RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

13 hours ago, KasioKas said:

This is SUCH a funny still image I can't :ahh:

Post image

this was a moment but i dont get it how people are downplaying this as "ballroom" while Morphine is on that position

i honestly think that move couldve injured Morphine.. totally harmless tho if Morphine was standing upright

• Like 3

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, LIDDOATIN said:

this was a moment but i dont get it how people are downplaying this as "ballroom" while Morphine is on that position

i honestly think that move couldve injured Morphine.. totally harmless tho if Morphine was standing upright

this's probably very normal in ballroom scene and Mhiya definitely knows Morphine can take it. 

they are two top dogs going against each other.

• Like 1

Not some drag race “fans” comparing that to the mimi fiasco, they’re something else…

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, atrlxcx said:

I mean Manila won a challenge in s3 for playing into stereotypes, I don’t think Ru has any issues with people playing into their own experiences etc

Manila has a Filipino background. 

And she used an East Asian stereotype for that character.

So it's really not the same. She is indeed racist and should quit drag.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NumbSoul said:

You might potentially be right in terms of how production is viewing these things, but I still think that's very hypocritical.

Why does Ru reward Black queens for playing into racial stereotypes, but somehow it's wrong for an Asian queen to do the same?

I don’t think the problem is as much the act itself, as her position at it. Ru asked how she felt about her playing a stereotypical accent giving her the chance to share some interesting thoughs and maybe a political standing which would redeem her poor verse last week. She decided to say “we should all share the accents” as if she was talking about a tradicional dance from her culture, failing to acknowledge that’s not a real accent but a stereotype white people have depicted historically to use asians as a comedic relief. RuPaul’s face was cracked and she looked dumb.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Manila’s win with the racism controversy was for that QNN newscaster episode right? 

I always felt like Shangela or Yara should’ve won that week. Shangela had a huge role in the challenge and delivered, but Yara had the hands down funniest moments as the weatherwoman being like “oh, it’s burning, my ass”

If we wanna talk about Yara being robbed she was REALLY robbed for her strawberry shortcake dress she made though - Raja was handed that chocolate outfit win lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spiritboy said:

I only enjoyed Sapphira and Q this week. Sapphira is the only Queen that is successful at every challenge and serve looks. 

"Rate-A-Queen"

• Mini-Challenge Winner: Sapphira Cristál
  • Mini-Challenge Prize: A $2,500 cash tip
  • Challenge Winner: Sapphira Cristál
  • Challenge Prize: A $5,000 cash tip and immunity from a future challenge

=$7500

"Girl Groups"

• Mini-Challenge Prize: An autographed copy of RuPaul's memoir The House of Hidden Meanings and a $2,000 cash tip

=$2000

"Werq the World"

• Challenge Prize: $5,000 cash tip

=$5000

11 "Corporate Queens"
  • Mini-Challenge Prize: $3,400 cash tip
  • Challenge Prize: $5,000 cash tip

=$8,400

TOTAL: $22,900

• Like 5

this episode was bad and the challenge was so boring. i feel like this season started really good, it kept the momentum going but kinda deflated now. it is feeling like a chore to watch. mostly because production keeps pushing narratives that feel forced and clunky

• Confused 1

I'm sorry... But why is Q upset? 

It was Plane's win... No hers... 

Either way... Sapphira winning felt NOT-correct at all. 

• Like 1

I'm not mad at Sapphira getting a payola'd/undeserved win considering she was robbed of a win for Snatch Game

• Like 3

A Plane and Q double win would've been the fairest imo.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

The memes from this :toofunny2:

• Haha 7

I'm sorry but Sapphira deserved her win. Even with her minor slip ups, she was the most comfortable and most easy going in the role of speaker.

Jane and Q had cute moments but it felt shaky, they were fighting through every second, i didn't feel that with Sapphira.

Now mind you... No one really killed it, but i guess she was the least bad of the bunch ?

Deserved win.

Spoiler

Now THIS was excellence !!!

RuPaul's Drag Race UK' Season 5, Episode 4 recap: You like money? Wear a  wig | Xtra Magazine

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Also, Q whining about being robbed is funny when she could have been eliminated twice by now (after flopping the Emergency lip sync and flopping the political song).

• Like 2

Q got the good edit in her lipsync against Amanda, we know in reality she would've gone home in a blink lipsyncin against ANYONE from the cast. 

So complaining about anything later is uncalled for.

• Like 3

Pitstop was boring and dry

lynn-spirit-xanderxtim.gif

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

The memes from this :toofunny2:

Plane is me in every serious situation :bibliahh:

Mama kudos for saying that becoming a meme :bibliahh:

THEE Plane Jane keeps providing content and entertainment :clap3:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

:bibliahh:

Mistress, Plane, and Gia need to take their Sweethearts of Drag Race show on the road. It's not fair they only did it in Texas :monkey:

• Haha 1

Plane is such a star, my god :smitten:

On 3/16/2024 at 10:56 AM, Rotunda said:

Did any of y’all saying Plane and Q smashed it genuinely laugh at those “giving drag queen names to historical figures” jokes?

Not a judgement I’m just genuinely curious about your sense of humor.

Yeh everything after the two opening puns was un-funny garbage (Q especially was horrifically cringy).

• Like 2

FPR and Rate A Queen results tomorrow

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.