

Highest: #1 @DelRey :1stplace:

Voters: @genetic fail@hypnodemiluv@Reverse Warholian@lillavend3r@Coldpurry@Lord Gaga@Vorhees@elevate@justin.@Euterpe@Delirious@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@ChapelHooker@SmashingMiley@Jay L@PixelStick@PaloSanto@SitarHero@ninasayers@killer_rose@Roberto@Johnny Cash@Walk_Away21@The Witch

💩-Lister: @My.December

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

M3gan was a cute girl and thas it. Glad it missed the top 5 

Scream VI top 5 confirmed

• Thumbs Down 1

M3GAN deserved top 3, but at least made it to the top 10. :clap3:

Scream, Evil Dead and Saw X confirmed top 5.

• Thanks 1

Nice top 10 except one movie who didn't deserve it, glad it's out. 

So my 1, 3, 5, 6 & 7 are still in. Nice!

The way all of my Top 5 are still in 

laughing-stan.gif

Jigsaw will be king. I have planted the seed.

Saw X, Scream VI, When Evil Lurks, Evil Dead Rise... and what?

Edit: Talk to Me

6 minutes ago, justin. said:

Saw X, Scream VI, When Evil Lurks, Evil Dead Rise... and what?

Edit: Talk to Me

Yeah that's a solid top 5.

3 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Yeah that's a solid top 5.

Agreed. I enjoyed them all!

• Like 1

Top 5 prediction

5 Talk to Me

4 Scat 6

3 When Organicness Lurks

2 Saw X

1 Evil Dead Rise

:ihype:

Well, let’s say every other movie in top 10 so far is better than Chucky’s Megan. :foxaylove2:

6 hours ago, genetic fail said:

EOfxgAk.gif

dir. Brandon Cronenberg

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 87% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.2/5

"While staying at an isolated island resort, James and Em are enjoying a perfect vacation of pristine beaches, exceptional staff, and soaking up the sun. But guided by the seductive and mysterious Gabi, they venture outside the resort grounds and find themselves in a culture filled with violence, hedonism, and untold horror."

211 pts

Highest: #5 @Delirious

Voters: @Reverse Warholian@Lord Gaga@Vorhees@elevate@justin.@DelRey@Euterpe@My.December@Lemon@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@ChapelHooker@SmashingMiley@Jay L@PixelStick@PaloSanto@SitarHero@ninasayers@killer_rose@Roberto@Johnny Cash@Walk_Away21@The Witch

omg i voted this too high/.... :coffee:

4 hours ago, genetic fail said:

UcEqggo.gif

dir. Brian Duffield

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 81% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.3/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3/5

"An exiled anxiety-ridden homebody must battle an alien who’s found its way into her home."

296 pts

Highest: #1 @Euterpe :1stplace:

Voters: @genetic fail@Reverse Warholian@lillavend3r@Lord Gaga@Vorhees@elevate@justin.@DelRey@My.December@Delirious@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@ChapelHooker@SmashingMiley@Jay L@PixelStick@PaloSanto@SitarHero@ninasayers@Roberto@Johnny Cash@Walk_Away21@The Witch

i keep forgetting this exists. at least i voted for it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.