Top Posters In This Topic

• Dylangaga

• illia

• Chiidish

• Lee!!

Top Posters In This Topic

We need sakamoto days animated 

On 3/22/2024 at 4:06 PM, Lee!! said:

Anyone watching Delicious in Dungeon? That last episode was enjoyably darker and it seems like it's heading in a crazy direction now!

Yes honestly any anime show with food as a major theme is usually a watch for me. But I really love Delicious in Dungeon's approach to fantasy and adventure. It's really cool that's it not just about food or episodic, they're really fleshing out the world with drama and mystery plot lines and the characters have continuing arcs. unexpected gem 

• Like 1

• ATRL Administrator
21 minutes ago, Chiidish said:

Yes honestly any anime show with food as a major theme is usually a watch for me. But I really love Delicious in Dungeon's approach to fantasy and adventure. It's really cool that's it not just about food or episodic, they're really fleshing out the world with drama and mystery plot lines and the characters have continuing arcs. unexpected gem 

I'm the same when it comes to food anime (yet usually avoid dungeon themed ones go figure lol). You're completely right about its approach, world building and fleshing out characters. This weeks episode confirmed the crazy direction! Poor Falin. I'm glad we get 24 episodes!

ZPVPz_CObDpnH08hnJF81DnPMvcQjN2L0J_zbRjC

I watched the first 3 episodes of Delicious in Dungeon then dropped it

fgUWvQ7.gif

• ATRL Administrator
15 hours ago, Dylangaga said:

I watched the first 3 episodes of Delicious in Dungeon then dropped it

fgUWvQ7.gif

97d9607d3e47ef387b72929f9efb5ee32d2cc224

I'm sorry but JJK was never great to begin with. As someone had already said it's continuously giving great fights, beautiful fights. That's it.

OT: I'm doing a Gintama re-watch. Why is it slaying me so hard again? :WAP:  Lowkey the best anime of all time 

• Like 1

Reading Billy Bat by Naoki Urasawa and it's so good so far.
I hope it doesn't turn into a convoluted trashy mess like a certain other manga by the same author 

:clack:

4 hours ago, Pepo said:

I'm sorry but JJK was never great to begin with. As someone had already said it's continuously giving great fights, beautiful fights. That's it.

OT: I'm doing a Gintama re-watch. Why is it slaying me so hard again? :WAP:  Lowkey the best anime of all time 

One Piece has what Gintama deserves. I might do a rewatch after I finish studying for the GMAT and/or get a new job :jonny4: 

I still need to see the final Gintama arcs

S/N: MHA spoilers 

Spoiler

AFO being back as a vestige, he's truly a ROACH but at least unlike Sakuna he is not holding the entire story hostage for hundreds of chapters 

Hmm, Fushigi Yugi and High School Debut both are solid, amusing shojo that tell a good story that wraps up in 13 volumes.

But then there are more unnecessary volumes added on, in which the plot barely exists beyond "omg their true love is forever," the supporting characters mostly have barely anything to do, and the humor is notably reduced. 

I started rewatching Fairy Tail for the 100th to get ready for 100 Years Quest :duca: i started at the Grand Magic Games then jumped to Tartaros:jonny: Tartaros was probably my favorite arc. The MOMENTS that it served!:jonny: Mard Geer dropping the chair then falling into IT:jonny:

so what are y'all watching for spring?

very interested in Bartender, A Condition Called Love, Kaiju No.8 and Wind Breaker!

• ATRL Administrator
10 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

very interested in Bartender, A Condition Called Love, Kaiju No.8 and Wind Breaker!

Definitely Kaiju No.8, Laid-Back Camp, A Condition Called Love, and possibly Whisper Me A Love Song, Go! Go! Loser Ranger!, Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night, Mission: Yozakura Family, and Bartender.

kinda surprised ao haru ride is the most popular shojo manga on myanimelist. I mean, it's decent but nothing notable. of the 15 most popular shojo on there that I've finished, tiers:

Banana Fish

Fruits Basket

Ouran High School Host Club

Maid Sama

Skip Beat

Nana

From Me to You

Dengeki Daisy

Kamisama Kiss

Orange

Cardcaptor Sakura

Ao Haru Ride

Beast Master

High School Debut

Vampire Knight

The latest Dragon Ball Super was so touching and one of the best DB chapters like ever.

If it wasn't for a certain plot point, it would make a perfect ending of the series as a whole :gaycat6:

• ATRL Administrator

Wasn't expecting the humor in Kaiju No. 8 but I loved it!

PEAK CINEMA IS COMING OMFGGFSDGSFDSFDDF AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

crying-wailing.gif

THIS LOOKS AMAZING

crying-wailing.gif

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 3:21 AM, Antisocialites said:

I'm watching Windbreaker, very promising start and I'm a sucker for heroic "delinquents"

@Katamari Looks like the new CoN/An movie is smashing the previous movie's box office records as we speak :jonny6: I guess it's cause there are bigger "canon" reveals in this movie unlike the previous glorified CoAi fanfic movie (which wasn't bad!)

However! What I thought would be the gayest CoN/An movie yet (cause of the Heiji x Kid... mishap) turned out to be anti-yaoi actually :deadbanana4: (Yep I spoiled myself)

Can't wait to see the movie next year I guess cause I'm not in Japan :cm:

7094c42dcea2663bd514749e4576af4718a8b466

2 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

@Katamari Looks like the new CoN/An movie is smashing the previous movie's box office records as we speak :jonny6: I guess it's cause there are bigger "canon" reveals in this movie unlike the previous glorified CoAi fanfic movie (which wasn't bad!)

However! What I thought would be the gayest CoN/An movie yet (cause of the Heiji x Kid... mishap) turned out to be anti-yaoi actually :deadbanana4: (Yep I spoiled myself)

Can't wait to see the movie next year I guess cause I'm not in Japan :cm:

7094c42dcea2663bd514749e4576af4718a8b466

Next year with no dub either  because laziness :suburban:

but yes Conan yes success :clap3: 

Not that people were expecting anything, but RIP

• ATRL Administrator

The animation in Kaiju No. 8's OP is insane!

Does someone have any information about "Twittering Birds Never Fly" and "Given" :biblio: 

Its been years?? Why don't they do anyrhing??

Binged watched Mashle in 1 day and realized my favorite genre might be the parody/underestimated hero troupe after watching OPM and this

:suburban:

Any other suggestions? 

1 hour ago, Funnyfatty said:

Does someone have any information about "Twittering Birds Never Fly" and "Given" :biblio: 

Its been years?? Why don't they do anyrhing??

Given's sequel is being released via movies, the first one is from 2020 and should be available on streaming, the second one was released earlier this year, and the third one is coming this year, too. But it'll probably take a while before they reach the international audience.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.