Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

Finished Chapter 4

i love me some Vivian

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Need @Eternium to give us an update on where the Switch will end up on the list of all-time best selling consoles :matty:

Since they're not here yet

As of March 31, 2024:

1. PlayStation 2 - 155-160 million
  2. DS - 154.02 million
  3. Switch - 141.32 million
  4. Game Boy - 118.69 million
  5. PlayStation 4 - 117.2 million
  • Switch sold 15.7 million last fiscal year and Nintendo forecasted that it will sell 13.5 million this year
  • It has never gotten an official price drop yet
  • Previous gen consoles continue to sell a few million after their predecessors have been released

There's a good chance it will overtake the PS2 in 2-3 years:foxaylove3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rence said:

Since they're not here yet

As of March 31, 2024:

1. PlayStation 2 - 155-160 million
  2. DS - 154.02 million
  3. Switch - 141.32 million
  4. Game Boy - 118.69 million
  5. PlayStation 4 - 117.2 million
  • Switch sold 15.7 million last fiscal year and Nintendo forecasted that it will sell 13.5 million this year
  • It has never gotten an official price drop yet
  • Previous gen consoles continue to sell a few million after their predecessors have been released

There's a good chance it will overtake the PS2 in 2-3 years:foxaylove3:

King switch is coming for sony as soon as holiday  2025, and Lifetime 165-170 million

I'm thorn between buying Fire Emblem Engage, Three Hopes or Triangle Strategy.

Which one would you recommend? :suburban:

1 hour ago, Littlejfrey said:

Two coughing babies vs one hydrogen bomb

:suburban:

Just finished TTYD and it's a timeless masterpiece I fear :jonny5: Vivian you will always be famous :jonny5:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rence said:

Just finished TTYD and it's a timeless masterpiece I fear :jonny5: Vivian you will always be famous :jonny5:

I'm at chapter 4 and I don't want it to end :jonnycat: this is my first time playing through it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Littlejfrey said:

Triangle 

It has FE's chess like combat style, but a far better plot:suburban:if u like 3 Houses, u'll like TS. Also play the free demo, & see for yourself :lakitu:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Littlejfrey said:

I'm on Chapter X of Triangle Strategy and loving it. Every single unit has a very distinct playstyle, so it's very fun to be strategic and choose your party based on the conditions of each battle. The story is excellent so far. Truly grand and bold (the number of people they kill off :skull:) but still easy to follow. Not sure how it will end, but it's great so far!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I'm on Chapter X of Triangle Strategy and loving it. Every single unit has a very distinct playstyle, so it's very fun to be strategic and choose your party based on the conditions of each battle. The story is excellent so far. Truly grand and bold (the number of people they kill off :skull:) but still easy to follow. Not sure how it will end, but it's great so far!

Wait till u unlock the many route split & conviction point specific units :jonnycat:  

You also won't be able to fully upgrade everyone until your 2nd playthrough iirc, so the 2nd playthrough is even more strategic when everyone gets their full moveset. 

And that's why Nintendo won this gen. I'm still shocked they spent 315M on Spiderman 2's development :rip:

• Like 3

My T10 rn, i feel like some of them dropped due to their sequels. Thank god i nvr played Engage, cuz Octopath fell from being = FE3H :rip: Weird XC3 didn't knock down my impression of XC2 tho :matty: I'd argue it made me appreciate it more. Maybe due to XC2 being quite different from XC3, whereas Octopath is samey. Rex coming back a stud in the DLC definitely helped too :smitten: 

1. PLA = BOTW

3. FE3H = Triangle

5. Portal = NieR

7. XC2 = Octopath

9. Hades

10. Firewatch

He said everyone forgot about Firewatch, & it's kinda trew. I rarely see it recommended, & forgot I played it, & loved it. Left it out of all my T10 lists these years. 

I enjoy Paper Mario a lot! :ryan3:

It's very pretty and quirky. I like the badges too

21 hours ago, Rence said:

Two coughing babies vs one hydrogen bomb

:suburban:

What does this means? :suburban:

• Like 1

...as expected, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door has managed to beat the competition to take the top spot with a total of 115,649 copies shifted.

Not only that, but the game has also beaten Paper Mario: The Origami King by 6,557, which managed a total of 109,092 when it debuted back in July 2020. It's a sizable achievement for the GameCube remake considering how much digital sales have grown in popularity in recent years (the Japanese charts only take boxed sales into account).

:gaycatina1:

I'm finally completing the Indigo Disk DLC. I'm at the part with Terapagos and for the longest time I couldn't figure out why Area Zero creeped me TF out as much as it does, and it's because it reminds me of Made In Abyss:deadbanana4:

this could be us Nintendo, but you playing...

ximage.jpeg.f78a3e5e5ef660a18bf659279bc04e09.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.MTI3Vbdilz.webpximage.jpeg.037018c2446999633383eb4ee7f0181c.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.wQhTvn9XPl.webpximage.jpeg.82bb96a840a52543d67118874b25ab99.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.nWTuTlC5vQ.webpximage.jpeg.9af8b2eaf4a2856022d117e073c8908e.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.pkPoBKdc_Y.webpximage.jpeg.9534c99421a1c2ca1fbe5ba3f607442f.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.APe5llVSyQ.webp

• Like 2

Picked up thousand year door yesterday, first time ever playing it! Couldn't really get super into it, and then my switch died while I was in the first castle :rip:

so far it's lovely, I love the visual effects! 

Finished TTYD :weeps: amazing game, now I don't know what I'll play, maybe ill finish it a 100% 

Spoiler

I still need to beat prince mush

• Like 1

I still barely finished the first castle :rip: When will I be able to go back to the first town to buy new badges>?

9 hours ago, Kern said:

I still barely finished the first castle :rip: When will I be able to go back to the first town to buy new badges>?

You have to go back to town after getting the star at Hooktail's Castle, so not too far after. You will also be able to unlock fast travel to previous towns after you get the companion for the 2nd town (the forest).

I'm fighting the final boss in TTYD now and... WOW what a final boss!!! I've died once already nn which is kinda refreshing. I think I'll try to complete as many things as possible now before I go ahead and beat the final boss, though I'm not sure if I'll 100% the whole game. Kinda shook I've put in so many hours, only felt like 10 or so with how much fun I've been having :jonny5:

• Like 3

Hopefully we get a Direct next week! :duca:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Finished Triangle Strategy

spacer.png

It's really too bad they frontload the story so that in the first few hours, you only do one battle and sit through pages and pages of dialogue. I'm sure a lot of people are turned off by that. But the story and combat are both excellent the farther you go.

• Like 1

Nintendo better give us Twilight Princess!!:jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.