RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

S16 was good but DR losing makes sense since they showered the show with awards for the terrible S12-S14 run.

Anyway, THEE Plane Jane will always be famous.

• Haha 6

Season 16 didn't really deserve an Emmy. Nobody had a truly compelling story. The winner's biggest hardship was being quiet/being the first winner from their country. No one was crying over Sapphira's foot, and Plane didn't give any emotional reason to root for her, unlike her predecessor Mistress for example. Deserved loss. Tanked.

Season 15 was a lot better for the dramatics but Season 16 had some really fun queens and moments.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf
  • Like 1

I think other shows like the traitors just shined brighter than drag race in the last year for reality television.  S16 is a hell of a lot better than any of S10-S14. It's all relative. TBH S16 was better than a majority of the other drag race seasons I've watched this year. AS9, CANvTW2 & GAS have all been shaky at best, and the latter is a major disappointment.

TBH I have a gut feeling the show is kinda entering a new era. Seems like high quality seasons are gonna be more few and far between than in the past.  I feel like a lot of people are gonna become like me who only watch every now and then going forward. Or mainly watch recaps 

On 9/15/2024 at 11:06 PM, Morissette said:

Losing Emmys left and right. Time for RPDR to get it together and re-think their strategies :coffee2:

All of these reality shows are pretty formulaic. The host does the same thing each season/episode, and each show largely sticks to its format.

Fans have been complaining about Drag Race being poorly produced for years, but it snatched up Emmy's because it was the new shiny thing for Hollywood to latch onto. 

Now Traitors (which has its own problems) is the new shiny object. 

Edited by Rotunda
  • Like 2

Season 16 and Season 14 lost because they had tacky gimmicks. Season 15 did not and had contestants with STAR QUALITY. Sasha Colby alone coulda gave them the emmy but the entire top 5 was immaculate. You could tell it would be a bomb season from the promo alone. 

Season 14 and 16 also had a majority of the cast be young kids who grew up watching drag race. None of them had really come into their own. Season 16 top three all fell short in some aspect so it was really hard to root for any of them or really care what they're doing rn. 

• Confused 1

Sorry for the Drag Race-adjacent post, but I need to recommend this new podcast by IMHO host Darby and her straight twin brother, Grant. The past two episodes have been incredibly deep conversations about how their Christian nationalist upbringing has affected them. Darby is so honest and unfortunately, her experiences are relatable to so many.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacobdaniel said:

Sorry for the Drag Race-adjacent post, but I need to recommend this new podcast by IMHO host Darby and her straight twin brother, Grant. The past two episodes have been incredibly deep conversations about how their Christian nationalist upbringing has affected them. Darby is so honest and unfortunately, her experiences are relatable to so many.

I LOVE their channel (Darby, Alexis + Grant!) Them and Mera Mangle have been my go-to drag commentary channels after every episode lol

• Like 1

truly legendary

• Like 1

New season out on Oct 16th!!!

7 hours ago, Lightbringer007 said:

I will never understand Katy's appeal. She's so boring and that awful laugh she does is nails on chalkboard. Raja deserved better.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, terrijoe said:

I will never understand Katy's appeal. She's so boring and that awful laugh she does is nails on chalkboard. Raja deserved better.  

A broken clock (you) is right twice a day (once) I guess. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.