RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

!!! I couldn't get through Holland.

I just dont see why these girls cant be FLOWN here to compete if they match the level of frag Ru and WOW are searching for.

We're stuck with Joey Jay when we can have Art Symone or Pagina on our tv's? 

Eh the favouritism for the US girls would be worse than just having the international seasons. 

I think some of y’all forget that people actually live in the countries the seasons are in and they’re not necessarily made with the American audience in mind :rip:

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

Eh the favouritism for the US girls would be worse than just having the international seasons. 

I think some of y’all forget that people actually live in the countries the seasons are in and they’re not necessarily made with the American audience in mind :rip:

This is true!!!! I know there are cultural differences, but I also feel like almost all the girls who would audition are girls who are fans of the show and have watched for seasons on end. Good is good and great is outstanding, so Carmen and Pangina would have done well.

The riggamorris would be an issue though, Lineysha Sparx deserved better.

4 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Rosé's reaction to Symone winning will never stop being funny to me :dies:

Everyone’s reaction to Elliott always sends me, especially Mik’s :ahh: 

53 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

I just dont see why these girls cant be FLOWN here to compete if they match the level of frag Ru and WOW are searching for.

We're stuck with Joey Jay when we can have Art Symone or Pagina on our tv's? 

Getting visas for the US is incredibly hard, specially when it's for work

24 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

This is true!!!! I know there are cultural differences, but I also feel like almost all the girls who would audition are girls who are fans of the show and have watched for seasons on end. Good is good and great is outstanding, so Carmen and Pangina would have done well.

The riggamorris would be an issue though, Lineysha Sparx deserved better.

Carmen Farala doesn't speak English so she could not compete in the US.  Pangina could potentially show up in an US All Stars season seeing she's been touring in the US for the last couple of months

Some of the takes whenever a new spin-off of Drag Race is announced absolutely baffles me. You aren't obliged to watch them. These spin-offs are made for the countries they're marketed to. Brazilians and Mexicans fans have been beggging for YEARS for their own shows, so asking stuff like "who asked for this?" or "we didn't need this" is incredibly silly. It's not for you, Mary. I'm not watching Canada, France, Italia, Down Under, Holland and other spinoffs but I'm happy for the gays who can see their local queens get an opportunity to shine 

5 minutes ago, xrosup said:

Some of the takes whenever a new spin-off of Drag Race is announced absolutely baffles me. You aren't obliged to watch them. These spin-offs are made for the countries they're marketed to. Brazilians and Mexicans fans have been beggging for YEARS for their own shows, so asking stuff like "who asked for this?" or "we didn't need this" is incredibly silly. It's not for you, Mary. I'm not watching Canada, France, Italia, Down Under, Holland and other spinoffs but I'm happy for the gays who can see their local queens get an opportunity to shine 

Really well said :clap3:

Drag Race Mexico and Brazil :clap3:

Finally the world is gonna see true latino talent on their tvs 

I thought Valentina could speak spanish

Anyway I think it's great that there multiple international versions, they are specifically made for a more local audience. US/UK are mostly the ones with the bigger wide appeal, but that doesn't mean the others are failures.

Spain's is a success imo, people follow it here, always trends, the chanel that bought the rights probably saw the most paid subscribers from the show and the contestants have been on tv and on their own post season tour. I think as a result of it more and more drag bars/shows are appearing while it wasn't as much of a thing before where the queens can actually earn some money.

Mexico/Brazil are for sure going to be big and successful too. You could potentially get a true "All Stars" type of season with hispanic/latino girls since theri language, music, humor and cultures are more related in sync

Edited by Cloudy

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, xrosup said:

I'm not watching Canada, France, Italia, Down Under, Holland and other spinoffs but I'm happy for the gays who can see their local queens get an opportunity to shine 

You should make an exception and watch France :gaycat2: The whole season is great (after ep 1) but the latter half of the season has seriously been peak Drag Race.

• ATRL Moderator

It's not necessarily the amount of shows but the lack of organization and rhythm to some of the seasons that throws me off.. 

But for a US viewer, they're giving us All Stars, Secret Celebrity, and some country vs The World every year now.  The some country vs The World really throws me off because they have hosts, near-winners, early outs, it's such a confusing mix especially now that All Stars also has a confusing mix.  What's the difference other than foreign queens being able to attend?  What's the point in both of these shows existing in the same year?  Also, why does RuPaul judge some of the foreign series but not the others?  Why is Ru being green screened into Down Under but can't drive to Hamilton to do Canada?

I just wish for consistency.  Let Ru host US regular seasons, All-Stars, and turn the some country vs The World into an international AS series with exclusively foreign queens with Ru as host.  Give up hosting DU and UK to local queens, even if it's The Viv and Kita Mean for winning the inaugural seasons.  

The entitlement to complain about franchises that aren't for you 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611deb29f5aed750d406ee20a9eee3074606a482884&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

UK2 & ES1 are top tier seasons and easily top 10 drag race period. Holland produced one of the best winners ever, Thailand has the absolute best finale of any iteration ever, France just gave us one of the most emotional lipsyncs of all time, Canada stays serving messy iconic TV and Down Under/Italia are definitely shows that aired.

______ vs the World is pivotal BECAUSE it gives those foreign queens the opportunity to return. You see how fast these franchises can end. Thailand and Holland are both rumored to be cancelled after 2 seasons. Canada is hardly watched and could end at any time. With these smaller counties, it's no guarantee that they will make it to a season 4 & beyond to do an All Star season of their own. Queens like Blu and Cheryl aren't likely to get a call for a UK All Stars with 4 seasons worth of queens to cast for. Without Vs the World, there's no place for queens like Pangina or Janey to return. They legally couldn't have even filmed an AS with international queens the past 2 years because of border restrictions, let alone visa and tax complications. Having a Canada VTW coming up not only gives B-list Canada queens an opportunity to return but B-list queens from international seasons a second chance that they otherwise would never get, as well. 

RuPaul hosts UK and DU because they never would've been picked up as a series without the draw of a known celebrity. No channel is paying to produce an entire show fronted by queens like Art Simone, Courtney Act, or The Vivienne. They were trying to make UK happen for YEARS and it never would've gotten greenlit without Ru as the face of the show. 

I’m not shitting on these seasons, get your life especially viewers of those countries. Just stating I won’t watch it and following so called winners etc.

I just don’t think people should be ostracised for not knowing these other franchise queens :rip: I barely even watched All stars 6. 

3 hours ago, xrosup said:

Tell them!

Also, not people acting like someone is forcing them to watch all those international seasons. :rip: 

56 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Also, why does RuPaul judge some of the foreign series but not the others?  Why is Ru being green screened into Down Under but can't drive to Hamilton to do Canada?

Canadian laws prohibit foreigners from hosting a television show in Canada. So even if Ru wanted to host the show, she can't. 

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Canadian laws prohibit foreigners from hosting a television show in Canada. So even if Ru wanted to host the show, she can't. 

Regarding a future season (no elim spoilers)

I just assumed Ru was hosting Canada vs The World since she hosted UK vs The World, didn't realize it was Brooke Lynn until now.  What a mess, how is the Vs World series going to just have different hosts each season?  Serving Great Pottery Throw Down.  Also, how odd is it that Brooke Lynn will be judging queens who competed against her on her original season?

:rip: 

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

Regarding a future season (no elim spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

I just assumed Ru was hosting Canada vs The World since she hosted UK vs The World, didn't realize it was Brooke Lynn until now.  What a mess, how is the Vs World series going to just have different hosts each season?  Serving Great Pottery Throw Down.  Also, how odd is it that Brooke Lynn will be judging queens who competed against her on her original season?

:rip: 

There will probably be other versions of vs the world. Espana wants to do one. I wouldn't be surprised if France does one too. 

It doesn't matter if Brooke Lynn is hosting it. This kind of stuff happens a lot in drag pageantry. It'll be fine. 

• ATRL Moderator

Nicky Doll is an excellent reality competition show host and will do a great job on France v. The World someday, even though she'll surely be judging queens who made it farther in their original seasons than she did.

spacer.png

Edited by feelslikeadream

From some news outlets in Brazil, it seems that DRB will be a Paramount+ series, and even calling Grag Queen as a possible host.

The french vanilla fantasy I have for DRMX1 in my head.

E1 - "Amor A La Mexicana" https://youtu.be/QLooZ4GC0WU

E2 - "Duri Duri" https://youtu.be/oxTrUhTE9Dg

E3 - "Sexi Dance" https://youtu.be/U9YBd9WlXOE

E4 - "King Of Hearts" https://youtu.be/LI0Q0my8a64

E5 - "Mayores" https://youtu.be/GMFewiplIbw

E6 - "Si Una Vez" https://youtu.be/gPoOiGUqbcc

E7 - "Angel Baby" https://youtu.be/bu2dAQ3xb8s

E8 - "Olvidalo" https://youtu.be/-2IRnKi1las

E9 - "Eternamente" https://youtu.be/AIFxgfC0DrY

Finale - "Querida" https://youtu.be/JbqZTq-IYsM

Drag Race Mexique, appelez-moi !

ZzXaeXq.gif

1 hour ago, KaledKalil said:

From some news outlets in Brazil, it seems that DRB will be a Paramount+ series, and even calling Grag Queen as a possible host.

That would make sense! QOTU was on paramount plus where Grag Queen won. 

Bring em on, I WILL be watching all of these new franchises :clap3:

The way Bob FULLY ruined this week's AS7 Sibling Watchery by being in a **** mood bc she was hungry :rip: my god

I always think about this video when I see people complaining about a new franchise

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

The way Bob FULLY ruined this week's AS7 Sibling Watchery by being in a **** mood bc she was hungry :rip: my god

Because Monet said this once you think it's accurate? She was completely fine :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.