RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

12 hours ago, madonnas said:

it felt like a premature ejaculation

mte

10 hours ago, Claymore said:

You can see Amethyst thinking that she's turning the party just because she has a slim body. Some pads would balance that nose out though.

PRISON HONEY :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

10 hours ago, unino said:

the if way aura and amethyst got the first 2 boot, this season would slay :jonnycat:

Exactly :jonny5:

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:
oh this sad

The entire thread though. She really let them know :clap3:

vh

The fat and poc part though. Marcia twinks, what y’all doing? 

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

To be fair, they didn't say they didn't tell their parents they do drag :rip: They said their parents had a negative reaction about their drag, made them feel embarrassed, etc., so they felt isolated. And honestly, looking at the parents' reaction in this video, I can see it :rip: They're only talking about Paprika looking scary, weird, etc. It's not like they're gagging.

Anyway, Paprika for season 16! :gaycat4:

Yeah, I understand skepticism to the twins, but some critiques feel like unfair projection.

Some focus on how long they've done drag, but they're not the newest queens (Luxx started around the same time, Amethyst and Marcia after). And it's not like queens who have been doing drag for 6-7 years versus 3-4 are substantially better (Poppy, Robin, Jax, Aura, Salina, etc.).

It also feels shitty for people to theorize they're lying. Anyone would agree Mistress being kicked out is worse than what the twins went through (that we know). But it'd be silly to think not going through what Mistress did means the twins couldn't have grown up feeling shame for being feminine. Or that their liberals parents, who they only came out to in 2018, a year before starting drag, aren't as comfortable when gay culture is right in their face. 

What matters is that Nina Bonina Brown has given Sugar her seal of approval:

KckFLLl.png

#BedroomQueens :bird:

50 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

oh this sad

But you do look like Eureka. 

Edited by Blade Runner

6 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

But you do look like Eureka. Move on. 

That's all you managed to get out of her tweets? :doc:

If they were intent on cutting the show to 60 mins, they should have casted less queens. 

Amethyst, Aura, Robin and Poppy are all complete filler and losing them would have given us such a better opportunity to get to better know a leaner cast.

Edited by jinzo

Mistress is the star of the season. The rat fanbase is always trash, and for Marcia of all people too. 

In fact, there’s been so much backlash for Sugar and Spice stanning meanwhile Poppy and Amethyst also tried to plug their TikToks. Marcia is also very talented but her drag is as dry and basic as it gets. At least the twins have the polish and a very clear drag perspective. It’s really hard to argue they aren’t passionate about drag because the level of polish and branding they have after just 2 years of doing drag is kind of insane.

Amethyst and Poppy are the clear clout chasers, Sugar/Spice are just really good at what they do. Idk what to think about Marcia really, but I could not imagine going to war for her. She’s a more invisible version of Jan and Rose and slightly more likable, but it’s clear Ru is tired of the failed BFA girls and so am I.

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Mistress is the star of the season. The rat fanbase is always trash, and for Marcia of all people too. 

In fact, there’s been so much backlash for Sugar and Spice stanning meanwhile Poppy and Amethyst also tried to plug their TikToks. Marcia is also very talented but her drag is as dry and basic as it gets. At least the twins have the polish and a very clear drag perspective. It’s really hard to argue they aren’t passionate about drag because the level of polish and branding they have after just 2 years of doing drag is kind of insane.

Amethyst and Poppy are the clear clout chasers, Sugar/Spice are just really good at what they do. Idk what to think about Marcia really, but I could not imagine going to war for her. She’s a more invisible version of Jan and Rose and slightly more likable, but it’s clear Ru is tired of the failed BFA girls and so am I.

And to be clear, I know people are gonna talk about “THE WIG WAS LIFTING” and such, but if you think the Twins are visually less polished than some of these other girls, idk what to say :skull: 

I hate to drag a girl down, but I just know Jax is gonna Jorgeous some of these lipsyncs and I can’t stand it. Mediocre/awful every week and staying around cause of performing ability. Hopefully her and Salina double sashay.

20 minutes ago, jinzo said:

If they were intent on cutting the show to 60 mins, they should have casted less queens. 

Amethyst, Aura, Robin and Poppy are all complete filler and losing them would have given us such a better opportunity to get to better know a leaner cast.

Producers had no idea until the last minute, they were blindsided by MTV. The shoddy rushed, editing is evidence. 

Reported the post above. Please put that in spoiler tags.

2 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

Reported the post above. Please put that in spoiler tags.

The way I already know who I’m gonna give my -5 in the 2023 rate :whistle:

Last nights episode sure was something ... I really do miss the 90 episodes (NO MORE WEHO!)

Loosey, Mistress, and Marcia were indeed top 3 on snatch game (even enjoyed the little bits that we saw from amethyst, sasha, anetra, and malaysia)

As for the runways, Sasha and luxx CLEARED!!! like whew

Finally, as much as both sugar and spice bombed this week, I would honestly put salina/robin/aura in the bottom over sugar (she cracked me up in the first half)

It disappoints me as a Stanetra to admit she hasn’t done a single thing remarkable since her iconic talent show. Bland runways and bland performances in the past 2 challenges. 

I need her to step it up asap because she’s letting other girls overtake her a bit 

spacer.png

Wait the Salina spitting moment omg :biblio:

Vile, I did not notice that during the episode. 

I do agree with the consensus that Mistress is so far coming off the best. So of course the awful fandom is treating her horribly :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

The girls in here crying and reaching to have riggory conspiracy theories about why their untalented white twink faves shouldn't have been in the bottom :ahh:I need a gif of Spice hitting her head with the hammer cause a lot of yall are the literal personification of that moment 

Based on all 3 challenges + runways so far:

Sasha > Loosey > Luxx > Anetra > Marcia > Mistress >>> Salina > Malaysia > Robin > Jax > Spice >>>> Amethyst & Aura

I think we all were expecting a storyline with weeks of tension that would lead up to their lipsync.  Think coco and Alyssa.  They stayed so long to finally match off, and it was amazing and the culmination of a storyline.  The twins are charismatic and good tv, we as viewers lost hard when they did this on the third challenge for a snatch game they really didn’t even bomb hard.  

Just a huge loss of potential storyline we’re mourning, not really sugar herself (tho she did way better than spice in snatch and I’ll die on that hill).  

They really said NO PAYOLA this season huh… poor miss Suga

Rooting for Mistress to win so far. Loving what she’s bringing to the competition.

3 minutes ago, madonnas said:

I think we all were expecting a storyline with weeks of tension that would lead up to their lipsync.  Think coco and Alyssa.  They stayed so long to finally match off, and it was amazing and the culmination of a storyline.  The twins are charismatic and good tv, we as viewers lost hard when they did this on the third challenge for a snatch game they really didn’t even bomb hard.  

Just a huge loss of potential storyline we’re mourning, not really sugar herself (tho she did way better than spice in snatch and I’ll die on that hill).  

But…there’s no tension between Sugar and Spice, they’re twins and best friends not bitter rivals :rip: The tension comes from 1 of the twins going home and seeing how the other can operate on her own. That’s the real story and tension. Not seeing them together and using each other as a security blanket. 

They are charismatic but they are NOT well-rounded or talented queens. There’s no point in seeing more than 4 episodes of them together. We got to see their dynamic but having essentially the same performance and same runway twice in every episode is it exciting. 

Yes Sugar was technically 3rd worst and it should’ve been been Aura vs Spice but there’s no chance in hell Spice survives that lipsync and then we never get a twin showdown. Let’s be honest, Spice isn’t long for this competition either so it had to happen sooner rather than later. Just like Maddy last year, they are stunt casting meant to make headlines preseason not actual competitors with any chance to win the crown. We get the twins for 3 weeks, then solo Spice for another 2-4 to see if she excels or flounders before getting the boot. That’s the way better storyline anyway. 

Anyone can pretty much tell who the end-game queens are already based on talent and 3 challenges alone and trust neither twin was ever among that group. 

2 hours ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

oh this sad

Although i am rooting for her to possibly get the crown, she could have stopped at the first paragraph.

You can't guilt trip people into creaming over you or your looks because they are "expensive and custom made". Let any "WhiTe TWinKzz" say that they'd be dragged to hell and back.

Mind you, she was very much praised by every review show i've watched for those looks. :huh:

We're all organically falling in love with you, what more do you want ? To force us into liking you even more ? :huh:

4 hours ago, Guy12345 said:

Ru's looks this season are painfully ugly :deadbanana2:

Her face and body is such a 10/10 in drag, she is like a perfect doll, so she can literally get away with the ugliest gowns because they're custom on her perfect frame.

21 minutes ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

They really said NO PAYOLA this season huh… poor miss Suga

And yet Sasha’s and Anetra’s snatch games were scrubbed from the edit. Hmm. Love them but Hmm.

Not to mention Miss Tetas scraping by every week. 

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

But…there’s no tension between Sugar and Spice, they’re twins and best friends not bitter rivals :rip: The tension comes from 1 of the twins going home and seeing how the other can operate on her own. That’s the real story and tension. Not seeing them together and using each other as a security blanket. 

They are charismatic but they are NOT well-rounded or talented queens. There’s no point in seeing more than 4 episodes of them together. We got to see their dynamic but having essentially the same performance and same runway twice in every episode is it exciting. 

Yes Sugar was technically 3rd worst and it should’ve been been Aura vs Spice but there’s no chance in hell Spice survives that lipsync and then we never get a twin showdown. Let’s be honest, Spice isn’t long for this competition either so it had to happen sooner rather than later. Just like Maddy last year, they are stunt casting meant to make headlines preseason not actual competitors with any chance to win the crown. We get the twins for 3 weeks, then solo Spice for another 2-4 to see if she excels or flounders before getting the boot. That’s the way better storyline anyway. 

Anyone can pretty much tell who the end-game queens are already based on talent and 3 challenges alone and trust neither twin was ever among that group. 

Sasha, Anetra, Mistress, and then either Loosey or Luxx for sure are the finale queens.  But I just feel like we really lost on a storyline.  Not tension between the twins but either a story line of “are they real drag queens or amities,” which we got in ep1 a bit, or them struggling with the judges on differentiating themselves.  A few judging debacles + drama with other queens, one of the twins leaving 10th or 11th place, and then the other one making top8/9 with her final few epsiode with the solo storyline you suggested would have been way better.  Spice is gonna be so boring now.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.