• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

I haven't  played any of the Switch games cause I refuse to support Lazyfreak but my bf just gifted me Sword and Violet so I will play them.

Any thoughts on the starters? I kind of wanna pick my starters based on looks... like a kid, but another part of me does not want to end with a useless pokemon.

For Gen 8 I despise the bunny, that final form gives me the creeps. Aesthetically I prefer the green monkey (Grokey is so cute), is he good? Or should I go with knock-off Greninja?

As for gen 9. I actually like all three base forms, the little duck is my fave one. But then I see the final evos... the crocodile is fugly. The duck is just off putting. It wants to serve c**t but it just ends up serving femme trying to pass as masc. The cat looks like a bad ***** but the typing is horrible, girl has so many weaknesses. 

What's the consensus here?

I remember when I played Pokemon X, I didn't know the final evos and I picked Chespin. The disappointment when I saw that final evo... I wanted to restart my game. On Sun I picked Rowlet cause I already knew Decideueye was a SLAY. For Ultra Moon I picked the hag and honestly she was underwhelming, i should've gone with the furry.

41 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

I haven't  played any of the Switch games cause I refuse to support Lazyfreak but my bf just gifted me Sword and Violet so I will play them.

Any thoughts on the starters? I kind of wanna pick my starters based on looks... like a kid, but another part of me does not want to end with a useless pokemon.

For Gen 8 I despise the bunny, that final form gives me the creeps. Aesthetically I prefer the green monkey (Grokey is so cute), is he good? Or should I go with knock-off Greninja?

As for gen 9. I actually like all three base forms, the little duck is my fave one. But then I see the final evos... the crocodile is fugly. The duck is just off putting. It wants to serve c**t but it just ends up serving femme trying to pass as masc. The cat looks like a bad ***** but the typing is horrible, girl has so many weaknesses. 

I remember when I played Pokemon X, I didn't know the final evos and I picked Chespin. The disappointment when I saw that final evo... I wanted to restart my game. On Sun I picked Rowlet cause I already knew Decideueye was a SLAY. For Ultra Moon I picked the hag and honestly she was underwhelming, i should've gone with the furry.

All the gen 8 starters are fugly, Grookey’s evolution is one of the most broken Pokémon in the game but you need its hidden ability and the DLC move Grassy Glide for it to be good. 

Sprigatita and all her evolutions are a serve, Meowscarada’s typing sucks but her stats make up for it and you can always terastalize her to get rid of the shitty typing or get her hidden ability which lets her be any type based on the move she uses

1 hour ago, rta1913 said:

For Sword go with OU icon Cinderace, you cannot miss with him. For Scarlet, all starters are horrible especially Meowscarada (Disgusting creature), make Gholdengo your starter, he's the moment :gaycat5:

Ok Goodra should've 100% gotten Poison Heal https://www.instagram.com/reel/CovV8KFg_wU/

TIL the dragon she's based on eats venom from the most toxic jellyfish in the world.

blue-dragon--glaucus-atlanticus--blue-sea-slug-986491702-f0cb140dd639453e8a2d8c56637dce73.jpg

6 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Didn’t they like promise they were working on a performance patch? Or did I dream that? And then it just never happened :ahh:

They did, but it was just a way to shut everyone up until the backlash died down :dies: 

6 hours ago, Desire said:

I haven't touched the game in months :skull: Did they ever fix that save glitch? Want to do the legendary dens when they come back 

The one that would permanently corrupt your save file? No :clown:

4 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Whats the point? They can’t get the games to run a decent FPS :deadbanana2:

"Used in future games" :dies: like the "future-proof" XY ones were supposed to be? 

1 hour ago, rta1913 said:

Trade it in for Legends Arceus, the best Pokemon game ever :gaycat4: and then pick the SUPERIOR Decidueye.

227_p3_01.jpg720914facc1efd826c5cdfc7209aa4cf.jpg

10 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

For Sword go with OU icon Cinderace, you cannot miss with him. For Scarlet, all starters are horrible especially Meowscarada (Disgusting creature), make Gholdengo your starter, he's the moment :gaycat5:

Literally the absolute worst advice I’ve ever seen :biblionny:

2 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Random Pokémon Facts — Hola! I would love to see a fact about gholdengo

9 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Sksksk that's literally a reason I stopped playing with all the hours I had already put into shiny hunting :deadbanana2:

Perched for Charizard’s new form :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

All the gen 8 starters are fugly, Grookey’s evolution is one of the most broken Pokémon in the game but you need its hidden ability and the DLC move Grassy Glide for it to be good. 

Sprigatita and all her evolutions are a serve, Meowscarada’s typing sucks but her stats make up for it and you can always terastalize her to get rid of the shitty typing or get her hidden ability which lets her be any type based on the move she uses

What do you mean by broken? I guess I can always just ditch the starter... yeah from this gen the cat is the best looking one.

53 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

I am sure the rabbit is good but it is hideous to look at, I could not bear it :ahh:

43 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Ok Goodra should've 100% gotten Poison Heal

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CovV8KFg_wU/

They did, but it was just a way to shut everyone up until the backlash died down :dies: 

"Used in future games" :dies: like the "future-proof" XY ones were supposed to be? 

Trade it in for Legends Arceus, the best Pokemon game ever :gaycat4: and then pick the SUPERIOR Decidueye.

Oh that is a game I wanna play! Since GameFreak did not develop it I guess I can give it my coins.

42 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

:bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

Ok Goodra should've 100% gotten Poison Heal https://www.instagram.com/reel/CovV8KFg_wU/

TIL the dragon she's based on eats venom from the most toxic jellyfish in the world.

blue-dragon--glaucus-atlanticus--blue-sea-slug-986491702-f0cb140dd639453e8a2d8c56637dce73.jpg

They could've done several things with Goodra, give it dragon/water or dragon/poison typing. Since she's a slimmy pokemon, she could've learned recover or had regenerator as its HA. It's like they wanted to make bad for the sake of it.

H-Decidueye grew up on me a lot. I even worked on getting a shiny on the game and I'm tempted to buy the PC plush, it looks nice.

Hisui Decidueye is SO MUCH better than the original. I love him so much. 

If GF are so adamant about not giving slug Recover they should at least give it some form of indirect recovery.

goodra.png

Poison Heal

DragonIC_Big.pngWaterIC_Big.png

goodra-hisui.png

Shelter Status 

User switches out, & restores 25% HP

15 hours ago, Magickarp said:

720914facc1efd826c5cdfc7209aa4cf.jpg

I love H-Decidueye but why is he trying to be BlaziKING here with that pose there can only be one bird fighting icon and the position is taken sorry.

cd3.gif

Edited by Blue.

OK this is a great track I confess, well done Gen 5

7 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

OK this is a great track I confess, well done Gen 5

B2/W2 are iconic :WAP:

I just watched the 3 episodes of the anime and it's good so far. Although this whole thing of the insecure and fragile dencell in distress thingy is a bit tried out but I've enjoyed so far.

Btw, Inteleon is the next tera raid. I'mma do it but I'm not particularly excited for it, should've been Chesnaught.

**** ME

BW + BW2 remakes by Square Enix

Pokemon Legends: Original Dragon by GF, directed by Iwao 

please :jonny5:

19 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

**** ME

Since it's gen 5, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a remake like BDSP because it's what it deserves :clap3:

27 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

**** ME

This has been my dream ever since the first Octopath released :weeps:

31 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

**** ME

A literal wet DREAM. The best gen getting the best visual style. :WAP:

The next mainline game should be Legends: Eternal Floette or Legends: Celebii and that's Ciara

1 hour ago, Dark Miracles said:

The next mainline game should be Legends: Eternal Floette or Legends: Celebii and that's Ciara

Next mainline game should be gen 10. 

Scrap pointless spin offs and focus on giving a good and polished mainline title for once. 

On 4/25/2023 at 1:22 PM, Dark Miracles said:

My guess is that it'll be an ILCA rehash of HGSS in 2024. It'll be the lowest effort option for them to pursue, since it'd be built on the same base as BDSP.

Scrap mainline titles until GameFreak finally knows how to code modern games :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.