RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

But…there’s no tension between Sugar and Spice, they’re twins and best friends not bitter rivals :rip: The tension comes from 1 of the twins going home and seeing how the other can operate on her own. That’s the real story and tension. Not seeing them together and using each other as a security blanket. 

They are charismatic but they are NOT well-rounded or talented queens. There’s no point in seeing more than 4 episodes of them together. We got to see their dynamic but having essentially the same performance and same runway twice in every episode is it exciting. 

Yes Sugar was technically 3rd worst and it should’ve been been Aura vs Spice but there’s no chance in hell Spice survives that lipsync and then we never get a twin showdown. Let’s be honest, Spice isn’t long for this competition either so it had to happen sooner rather than later. Just like Maddy last year, they are stunt casting meant to make headlines preseason not actual competitors with any chance to win the crown. We get the twins for 3 weeks, then solo Spice for another 2-4 to see if she excels or flounders before getting the boot. That’s the way better storyline anyway. 

Anyone can pretty much tell who the end-game queens are already based on talent and 3 challenges alone and trust neither twin was ever among that group. 

I would agree with this if it were like… top 9. But there’s so much filler left with many queens lacking well rounded qualities, including the ability to make good TV. Plus, we’ve had other seasons where people like Kandy make it to the end despite only offering good TV and nothing really outside of that. 

Let’s be honest, the Mistress/Twins storyline is by far the most interesting storyline this season thus far. I don’t think the season is ruined by losing Sugar, but Irene and Sugar being 2 of the first 3 out really does seem like a production misstep. 

• ATRL Moderator

In the snatch, loosey > mistress > Marsha > amethyst > anetra > sugar > Robin > Jax > Spice > Aura 

I’m not even including the others, they didn’t include more than 5 seconds of screen time for them

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I would agree with this if it were like… top 9. But there’s so much filler left with many queens lacking well rounded qualities, including the ability to make good TV. Plus, we’ve had other seasons where people like Kandy make it to the end despite only offering good TV and nothing really outside of that. 

Let’s be honest, the Mistress/Twins storyline is by far the most interesting storyline this season thus far. I don’t think the season is ruined by losing Sugar, but Irene and Sugar being 2 of the first 3 out really does seem like a production misstep. 

Exactly what I’m trying to say.  Waaaay too early!

4 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Sasha, Anetra, Mistress, and then either Loosey or Luxx for sure are the finale queens.  But I just feel like we really lost on a storyline.  Not tension between the twins but either a story line of “are they real drag queens or amities,” which we got in ep1 a bit, or them struggling with the judges on differentiating themselves.  A few judging debacles + drama with other queens, one of the twins leaving 10th or 11th place, and then the other one making top8/9 with her final few epsiode with the solo storyline you suggested would have been way better.  Spice is gonna be so boring now.  

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

Yeah but what neither of you are getting is that the twins ALREADY served bottom tier performance in a challenge with 13 queens left. There’s no chance in hell they could escape the bottom much longer, especially with less filler around. Even flops like Jax and Salina would 100% dog walk them in any lipsync. Hell even Aura and Amethyst could too. 

There’s no way you could finagle Spice out of lipsyncing this week and she’d lose no matter who you put against her so might as well do the twins now. The show would have to bank on the twins both flopping another challenge down the line but neither of them ever flopping individually before that which is impossible to predict or prevent. Even though this sub despises Salina (as do I), you can’t in any way shape or form say she deserved to bottom over them this week. At least her and Jax managed to crack 1 joke which you can’t say for the twins. Robin is a bore so you could maybe edit her in the bottom but it’d be absolute riggory and a complete disservice to a competent but boring queen. 

The difference between Coco vs Alyssa is you wanted to drag out their eventual lipsync to get moments of them together because as soon as they lipsync, the storyline is over. With the twins, the storyline is only half over when they lipsync because the real test and drama will be how the surviving twin does on her own. Even as 1, they will still have the exact same storyline with Mistress adopting them or other queens questioning the validity of their drag. Nothing changes by sending one home. 

2 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

oh this sad

She is my winner tbh, it DO take nerve, and I am GUILTY of saying she looked like Eureka so she's right twice!!

That confirms it, C.U.N.T. 

Mistress + Sugar & Spice will be the only stars of this season :sorry:

53 minutes ago, madonnas said:

I think we all were expecting a storyline with weeks of tension that would lead up to their lipsync.  Think coco and Alyssa.  They stayed so long to finally match off, and it was amazing and the culmination of a storyline.  The twins are charismatic and good tv, we as viewers lost hard when they did this on the third challenge for a snatch game they really didn’t even bomb hard.  

Just a huge loss of potential storyline we’re mourning, not really sugar herself (tho she did way better than spice in snatch and I’ll die on that hill).  

This is one of the few instances where production didn't rig things in favor of a storyline and we're still complaining? The twins were objecticely the worst in the challenge. Sugar was interrupting everyone to make a moment for herself which didn't work and Spice was awful all around, like Giggly and Phiphi in S4 bad.

I think it's way more interesting to see one of the twins left on their own without the support system of their sibling bc we might get to see another side of their personality that wouldn't be possible with both of them there

14 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Yeah but what neither of you are getting is that the twins ALREADY served bottom tier performance in a challenge with 13 queens left. There’s no chance in hell they could escape the bottom much longer, especially with less filler around. Even flops like Jax and Salina would 100% dog walk them in any lipsync. Hell even Aura and Amethyst could too. 

There’s no way you could finagle Spice out of lipsyncing this week and she’d lose no matter who you put against her so might as well do the twins now. The show would have to bank on the twins both flopping another challenge down the line but neither of them ever flopping individually before that which is impossible to predict or prevent. Even though this sub despises Salina (as do I), you can’t in any way shape or form say she deserved to bottom over them this week. At least her and Jax managed to crack 1 joke which you can’t say for the twins. Robin is a bore so you could maybe edit her in the bottom but it’d be absolute riggory and a complete disservice to a competent but boring queen. 

The difference between Coco vs Alyssa is you wanted to drag out their eventual lipsync to get moments of them together because as soon as they lipsync, the storyline is over. With the twins, the storyline is only half over when they lipsync because the real test and drama will be how the surviving twin does on her own. Even as 1, they will still have the exact same storyline with Mistress adopting them or other queens questioning the validity of their drag. Nothing changes by sending one home. 

If we can get Karen from Finance, Kim Chi or Pearl all the way to the finale, I have no doubt production could get Sugar/Spice to top 9.

I mean, Malaysia/Sasha/Anetra/Luxx/Jax etc were completely edited out of snatch game, and based on Luxx’s comments in Untucked, it seems like Malaysia probably flopped for one.

On top of that, Sugar kind of deserved a high spot last week for carrying her group if they really wanted to push the twins. And based on the first couple of challenges, Loosey shouldn’t be a threat because of her mega bomb in the talent show, but now she’s been high-win. 

The point is, this is TV and anything can happen based on what would bring the most value to the watchability of the show. There’s just no real benefit to the entertainment factor of the show to eliminate them when there’s so many far less entertaining queens left, especially after just eliminating another far more interesting one 2 episodes ago. 

Anetra kinda reminds me of Kameron lmao. Performance based queens that don't really shine on TV cause they're not that outgoing and loud vs other people on the cast

• ATRL Moderator

I really don’t think the twins bombed snatch game,

though.  They did alright, sugar on the better side, spice on the worse side. 

And I’m not opposed to payola.  I’m only opposed to it if it’s for a boring queen I don’t like.  I think the twins are interesting enough for both of them to make top 10/11 easily.  

25 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

She is my winner tbh, it DO take nerve, and I am GUILTY of saying she looked like Eureka so she's right twice!!

That confirms it, C.U.N.T. 

Same, Mistress is HIGH DRAG and at such a young age. I was so happy to see Ru praise her so heavily this episode and put her as a favorite of his. 

She would be a perfect winner, especially to watch the nasty fans FUME.

Being the best of a HORRIBLE group =/= carrying your team 

Loosey shouldn’t be a front runner despite placing in the top 2 out of 3 weeks and being the hands down snatch game winner :deadbanana2:

The twin stans are really suffering from delusion I fear. Then again I guess you have to be fairly delusional to ever stan them in the first place 

spacer.png

Jax's runway was good too, there is something magnetic to her, I think I WANT to see growth and thats good.

I feel like he's recently out and once he opens up.......ya know.... he will get the ***** he needs.

4 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

The amount of arguing in here over (mostly) men in wigs :rip: 

This is actually kind of the most peaceful this thread has been compared to other seasons :deadbanana: 

12/13/14 was just endless aggressive essays and draggings, like, every day. This time around at least the essays are mostly cordial. Don’t even get me started on AS5/6 and ESPECIALLY 7. 

Edited by Relampago.

4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

This is actually kind of the most peaceful this thread has been compared to other seasons :deadbanana: 

12/13/14 was just endless aggressive essays and draggings, like, every day. This time around at least the essays are mostly cordial. Don’t even get me started on AS5/6 and ESPECIALLY 7. 

Oh sis, you are right. As much as I love my girl Monet, I get triggered when I see her name pop up :rip:

it's not like storyline matters this time around when the episodes are literally a slideshow. if they cared about storyline then irene wouldn't have been sent home first.

I'm still so pissed with MTV for forcing Drag Race to cut out a lot of stuff. It's so obvious a lot of things are missing that is compromising the quality of the episode and season overall. I hope to God that the WeHo show bombs so hard that it has to be canceled.

Just now, publikcitizen said:

I'm still so pissed with MTV for forcing Drag Race to cut out a lot of stuff. It's so obvious a lot of things are missing that is compromising the quality of the episode and season overall. I hope to God that the WeHo show bombs so hard that it has to be canceled.

Do we know when we’ll get the ratings for how it did? 

The production should have left Sugar for longer, Aura or Amethyst should go home. At least Sugar has personality and she's nice to watch with her twin.

5 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Do we know when we’ll get the ratings for how it did? 

Monday.

36 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Jax's runway was good too, there is something magnetic to her, I think I WANT to see growth and thats good.

I feel like he's recently out and once he opens up.......ya know.... he will get the ***** he needs.

The skin tones weren’t matching at all :chick1:

Before claiming queens are boring and offering no value, can we wait for them to actually get some screen time. Alot of these queens you guys are claiming are boring have not said a word since episode 1. That’s not their fault, its productions. It could also be that sugar/spice are getting so much screen time because they are leaving in the first half of the season, and future front-runners (even Anetra/Sasha) story-lines are being saved for part 2 of the season.

Let’s wait until top 10 to see how the story lines evolve, because the storylines you guys are trying to push are the same reasons you complained about other queens being forced to the end. LBFFR, if Sugar and Spice had been safe this episode, there would have been just as much complaining about production pushing instagram twinks to the finale.

46 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

The amount of arguing in here over (mostly) men in wigs :rip: 

Who no?

sasha?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.