Boys Love | BLammy Winners Announced (Starting Pg. 834)

JonginBey

• Replies 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• Genius1111

• Nebur

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

wait not Sarawat & Mil fightin over Miss Tine ...

bendito poor Phukong 

1 hour ago, dabunique said:

also Thai BL actors and their degrees

j7m4l0z2ukt81.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

notice my King in da medical field with my Dr Jimmy

So quite a few discussions on this sub have previously touched on the social background of Thai BL actors, and formal education can be an interesting illustration of this. In Thailand, there's a very strong social value placed on the attainment of higher education, which is seen as a marker of middle-class membership. I took /u/global_cat_wizard's list from this thread (plus a few mentioned in the comments) and noted each actor's university and field of study, grouping and sorting them from most common at the topleft. I only went down to those with at least 500k followers, though, as information about the rest was scarcer and I ran out of effort. Actors are listed under the university and faculty they graduated (bachelor's degree) from, or where they were studying according to the most recent available information.

It probably shouldn't be surprising that communication arts is the most common field of study, especially among those who joined the industry at a younger age. Interestingly, engineering comes in second, followed by economics and business administration / commerce and accountancy.

On the institution axis, Srinakharinwirot University (SWU) appears to be very popular, especially in recent years. This might have something to do with the fact that the university campus is right next to the GMM Grammy building... (Its communication arts school is called the College of Social Communication Innovation, while the performing arts major is under the Fine and Applied Arts faculty.) Chulalongkorn University (CU) is the country's oldest university, and widely considered the most prestigious. Its Communication Arts faculty is very influential in the Thai entertainment industry, and its network of alumni include many big names in the media business. The Communication Arts faculty at Bangkok University (BU) is another well known one. BU and Assumption University (AU) are the two best known private universities.

Generally, competition is strongest for entry into the old public universities (Chula, Thammasat, Kaset, Mahidol), while private universities are less sought after due to their higher fees. Some private universities have scholarship programmes for actors and singers, whose attendance helps with publicity.

Before watching Thai shows, I have only heard of Chula and Thammasat.

yes babies, talk it out

this is a cute scene for da end of episode 7

Not sure if @JonginBey would like to include this in the OP. 

In the Reddit thread, when you sort by "Old", you would be able to see the OP and a list of actors and their IG pages.

ok Phukong u gotta tell Mil da truth who Sarawat is

Rak Diao ep 12 :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:I loved this episode he looked like a fanboy omg:jonny4:

the preview of episode 13 that ending left me in trauma I hope they don't go that route:coffee2::dancehall2:

8 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

i'm confused cuz i heard this but also Moonlight Chicken has begun production too and First & Khao r cast members

when legend P'Aof got La Rona i think it threw da schedule off

what a complete and utter mess this plan Man has using his friend to trick Type 

ugh not Ed Sheeran tickets, La garden gnome is even in BL's LOL

Edited by dabunique

37 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

Not sure if @JonginBey would like to include this in the OP. 

In the Reddit thread, when you sort by "Old", you would be able to see the OP and a list of actors and their IG pages.

minalocks-nct.gif

Miss @fais_2311 is in charge of all Bright and Win promo, because I’m not sure who they are.

1 hour ago, discreetinside said:

Which is more funny given like only around 10% of them are actually studied Engineering

tumblr_nzs5ftu9e41v2c2c0o1_400.gifv

1 hour ago, Genius1111 said:

1. MaxTul and TayNew and OhmNanon were from the same universities . Bright was in Thammasat (like Win) but he transferred out because he felt that marketing was more useful, so it would have been 4 ships in the same unis.

2. The creator missed out on Gawin Caskey, who was from Assumption University.

3. I am amazed at how Mix is able to juggle his vet studies/internship and his filming (3 shows with Earth + Safe House and other misc interviews)

4. I think Newwie was the only one who played a character from the same faculty that he actually studied (Electrical Engineering).

Half of the 1st season of 2bros2gether was basically Tine being a panicked gay (or bi) in denial. :gaycat6:

I don't really get the focus on the Engineering faculty (like SOTUS, Kiss Me Again/Dark Blue Kiss, Together With Me and many more I guess). Is it because Engineering has a higher absolute number of guys, so statistically more like to produce gay couples? 

I think, in my university, Mass Comm/Journalism and anything language-related had the highest percentage of gays (which also seemed to mirror the profile of the BL actors here hint hint!)

I am so glad that none of the characters in 2gether and TharnType and Not Me are from engineering.  

Perhaps the writers have some sort of Engineering fetish, because that’s their ideal man.

tumblr_nzs5ftu9e41v2c2c0o1_400.gifv

@Mix my love, any news on Plus Minus?

18 minutes ago, dabunique said:

@Mix my love, any news on Plus Minus?

I'm not sure about that one but maam we are literally tight and packed with BLs nnn

25 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

minalocks-nct.gif

Miss @fais_2311 is in charge of all Bright and Win promo, because I’m not sure who they are.

When will you let those hatred go:giraffe:

4 minutes ago, Mix said:

I'm not sure about that one but maam we are literally tight and packed with BLs nnn

its Taiwanese so i thought i'd ask da expert

1 minute ago, dabunique said:

its Taiwanese so i thought i'd ask da expert

I think the trailer came out? But i forgot about it nnnn. Miss Taiwan is releasing duds atm so i can't catch a break

3 hours ago, GentleDance said:

It's getting the Addicted treatment :deadvision:

Semantic Error's GLOBAL impact is just too much :clap3: 

7 minutes ago, Mix said:

I think the trailer came out? But i forgot about it nnnn. Miss Taiwan is releasing duds atm so i can't catch a break

And Miss Thailand was the most hardworking girl right now the yaoi girls and gays been fed with many BL currently aired at the same period so understandable our Taiwanese ambassador can't catch a break.

I was at a Thai restaurant the other days and I asked the waitress what pink milk was. She said it was like this drink called bandung (rose syrup + milk). I declined and I got green milk tea and but I am kinda regretting it now.

I also visited a Thai supermarket right after that and I gave in to capitalism and product placement. :gaycat6: I ended up buying the following:

- Dutch Mill milk [as endorsed by BrightWin, but their faces weren't on the covers of the carton]

- Nestle Bear Brand milk [as shown on The Miracle of Teddy Bear]

- Lactasoy Gold with double chocolate [as endorsed by Tay Tawan] *This is in addition to the 4 other small cartons of generic Lactasoy at home. 

- Oishii Honey Lemon Green Tea [as promoted on Dark Blue Kiss, but I'm not sure which actors are endorsing it]

- Oishii Green Tea with Kyoho Grape

- Lays (Salmon with Lime Chili] [as promoted by TayGun and Jennie I think]

I wanted to get Sang Sang Soy Milk [as endorsed by OffGun] but they were out of stock. There were also packets of that seaweed snack endorsed by Win but I'm not into seaweed in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

I also visited a Thai supermarket right after that and I gave in to capitalism and product placement. :gaycat6: I ended up buying the following:

- Dutch Mill milk [as endorsed by BrightWin, but their faces weren't on the covers of the carton]

- Nestle Bear Brand milk [as shown on The Miracle of Teddy Bear]

- Lactasoy Gold with double chocolate [as endorsed by Tay Tawan] *This is in addition to the 4 other small cartons of generic Lactasoy at home. 

- Oishii Honey Lemon Green Tea [as promoted on Dark Blue Kiss, but I'm not sure which actors are endorsing it]

- Oishii Green Tea with Kyoho Grape

- Lays (Salmon with Lime Chili] [as promoted by TayGun and Jennie I think]

I wanted to get Sang Sang Soy Milk [as endorsed by OffGun] but they were out of stock. There were also packets of that seaweed snack endorsed by Win but I'm not into seaweed in the first place.

:clap3:

24 minutes ago, Mix said:

its out already, first two episodes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.