Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

2 minutes ago, Starshine said:

The gameplay is innovative and Ninty is pretty much unmatched in that aspect by none other than Valve, other IPs are chasing graphics and storytelling while serving the opposite. Tho I feel like Zelda is starting losing its identity and becoming too Garry's Mod for my liking. :rip: Build this, Minecraft this, mod that. They saw how people were creative with BOTW and decided to expand on that, the "84 things you didn't know you could do in ToTK" and viral videos are basically free marketing for them. Personally I was fine with how simple the mechanics were in BOTW. Not sure if things will be more overwhelming and I already hate crafting :skull: .. they really needed to work on the barebones atmosphere of the game, the story, the graphics, the lack of characters that's been in need of improvement (and still doesn't look like they were addressed). Also turn the difficulty up a notch because all of that weapon fusing.. like is it worth all that for Bakoblins with no XP. :priceless:

Idk what's with the marketing, secrecy.. less than 2 months left and they're still giving BOTW payola on Twitter like I know they're trying to avoid spoilers and prob let the GP, rave reviews, viral creative videos do it for them. But from the surface level as a consumer who's iffy about spending $70, it does look like the same game. :deadbanana:

I feel very similarly. And not that we can compare to a game Nintendo really did just phone in but … we saw how crafting etc worked out with Animal Crossing. Taking a wonderful franchise, stripping its charm and adding breakable stuff and crafting :lmao: At least BOTW had that anyway but it seems like Nintendo is (once again) focusing on the wrong things.

I agree completely about Nintendo seeing those videos and thinking that’s what we want. I honestly didn’t care for making crazy inventions but I liked that the option was there. I think I’ll still like it but as a sequel I’ll be disappointed if it doesn’t push the game in the right directions. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

Umm I didn't mind the stamina to climb at all. It was a challenge to get to certain places and at end game with special sets and the full stamina bar + the whole map unlocked you basically dont even use stamina. I just HATED the damn rain :irate:

With Zonai finally being confirmed for this game we can assume that the new abilities are linked to it

Sheikah slate and runes are now replaced with the Zonai arm and its abilities. Does this mean we can play as Zelda cause she has the slate at the start of the game? :clownny:

@Starshine has been SPILLING, i don't agree with 100% but yeah the Fuse mechanic as a whole looks like Easy Mode, & and I hate crafting too :rip: 

14 minutes ago, Rence said:

Does this mean we can play as Zelda cause she has the slate at the start of the game? :clownny:

Careful, the Zelda stans are gonna call delusional & greedy u for expecting too much from them

ventihi.thumb.gif.46edd978aecd1fb6027d7a

10 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Seriously. When the video started and we saw Link in the BotW Hyrule, with the BotW UI, and the BotW sounds in the back, I felt nervous :redface:

I'm just really glad I played BotW at launch so that at least the surface won't feel *too* familiar for me :deadbanana:

Remember when HFW trailers were coming out the the BOTW stans kept calling it HZD 1.5? (even though the trailers themselves already changed far more than whatever BOTW: TOTK Expansion pass has :rip:) But now they want us to wait for the full game before making assumptions? 

13 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

@Starshine has been SPILLING, i don't agree with 100% but yeah the Fuse mechanic as a whole looks like Easy Mode, & and I hate crafting too :rip: 

Careful, the Zelda stans are gonna call delusional & greedy u for expecting too much from them

I will switch like a ****** and retract my statements when I discover underwater and underground exploration on May 12th. :WAP:

On 3/27/2023 at 7:28 PM, Attitude said:

Got what I needed from the eShop. 

hero

flawless taste :clap3:

Someone pointed out that the Ascend icon was greyed out when Link was falling from the sky. The color went back when Link was underwater but then it greyed out again when he was on the water’s surface. :eli:

Anyways, the main problem here isn’t the content (they only showed the Zonai abilities which could be 5% of the entire game the same way the Sheikah runes were in BOTW). The problem is Nintendo’s decision to keep everything secret even though there’s only 44 days left until release. A 30 minute Direct that highlights many features would ease everyone’s worries about this game but Nintendo chose to be mysterious as **** for some reason :rip:

13 minutes ago, Rence said:

Someone pointed out that the Ascend icon was greyed out when Link was falling from the sky. The color went back when Link was underwater but then it greyed out again when he was on the water’s surface. :eli:

Anyways, the main problem here isn’t the content (they only showed the Zonai abilities which could be 5% of the entire game the same way the Sheikah runes were in BOTW). The problem is Nintendo’s decision to keep everything secret even though there’s only 44 days left until release. A 30 minute Direct that highlights many features would ease everyone’s worries about this game but Nintendo chose to be mysterious as **** for some reason :rip:

Stoppppp :jonny5: not to mention when he was Ascending through the cave, he literally pulled out a swimming animation :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Stoppppp :jonny5: not to mention when he was Ascending through the cave, he literally pulled out a swimming animation :jonny5:

Underwater is kind of a reach but I want to be delulu for now :eli:

My speculation is that Ascend was added as an ability so Link can easily return to the overworld if the underground area exists :clownny:

This gameplay was definitely to sell the special edition OLED. I have full fate in the end product, and going off on the artbook, they haven't even revealed the barest minimum. I definitely think a cinematic trailer is coming sometime next month.

10 hours ago, Starshine said:

I'm still howling at the ascend thing. So the solution to mountain climbing... is going inside a cave to glitch through walls like a Pokemon Sword bug. :bibliahh:

I didn't know people had such an issue with climbing to implement something so lazy. :deadbanana4:

My overall wish for the game is just a different tone if they're going to reuse assets. Different weather, color scheme, etc.

:rip: IKR.

For me, I really enjoyed the scenery when climbing, and the mystery of what was at the top of a cliff is what made it all the more fun, so I'm not sure if I like the idea of ascend being so instant and bypassing all that. Although, there has to be a cave in order to use the ascend function, so maybe it won't be so easy after all.

Fusion was cute but now show me why I want to dive back into hyrule. I need new story, tone, environments, lore, music, characters... Just like Majora's Mask. If its just an expansion of the sandbox with very little in the way of new vibes, I may pass on this until the Switch 2 arrives...

New enemy art via the Zelda JP twitter :eek:

FsXliTLaEAIqVgm?format=jpg&name=large

12 hours ago, Doogle said:

Because what they pulled off with MM was an absolute marvel. And I didn’t play them as a kid so this isn’t nostalgia speaking. 

In a short time with mostly reused assets we got an incredible story and vastly different tone. Sure, we don’t know the story here yet. But instantly MM provides you with a very different experience. It feels like a sequel with the same assets on the same engine but everything is used differently and has its own music etc. My issue from this sneak peak (which granted didn’t show much) is how everything feels a bit too similar. I’ll wait and see otherwise because the world will be a bit different but they have to really justify this being new, 6 years wait and expensive. 

I'm sure TOTK will have its own music and and a different tone. Again, none of us have played the game yet and all we've seen is 10 mins of the beginning of the game. Just wait and see.

I never made it that far in BOTW. I found the game really boring and the open world too bare/sparse to be enjoyable. Finding shrines and things to do felt more like a chore than anything :rip:However, what I like about TOTK so far is that they seem to have expanded upon the map. I'm tempted to get the game even if it looks like glorified DLC.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Otter said:

Fusion was cute but now show me why I want to dive back into hyrule.

I'm currently playing Metroid Fusion, so this post threw me for a second spacer.png

Anyway, if TotK doesn't do it for you, I recommend playing Metroid Fusion instead.

oh da second wave of Mario games r on sale on da eshop

Odyssey

Mario Bros U

Mario Kart

Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury

all for 39.99

21 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I'm currently playing Metroid Fusion, so this post threw me for a second spacer.png

Anyway, if TotK doesn't do it for you, I recommend playing Metroid Fusion instead.

I'll be playing Prime remastered actually :giraffe:

Followed Pikmin 4 & FFXVI

8 hours ago, Rence said:

I really don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about.

They know they had a high bar to reach with this game and I do not think they would be releasing it if they didn’t feel they had met such expectations.

I think they are keeping things under wrap because they want people to enjoy the game as blindly as they can. I really don’t think there’s anything more to it.

Yeah, the secrecy thing is directly correlated to what another user said about the gameplay videos being the advertising for the game itself. They want people to go in blind so the social media sharing will be off the hook.

Edited by Poxy

It's clear that Ascend has more than 1 skill than just passing through ceilings. Fast traveling to the surface of a body of water makes sense. Aonuma said it himself, there's many ways to use those 4 new mechanics. I noticed he was very careful with his words in the video.

Recall seems to have absorbed Stasis as one of it's many skills .

Ultrahand has absorbed Magnesis, except now it's not just metal that you can handle around.

The 2 runes that we probably won't see back in TOTK are Cryonis and Bombs. 

Cryonis won't be missed (although it was very useful to speed through a body of water when you can't be bothered with a raft) but Bombs will be missed. :chick3:Windbombing is my main way of travel in my current playthrough. It's so fun.

where is Donkey Kong new 3D aventure,  Nintendo is fuc.king lazy :rip:

Considering there's a food shortcut now, i hope they make u have an eating animation during combat, rather than pausing time to heal. 

Also, cool thread. I like the idea that we've only been shown the TOTK Great Plateau, & that the big building will be our first Dungeon combining BOTW's 4 Shrines into 1 Dungeon :jonny5:

Playable Zelda CONFIRMED

Underwater CONFIRMED

Dungeons CONFIRMED

Link Sidon discreet underwater romance options CONFIRMED

:jonny5:

11 hours ago, znake said:

where is Donkey Kong new 3D aventure,  Nintendo is fuc.king lazy :rip:

i want this too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.