RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

The fanbase is so god damn annoying. Everyone is just bandwagon hating and piling negativity all over Q rn, they do it to 1-2 girls every single time the season airs. Q hasn’t done anything that bad this season, like are y’all for real? She’s clearly having a breakdown from how much negativity she’s getting rn and I feel for her.  The fans go HARD on girls who aren’t even that mean on the show, and the fans pick and choose when they live for “drag delusion” and who is shady or not. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

The fanbase is so god damn annoying. Everyone is just bandwagon hating and piling negativity all over Q rn, they do it to 1-2 girls every single time the season airs. Q hasn’t done anything that bad this season, like are y’all for real? She’s clearly having a breakdown from how much negativity she’s getting rn and I feel for her. 

HUH? People are hating on Q right now because she decided to spend her day bullying her haters on Twitter :deadbanana2: She was likely getting FAR less hate than other girls (see: PJ's socials). But she's such an insecure and nasty person that she decided to make personal attacks against users and spew vitriol as if she were still on Snatch Game, playing as Nicki Minaj.

It's wild how people tried to accuse PJ of being "mean" and not just shady, when time has shown that Q is actually the season's mean girl.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

42 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

Plane Jane more talented than NYMPHIA? :skull: alright y’all are starting to sniff a little too hard 

consistently in the top half of the cast and never deserved bottom placement as many times as nymphia has so far (3 times) :coffee:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 8

11 minutes ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

The fanbase is so god damn annoying. Everyone is just bandwagon hating and piling negativity all over Q rn, they do it to 1-2 girls every single time the season airs. Q hasn’t done anything that bad this season, like are y’all for real? She’s clearly having a breakdown from how much negativity she’s getting rn and I feel for her.  The fans go HARD on girls who aren’t even that mean on the show, and the fans pick and choose when they live for “drag delusion” and who is shady or not. 

nobody was checking for her until she decided to play victim like her friend amanda... i agree that the fanbase is toxic but Q was a non-factor in everybody's heads :skull: she was replying to old tweets like she looked for negative comments about her.

Ppl are dragging Q for lashing out at the fans because her reads were goofy and incoherent. If it was funny ppl would be praising her 

• Like 1

I liked Q a lot in the beginning of the season, but ever since the episode she cried over being HIGH she has been grating on me. Every week she just seems so insecure and her twitter rants yesterday definitely are not helping her seem confident.

• Like 1

Re: the episode

Dawn SUCKED big time as Meg McCain and should've been immediate bottom for not mentioning, "my father" or "my friends" even once, there is a connection to drag race girls since they got dragged for being on The View as her buddies.

Nymphia should've been low, but ultimately safe for the runway.... I guess. :angel:

Sapphira won and I think this week def places her in the finale, none of those girls can out lipsynch her even if she fell low late like Jaida or Bob did. I could also see an AS run from production so that annoys me, she is the lead for me.

Q is forgettable now, runway next week may change that.

Mihya is gone soon, Ru is allowing her to enjoy and grow as an artist and you can tell she wants to bring her back after she flourishes like Tia or Shangela.

Plasma is coming for blood, she is no Jan or Loosey, she is more Rose, heading to the finale with the right challenges and def an AS auto admit. Her glow up is gonna be nice too! Gag Marsha!

Plane is plaie, she didnt gag me.

Edited by satellites.™
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, Raw Honey said:

I don't know any spoilers in case anyone gets mad at me, but I think Sapphira is going to win tbh. I had felt that only her and Nymphia screamed winners in the past, but the former has showed some weaknesses when it comes to skills at this point. Sapphira in the other hand is more consistent and her energy is way more iconic. Nymphia's banana branding is a bit grating at this point too. Rooting for both though.

Right, like they banned me last week for saying I thought she'd slay the second half of the competition since it looked to be personality/acting/comedy challenges since we've seen multiple sewing ones already. Dont get mad at me for having critical thinking skills and KNOWING a show I've been watching for 16 seasons, I dont even like spoilers and I STILL think she has this in the bag. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Nawt Amanda Tori Leeching off PJ’s rise to stardom after trying to assassinate her character 

Is this real tea or are the girls assuming? Someone investigate if Amanda is associated with knock-off Yvie Oddly and her friends

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, rihannafan said:

You mean besides literally carryinh her team's choreo and giving them a team win? What does choreo have to do with writing? 

But seeing your other post above, I see you chose to not make sense today lol.

6 hours ago, rihannafan said:

Yeahh... 'anything to praise younger queens' while stanning plane jane is crazy

Damn Rihanna’s fan came in here to crack me up with her reads :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

I agree with this, in general. But idk the situation with Q and what’s deserved or not. I just think the fan base is SO easily impressionable  and can RARELY think objectively. 

For example: most of the fans in this thread are REACHING to despise Dawn when- if you’re not being in your pre-determined, biased feelings- Dawn hasn’t done really anything to evoke strong feelings either way. She’s pretty much just filler and shouldn’t have immense hate but “ALT WHITE KWEENS RUINED DRAGGG ELECTRIC CHAIR AARRGHHH” …it’s a little much and it’s embarrassing. We are just used to expecting queens that have similar drag style to Dawn to have big fan followings and go far in the competition (i.e. Trixie, Crystal Methyd, etc). Maybe it’s time we realize those former queens actually have something to offer that warrants their support idk? Dawn doesn’t offer those things and is a background character, and to despise her is unhinged but that’s drag race fans for ya!

As for PJ, it’s the opposite! Fans can’t think for themselves so they stan queens that are payola’d and can’t admit when they are payola’d. TO BE CLEAR- PJ is not bad at all. And she has been doing well. But she has also been placed high for NO REASON multiple times (drag race Live and Welcome to the dollhouse). She also won this week when it sapphira deserved it more. Yet blind standom will tell you Jane is “STOMPING THEEZ GIRLS YAS MAMA KWEEN SLAY”.

Anyway- the crown is still objectively for Nymphia or Sapphira and if PJ wins it’s gonna be gross bc it’s gonna justify the delusion of fans thinking she’s the best competitor in this season yikes

• Thumbs Down 2

PJ and Nymphia the stars of the season and the girls are having trouble coping with that 

Fume

spacer.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Morphine had no right being in the bottom lol her snatch game impersonation read as very safe to me. The weakest were definitely Nymphia, Dawn and Xunami and you could argue that Nymphia's runway was beyond good that being saved from the bottom was a good decision but I'm worried for my sister, she needs to light a fire under her ass and start doing better

• Like 2

And I’ve said it multiple times but while Sapphira is extremely talented, I haven’t been able to connect with her. I would never say there’s nothing special about her, but she hasn’t done anything in particular that has made her winner material for me. Most winners have some special quality about them that defines them as a winner and defines the season. 

Sapphira’s opera was seen with Monet’s talent show

Her role as “mother” this season was kind of already fulfilled just last season by Sasha

She’s decent at comedy, but it’s not like she’s a Jinkx, Alaska, or Bob so far

I’m just not entirely sure what makes Sapphira stand out other than her being talented. Like someone else said, she’s a jack of all trades but a master of none thus far. Nymphia might struggle with comedy and Plane might not be on Sapphira’s level of talent but both bring something to the table that makes them interesting (Nymphia’s Taiwanese perspective and creative fashion have been a blast to see, Plane being the best TV by FAR this season and being a real villain finally) which is something Sapphira is lacking thus far and that’s her massive achilles heel for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 hours ago, DevonRoars said:

mhyia being in the top..

I felt like I was being gas lit through the entire episode :skull: 

the only other person was Q and it took her like a 1 min to think of each answer lol

probably was worse live

• Haha 1

The show also insinuated that the reasons Sapphira didn’t win were two-fold: 1) per her admission, it was a blatant attempt at sucking up to RuPaul, admitted to Ru’s face and reinforced by another queen in their confessional; 2) the performance was referential but did not convey spontaneity as strongly as Plane Jane’s.

Sapphira was try-hard, Plane was effortless. Thats why Plane rightfully won

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Sapphira was try-hard, Plane was effortless. Thats why Plane rightfully won

still the undeniable top two of the season so far. both are C to the UNT. poor others who are lacking :clap3:

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

And I’ve said it multiple times but while Sapphira is extremely talented, I haven’t been able to connect with her. I would never say there’s nothing special about her, but she hasn’t done anything in particular that has made her winner material for me. Most winners have some special quality about them that defines them as a winner and defines the season. 

Sapphira’s opera was seen with Monet’s talent show

Her role as “mother” this season was kind of already fulfilled just last season by Sasha

She’s decent at comedy, but it’s not like she’s a Jinkx, Alaska, or Bob so far

I’m just not entirely sure what makes Sapphira stand out other than her being talented. Like someone else said, she’s a jack of all trades but a master of none thus far. Nymphia might struggle with comedy and Plane might not be on Sapphira’s level of talent but both bring something to the table that makes them interesting (Nymphia’s Taiwanese perspective and creative fashion have been a blast to see, Plane being the best TV by FAR this season and being a real villain finally) which is something Sapphira is lacking thus far and that’s her massive achilles heel for me.

if we give queens passes for having a nice runway package, and saying "she could win by the runways alone", then sapphira also qualifies. her flowers look was the best of the season so far.

i don't think she is the most unique queen but she is definitely one of the most polished and experienced. you won't see her crumbling like the newcomers do on stage. even though this thread is not ready for this conversation, sapphira clears the self-proclaimed "koooky!!!" runway queens (or models, at this point) when it comes to stage presence, charisma, nerve and wit. she can act, dance, lipsync, sing AND give you a ***** look. that's what separates her.

+ and sapphira and plane are both queens who didn't force anything down people's throats. the cast gave them their storyline, sapphira as the cliche "motherly" person and plane as the ultimate villain to imitate. they're not going around the werkroom parroting "flips" or "banena". they just command people's attention by existing. 

Edited by 40000000000000

2 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

the only other person was Q and it took her like a 1 min to think of each answer lol

probably was worse live

I just can't with dumb made up characters..

Like... Trina's cousin.. Really?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 40000000000000 said:

if we give queens passes for having a nice runway package, and saying "she could win by the runways alone", then sapphira also qualifies. her flowers look was the best of the season so far.

i don't think she is the most unique queen but she is definitely one of the most polished and experienced. you won't see her crumbling like the newcomers do on stage. even though this thread is not ready for this conversation, sapphira clears the self-proclaimed "koooky!!!" runway queens (or models, at this point) when it comes to stage presence, charisma, nerve and wit. she can act, dance, lipsync, sing AND give you a ***** look. that's what separates her.

This would be more fair if Nymphia wasn’t also a stellar performer and giving us more than just kooky fashion queen, but fashion in ways we haven’t seen before. Fashion forward, amazing concepts, and great performance ability. 

Let’s be honest, the show hasn’t been kind to Asian queens, and while Nymphia’s heritage shouldn’t be used as a shield to defend her, it has been so refreshing for me as a viewer to see drag that pulls from references I haven’t been made aware of as an American. I think the story Nymphia tells with her drag and not her words is amazing to see. Reducing her art she’s shown thus far to her “crumbling” and just being a “kooky” queen is a bit shortsighted and unfair to her, but you seem to have a strong distaste for Nymphia so I guess I get it. I truthfully also typically dislike the “kooky” archetype, but I think Nymphia is different and more than just that, unlike the kookies in the past. 

In that way, Nymphia isn’t like fashion queens we’ve had like Aquaria or Violet, because what she’s showing to us isn’t just fashion— it’s a lesson and a message without being on the nose about it. I think that’s incredible and certainly winner-worthy in and of itself.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

I just can't with dumb made up characters..

Like... Trina's cousin.. Really?

No, cause like… huh

Start banning these made up characters. It’s such a cop out. Do the ****ing challenge and flop with dignity.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Ngl but when Morphine and Xunami danced together it made feel something

:heart:

• Like 2

Snatch game was mid. Dawn should have been in the bottom. I love every time PJ wins my local bar fumes :bibliahh: I need her to win the season just so they can stay mad. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

This would be more fair if Nymphia wasn’t also a stellar performer and giving us more than just kooky fashion queen, but fashion in ways we haven’t seen before. Fashion forward, amazing concepts, and great performance ability. 

Let’s be honest, the show hasn’t been kind to Asian queens, and while Nymphia’s heritage shouldn’t be used as a shield to defend her, it has been so refreshing for me as a viewer to see drag that pulls from references I haven’t been made aware of as an American. I think the story Nymphia tells with her drag and not her words is amazing to see. Reducing her art she’s shown thus far to her “crumbling” and just being a “kooky” queen is a bit shortsighted and unfair to her, but you seem to have a strong distaste for Nymphia so I guess I get it. I truthfully also typically dislike the “kooky” archetype, but I think Nymphia is different and more than just that, unlike the kookies in the past. 

In that way, Nymphia isn’t like fashion queens we’ve had like Aquaria or Violet, because what she’s showing to us isn’t just fashion— it’s a lesson and a message without being on the nose about it. I think that’s incredible and certainly winner-worthy in and of itself.

no distaste from me for anybody except Q. i'm just not american so i don't get WOW'd by asian folklore or by obscure cultural references, i already grew up with a lot of culture around me so i don't give people passes for having their own unique genes. 

all i truly see is a s8 naomi smalls situation. lacking in almost every metric drag race is known to use and still getting saved because "runway".

anyway, sapphira & plane so damn C U N T

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

13 minutes ago, LastKiss said:

Ngl but when Morphine and Xunami danced together it made feel something

:heart:

it looked awkward to me, morphine was clearly caught by surprise when xunami grabbed her hand. she wanted to go off so bad but xunami was there to act wholesome and when she finally did let go of her hand, morphine said "hold up... let me cha-cha to this whitney houston beat" :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.