Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

so what do u think we gettin in this direct?

10 minutes ago, dabunique said:

3D Mario

Metroid Prime 4

Pikmin 4

Scarlet Violet DLC

Tears Of The Kingdom

Octopath Traveler 2

In order of most unlikely to basically confirmed :matty: I hope we get the Fire Emblem game the 3H team has been working on, considering Engage was made by a diff team, & completed in 2021, but it's a bit unrealistic to have 2 FE games in 1 year. Idc for Pikmin, but i think she'll be delayed.

45 minutes ago, dabunique said:

- Tears of the Kingdom

- Octopath Traveler 2

- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe

- Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon

- Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection

- Advance Wars (finally releasing soon)

- Hollow Knight: Silksong

- Splatoon 3 DLC

- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC

- Fire Emblem Engage DLC

- New Mario movie trailer

- Pikmin 4

- New Mario game

- Donkey Kong

- Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD

Edited by Rence

2 hours ago, Rence said:

- Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection

There's nothing left to say about this. It's probably going to appear in one of those quick recaps with the brand-new releases of the following months.

also I'm sad Europe isn't getting a physical edition, but lucky for us, Mega Man games are discounted on eshop all the time lol so I'll probably wait till they discount it (or till I find some discounted download code to buy :fan:). No way I'm spending 60€ on a digital game. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

• ATRL Moderator

Switch U coming for 13M :fan:

• ATRL Moderator

Speaking of sales, @Eternium, when is the next time we'll get updated software sales that include downloads? I want to make a thread but want up-to-date numbers.

26 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Speaking of sales, @Eternium, when is the next time we'll get updated software sales that include downloads? I want to make a thread but want up-to-date numbers.

I think they usually release their financials in March. 

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

It’ll be here on Tuesday. Did you see how bad Sony’s financial results were? Nintendo is about to have their last true stomp :jonny5: 

18 hours ago, Attitude said:

Direct is probably coming next week. They probably want to air a Tears of the Kingdom commercial during the Super Bowl. 

One of the only reasons I was planning on watching. Breath of the Wild was so hype.

10 hours ago, dabunique said:

Pikmin 4, Donkey Kong, Tooka-Laylee, Mario Baseball, 2D Mario, Pokken 2, Scarlet/Violet DLC, Silksong, Metroid Prime 4.

I need release date of that gorgeous Mickey Mouse game ! :eli::heart2:

4 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Switch U coming for 13M :fan:

This made me realize that a Switch 2 might flop

I mean they can keep the concept but they'll have to entirely rebrand and ditch the "switch" or it's marketing suicide again.

They need to keep the "Nintendo" at all cost and emphasize on it like the "64" and "Switch" so it can appear clearly on the name, logo and packaging. Something like the GameCube, Wii and Wii U where "nintendo" took a backseat isn't goin to cut it anymore. It's just bad marketing

At this point in time the geepee think of "nintendo" like they think of "playstation"/"xbox" and not like "sony"/"microsoft". It's a "series" brand, not a company.

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

At this point in time the geepee think of "nintendo" like they think of "playstation"/"xbox" and not like "sony"/"microsoft". It's a "series" brand, not a company.

Interesting. So follow up: if you think the GP sees Nintendo as synonymous with PS/XBOX, then what about the Nintendo Switch 2 would be a problem? I ask because obviously PlayStation just adds a number and everyone knows it's a new console, it's marketed as new, it sells well, etc. Can Nintendo not jump on that model as long as the marketing for it makes it clear it's not just a Switch redesign but a fully new console?

Nintendo should stop being quirky and just name their next console the Switch 2. Portability is one of the main reasons why Switch is very successful so they won’t probably drop that feature and Switch name for the next console. 

We’ve learned from WiiU, Xbox Series S and Series X that weird names would just confuse the general consumer cause they’d assume those are just revisions from previous consoles. :coffee2:

I feel like Feb Direct will be the last most exciting one for a long while since TOTK will have been released by the time next Direct comes out (usually late Jun/early July) and Nintendo is winding down to focus on next gen.

Edited by Kirby Kirbs

If there’s still no Metroid Prime Remake at this Direct :deadbanana: 

10 hours ago, Kirby Kirbs said:

I feel like Feb Direct will be the last most exciting one for a long while since TOTK will have been released by the time next Direct comes out (usually late Jun/early July) and Nintendo is winding down to focus on next gen.

I feel like they will do a full TOTK direct at some point though similar to the XC3 one for example. I don’t know why, but we basically know nothing and I don’t think we’ll get more than a trailer in the Feb direct 

1 minute ago, youreyesgocold said:

I feel like they will do a full TOTK direct at some point though similar to the XC3 one for example. I don’t know why, but we basically know nothing and I don’t think we’ll get more than a trailer in the Feb direct 

yeah it's still too early, even for a trailer

but as mentioned above nintendo may want to reproduce the BOTW superbowl commercial so If there is direct coming next week it's 100% sure there will be a TOKT trailer of some sort.

the zelda direct ain't coming until April.

Speaking of Superbowl, maybe there will be something new for the Mario movie lmao

7 hours ago, DanceFreak said:

so how much did bayo 3 sold?

xaVQgLN.gif

Not sure, but she snatched my coins and I got bored and stopped playing by ch3, so at play time per dollar she must have made a KILLING.

spacer.png

I appreciate Nintendo continuing to fund her but I feel like her games have gotten progressively worse OOP - Bayo > Bayo 2 >>> Bayo 3 >>>>>>>>>>>> That 2D Indie spin off game available for preorder (probably)

Nate confirmed a Direct is happening this week 

And if they still don’t announce Prime :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.