RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

My first post ever had to be in the thread I'm gonna be entering the most. Can't wait to see how this season unfolds cause the cast is fresh, talented and not afraid to talk **** which I love. Based on that, I'm sure you have already realised I identify as an OS12H and you're right, I do. Also, Symone is THEE best contestant across all franchises.

I can not wait for the new episode just to see king Anetra's handsome face in the confessionals :chick1:

2 hours ago, madonnas said:

Idk… wasn’t she born / raised in LA? I don’t see the big deal?  Forgive me if I’m being ignorant.  Her style is just giving Los Angeles to me.  

I don’t see the problem either. Mexican or not she is Latino and grew up in LA 

5 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

Aja is definitely speaking out of envy.

She also came for Drag Sethlas from España S2 for jumping from a box in her talent show. There’s nothing ballroom about that - just plain jealousy that people were impressed with something she had also done :deadbanana4:

First a Jump that she did on all stars that has already been done  — critiques España girl 
+
Second incorporates elements of ballroom and a duck (very-slow) walk  — critiques Season 15 girl

=things aja did for all stars. 

I’m a good judge of character. I knew the kind of girl she was when she interrupted Valentina’s shine in untucked and at the reunion. 

Edited by manwhore

4 hours ago, Bimbo said:

The amount of mexican flags and mexican pride under this tweet :rip: she's got them all fooled :rip:

I’m still not sure why Mexican people are also gatekeeping Selena and chola culture as only reserved to Mexicans. Central Americans are more aligned to Mexican culture then most in Latin America. I don’t see the issue.  The assumption she’s Mexican is not shocking in fact expected, but what I don’t understand is why people think she’s being fraudulent by liking Selena and the Chola aesthetic. 

drag race fans are so extreme. Holy shhh

anyways she’s not my cup of tea and that’s ok but the way she got a toot and nothing but praise from FPR and William and Alaska is beyond triggering.  Something tells me they all became Salina’s friend bc she is Frankie Grande’s bff.  Latching*  very LA

Edited by manwhore

3 hours ago, madonnas said:

Idk… wasn’t she born / raised in LA? I don’t see the big deal?  Forgive me if I’m being ignorant.  Her style is just giving Los Angeles to me.  

14 minutes ago, manwhore said:

I’m still not sure why Mexican people are also gatekeeping Selena and chola culture as only reserved to Mexicans. Central Americans are more aligned to Mexican culture then most in Latin America. I don’t see the issue.  The assumption she’s Mexican is not shocking in fact expected, but what I don’t understand is why people think she’s being fraudulent by liking Selena and the Chola aesthetic. 

drag race fans are so extreme. Holy shhh

I kind of had the same thought. I know Chicano/a culture is largely dominated by Mexican-Americans and relates specifically to us but as a Mexican-American myself I just don’t see the issue with Salina’s act. The chola/chunti girl aesthetic and attitude she’s putting on is exactly the same as the girls I grew up with. Not all of them were Mexican, most were, but a lot came from different Latin countries as well. 

Chicano culture on paper does relate specifically to Mexican-Americans, but in practice, it’s definitely not exclusive to us, and I think most people who live in inner city, Latino dominant areas would agree with that. 

On the subject of Anetra, I respect that the ballroom scene needs to be gatekept in some way so the art is not diluted, but Anetra’s performance really doesn’t warrant the criticisms and vitriol. Leiomy is a legend, but there’s no need to make petty subtweets when a girl was just getting her flowers. There obviously some hurt there given that Legendary is cancelled, but there was no real critique given to Anetra and no chance for her to improve. Leiomy and Aja could have approached this in a way that actually addresses why ballroom culture needs to remain in tact, but it didn’t come across as productive conversation at all, especially cause Anetra’s performance wasn’t horrible at all. Her performance has a net positive impact on Ballroom, by bringing attention to it, but obviously still having a reverence for the art. That doesn’t mean it was perfect, but completely invalidating the performance is more of a bitter move than a helpful one. 

Edited by Relampago.

7 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I kind of had the same thought. I know Chicano/a culture is largely dominated by Mexican-Americans and relates specifically to us but as a Mexican-American myself I just don’t see the issue with Salina’s act. The chola/chunti girl aesthetic and attitude she’s putting on is exactly the same as the girls I grew up with. Not all of them were Mexican, most were, but a lot came from different Latin countries as well. 

Chicano culture on paper does relate specifically to Mexican-Americans, but in practice, it’s definitely not exclusive to us, and I think most people who live in inner city, Latino dominant areas would agree with that. 

On the subject of Anetra, I respect that the ballroom scene needs to be gatekept in some way so the art is not diluted, but Anetra’s performance really doesn’t warrant the criticisms and vitriol. Leiomy is a legend, but there’s no need to make petty subtweets when a girl was just getting her flowers. There obviously some hurt there given that Legendary is cancelled, but there was no real critique given to Anetra and no chance for her to improve. Leiomy and Aja could have approached this in a way that actually addresses why ballroom culture needs to remain in tact, but it didn’t come across as productive conversation at all, especially cause Anetra’s performance wasn’t horrible at all. Her performance has a net positive impact on Ballroom, by bringing attention to it, but obviously still having a reverence for the art. That doesn’t mean it was perfect, but completely invalidating the performance is more of a bitter move than a helpful one. 

I agree RE the Anetra comments. I understand the sensitivity and importance of keeping the authenticity of ballroom in tact, but agreed where is the constructive crisitism? where’s the tweets that are actually trying to inform and educate rather than putting another queer artist down? Where was the outrage for the plethora of white queens who truly did (whether on purpose or not) made a mockery of duck walking/voguing. I said it earlier in this thread but it’s giving me the same energy as my local ballroom scene. If you’re not directly a part of it and don’t understand all of it they don’t give you much space to try and learn and appreciate, rather they just shut you down/out and get on this ‘holier than thou’ bs. 

• ATRL Moderator

There is a difference in how Leoimy and Aja handled their opinions.

1. Leiomy is by far the biggest name still involved in ballroom.  She's a legend.  Aja, not so much.

2. As far as I can tell, Leiomy never called out Anetra by name, just mentioned the contestants noguing for their lives.  

3. Leoimy said her peace and hasn't really mentioned the drama since January 9.  Aja is still talking about this as of 4 hours ago.  

7 minutes ago, khalyan said:

There is a difference in how Leoimy and Aja handled their opinions.

1. Leiomy is by far the biggest name still involved in ballroom.  She's a legend.  Aja, not so much.

2. As far as I can tell, Leiomy never called out Anetra by name, just mentioned the contestants noguing for their lives.  

3. Leoimy said her peace and hasn't really mentioned the drama since January 9.  Aja is still talking about this as of 4 hours ago.  

The cackle I let out!!! :bibliahh:

Random but does anybody have that Utica comedic legend, lip sync assassin, etc. gif by any chance :dies:

3 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Random but does anybody have that Utica comedic legend, lip sync assassin, etc. gif by any chance :dies:

i was looking for it too the other day they scrubbed ha off the internet :bibliahh:

40 minutes ago, CroNich said:

I agree RE the Anetra comments. I understand the sensitivity and importance of keeping the authenticity of ballroom in tact, but agreed where is the constructive crisitism? where’s the tweets that are actually trying to inform and educate rather than putting another queer artist down? Where was the outrage for the plethora of white queens who truly did (whether on purpose or not) made a mockery of duck walking/voguing. I said it earlier in this thread but it’s giving me the same energy as my local ballroom scene. If you’re not directly a part of it and don’t understand all of it they don’t give you much space to try and learn and appreciate, rather they just shut you down/out and get on this ‘holier than thou’ bs. 

Specifically, this has been brought up a lot, and it has been requested that both Dragrace and Todric Hall stop using vogueing in their productions. Anetra is not the first drag race girl called out, as this happens every year. (I.e just see the drama sub from last year). Is that scene full of themselves sure. But the drag race queens have been called out every year since Shangela did a dip in Season 2 and called it a death drop, which to this day people still get wrong BECAUSE OF DRAG RACE. It’s not an Anetra thing, its a drag race/Todrick thing.

47 minutes ago, hammer said:

:WAP:

Bops :jonny: 

Salina, Luxx, Aura, Poppy and Amethyst 

rose-mc-gowan-i-dont-like-her.gif

Edited by willmcclure9

• ATRL Moderator

I thought Salina was sus ever since she said "Latinx" in the first episode but let me not :ducky:

I'm not trying to be ignorant but can someone explain how or why Hondurans or other central americans don't belong in "chola" culture? Is it strictly Mexican? I do feel a bit duped by Salina, why not bring Honduran culture to the show?? 

11 minutes ago, Morissette said:

I'm not trying to be ignorant but can someone explain how or why Hondurans or other central americans don't belong in "chola" culture? Is it strictly Mexican? I do feel a bit duped by Salina, why not bring Honduran culture to the show?? 

It’s just been something very connected to Mexican-Americans, so it was just a surprise to many that she’s Honduran. I mean I think it’s whatever but yeah, I was surprised too. Anyway I think we should look into what else she’ll bring. We’ve just seen a single entrance/runway look.

• ATRL Moderator

The number of BOOTs Raven gave out on FPR :lmao:I don't agree with all of her takes, but they were funny to watch.

- ROUND 1 - 

e2b3f8b7de9574a7776b39c102c2a447efac532c

It's A-N-E-T-R-A

26f84f4dd2d6ba26bf741b7934a9af6740b60731

6 Letters and 3 Vowels

111778e7-d762-4272-b2f1-67af3573fbfe-2.gifc07e42c8f47df56bf28b04ecd1346f71.gifgiphy.gif?cid=6c09b952857ef64cae2c56a159c1f50b8cc1905f6ffe0c20&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

anigif_sub-buzz-2396-1613610513-1.gifviolet-chachki.gif967a8870378939d6d410afdd34419415f4b5483b.gif

My name is ANETRA ladies and gentlemen

And I'm here to wear your p*ssies OWWWWTT

d70fffdc89ad6bbcbd503c4c733d30496ae895bf

YOU BETTER WALK

THAT F*CKING DUCK

DUCK WALK

c6e96985a019ae4941ed26e9f17f439c2cf663ec

QUACK QUACK

QUACK QUACK

YOU BETTER WALK THAT F*CKING DUCK

0fd9ecc5f25b9e01aa888721156be4a146877609

Oh her knees! Look at her go!

6ba306c62ef8fb911c444b7c76845c506a283465

DO YOU SMELL THAT?

IT SMELLS LIKE SOMETHING'S BURNING

IS THAT...MY P*SSY?

2ce05ad80624d91920f2dbb2e68e7c9dad2ea49f

YES! 

IT IS!

ITS BURNING

27c945a0f5bcca506cd14bda25c94c4a338a62cc

OH MY GOD ITS ON FIRE!

DOES ANYONE HAVE LIKE OINTMENT

OR LIKE A FIRE EXSTINGUISHER?

f59d675c6088d398a9aa834c14c3448a374ab39c

Happy one week anniversary to the rise of a Drag Race Legend and the best talent show number of all time for all those who celebrate :heart2:

13 hours ago, Relampago. said:

No Chicano is going around screaming about quinceañeras while dressed as a cholo. Stop it. The tumblr/tik tok Latinos who glorify cholo or n*rco aesthetics without really being about that life don't count. :sistrens:

S15 already being far more iconic than S13-S14 thanks to Anetra her talentshow :heart:

This season feels like an EVENT again in the gay world and it’s been a LONG time since I’ve been excited for a new Drag Race episode :jonny5:

The twins and Sasha Colby are also keeping me hooked so far :heart2:

Edited by Whis

It’s so cool Vegas FINALLY has a good drag race girl. I’d never seen her perform here but also I never went to her home bar that often but clearly I was missing out on the talent  

Edited by Gavin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.