RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Bianca and Adore both dragging Salina's Snatch performance AND her runway :clap3: :clap3:

(Bianca is still not a great host though. "Have you ever had a nightmare?" Wtf kind of question is that? :toofunny3:)

I was expecting a Bianca/Adore pit stop to be more chaotic and crazy since they're friends. 

4 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

It should have been Aura vs Salina imo and they should have saved Spice as bottom 3 and Sugar safe. (And you guys know i’m an Aura stan, but facts are facts.) Salina’s second half was cringeworthy and she had a terrible runway for the millionth time. Aura’s runway would have worked better if they did not skip to the immediate reveal.

I also think Aura’s tagalog joke could have worked if it were a little better executed and Ru did not immediately torpedo it 😵💫.

But honestly the twins being in the bottom is justifiable, and the people complaining about storyline complain every year that producers are pushing certain queens for storyline purposes. This storyline can actually set up a Spice win with a “came in ready to tackle the competition with each other, had to eliminate my twin, grew as a drag queen with Mistress as my mother, rose to the top four with Mistress (Bianca), Spice (Adore), Sasha (Brooklyn Heights) and Anetra/Loosey).

However, if we go that winners always have a win in the first half if the season, Spice and Mistress need wins in the next three episodes.

Oh yeah it's definitely not the most rigged moment ever or anything and it's hard to say for sure who did the worst when u only see an edited version. Sugar, Spice, Aura and Salina all bombed but I thought Sugar's impersonation was at least sort of OK. Where as Spice was nothing like Miley and all her gags fell flat. I agree Salina was also really bad I just felt Spice and Aura both completely failed to even closely impersonate the people they were portraying. Though Salina didn't have to portray a specific personality so i guess she had it easier and still flopped. I'm not super mad about it I just don't think Sugar deserved to be in the bottom. :rip:

Why are Bianca’s guests all baked? :bibliahh:

From her quoting Latrice verbatim, to her exact outfit Gaga cosplay, Amethyst has not a lick of originality or point of view from her drag.

She needs to go ASAP.

4 hours ago, Bicassie said:

I bet that Sasha probably did the worst out of everybody there. They never showed her character and in interviews she alluded to being bad at snatch game or having had struggled through it. I smell some very slick riggory happening right under our noses :foxaylove2:

Something about this episode feels very produced to me and that’s why the twins lipsyncing right now felt off…

Not me finally agreeing with you on something! These shorter episodes definitely made it easier the force the idea that Sugar and Spice flopped harder than everyone else. I could tell with the focus being entirely on them in the 2nd snatch game, they would be lipsyncing. But I definitely noticed who was getting left out of the edit.

8 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Snatch Game was... Better than I expected?

Loosey slayed as I predicted. I told you to not sleep on her, that Dolly impersonation in last week's episode was spot on and if she dared to "waste" it on an acting challenge she surely had something better up her sleeve. Gagged at Mistress, didn't expect her to do so well. I did expect Marcia to do well however, but she kinda impressed me anyway. The rest was varying degrees of meh or straight up bad.

I feel some type of way about the judging this season though. I'm sorry but the constant Marcia critiques (or should I say, straight up reads) are infuriating. You can tell they can't wait to boot her off but she's talented enough they can't justify putting her in the bottom 2 (yet). Like first it was the make up, so she started to paint bigger, then the focus shifted on the outfits. I get it, she's not the draggiest drag queen out there, but they're doing so much on her when she's completely fine. Meanwhile you get b*tches like Salina that's serving boo boo the fool week after week and manages to slide by unscathed or Robin who has zero C.U.N.T. despite having somewhat polished looks. One would think they'd encourage actual talented queens to grow and improve their craft instead of people whose's career is built around connections and friends of friends.

Also making the twins lip sync so early was a bad move, from every perspective. First of all we didn't get to know them well enough, so the whole thing didn't end up being the gaggy and iconic moment it could've been (because we all knew it was gonna come eventually). Second of all, they were bad, sure, but so were a lot of the other queens. Salina and Aura could've easily been bottom 2 and no one would've been mad at it for example, but somehow they get saved every week for whatever reason (especially compared to Sugar and Spice who have done well enough in the first couple weeks). On top of that, we barely even saw Sasha, Luxx, Anetra, Malaysia and Robin in the challenge so I'm sure at least a couple of them did bad enough to justify a bottom placement.

The lip sync was camp though and I'm so impressed they managed to choreograph it, especially after seeing Untucked where it looks like they didn't rehearse it at all. There's something that makes them so charming. I went into this thinking they would weaponise their TikTok fame to get more following, but now I think they actually want to be drag queens and be respected for it more than some of the other girls around. They’re doing drag because they enjoy it and want to have fun, that's commendable. That discussion in Untucked broke me, I never in a million years would've expected them to have an unsupporting family.

I am ATRL user Hephaestus and I have something to say: MTV's Drag Race f*cked up drag! :angry:

The tea in this post is HOT from start to finish :clap3: 

It was time for one of the twins to go, the coordinating outfits again are truly such a letdown
Now only Spice will wear them so we won't get basically the same outfit in different colors twice on the runway anymore

3 hours ago, Bicassie said:

So the Marcia stans got Mistresses insta taked down :deadbanana2:

Nina Bonina Brown and Marcia are currently calling out the fan’s behavior :clap3:

You guys what happened.  How and why did this happen?  Racially motivated or what jk jk. 

39 minutes ago, Morissette said:

I was expecting a Bianca/Adore pit stop to be more chaotic and crazy since they're friends. 

Not this being the best Bianca pit stop which is not saying much because this was still worse then what Katya gave Monet to work with last year. The fact Monet’s worst pit stop is still miles better then Bianca’s best…Choices. Perm-hire Monet for this gig, period! 

Edited by manwhore

Saliva stds grosses me out. Wtf was that? Was she trying to clean her breastplate or something?

Edited by dumbsparce

• ATRL Moderator

if anyone has a title suggestion let me know bc i don't and it's gonna be Supersize Snatch Game otherwise :rip: 

The fact did the supersize likely so that most queens can get a chance but some queens probably talked for like 10 sec :dies:

20 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

if anyone has a title suggestion let me know bc i don't and it's gonna be Supersize Snatch Game otherwise :rip: 

"At least say a funny line, b*tch" :)

Edited by Hephaestus

20 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The tea in this post is HOT from start to finish :clap3: 

I was so heated it ended up being a textwall but I don't care, someone had to say it :supaspaz:

14 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Saliva stds

:toofunny2:

18 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

“Canned Bits”

59 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

From her quoting Latrice verbatim, to her exact outfit Gaga cosplay, Amethyst has not a lick of originality or point of view from her drag.

She needs to go ASAP.

Tea, it's the same with the twins. If you've seen a Bratz doll, you've seen their drag. Ban AI generator queens pls!

It feels like I am watching a summary of the show like this way :skull:

Salina was cringe on the challenge and looked terrible on the runway  they shouldve just sent her home  its too early to send the twins home

Yea adore was bad

she hasn’t watched a single episode in years likely 

edit : the way she said drew Barrymore as if it wasn’t done last year

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

The girls in here crying and reaching to have riggory conspiracy theories about why their untalented white twink faves shouldn't have been in the bottom :ahh:I need a gif of Spice hitting her head with the hammer cause a lot of yall are the literal personification of that moment 

Based on all 3 challenges + runways so far:

Sasha > Loosey > Luxx > Anetra > Marcia > Mistress >>> Salina > Malaysia > Robin > Jax > Spice >>>> Amethyst & Aura

the twins' story in untucked seemed pretty genuine. although their family might be ok with it now (or even by the time that YT video was posted), it read more as unhealed trauma from the start of their journey with drag. y'all need to chill with the "they're overselling it for TV"

as entertaining as a lot of them are, there's very clearly 5 queens in the cast that come across way more polished. and despite Irene being a surprise first out, I feel like the final four is super obvious

• ATRL Moderator

Based on all 3 challenges + runways so far:

Sasha > Loosey > Anetra > Mistress > Marcia > Luxx > Robin > Malaysia > Spice > Jax > Salina > Aura > Amethyst

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.