RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

also, a kii that Roxxy lost a lip sync for the most important one. 

Plastique didn't get Top 3 and possibly winning the season, a full circle since her 0 lip sync record this season.

Praising Jorgeous to the heavens but barely rewarding her. 

• Like 1

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more of a Roxxxy fan, but I am genuinely curious why Ru/the producers didn't see it for Plastique? I mean, the platform she has alone...

And it's not like they would've had to rig it for her, just judging accurately would've put her in the top already. A "deserving" winner with an already-massive following. Weird decision imo.

FV3NvoJ.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

also, Angeria is so hosting the GAS Pit Stop now. She watches all the franchises and they only let winners host that. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Subomie said:

I'm more of a Roxxxy fan, but I am genuinely curious why Ru/the producers didn't see it for Plastique? I mean, the platform she has alone...

And it's not like they would've had to rig it for her, just judging accurately would've put her in the top already. A "deserving" winner with an already-massive following. Weird decision imo.

FV3NvoJ.gif

I know I'm dininishing Angeria's work with this and I do really like her as a character, but I truly think it's because of the charities

Plastique not getting a SINGLE pity win for her charity with the producers knowing they were never putting her in the top 3? Then with the reveal that her charity is actually a bunch of zionists? Maybe I need to put the tinfoil hat down but something very obvious is adding up here to me :sherlock:

i'm happy for Angeria but good luck bookin any of da older queens now

my girl deserved dat crown over everyone

11 minutes ago, Subomie said:

FV3NvoJ.gif

Honestly for Plastique the extra exposure is the biggest win. Even if it was cash prize she seems she's already loaded given the runway packages and her over all asthetic. She'll work this placement like no other. It kind of hurt her that Nymphia just won as well. 

I guess for all the biggest thing for everyone here is exposure. 

• Like 3

I was about to type out how Angeria is at least funny and blah blah but? Plastique literally won the comedy challenge? 

Plastique was beyond robbed idc, especially since Angeria didn't even do well in the ONE (1) challenge Plastique did bad at (Snatch Game)

it's also crazy to me that Gottmik is essentially dead last, since she won the ball and snatch game. That roast literally changed her entire trajectory in this season

11 minutes ago, Triton said:

she's already loaded given the runway packages 

they all got a stipend for the runway and I THINK plastique outsourced to vietnamese artists who are cheaper and just as good if not better (don't quote me on that)

Edited by kataraqueen

Now turn AS10 into a villains season with the cast saving one of the bottom 3 from lip synching and the gag at the finale being no prize money for anyone. Enough with the kumbaya

FV3NvoJ.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I wonder if this decision was impacted by the current potential lawsuit situation that WOW is dealing with since Angeria was one of the names Willam listed as not being a terror to work with on AS9

• Like 1

I hope they never do a non winner non elimination season ever again. I get that queens invest money and it sucks when their run is cut short but they know what they are signing up for... eliminations is a big part of All Stars drama and it adds actual stakes to the competition.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Antonini said:

I wonder if this decision was impacted by the current potential lawsuit situation that WOW is dealing with since Angeria was one of the names Willam listed as not being a terror to work with on AS9

I thought about this too. 

Spoiler

I forget what AS9 queen Ru was talking to in the tic tac lunches but he literally said to someone: "it's important to be likable to people you work with because if you're a ***** people will find out and you'll lose opportunities"

i'm really surprised they didn't go with Roxxxy but I loveee Angeria and lowkey prefer her over Roxxxy so I'm over happy with this outcome! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really shocked that Angeria won... honestly, I was rooting for Roxxxy. I feel so bad for her 

There hasn't been a single All Stars winner that has been unanimously agreed upon by this fandom even on the seasons that were relatively well received (Alaska robbed Katya, Shea was being pushed forward, Jinx lost that lip sync to Monet, Shangela was robbed, Twinner outcome was garbage etc) 

There will never be a satisfying ending to All Stars because your relationships with the queens and their stories is completely different, there are expectations to be met, narratives to be wrapped up and fan favorites who will eventually have to take each other out to win. That's why even when the girls with the best track records win there will be complaints (Alaska, Jimbo, Jinkx) when the underdog wins there are complaints (Kylie, Monet, Angie), when the fan-favorite wins there are complaints (Trixie, Shea) and when they give everyone what they wanted by having multiple winners there are complaints (Trinity and Monet).

There's no way the producers can actually please people on an all stars season so the best thing they could do at this point is just make a season entertaining enough that the winner doesn't really matter. 

• Like 8

So so happy for Angeria :clap3: She had my favorite final runway. Talent show for me was between Jorgeous, Shannel, and Angeria though Vanjie did a very good job,  that was the best she's ever done on a Drag Race season. I thought Roxxxy captured the essence of Janet the best in the final lipsync and surprised she didn't win. 

That Double Diamond basically wasted on Nina :toofunny2:

Edited by Hector

1 hour ago, Subomie said:

FV3NvoJ.gif

I am also genuinely confused by the complete Plastique snub, she really had the story, the package and the track record to win this season but some reason she felt like a secondary character to the Roxxxy & Angeria main competition. 

53 minutes ago, Antonini said:

This is my theory as well sksk didn't watch the season but happy for Angie heard she was killing it either way, but the tweets are funny ngl

absolutely ******* not

12 minutes ago, Titanbaddie said:

I am also genuinely confused by the complete Plastique snub, she really had the story, the package and the track record to win this season but some reason she felt like a secondary character to the Roxxxy & Angeria main competition. 

In my opinion, it's because she was not able to showcase any talent for lip-syncing, nor did she show that she cared about this exercise. The package was glorious, though, I agree.

• Haha 1

Angeria was my favorite this season so I am happy though I did like the  Roxxxy redemption arc  (I couldnt stand her in the other 2 seasons she was part of )

Ru really don't care for Plastique :skull: lipsync is really her fatal flaw because Krystal has the similar package, charisma level but slays the lipsyncs and Ru loves her 

everyone is being so shady nnnnn :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

everyone is being so shady nnnnn :deadbanana2:

Now this is just rude. Angie gather her

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Drag Race alumni shading rather than congratulating is tacky behavior. Especially since Angeria is a sweetheart. They need to come for the real enemies, the producers. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Also paramount plus ****** up drag by releasing these episodes at three in the morning. Would it kill them to release the episodes at a time that they could actually be an event? The first thing I saw when I got on Twitter at 6:30 this morning was "Angeria crowned AS9 winner" :rip: 

Spoiler

Happy for Angeria, kinda expected Roxxxy to win, glad to see her in top 3 anyway.

Vanjie also being top 3 was... weird, I'd like to have Plastique instead of her but I don't mind though. 

I also don't agree that Plastique's bad at lipsync, almost every lose she got seemed like for another dramatic production reason and she usually served imho. 

Nina getting the double badge thing was something :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.