RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Smokin’ Hot Firefighter Makeovers

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Sapphira should win the season she is the most well rounded queen.

This challenge should have been planes and Qs.

Snatch game should have been Sapphiras.

Nymphia is one of the best fashion queen ever on the show but shes been meh in the challenges 

I cant believe people say she she should have won she was funny but it felt somehow desperate and their whole team dynamics was weird

Sapphira clearly outshined her though in the challenge

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 41.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Mhi'ya now having two funny as **** moments related to covering a face with fabric :bibliahh:

4Z7SS3p.png

Lol she will be so missed... :monkey:

• Confused 1

So this isn’t a hot take or anything but it is a thought that I wanted to vocalize: 

In the VH1/MTV/Paramount+ era your specific win count and track record don’t matter. You really just need to be recognized as a frontrunner, and amass at least one win. 

Some queens with inflated track records win, and some queens with inflated track records lose. 

I think the one unifying trait among the recent winners is that they aren’t obsessed about their track record…though I’d kinda be intrigued to see the fan reaction if an overly scripted/neurotic Jackie Cox-type queen strategized her way to the crown. The closest thing we have right now is maybe Trinity the Tuck.

Edited by Rotunda

33 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Ideal start to next week's episode:

Plane, Nymphia, Morphine, Q, and Sapphira enter the workroom and sit at the table.

Q: "Wait, like isn't someone missing? There are, like, only 5 of us."

Ru: *enters workroom* "Hello, hello, hello. Gather round everyone. We have just heard that Dawn had to withdraw from the competition." *girls look around in shock* "But don't worry. We still have a top 6. Paging Miss LePaige!"

*Mhi'ya flips into the workroom. Camera focuses on Morphine's face crack*

Morphine (in confessional): "This ***** is back?? I already got rid of her! Well I guess I'm gonna have to send her home again."

spacer.png

(At end of episode, Mhi'ya sends Q home in the lip sync.)

Manifesting this

4 hours ago, FLAallday said:

It’s also not RuPaul’s design challenge race or RuPaul’s host a seminar race either so what’s your point?  Plenty of less dimensional queens have successfully made it to the finale and/or won the show. It’s ok for you to not be a fan of her but to act as if she didn’t have a major talent to showcase and compete with on this show is wild. 

Also don’t majority of drag queen bookings come from nightclub performances?  That measure alone makes mhi’ya the strongest competitor when it comes to what day to day work looks like for drag queens. 

like im sorry but mhi’ya’s drag talent is exactly what sells tickets at drag events…not your ability to impersonate a dead lesbian pilot or design and construct a goth look in a day and a half.  

end herrrr. Mhi'ya legend

mhi'ya-iman-le'paige-mhiya.gif

• Like 3

saphira didnt deserve that win at ALL :chick1:

• Like 7

4 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Plane, Nymphia, Morphine, Q, and Sapphira enter the workroom and sit at the table.

Ru: *enters workroom* "Hello, hello, hello. Gather round everyone. We have just heard that Dawn had to withdraw from the competition." *girls look around in shock* "But don't worry. We still have a top 6. Paging Miss LePaige!"

Morphine (in confessional): "This ***** is back?? I already got rid of her! Well I guess I'm gonna have to send her home again."

spacer.png

Need this so bad 

Cannot stand Q and Dawn. I haven’t been so irritated by queen(s) since like… Jackie Cox / Miz Cracker 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Kudos to Q revealing her diagnosis but why does she always have to be a sore loser? :deadbanana4: While I wouldn't have picked Sapphira as the winner,  I'm glad she's proving to be more of a frontrunner this season. 

Glad M'hiya's flips didn't carry her to the finale. Ru hated when she threw her cape over Morphine (and Morphine killed that split so glad she stayed).

• Like 1

Can't believe I'm saying this but they did Dawn dirty. She deserved to be safe automatically for not being a complete disaster after getting paired with the worst possible queen for a challenge like this.

Plane would win the challenge if she was the one who came up with those 2 jokes but they also couldn't give it to Q bc she was just ok in her delivery. So by process of elimination, Sapphira was next up for the win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LittleStarmen said:

Nymphia destroyed her chances of winning by relying on banana/yellow sterotypes and asian accent Jokes

You might potentially be right in terms of how production is viewing these things, but I still think that's very hypocritical.

Why does Ru reward Black queens for playing into racial stereotypes, but somehow it's wrong for an Asian queen to do the same?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NumbSoul said:

You might potentially be right in terms of how production is viewing these things, but I still think that's very hypocritical.

Why does Ru reward Black queens for playing into racial stereotypes, but somehow it's wrong for an Asian queen to do the same?

I mean Manila won a challenge in s3 for playing into stereotypes, I don’t think Ru has any issues with people playing into their own experiences etc

Just now, atrlxcx said:

I mean Manila won a challenge in s3 for playing into stereotypes, I don’t think Ru has any issues with people playing into their own experiences etc

You're totally right, but then why is there so much discourse about what Nymphia did? (both by the judges and the fanbase) I feel like normally no one even bats an eye.

3 minutes ago, atrlxcx said:

Yes… 14 years ago :skull:

• Like 4

such a weird episode production/editing wise 

first they showed us Plane and Q slaying the challenge, perfectly done, all laughs

then they showed us Sapphira's part, she was good but still showed a few "messy" bits, clips 

so they wanted us to think Q is winning 

then they put Sapphira as a winner so it didnt make sense with the previous editing 

and till the end of episode they made like 2/3 close ups to Q's mad face looking at Sapphira, so they up to something for sure 

production is producing but i don't get it.. weird 

• Like 3

I would just like to reiterate I think Sapphira is incredibly talented and a worthy winner, this week simply wasn’t hers imo

• Like 6

Finally Mhi'ya gone

I understand people defending her but at the end of the end being a good drag queen =\= being good at Drag Race, she is horrible at drag race from what we have see  and bombed every single aspect aside from lip syncs.  She does not have enough confidence to command the screen, did not bring any sort of interesting drama, conversation or literally anything to the work room, and did not display anything fun or interesting in the challenges.  She is not annoying like Q or Dawn but she is also so forgettable and was waste of a slot.  Her only impact is that she sent  Plasma home who could have slayed challenge or two more before being chopped

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't think Ru ever said anything about Sum Ting Wong's name? Though her robbing her obviously well earned win and giving it to The V*v was really sus, tbh.

8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

spacer.png

And robbing us of the pleasure of seeing Dawn flopping in a LSFYL?!

I want that twink obliterated by a lipsync assassin, so her Trixie fanbase can suffer!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I would just like to reiterate I think Sapphira is incredibly talented and a worthy winner, this week simply wasn’t hers imo

That's the sentiment of majority no matter how the Q Haters try to spin it

I see Morphine/Dawn going home next

And i'll say it again, DAWN has the most memorable aesthetics and makeup.. she's made her mark.. 

This cast is so stacked, I love it :jonny6:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

A three way LSFYL where Plain sends both Dawn and Q home next episode, yes please! 

C'mon producers, start producing! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yves said:

I keep seeing people saying Q was robbed. If anything, within her group, Plane did the heavy-lifting.

Clock that tea. Q did well picking the slides and clips jokes for the presentation, but she was so cringy with her delivery and yelling during the segment

• Like 2

I only enjoyed Sapphira and Q this week. Sapphira is the only Queen that is successful at every challenge and serve looks. 

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.