RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

I’ll drop the name calling when you drop the racism, CONSTANT bashing of black queens, and insistence on quoting me when I’ve ignored your ass for literal months.

The only disrespectful thing I said about Bosco is that she’s an untalented flop which is actually a factual statement. No matter how much you try to twist and lie to paint it as transphobic because one of your precious white queens was being negatively commented on and that’s a clear trigger for you, it will never be the case. The mods here hate my ass and if what I did say was in anyway transphobic, they would’ve gave me the boot. 

Not writing off a talented black queen for an allegation isn’t the same thing as sweeping it under the rug. I know YOU would love to cancel every black queen the minute they mess up or a claim comes out about them, but I don’t operate that way. I looked into it, didn’t deny anyone’s claims, removed her from my avi and haven’t ******* posted about her since. Wtf else do you want? Actually don’t answer that because what I’m sure you want has thankfully been outlawed. 

spacer.png

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyra deserves a comeback. The bomb thing, even if it was a joke, was messed up and deserved to be taken seriously at the time - but in the pantheon of cancellable queens her actions are tame af.

For years, Sharon was still held in high esteem despite it being common knowledge that she was a racist with very questionable relationships with children. A similar thing is happening with Shangela now where the fanbase is just sweeping it under the rug in spite of multiple credible accounts of SA. 

Anyway, I think Tyra has made it clear she doesn’t want any association with Drag Race though so it’s a moot point. 

The tolerance of problematic behaviour has always been tied to how much the fanbase likes you. Tyra was never supported, largely because of a racist fanbase so it was easy to cancel her when she messed up.

But even to take race out of it, and Naomi basically alluded to this -  think about how Robbie Turner’s career was destroyed because she made up a story while other queens can get away with really ****** up behaviour because they’re popular. 

The only reason Sherry didn’t have a huge amount of supporters was because she was effectively erased from the show. If she made it to the end with a favourable edit, you would have posts and posts about it “wasn’t that bad what she did”. 

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

I’ll drop the name calling when you drop the racism, CONSTANT bashing of black queens, and insistence on quoting me when I’ve ignored your ass for literal months.

The only disrespectful thing I said about Bosco is that she’s an untalented flop which is actually a factual statement. No matter how much you try to twist and lie to paint it as transphobic because one of your precious white queens was being negatively commented on and that’s a clear trigger for you, it will never be the case. The mods here hate my ass and if what I did say was in anyway transphobic, they would’ve gave me the boot. 

Not writing off a talented black queen for an allegation isn’t the same thing as sweeping it under the rug. I know YOU would love to cancel every black queen the minute they mess up or a claim comes out about them, but I don’t operate that way. I looked into it, didn’t deny anyone’s claims, removed her from my avi and haven’t ******* posted about her since. Wtf else do you want? Actually don’t answer that because what I’m sure you want has thankfully been outlawed. 

spacer.png

A forum's main purpose is to discuss and quoting is way to keep the focus of the conversation, it's truly not that deep.

The way you are QUICK to label me as racist and constantly bashing black queens but are completely SILENT when I praise them, because that doesn't fit your narrative. Grow up, honestly, because it's embarrassing at this point and no one takes you seriously anymore.

I don't even f*cking care about Bosco, not now nor during S14 airing, but once again you're making assumption because it's the easiest thing to do just since I pointed out your comment towards her was questionable and that clearly hit a nerve. Mind you, I wasn't even the first to comment on that (there were already three other users that reacted negatively to your post) but @Relampago. and I got all the heat because you still can't get over something that happened almost a year ago.

Keep stanning whoever you want, I really don't care, but don't come here acting all brazen when your fave keeps pulling sh*t like this (from December 2022 and the redacted portion was Morgan's address, by the way):

image-11.png

Reminder that to some posters here, Bianca’s “fair share” for saying a queen lied about their r@pe is getting nothing but a few comments complaining on twitter and Reddit while remaining one of the most successful, rich, and beloved queens of the franchise and losing NO jobs because of it

But Tyra should be exiled completely 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Reminder that to some posters here, Bianca’s “fair share” for saying a queen lied about their r@pe is getting nothing but a few comments complaining on twitter and Reddit while remaining one of the most successful, rich, and beloved queens of the franchise and losing NO jobs because of it

But Tyra should be exiled completely 

spacer.png

Please quote the post where I said that, quickly.

As a certain someone once said:

22 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

If you have to lie to make a point, you have no point to begin with

80764815_ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).thumb.gi

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Hephaestus said:

Please quote the post where I said that, quickly.

35 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Bianca got her fair share of sh*t when that happened

bffr. "that" being:

35 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Bianca literally said Blair made up her r@pe story

23 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

The tolerance of problematic behaviour has always been tied to how much the fanbase likes you. Tyra was never supported, largely because of a racist fanbase so it was easy to cancel her when she messed up.

But even to take race out of it, and Naomi basically alluded to this -  think about how Robbie Turner’s career was destroyed because she made up a story while other queens can get away with really ****** up behaviour because they’re popular. 

The only reason Sherry didn’t have a huge amount of supporters was because she was effectively erased from the show. If she made it to the end with a favourable edit, you would have posts and posts about it “wasn’t that bad what she did”. 

This right here is the tea. I mean, racism obviously skews the favoritism in favor of white queens, but there’s definitely more to it than that. 

I mean even Trinity’s SheDevil controversy was bigger than Shangela’s SA allegations likely because of the backlash of the double crowning alone :rip:

An interesting case of cancellations is Trinity K and Nina. I’d say they’re basically around the same level of fame within the fanbase, but Nina is definitely more “cancelled” than Trinity despite them both having similar edits on their seasons (self-defeated, self-critical) and their controversies revolving around transphobia. There’s alot of parallels but I’d argue that it really is Nina who is far more cancelled.

16 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

A forum's main purpose is to discuss and quoting is way to keep the focus of the conversation, it's truly not that deep.

The way you are QUICK to label me as racist and constantly bashing black queens but are completely SILENT when I praise them, because that doesn't fit your narrative. Grow up, honestly, because it's embarrassing at this point and no one takes you seriously anymore.

I don't even f*cking care about Bosco, not now nor during S14 airing, but once again you're making assumption because it's the easiest thing to do just since I pointed out your comment towards her was questionable and that clearly hit a nerve. Mind you, I wasn't even the first to comment on that (there were already three other users that reacted negatively to your post) but @Relampago. and I got all the heat because you still can't get over something that happened almost a year ago.

Keep stanning whoever you want, I really don't care, but don't come here acting all brazen when your fave keeps pulling sh*t like this (from December 2022 and the redacted portion was Morgan's address, by the way):

image-11.png

No literally, it’s wild to see the hypocrisy. And that user, TheOnlyOne, who I have no personal beef with, swears that we are conspiring against them to take them down. 

I think I’ve literally butted heads with you more than them overall, especially in S14/AS7, but the difference is that it’s not personal it’s just chatting on a pop culture forum, we kiki then move along. It’s just too much :skull: 

Edited by Relampago.

58 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I don’t really get the backlash Tyra gets for “threatening” to bomb DragCon… did anyone believe she was really gonna do that? She was obviously just heated (justifiably) :skull: 

if demi lovato can still fly after putting that airline on blast, i don’t see why tyra can’t get a second chance at dragcon :gaycat6: 

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I was talking about "But Tyra should be exiled completely" :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

If queens like Sharon and Sherry are still rightfully held accountable for their actions, Tyra will be as well at least in my book.

3 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

No thank you

Like of course I'm sorry for all the sh*t she went through with the racist fans after getting crowned, but she has proven time and time again that she isn't able to learn from her mistakes and would rather blame everyone but herself for all the bad things that happen in her life/career.

Is it really that shocking though? After all the things she's done

the last one being in response to a tyra's comeback being labelled "unwelcome". how else are we supposed to interpret that statement when she literally appeared in drag publicly for the first time in years yesterday? sure, you may not have used the phrasing "Tyra should be exiled completely" but you have made it clear you think she's "unwelcome" in the drag (race) scene and should be held accountable for... not bombing drag con and facing ~13 years of racist abuse from the drag race fanbase. you also compared her to two queens who virtually have been "exiled completely" so...?

3 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

if demi lovato can still fly after putting that airline on blast, i don’t see why tyra can’t get a second chance at dragcon :gaycat6: 

Or Halsey threatening to bomb the One World Trade Centre :gaycat6:

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

the last one being in response to a tyra's comeback being labelled "unwelcome". how else are we supposed to interpret that statement when she literally appeared in drag publicly for the first time in years yesterday? sure, you may not have used the phrasing "Tyra should be exiled completely" but you have made it clear you think she's "unwelcome" in the drag (race) scene and should be held accountable for... not bombing drag con and facing ~13 years of racist abuse from the drag race fanbase

:clap3:

Dont let them gaslight you Queen. You’ve almost redeemed yourself for unjustly banning me! 

All I will say is that Tyra, Nina Bo Nina Brown, and anyone else dealing with mental health issues will continue to find themselves back where they started unless they’ve done the work to change and grow from trauma, even if it’s trauma they in no way deserved to experience. I’m happy to see them return in whatever capacity they see fit, but it’s on them to be at a place where they think they can navigate the industry without repeating bad habits. 

12 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

No literally, it’s wild to see the hypocrisy. And that user, TheOnlyOne, who I have no personal beef with, swears that we are conspiring against them to take them down. 

I think I’ve literally butted heads with you more than them overall, especially in S14/AS7, but the difference is that it’s not personal it’s just chatting on a pop culture forum, we kiki then move along. It’s just too much :skull: 

I had no beef with you nor did I give a **** about you until you deliberately tried to paint me as transphobic for a comment that explicitly was not. You showed your true colors then and when you decide to align with the most racist poster in this thread to malign me on some false bullshit.

For the millionth time, saying estrogen may help Bosco look prettier but won’t change her lack of talent is NOT transphobic and until you apologize for that bullshit you tried to perpetuate, you will always be garbage 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

the last one being in response to a tyra's comeback being labelled "unwelcome". how else are we supposed to interpret that statement when she literally appeared in drag publicly for the first time in years yesterday? sure, you may not have used the phrasing "Tyra should be exiled completely" but you have made it clear you think she's "unwelcome" in the drag (race) scene and should be held accountable for... not bombing drag con and facing ~13 years of racist abuse from the drag race fanbase

She's unwelcome TO ME, which is why she isn't getting any money or support FROM ME. We're expressing personal opinions here, I wasn't aware I have the power to make her "unwelcome in the drag scene" or "exile her completely" from it.

I know this isn't true for every queen, but a few cancelled queens (and individuals at large) are still working to this day. That doesn't mean that they aren't held accountable from a portion of the population, which was my original point.

I'm baffled that not supporting a queen that has shown problematic behaviours several times is such a controversial take.

King Tyra’s POWER in this thread

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

We definitely did, but it was just that: discussions on a forum. I truly can't imagine holding a grudge for so long, with a complete stranger over the Internet no less :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

She's unwelcome TO ME, which is why she isn't getting any money or support FROM ME. We're expressing personal opinions here

this is a non-point. nobody is alleging otherwise and we've both made it clear we're aware we're talking about your opinion

at least in my book.

16 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

you have made it clear you think

4 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I wasn't aware I have the power to make her "unwelcome in the drag scene" or "exile her completely" from it.

you don't, and nobody said you did. why suddenly move the goalposts when you are shown evidence that you said something you claimed not to have said to the extent that you then admit it in your following post?

6 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

She's unwelcome TO ME

Can yall just admit you don't like each other and keep it moving instead of going in this back and forth trying to get a "gotcha!" moment

mother-has-arrived.gif

Has anyone else noticed there’s no preview today? Are we not getting one or is it delayed because of President’s Day?

6 minutes ago, mindbender said:

Been thinking of Pandora. We need justice for her. She deserved top 4 for AS6.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.