RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• ATRL Moderator

I don't even think Pandora was that bad.  She did well in 2-3 challenges, and did *fine* in most of them.  Bombed 2, but whatever.  She did have bad runways, though.

She was basically edited as a filler queen so we didn't really get to see much of her.  Oh well. We probably weren't missing out on much but I wasn't offended by her presence.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

I forget Mo Heart is Luxx's mother, that just proves Mo is tacky, caue Luxx is so stylish and chic.

I love Mo Heart she’s amazing :heart:

1 hour ago, madonnas said:

It’s inappropriate I guess on a personal level but like it’s soooooooooooooo negligible.  Like kids this age are taken to see R rated movies by straight parents all the time.  Caring about it as some sort of political thing is just :deadbanana:grow up ! 

This is off topic but thank you 

there were literally children in ASIB AND Gucci :dies:

On topic: 

this challenge looks good 

• ATRL Moderator

Marcia's bulge in the mini challenge :eek:

8 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Is it really that shocking though? After all the things she's done to Morgan and Tatianna? And the DragCon bomb scare?

Like of course I'm sorry for all the sh*t she went through with the racist fans after getting crowned, but she has proven time and time again that she isn't able to learn from her mistakes and would rather blame everyone but herself for all the bad things that happen in her life/career. If queens like Sharon and Sherry are still rightfully held accountable for their actions, Tyra will be as well at least in my book.

I don’t think anything Tyra did is comparable to what Sharon and Sherry did, but Tyra is consistently violent and just last month went off on Ra’Jah for including her in a picture of black Drag Race winners, so I agree we don’t need to welcome her back. Tyra seems really unstable and there’s nothing we can do for her until she addresses that.

Edited by Solaris

8 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Actually comparing Tyra to a PROVEN sexual assaulter and a known and proud racist child abuser yet still claiming you don't have a problem with black queens :ahh:

The white robe is showing I fear

mother-has-arrived.gif

Can you all please stop with the over the top insults? It’s getting so uncomfortable seeing accusations of transphobia, racism etc. on every page. You’re all acting like teenagers on Tumblr. I know this was done to you first with the weird dogpile about you being transphobic, but it has to end.

2 hours ago, KaledKalil said:

Pandora wasn't even interesting during S2, or AS1. 

80764815_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).thumb.gi

It was always wild to me that she was considered the comedy queen prior to AS1 because she never elicited a single chuckle from me except maybe for Snatch Game. 

Nice lady tho

spacer.png

7 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Bianca literally said Blair made up her r@pe story yet the girls want to only hold Tyra accountable. Gee I wonder why 

Tatianna doxxed Tyra first yet the proud boy above me never holds that against her. Gee I wonder why

spacer.png

Like did you just call someone a PROUD BOY?? Wtf it’s not funny anymore it’s too far

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I don’t think anything Tyra did is comparable to what Sharon and Sherry did, but Tyra is consistently violent and just last month went off on Ra’Jah for including her in a picture of black Drag Race winners, so I agree we don’t need to welcome her back. Tyra seems really unstable and there’s nothing we can do for her until she addresses that.

She asked to not be tagged in photos related to Drag Race and blocked Ra'Jah when she responded saying she wanted to celebrate Tyra's run on the show, despite Tyra saying she didn't want to be linked to the show. That's not "going off" and it's not giving instability :rip:

Tyra going off on Ra'Jah was uncalled for given the circumstances. I feel bad for Tyra but at the same time she should have just kept working through the fanbases opinions on her win and kept performing and eventually the tides would have turned. Now, no one really cares for Raven correct me if I am wrong, but does she actually have stans? And she stays getting dragged for blackfishing. Had Tyra not let it get to her she would have had a really cute AS run by now and would probably be loved by the newer fans.

10 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Tyra going off on Ra'Jah was uncalled for given the circumstances. I feel bad for Tyra but at the same time she should have just kept working through the fanbases opinions on her win and kept performing and eventually the tides would have turned. Now, no one really cares for Raven correct me if I am wrong, but does she actually have stans? And she stays getting dragged for blackfishing. Had Tyra not let it get to her she would have had a really cute AS run by now and would probably be loved by the newer fans.

But Tyra did that, it took years for her to finally snap. 

I do think she would get the biggest redemption on the show, but it's clear she doesn't want to play the game. I really like Rajah, but like Nina said a couple of times before: Rajah had a huge backlash after S11 for her actions, which imo were very entertaining and not at all justified the hate she got, and after that she started playing the nice girl vibes for AS6 and CvsTW. Tyra clearly doesn't want that and it's her right.

16 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Idk if I'd say Raven has "stans" in the same way girls like Gigi, Symone, Violet, Bob, Monet, Trixie, etc. do, but her influence on the show is pretty immense. Girls like Krystal are the child of Raven and there's many other girls who emulate her mug. Not to mention the fact she's Ru's makeup artist and always makes appearances on the show. 

Meanwhile, Tyra is completely erased from the history of the show pretty much. I mean, I understand saying that she should just turn the other cheek, but I don't think that's really a fair comment to make towards a Black queen who faced immense amounts of racism and bigotry as a very young adult simply for washing the other girls. Like, Tyra absolutely doesn't have to turn the other cheek towards the awful things that have been said and done to her by the fans and queens alike. Does she go over the top sometimes? Yes, but the core issue is the way she's been treated, not how she chooses to react to it. Yeah, this does mean she more than likely won't be allowed back into the Drag Race franchise as a consequence, but Tyra is clearly okay with that and doesn't just accept it, but actively wants that for herself. I wish she would come back too, but if she's happier away from the show (for extremely understandable reasons) then more power to her.

I DO think she'd be decently well received in this day and age, but there's still a core part of the fanbase that hates her and of course the issues queens of color still face, as we saw with Malaysia/Mistress getting lambasted by Marcia stans. I get why that would be awful to put yourself through again, even if it may not be as intense as it was circa S2.

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Idk if I'd say Raven has "stans" in the same way girls like Gigi, Symone, Violet, Bob, Monet, Trixie, etc. do, but her influence on the show is pretty immense. Girls like Krystal are the child of Raven and there's many other girls who emulate her mug. Not to mention the fact she's Ru's makeup artist and always makes appearances on the show. 

Meanwhile, Tyra is completely erased from the history of the show pretty much. I mean, I understand saying that she should just turn the other cheek, but I don't think that's really a fair comment to make towards a Black queen who faced immense amounts of racism and bigotry as a very young adult simply for washing the other girls. Like, Tyra absolutely doesn't have to turn the other cheek towards the awful things that have been said and done to her by the fans and queens alike. Does she go over the top sometimes? Yes, but the core issue is the way she's been treated, not how she chooses to react to it. Yeah, this does mean she more than likely won't be allowed back into the Drag Race franchise as a consequence, but Tyra is clearly okay with that and doesn't just accept it, but actively wants that for herself. I wish she would come back too, but if she's happier away from the show (for extremely understandable reasons) then more power to her.

I DO think she'd be decently well received in this day and age, but there's still a core part of the fanbase that hates her and of course the issues queens of color still face, as we saw with Malaysia/Mistress getting lambasted by Marcia stans. I get why that would be awful to put yourself through again, even if it may not be as intense as it was circa S2.

I understand what you are saying. No telling what she was feeling after dealing with racism for many years. Dear Drag Race Fans was a great way to let it all out, it was everything that came as a result of it that was a disaster. I am not one of the fans who was offended by the faux death announcement or leaking of phone numbers, but at the end of the day, that was someone struggling with their mental health, so I don't find it particularly funny either.

I respect Tyra for not wanting to play the game and more power to her. Just sucks I will never see ha on my TV screen again. :chick3:

5 minutes ago, mistertsa said:

Nina BoLegend Brown for AS9 LETS GO :jonny5:

I love Nina, but she has awful time management skills, is still serving the same type of looks and silhouette as she did on S9, and she still struggles with her mental health as well. Plus she's also expressed not being interested in returning + not having connections to designers, and I would hate to see her on there not brining her A game and being an early out. She needs to focus on getting back to gigs and keeping her YouTube channel going.

I will say though, as much as I love her for keeping it real, she can be quite ignorant at times. It bothers me when she can't understand that not every viewer knows everything she's done in life, like a look from 10 years ago, her Rawviews brought in new fans and demographics. And one of her recent vlogs, she was making stereotypical jokes pertaining to someone's race. :dies: She needs to learn to edit herself and not have the mentality of feeling "silenced" because she can't make fun of people's gender identity or race. And no, it is not the first time she's done that either. Some stuff is just in bad taste. Again, I LOVE Nina, so don't come for me. It's just my two cents as a viewer.

12 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Is it really that shocking though? After all the things she's done to Morgan and Tatianna? And the DragCon bomb scare?

Like of course I'm sorry for all the sh*t she went through with the racist fans after getting crowned, but she has proven time and time again that she isn't able to learn from her mistakes and would rather blame everyone but herself for all the bad things that happen in her life/career. If queens like Sharon and Sherry are still rightfully held accountable for their actions, Tyra will be as well at least in my book.

Sharon's & Sherry's actions were literal actions though. They acted in a way that negatively affected other people directly. Tyra is for sure not free of any blame but all she did was tweet some nasty stuff that at the end of the day ended up not happening. If you have an ounce of "dark" humor you'd know right away that she was joking and just being messy. I don't think that's comparable to S&S's situations.

Edited by dumbsparce

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Ru shouldn't be casting queens her age, tbh.  Or Teenagers, the only good contestant ever under 20 was Krystal Versace.

Minnie Cooper was a highlight of DRDU last year and was competing at 50yo 

1 hour ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

I love Nina, but she has awful time management skills, is still serving the same type of looks and silhouette as she did on S9, and she still struggles with her mental health as well. Plus she's also expressed not being interested in returning + not having connections to designers, and I would hate to see her on there not brining her A game and being an early out. She needs to focus on getting back to gigs and keeping her YouTube channel going.

I will say though, as much as I love her for keeping it real, she can be quite ignorant at times. It bothers me when she can't understand that not every viewer knows everything she's done in life, like a look from 10 years ago, her Rawviews brought in new fans and demographics. And one of her recent vlogs, she was making stereotypical jokes pertaining to someone's race. :dies: She needs to learn to edit herself and not have the mentality of feeling "silenced" because she can't make fun of people's gender identity or race. And no, it is not the first time she's done that either. Some stuff is just in bad taste. Again, I LOVE Nina, so don't come for me. It's just my two cents as a viewer.

***** can we get into Nina for a minute? Nina is probably my favorite Drag Race girl, I watch all her reviews. I find her so fascinating.

You're absolutely right that Nina doesn't think before she speaks, and I think she considers that to be an honest and virtuous characteristic, when really it's held her back a lot. In one of her recent reviews, Nina said she thinks World of Wonder may secretly be the ones harassing Mistress and Malaysia online to drum up publicity, because she had a hard time believing there were really so many unhinged people who would harass the girls. I'm sure I don't need to explain why that was one of the dumbest things I've heard so far this year, especially from Nina who is one of the main ones complaining about being harassed by the fans!

You're also very right that Nina complains a lot about her viewers not knowing all her past work or attending her past performances, which gets uncomfortable since obviously most of us don't know all her past work and haven't seen her live. Nina also complains a lot about viewers not tipping her for her videos, and she recently threatened to put all her videos behind a paywall, which again is uncomfortable and hypocritical. Nina herself views a lot of content online, and I know she's not out here paying everyone who makes it. I felt bad about this for awhile, and I considered trying to tip Nina like $1-2 every week like a mini-subscription service because she does make my favorite Drag Race reviews, but when Nina reads out her tips she usually makes unappreciative comments or jokes about small tips so I just stopped worrying about it. Nina's expectations in that regard are unrealistic.

I think Nina is naturally independent and combative, and she would benefit a lot from learning how to better manage those characteristics. I relate to her struggles as someone who is also naturally combative. The upside is that we are very capable at standing up for ourselves and speaking our mind, but there are some downsides and I think Nina would be happier if she more often chose to not be combative about things.

About All Stars, I have a theory that Nina lost interest in returning until she saw Ra'Jah on All Stars 6 (and later UKVTW also helped). Nina says a lot that she thinks Ra'Jah now is really phony in front of the cameras and sold the fans on this new fake-nice persona. This actually kind of came to head in real life a few months ago because Ra'Jah was at Roscoes when Naysha randomly said something insulting about Nina, and Ra'Jah didn't stand up for Nina despite them having been friends. Nina pointed to this as an example of how Ra'Jah is fake now, and how Ra'Jah will do anything for fan approval. I like Ra'Jah and I don't have an opinion one way or the other, I just added that in for context. Nina jokes a lot about how being phony on All Stars worked out great for Ra'Jah's career and says she's considering doing the same thing, and I'm starting to think Nina's only half-joking and really is considering it. I have a suspicion that money is becoming a bigger consideration for Nina over time (as it does for most of us as we age), and she really might go back to fake-apologize her way back into mainstream success, all for the money.

Yes this was a TL;DR post about Nina, and what about it

That post was mostly negative things about Nina so I just want to add on that I really love her, root for her and relate to her. Nina gives everything for me, she is my comedy queen, my fashion queen, my lip sync assassin, etc. I don't agree with everything Nina says but all the popular reasons to hate on her, like calling her transphobic or whatever else, are lies.

38 minutes ago, Solaris said:

***** can we get into Nina for a minute? Nina is probably my favorite Drag Race girl, I watch all her reviews. I find her so fascinating.

You're absolutely right that Nina doesn't think before she speaks, and I think she considers that to be an honest and virtuous characteristic, when really it's held her back a lot. In one of her recent reviews, Nina said she thinks World of Wonder may secretly be the ones harassing Mistress and Malaysia online to drum up publicity, because she had a hard time believing there were really so many unhinged people who would harass the girls. I'm sure I don't need to explain why that was one of the dumbest things I've heard so far this year, especially from Nina who is one of the main ones complaining about being harassed by the fans!

You're also very right that Nina complains a lot about her viewers not knowing all her past work or attending her past performances, which gets uncomfortable since obviously most of us don't know all her past work and haven't seen her live. Nina also complains a lot about viewers not tipping her for her videos, and she recently threatened to put all her videos behind a paywall, which again is uncomfortable and hypocritical. Nina herself views a lot of content online, and I know she's not out here paying everyone who makes it. I felt bad about this for awhile, and I considered trying to tip Nina like $1-2 every week like a mini-subscription service because she does make my favorite Drag Race reviews, but when Nina reads out her tips she usually makes unappreciative comments or jokes about small tips so I just stopped worrying about it. Nina's expectations in that regard are unrealistic.

I think Nina is naturally independent and combative, and she would benefit a lot from learning how to better manage those characteristics. I relate to her struggles as someone who is also naturally combative. The upside is that we are very capable at standing up for ourselves and speaking our mind, but there are some downsides and I think Nina would be happier if she more often chose to not be combative about things.

About All Stars, I have a theory that Nina lost interest in returning until she saw Ra'Jah on All Stars 6 (and later UKVTW also helped). Nina says a lot that she thinks Ra'Jah now is really phony in front of the cameras and sold the fans on this new fake-nice persona. This actually kind of came to head in real life a few months ago because Ra'Jah was at Roscoes when Naysha randomly said something insulting about Nina, and Ra'Jah didn't stand up for Nina despite them having been friends. Nina pointed to this as an example of how Ra'Jah is fake now, and how Ra'Jah will do anything for fan approval. I like Ra'Jah and I don't have an opinion one way or the other, I just added that in for context. Nina jokes a lot about how being phony on All Stars worked out great for Ra'Jah's career and says she's considering doing the same thing, and I'm starting to think Nina's only half-joking and really is considering it. I have a suspicion that money is becoming a bigger consideration for Nina over time (as it does for most of us as we age), and she really might go back to fake-apologize her way back into mainstream success, all for the money.

Yes this was a TL;DR post about Nina, and what about it

I love Nina too, but she is too stuck in her ways. I unsubscribed after her 20 minute rant about fish and Victoria Scone. She's just too misogynistic and transphobic to support.

46 minutes ago, EscapismRoars said:

I love Nina too, but she is too stuck in her ways. I unsubscribed after her 20 minute rant about fish and Victoria Scone. She's just too misogynistic and transphobic to support.

Girl

She was right about that idc

And how is she transphobic??? PLEASE do tell

Nice to see things haven't changed in my hiatus from this site. Some of y'all literally need to go touch grass. :rip: It's not fun or even entertaining reading people personally insulting each other back and forth over a silly show about drag queens. 

--

Anyway, I was a full Lady Camden stan from her iconic "MAAAXIIIIIIIIIINE" moment and wanted her to win, but after this performance, I wanted Willow to win. Being in this thread the last few pages reminded me of this. :gaycat5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.