RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Jinkx has the best drag queen music :jonny: 

OT: 14 > 12 >> 11 > 13 >> 10

s10 had a lot of challenges I didn't care for

Edited by Dragonfly

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

14 >> 12 >> 10 >>>> 11 >>>>>>> 13

While I agree that S12 had a better level of drag overall, S14's cast remains the superior and more enjoyable one IMO.

the consensus of S13/S11 being the worst, loves it :jonny5:

some of it comes down to the narrative of each queen, most of the cast of S11/S13 were literally on life support waiting to be chopped. Producers didn't know what to do with most of them, with S12/14/10 (outside Kameron), there were narratives going on for at least the Top 8, so it didn't get boring towards the end which S11/S13 suffered from. 

Edited by OreGuy

5 minutes ago, Nikko said:

so Monet confirmed there'll be a reunion for AS7 on the latest watchery :gaycat2:

I'm sure WOW would never allow it, at least until the queens are under contract and especially considering a few of them already threatened to spill bts tea.

S13 is absolute garbage I stopped watching after 4 episodes. What a terrible group of queens.

10 >> 14 > 11 >>>>> 12 > 13

10 had a great cast, pretty gag-free in terms of the competition, and good drama between the girls. Super solid drag and some really standout superstars.

14 is only where it is because of the stellar cast. The non-elimination episodes, chocolate twist and five queen finale really were the pits but I'm ignoring that best I can. 

11 was a better season in terms of flow than 14, but Silky and the Vangie payola really dragged it down NGL.

12 has possibly the worst cast of any of these seasons and I struggle to think of many standout moments.

13 had a better cast than 12 but the riggory was so brutal. 

The only two good things that came out of S13 were the 100% Pure Love lipsync and Symone. That's it.

3 minutes ago, ?????? said:

The only two good things that came out of S13 were the 100% Pure Love lipsync and Symone. That's it.

And Utica’s ball design. Agree.

5 minutes ago, Draper. said:

And Utica’s ball design. Agree.

Still infuriating that she lost that. Production really didn't see it for her.

Just now, Body Talk said:

Still infuriating that she lost that. Production really didn't see it for her.

But they do see it for queens that wear Utica’s creations. Meh. 

S11 and S13 are at the bottom of the barrel because they did not try to hide de payola whatsoever. The riggory was so in the nose that is leaves a sour taste

People forgetting the massive Gigi Goode payola in S12 :rip:  

Jackie Cox being a top 4 queen :skull:

The season is unwatchable with how boring it was + the blatant payola + the disjointed edit. 

S13 is still worse though. 

13 had the unfortunate timing of airing alongside a top 5 season of the entire franchise (UK2) and the absolute terrible decision to take a week off for a Covid special that made it drag and made it feel worse than it was at the time. 

Cast: 14 > 10 > 11 > 12 > 13

Runways: 13 > 10 > 11 > 12 > 14

Lipsyncs: 13 > 11 > 10 > 12 > 14

Drama: 11 > 10 > 13 > 14 > 12

Challenges: 14 > 13 > 12 > 10 > 11

Finalists: 11 > 10 > 12 > 13 > 14

Winner: 13 > 12 > 10 > 11 > 14

14 has the worst runways, lipsyncs, most unmemorable winner by far and hardly any good drama that I just don't see the appeal at all other than having a really likeable cast. 2 of the biggest stars of the season (Kerri & Kornbread) going out so early makes it way less iconic. Lipsyncs, runways, and drama have always been the most important aspect of the show to me and 13 outsells in all 3 categories by such a huge margin. 

Symone being the most iconic winner of the VH1 era bumps it up a lot for me. Nailing the ending is really important and something Drag Race almost always flops at but I think Symone and Jaida have the most satisfying winner arc/narrative since probably Bob or Bianca. 12 is just too boring, edited horrible because of SP, and you can tell Jaida wasn't the original winner choice when editing the majority of the season even though she should've been. I can't at you girls saying the S11 and 13 payola was deep when it was MUCH worse in 12. Sherry, Gigi, AND Crystal were all pushed way harder than Goatmilk and Kandy. 

1 hour ago, EriKills said:

People forgetting the massive Gigi Goode payola in S12 :rip:  

Jackie Cox being a top 4 queen :skull:

The season is unwatchable with how boring it was + the blatant payola + the disjointed edit. 

S13 is still worse though. 

As she should :clap3:smart queen:clap3:

I liked S10 a lot when it was airing but I have never once wanted to rewatch it. The last couple of episodes of S10 are a franchise low, including the worst finale of all time (yes, it is even worse than the S12 and 13 finales). Kills any replay value for me.

Also a lot of the challenges were whack af. I didn't even clock it at the time because I was so enamored with the cast.

• ATRL Moderator

I stop watching a lot of the seasons after one of the queens leaves who I feel like was holding the season together.

S10 after Monet left

S11 after Ra'Jah left

Watched S12 all the way through because that queen was Jaida for me

S13 after Lala left

Watched S14 all the way through because those queens were Camden and Angeria for me.  

S13 on paper is honestly very good.

- Great/deserving winner 

- Some great lip syncs 

- Big budget looks 

- Actual fights 

The issue was the season being overproduced

49 minutes ago, Subomie said:

I liked S10 a lot when it was airing but I have never once wanted to rewatch it. The last couple of episodes of S10 are a franchise low, including the worst finale of all time (yes, it is even worse than the S12 and 13 finales). Kills any replay value for me.

Also a lot of the challenges were whack af. I didn't even clock it at the time because I was so enamored with the cast.

Yeah S10 honestly dies when Mo Heart leaves. All the drama with Vixen goes on a bit too long, Asia lowkey stumbles her way through the season, Monet isn’t in her final form yet, Kameron is boring, Eureka is annoying, the challenges are a mess, then Aquaria is carried during LSFTC.

The fact that Mo Heart was SO robbed in S10 is a MESS

She should've won EP1 with her cards outfit & EP5 with ha iconiqué improv character

:biblio:

1 minute ago, LastKiss said:

The fact that Mo Heart was SO robbed in S10 is a MESS

She should've won EP1 with her cards outfit & EP5 with ha iconiqué improv character

:biblio:

Robbed of a win (or even a ******* high!?) in episode 1, robbed of a win in episode 5, unfairly low in episode 2, unfairly in the bottom in episode 7...

And she was consistently the best of the safe girls in every other episode too. They really squandered her on S10 so that they could hand out some payola'd HIGHs and WINs to the likes of Cracker, Eureka and... *checks notes* BLAIR!?

Eugh.

10 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I'm sure WOW would never allow it, at least until the queens are under contract and especially considering a few of them already threatened to spill bts tea.

I mean the AS7 girls have been pretty loose lipped all season so now that it is fully over, I doubt WOW has much power over them. They also aren't going to want to be suing their top talent anyways or they'll never get another All Winners season ever again.

Can we talk about how THEE VIXEN is THAT girl and would BODY an all star season.

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.