Nintendo Base

feelslikeadream

Been in Japan for 10 days and visited Super Mario World in Osaka and the Pokemon Center stores and suddenly I'm so hyped and hungry of Nintendo/Pokemon content but also it feels like the Switch is done? Like I remember when it came out there were reports of people commuting while playing and kids going crazy about since, and since I've been here I've only seen one switch in the wild and it was a hostel guest and at the stores it's mostly young adults or adults not kids or teens so maybe they grew up the Switch and now it's boring for them or maybe they play PS5 or mobile now?

Btw I was thinking of buying Pokémon: LA because it has better critics and looks more different/fun than Scarlet/Violet that I'm afraid it's more of the same and I played Sword.

Also it feels like the Switch is dead? Last year had more big games and at least TOTK and SMBWonder were good but this year it has been only remakes of old games… I wonder if they are indeed debuting the Switch 2/Pro this Xmas or Spring 2025, I'm surprised that the current one lasted so much, 7 years is a lot!

• Like 1

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

1 hour ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Btw I was thinking of buying Pokémon: LA because it has better critics and looks more different/fun than Scarlet/Violet that I'm afraid it's more of the same and I played Sword.

Also it feels like the Switch is dead? Last year had more big games and at least TOTK and SMBWonder were good but this year it has been only remakes of old games… I wonder if they are indeed debuting the Switch 2/Pro this Xmas or Spring 2025, I'm surprised that the current one lasted so much, 7 years is a lot!

The legends series (or at least the first game) is focused on catching and exploring. The focus is not on Pokemon vs. Pokemon battles or becoming the region's strongest trainer like the main series. 

You may also find Scarlet and Violet more entertaining than Sword and Shield. The map is huge (bigger than Legends too) and you can spend hours exploring and catching as well. There are also different storylines (3) which adds some freshness to the game. The story is really really good. Perhaps one of the best Pokemon stories . And unlike Legends Arceus, you have two DLCs to continue when you're done with the base game. One of the problems I experienced with Legends is that I got tired of it and never got back to it because there isn't much to do other than throw Poke balls left and right. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Been in Japan for 10 days and visited Super Mario World in Osaka and the Pokemon Center stores and suddenly I'm so hyped and hungry of Nintendo/Pokemon content but also it feels like the Switch is done? Like I remember when it came out there were reports of people commuting while playing and kids going crazy about since, and since I've been here I've only seen one switch in the wild and it was a hostel guest and at the stores it's mostly young adults or adults not kids or teens so maybe they grew up the Switch and now it's boring for them or maybe they play PS5 or mobile now?

tf,  Switch is not dead,  that's why Nintendo delayed the successor,  do more reserch before posting this sh1t

• Thumbs Down 3

6 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

so maybe they grew up the Switch and now it's boring for them or maybe they play PS5 or mobile now?

The Switch OLED mode is currently outselling the PS5 (both disc and digital editions) so no :heart:

Mobile/handheld gaming is still dominating the country but the PC market is growing there as well

Tried the princess peach demo, its fine but i'm not gonna spend 60 bucks in a 6h lenght game.

I'm enjoying Showtime!, but not me having to look up where some of these gems/bows/ribbons are located.  :rip:

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 3:28 AM, ThousandMiles said:

does anyone here play Stardew Valley? thoughts? is it better than ACNH?

loooove Stardew Valley! It's not really comparable to animal crossing though, they're two different genres. Stardew is a spiritual successor to the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games so if you like farming sims/light combat/community building you'll like it. If you like customizing the entire island you won't love Stardew, because the only thing can fully customize is your farm 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 7:54 AM, thatsmydemi said:

The legends series (or at least the first game) is focused on catching and exploring. The focus is not on Pokemon vs. Pokemon battles or becoming the region's strongest trainer like the main series. 

You may also find Scarlet and Violet more entertaining than Sword and Shield. The map is huge (bigger than Legends too) and you can spend hours exploring and catching as well. There are also different storylines (3) which adds some freshness to the game. The story is really really good. Perhaps one of the best Pokemon stories . And unlike Legends Arceus, you have two DLCs to continue when you're done with the base game. One of the problems I experienced with Legends is that I got tired of it and never got back to it because there isn't much to do other than throw Poke balls left and right. 

I guess it's all a matter of preference and what you want out of a Pokémon game

I've finished Legends multiple times, but haven't once finished Violet 

• ATRL Moderator

Luigi's Mansion 3: 86

Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker: 82

Paper Mario: The Origami King: 80

Yoshi's Crafted World: 79

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: 76

WarioWare: Move It: 75

Princess Peach: Showtime!: 74

Princess Peach debuts LOWEST metascore for Mario spin-off games. Why?

princess-daisy-mario.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Luigi's Mansion 3: 86

Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker: 82

Paper Mario: The Origami King: 80

Yoshi's Crafted World: 79

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: 76

WarioWare: Move It: 75

Princess Peach: Showtime!: 74

Princess Peach debuts LOWEST metascore for Mario spin-off games. Why?

princess-daisy-mario.gif

misogyny

tumblr_nh1dr9fChU1qi1lfko1_400.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 3/22/2024 at 12:53 PM, gagacasanova said:

I'm sure I'll warm up to the VA, just a bit off to Me :laugh: I already cleared the first floor and have more wardrobe changes than Taylor Swift at the Eras Tour :smiley:

Oh the VA is the same! :D she just did like a different direction. I just beat the game and girl...the final level was SO GOOD

• Like 1

I hate these damn Patisserie levels...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gagacasanova said:

I hate these damn Patisserie levels...

Same, bestie, same.  I can't mix cookies fast enough and I'm having the same problems in the Figure Skating levels.  (I'm not always hitting my marks). :rip:

Dashing Thief Peach is a surprise, definitely wasn't expecting that transformation to be so much fun.  

• Like 1

ok girls i 100% Princess Peach Showtime yesterday...whew kind of a slay...

I also learned that the director of this game is the director of the Goemon mystical ninja series and I totally got what the game is. I also enjoyed this game a lot more than I thought I would. I think I went in with low expectations just given what it looked like we were getting. I was pleasantly surprised with how charming and actually kind of challenging at times it could be. Trying to collect all the stuff was hard but really rewarding because it made me re-explore the worlds in ways I hadn't before and it made me appreciate all the fun little things the devs threw into it. I think this game just knows exactly what it is and does it really well. I hope it gets a sequel!

• Like 1

:dies: Peach game is fun 

• Like 1

i'm in da basement saving all da sparkles

i need to go back and get all dem jewels , demonio patisserie levels lol

da cake decorating stage always gets me ... i'm not quick enough to even attempt da final cake 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Rehearsals need to be patched, I can't get the gold rewards. :rip:  I've only completed Sword Fighter, came close in Kung Fu, but Dashing Thief I keep flopping on.  

I wasn't expecting the general consensus to be a solid 7-8 game, which is a very fair rating for Showtime!.  It's a fun, cozy game and I wouldn't mind a sequel.  Super Princess Peach can forever rot now.  

Edited by PopMusicJunkie

On 3/23/2024 at 6:47 PM, artc0cx said:

Tried the princess peach demo, its fine but i'm not gonna spend 60 bucks in a 6h lenght game.

This type of games isn't supposed to be played straight-line (don't know if it's the right expression in english lmao). From what I have read it takes around 20 hours to 100% complete it.

I have been playing for around 4-5 hours and while it's obviously an easy game designed to be accessible for the youngest players like a Kirby game or even Yoshi, it is objectively much better. It honestly has many qualities. The gameplay is simple but efficient and fun. The music is incredible, the animations are so fun. The levels are intesrting with some really cool and cute ideas. The gameplay with the transformations is simple too but great. The bosses are surprisingly great and some hidden collectibles are not easy to find.

I found the game for 30€ so I understand why you'd not put $60 in it. Though it's not THAT short and it deserves a chance, it's a fun game.

• Like 1

i love PEACH game,  keep pressed

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 3/26/2024 at 6:52 PM, Erreur2 La Nature said:

This type of games isn't supposed to be played straight-line (don't know if it's the right expression in english lmao). From what I have read it takes around 20 hours to 100% complete it.

I have been playing for around 4-5 hours and while it's obviously an easy game designed to be accessible for the youngest players like a Kirby game or even Yoshi, it is objectively much better. It honestly has many qualities. The gameplay is simple but efficient and fun. The music is incredible, the animations are so fun. The levels are intesrting with some really cool and cute ideas. The gameplay with the transformations is simple too but great. The bosses are surprisingly great and some hidden collectibles are not easy to find.

I found the game for 30€ so I understand why you'd not put $60 in it. Though it's not THAT short and it deserves a chance, it's a fun game.

Maybe the video I saw was a speedrun or something because it was only 6 hours, same thing happened with South Park's new game i saw a video titled "complete game" and it was only 6 hours :deadbanana4:. I liked the Peach demo, I'll see if I get it if it gets a discount.

Guys, I need some advice: is Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition good for someone who has never played any game of the franchise?

I need a new game after finishing TOTK a few months ago, but after that masterpiece I am struggling to find anything interesting. XCDE seems nice and it's currently on sale in the Nintendo eshop

6 minutes ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

Guys, I need some advice: is Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition good for someone who has never played any game of the franchise?

I need a new game after finishing TOTK a few months ago, but after that masterpiece I am struggling to find anything interesting. XCDE seems nice and it's currently on sale in the Nintendo eshop

I was literally coming here to say how bad I need some news on a new xenoblade game fghjklkj

Yes, XC1:DE is literally the start of the trilogy (so it makes sense to start with that one) and it has the most simple battle systems out of all three games. Get your life sis, take it

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

I think a lot of people here will say play XC2, but the XC subreddit specifically hates it. Must be a gay thing :dies:

XC1 bored me, & XC3 was too try hard of a story, but i enjoyed the gameplay.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, D.Va said:

I was literally coming here to say how bad I need some news on a new xenoblade game fghjklkj

Yes, XC1:DE is literally the start of the trilogy (so it makes sense to start with that one) and it has the most simple battle systems out of all three games. Get your life sis, take it

5 hours ago, Magickarp said:

I think a lot of people here will say play XC2, but the XC subreddit specifically hates it. Must be a gay thing :dies:

XC1 bored me, & XC3 was too try hard of a story, but i enjoyed the gameplay.

Thank you both! It seems I might be getting it then - I tried to start a new gameplay in Pokemon Violet, but even with some of my fav mons in my team (which were not available when I played scarlet upon release) it seems the game simply not doing it for me

14 minutes ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

Thank you both! It seems I might be getting it then - I tried to start a new gameplay in Pokemon Violet, but even with some of my fav mons in my team (which were not available when I played scarlet upon release) it seems the game simply not doing it for me

Play the best Pokemon game Legends Arceus :gaycat1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.