RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

when i tell u the thumbnail made me scream

• Haha 8

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistress and her antics :skull: 

• Haha 4

Y'all's winner :rip:

• Haha 2

Tell me why When I Grow Up has been lipsync'd 3 TIMES on Drag Race but we have yet to have the following PCD lipsyncs:

• Buttons (I mean WTF at this one)
  • I Don't Need a Man
  • Hush Hush Hush Hush
  • Beep
  • I Hate This Part
  • React

FV3NvoJ.gif

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

The Plastique-can't-lip-sync disinformation campaign is so dull and tired. From watching her lip syncs on AS9, it's obvious she's a great performer, better than the majority of the cast even. She just had the misfortune of A.) Not knowing her words and B.) Going against a queen who producers wouldn't allow to lose for narrative purposes.

Besides, someone said she only learned about her charity's Zionist ties after she had locked them in, but before the season started filming. So it's very likely she threw the lip syncs to advocate for Palestinian liberation :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

Tell me why When I Grow Up has been lipsync'd 3 TIMES on Drag Race but we have yet to have the following PCD lipsyncs:

• Buttons (I mean WTF at this one)

FV3NvoJ.gif

I heard that they're saving Buttons for the final round of Lalaparooza on All Winners 2. Sasha Colby vs Sonique to be exact

FAsBlWeXIAIfg7h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

i didn't even bother wathcing this season i watched the runways and lipsyncs on youtube but wow what a waste of a season. Angeria is not winner worthy at all... 

• Thumbs Down 8

3 minutes ago, Femalien said:

i didn't even bother wathcing this season i watched the runways and lipsyncs on youtube but wow what a waste of a season. Angeria is not winner worthy at all... 

then stfu if you didn't watch it all

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Femalien said:

how are you not gonna watch a season then say the winner didn't deserve to win 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

7 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Why do I feel like there is zero hype for Global All Stars?? :biblionny:

It's in the middle of the summer and people are on vacation. It's gonna pick it up once it starts airing I believe :celestial:

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Femalien said:

You're a joke

• Like 4

Unpopular opinion but I really enjoyed the season. I watch all stars to see what the queens, who I mostly love, can bring to the table. I wouldn't have enjoyed the likes of Shannel, Vanjie or Jorgeous going home soon, as they would have, for the sake of having "stakes". I'd take a cast of 8 strong queens not going home anytime over a bunch of early outs forced to feel defeated because they were just cast to make other people shine like they did in All Stars 5, 6, 8, and even 4. There's no stakes there either, but to each their own. 

• Like 5

• ATRL Moderator

I didn’t love the season but almost every queen had standout moments and there were good episodes.

I really enjoyed the rusical, the roast was strong, the rumix was really solid, the lalaparuza was amazing, the design challenge was fun…

Roxxxy demolished the second half of the season and had, imo, one of the most dominant runs ever. Angeria had amazing episodes (rumix, snatch game, roast, acting) and a really great lipsync rudemption from S14. Vanjie’s STARpower is so obvious, would be happy to see her on another season because she did amazingly this season and kind of deserved top three with several wins she wasn’t given (acting, rusical). Her makeup glow up too :jonny: Mik and Plastique bodied the runway every week and Plastique showed that she can be a real competitor for the crown. Seeing Jorgeous fully formed was a joy and knowing Ru loves her she seems like a shoo-in for a Vs the World season down the line. Shannel’s late season bloom was a nice arc for her. Nina’s snatch game was good

Angeria is a deserving winner and will be a fantastic advocate for the global Drag Race queens :clap3:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We're in Drag Deluge right now, since AS9 just finished and Canada is only 6 episodes I think people will be clocked in for Global in a couple of weeks

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Draper. said:

Unpopular opinion but I really enjoyed the season. I watch all stars to see what the queens, who I mostly love, can bring to the table. I wouldn't have enjoyed the likes of Shannel, Vanjie or Jorgeous going home soon, as they would have, for the sake of having "stakes". I'd take a cast of 8 strong queens not going home anytime over a bunch of early outs forced to feel defeated because they were just cast to make other people shine like they did in All Stars 5, 6, 8, and even 4. There's no stakes there either, but to each their own. 

I agree I prefer not having them eliminated to give everyone a chance to shine but also there wouldn't be any exciting drama to watch unfold without eliminations lol

• Like 1

I think if AS9 had the elimination format, the same 8 girls + 2 more girls (cast Alexis Mateo & Kennedy Davenport here rather than CANvTW2), the Beaver twist and a bottom 2 lipsyncing VS the badges & blocking nonsense, & maybe a non-rigged/doubling or tripling votes fame games to show off runways even from eliminated girls, AS9 could've been fantastic. The cast wasn't the problem this season, it was the format and the nonsense doubling/tripling badge counts last minute. Enough.

• Like 2

They definitely need to bring what CvTW does over to regular AS. Let there be a lip sync for your life (therefore hopefully giving the lip syncs more oomph), with the winner saving someone from having to do so beforehand. 

16 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

The Plastique-can't-lip-sync disinformation campaign is so dull and tired. From watching her lip syncs on AS9, it's obvious she's a great performer, better than the majority of the cast even. She just had the misfortune of A.) Not knowing her words and B.) Going against a queen who producers wouldn't allow to lose for narrative purposes.

Besides, someone said she only learned about her charity's Zionist ties after she had locked them in, but before the season started filming. So it's very likely she threw the lip syncs to advocate for Palestinian liberation :clap3:

so stupid they didn't let her change then wtf

lol

Anyways, if you don't know the words then you have most likely lost the lip sync. But I also think she is lacking the skill of conveying emotion and really embracing the essence of a song. Being a great performer is far from being good at lip-syncing. 

But if she was bad on purpose to advocate for Palestine, then yas :clap3: 

Besides, someone said she only learned about her charity's Zionist ties after she had locked them in, but before the season started filming. So it's very likely she threw the lip syncs to advocate for Palestinian liberation :clap3:

You mean to say Plastique was aware of the upcoming conflict becoming so prominent, as the season was filmed months prior to October 2023? :suburban: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Plastique is not a great lipsync performer. Being able to do a plethora of tricks does not make a great performer... She's done the same routines, the same moves, the same jump splits constantly. She's very pretty and has clearly grown as a drag artist with her outfits, makeup, and overall confidence boost but lipsync performance is not a strong suit of hers whatsoever. I dont find a hot person flailing all over the stage while knowing half the lyrics to a song good. 

I remember she tried to do a whole performance during Covid for my college over Zoom and the sound wasn't working whatsoever. She was on a whole stage too with lighting and everything, clearly a set, but the performance was a mess. Roxxxy was on the same Zoom performance and stood in front of a black curtain from her home and did This Is Me. Guess who was more captivating? :ahh:

• Like 1

while the season wasn't perfect, I did enjoy it overall!

the cast got a chance to shine in some way and was able to be represented across very well! I wish them all the best moving forward (and would root for plastique to come back and finally get her crown lol)

17 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

She just had the misfortune of A.) Not knowing her words

Misfortune? :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2024 at 5:45 AM, HonourableVomit said:

Was there something funny about Angeria's number or 

Mostly the final line "don't I look rich you uh-gah-lee *****. But she just has that it factor too. Her accent alone can make just about anything funny.

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Janet said:

You mean to say Plastique was aware of the upcoming conflict becoming so prominent, as the season was filmed months prior to October 2023? :suburban: 

She knew the history of the region and didn't want to support Zionists, even before the recent escalation. But now that I think about it, she probably did predict that. Her mind! :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.