RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Anyway, back to S15. I can't wait to see how the acting challenge will turn out. I just hope it won't be a bore and that there won't be questionable judging involved.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Hephaestus said:

Anyway, back to S15. I can't wait to see how the acting challenge will turn out. I just hope it won't be a bore and that there won't be questionable judging involved.

wait is it an acting challenge? i thought it was more like the club/hotel type of challenge

In case anyone is interested...

spacer.png

The biggest rate of the year is back! Join us as we judge, rank and rate actual living human beings based on whatever superficial criteria we can think of - for our entertainment! Having two more seasons than 2021, we'll now be ranking a whopping total of 118 queens, 19 more than last year's lineup. It would be nice if you had watched at least half of the seasons (there are 7 English language seasons for the subtitlephobic) to give an objective score. Ballot submission is now officially open. Submit your scores using the link below:

https://forms.gle/TYuMZWKpvUH2hAK58

RULES:

• Rate each queen from 0 to 10.
  • You may rate one queen from each season an 11.
  • You may skip rating queens from seasons you haven't seen yet.
  • At the end of the form, you may rate your Queen of the Year a 15. However, the queen must be someone you didn't give an 11 to.
  • You may also rate your Drag of the Year a -5.
  • Troll moderately. Suspiciously skewed scores will be rejected.

Deadline of submission is on January 13, 2023.

Head over to the main thread for more information.

Edited by genetic fail

1 minute ago, publikcitizen said:

wait is it an acting challenge? i thought it was more like the club/hotel type of challenge

Did I get it wrong? I fully thought it was an acting challenge :huh:

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

They have to prepare a script by themselves, so it is not a regular acting challenge. 

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

Hmm maybe it's a branding challenge. Because it looks like they have to create their own heaven like they did on AS with the clubs and hotels. And they have to market it aka the infomerical part mentioned by Ru. 

6 minutes ago, Afferty said:

Yeap you keep saying that, wish I didnt delete (post S7) part of my post

9 seasons (15 if we count All Stars), 1 queen

Great work, keep on going

27c945a0f5bcca506cd14bda25c94c4a338a62cc

I'll be just happy to see even only a "positive comment" about a white queen by you at this point. You know, sometimes they deserve it.

But all of these are behind now, I promised myself to not get into these kind of arguments again (not easy for me as you see)

Aaand I will be just talking about S15 from now onn, because it looks too promising. 

What do you think about Marcia's talent show? I think she did fantastic!

Always moving the goal posts I see

spacer.png

For the record was literally team Willow for all of S14 after the only star of the season, Kornbread left. Yes even…shock…over a black queen in Angeria :skull:

Funny how y’all NEVER question the posters who exclusively stan white twinks every year but so many of you have SO much to say about me mostly stanning black queens. Especially when I’ve almost exclusively stanned Anetra so far this season and have said little to nothing about Robin, Luxx, Malaysia, or Jax. Funny how that works huh?

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Afferty said:

They have to prepare a script by themselves, so it is not a regular acting challenge. 

This might be interesting then, Italia S2 had something similar and it ended up being quite entertaining.

2 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Hmm maybe it's a branding challenge. Because it looks like they have to create their own heaven like they did on AS with the clubs and hotels. And they have to market it aka the infomerical part mentioned by Ru. 

Makes sense, could be very interesting then! To be fair, S14’s commercials and Daytona Winds challenges were very entertaining, I hope S15 gets something on that level.

I hope it’s not another Save a Queen challenge like S14 where they write around a stupid concept. Those challenges (like acting) are way too restrictive and usually result in flat performances that are difficult to judge. 

Give us more Super Teaser challenges where the queens can let loose with their creativity.

And to get back on S15, from someone who hasn’t even said a word about Loosey, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out WoW’s very predictable editing. They clearly cast 4 Connecticut girls for a reason and considering Amethyst is a flop who’s likely the next out based on her talent alone and Jax is unpolished as hell, one of Robin or Loosey is likely gonna go far just to carry out that storyline. Anyone who is a critical thinker and pays attention can spot at least 2-3 finalists from episode 1 most seasons. It’s obvious because production picks most the damn finalists before the season even begins filming :skull: Y’all gonna really pretend you didn’t know Symone, Mik, Gigi, Angeria, Willow, etc were finalists from their premieres?  Be for real

Y’all act like people clocking the same edit they’ve repeated for 30+ seasons is spoilery, as if we all didn’t know there’d be a Coco vs Alyssa lipsync on S5 from day 1, just like there will probably be a Sugar vs Spice lipsync and a Robin vs Amethyst one as well because that makes sense story wise. That’s not spoilers just common sense. Just like y’all can predict whoever they show struggling in the preview is probably gonna do well because 9 times out of 10 it’s a fake out. Hell, half the time you can tell who’s gonna win or be in the bottom from the 5 minute preview alone :rip: 

Sugar & Spice have such a supportive family, no wonder they are emotional mature and dealing well with the other queens poking fun of them 

45 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Always moving the goal posts I see

spacer.png

For the record was literally team Willow for all of S14 after the only star of the season, Kornbread left. Yes even…shock…over a black queen in Angeria :skull:

Funny how y’all NEVER question the posters who exclusively stan white twinks every year but so many of you have SO much to say about me mostly stanning black queens. Especially when I’ve almost exclusively stanned Anetra so far this season and have said little to nothing about Robin, Luxx, Malaysia, or Jax. Funny how that works huh?

spacer.png

Moving the goal to where girl? Backwards? I just said "let only stanning", you dont even make "positive comments" about white queens.

Is Anetra even white Lol? I thought she was probably Japanese. I am this clueless/blind innocent naive person when it cames to races and you dare to call me a racist. :celestial: 

I also tought Willow was Asian at the beginning of S14 djdjd. (Btw I dont remember that you preferred Willow over Angeria back then but anyways, if you say so.. :eli: )

The problem is not you mostly stanning black queens......

Really, it is not that! Go and enjoy them, cheer for them, celebrate them, show us how great they are! make me, someone who comes from a way too different culture, understand why you love them! But while doing that, dont try to put other queens down, dont try to manipulate our views, and dont treat the way you do to people who dont share your view on these queens. Dont use too harsh words!

but, anyways, haven't we already discussed it waay too many times??

You've already said plenty of times you stan for Luxx (and Sasha) this season though. Lets be true to ourselves.

Ugh this discussion is so tired, I feel sorry for other members who has to go through it. I dont want to act it like I will be saying the last words, you can still quote me, but this way my last post I promise.

This season gives me so positive vibes, I dont want to be involved in any negattivity and dont want to cause any negativity on this thread. I'm just excited for this queens :duca: -except Loosey, she looks as unnecessary in this cast as Jan on AS6, just screams that does not belong there-

Edited by Afferty

13 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Y’all gonna really pretend you didn’t know Symone, Mik, Gigi, Angeria, Willow, etc were finalists from their premieres?  Be for real

Interesting discussion.

I am being real, from these queens I only knew Mik would definitely make it to top4 lol. 

Gigi was too boring, and she would've been a second The Fame/Blair kind of queen

Symone the same

Angeria?? Total surprise. Willow? I thought she would be the early-out Asian queen of the season like Yuhua/Soju or Rock em :skull: I thought Kornbread, Bosco, Kerri and Jorgeous(?) would be the top4 for S14 lol. 

When you check out the spoilers and see queens after that, it becomes very clear for you, but before reading the spoilers and not knowing anything about the queens, it is not that easy.

12 minutes ago, Afferty said:

Moving the goal to where girl? Backwards? I just said "let only stanning", you dont even make "positive comments" about white queens.

I am this clueless innocent naive person when it cames to races and you dare to call me a racist. 

Is Anetra even white Lol? I thought she was probably Japanese. I am this clueless/blind innocent naive person when it cames to races and you dare to call me a racist. :celestial: 

I also tought Willow was Asian at the beginning of S14 djdjd. (Btw I dont remember that you preferred Willow over Angeria back then but anyways, if you say so.. :eli: )

The problem is not you mostly stanning black queens......

Really, it is not that! Go and enjoy them, cheer for them, celebrate them, show us how great they are! make me, someone who comes from a way too different culture, understand why you love them! But while doing that, dont try to put other queens down, dont try to manipulate our views, and dont treat the way you do to people who dont share your view on these queens. Dont use too harsh words!

but, anyways, haven't we already discussed it waay too many times??

You've already said plenty of times you stan for Luxx (and Sasha) this season though. Lets be true to ourselves.

Ugh this discussion is so tired, I feel sorry for other members who has to go through it. I dont want to act it like I will be saying the last words, you can still quote me, but this way my last post I promise.

This season gives me so positive vibes, I dont want to be involved in any negattivity and dont want to cause any negativity on this thread. I'm just excited for this queens :duca: -except Loosey, she looks as unnecessary in this cast as Jan on AS6, just screams that does not belong there-

That’s such a blatant lie to say I don’t say anything positive about white queens :rip: I literally have white queens in my signature, and some are in my top 10 queens of all time. Y’all get SO triggered by me obviously stanning black queens that y’all flat out LIE to prove your nonexistent points. Funny how that upsets some of y’all SO much. It really says a lot more about y’all than it does about me. 

First it was I never stan white queens, then when I gave an explicit example, it wasn’t recent enough. When I say I was rooting for a white queen *just last year* you conveniently don’t remember it. That is the definition of moving the goal post :skull:

Funny how I never once called you racist yet why do you jump to that conclusion so fast and say I did? Actually, go ahead and find where I’ve flat out called anyone in here racist. You won’t cause it didn’t happen. But as they say, hit dogs DO holler. 

I will have to add you to the “don’t feed the trolls list” cause you must be one since I don’t think any person can be this dense. Now we’re instructing me on *how* to stan black queens to not upset the fragile white lovers? :ahh:

I won’t even touch on you saying Anetra is Japanese or Willow is Asian :deadbanana2: cause god forbid I address racial issues in this thread but just know I clocked it. 

Feel free to never quote me again

spacer.png

all i have to say re: spoilers is that a lot of y’all truly act like it’s not so incredibly obvious from the first episode who does well in the season :toofunny3: it’s been that way pretty much ever season post season 7. production is not very subtle … if someone is getting an inordinate amount of confessionals during an episode , or even just shots of them relative to the amount of people still in the competition , they are likey in the top or bottom of the episode. that’s not even a spoiler !!! it’s just the way TV works !!! :toofunny3: 

have y’all also never noticed that the queens that they hype up on The Pit Stop end up being the ones that do well in a season ??? it’s literally not a spoiler, simply observational, to correlate that at the end of The Pit Stop when the host asks the guests who they think will end up winning the season , it always ends up being a batch of girls from the top 6~ and maybe one potential fan favorite. y’all are truly production’s dream audience being so unaware and doe-eyed about everything it’s a lil silly tbh :toofunny3: 

21 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

And to get back on S15, from someone who hasn’t even said a word about Loosey, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out WoW’s very predictable editing. They clearly cast 4 Connecticut girls for a reason and considering Amethyst is a flop who’s likely the next out based on her talent alone and Jax is unpolished as hell, one of Robin or Loosey is likely gonna go far just to carry out that storyline. Anyone who is a critical thinker and pays attention can spot at least 2-3 finalists from episode 1 most seasons. It’s obvious because production picks most the damn finalists before the season even begins filming :skull: Y’all gonna really pretend you didn’t know Symone, Mik, Gigi, Angeria, Willow, etc were finalists from their premieres?  Be for real

Y’all act like people clocking the same edit they’ve repeated for 30+ seasons is spoilery, as if we all didn’t know there’d be a Coco vs Alyssa lipsync on S5 from day 1, just like there will probably be a Sugar vs Spice lipsync and a Robin vs Amethyst one as well because that makes sense story wise. That’s not spoilers just common sense. Just like y’all can predict whoever they show struggling in the preview is probably gonna do well because 9 times out of 10 it’s a fake out. Hell, half the time you can tell who’s gonna win or be in the bottom from the 5 minute preview alone :rip: 

It's also common sense that the knowledge that a user is active in the spoiler thread makes any claim about the obviousness of an edit a very near truth statement about the placement of the queens. It changes the somewhat certainty (which is exactly what can make an elimination shocking!) to near absolute certainty, and that makes all the difference. There was no doubt in my mind that Valentina got a top three edit in season 9, yet that lip sync happened.

To be engaged in a reality competition, you don't want to be cheated with edit, but you also don't want to be completely sure -- it releases all the tension. And I personally enjoy drag race enough to not care about being spoiled, but why not respect that some people want to go in blind. If you're spoiled, just refrain from making any 'predictions' or vaguely allude to placements, even if the edit is obvious. It is really not that hard.

10 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Funny how I never once called you racist yet why do you jump to that conclusion so fast and say I did? Actually, go ahead and find where I’ve flat out called anyone in here racist. You won’t cause it didn’t happen. But as they say, hit dogs DO holler. 

spacer.png

You reported me for racism and I received 3 months ban :zzz: 

Even Asian people wondered if Willow was Asian (read comments 

and here it is said Anetra has Japanese roots https://rupaulsdragrace.fandom.com/wiki/Anetra

She is such a great queen  I love love love loved her performance this week :duca:

Edited by Afferty

13 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Early out Asian queen 

:deadbanana4:

spacer.png

It is not my fault they undeservingly sent Asian queens home too early. 

From the preview, they better not send Poppy home, I think she's kinda endearing. :gaycat3:

6 hours ago, Rotunda said:

Tbh we need to have a larger discussion about how so many recappers are not paying attention to the show. Whether it’s Pit Stop, YouTube channels, or podcasts - so many of these girls are obviously talking about a show they don’t really want to watch. 

For sure. Whoever is in charge of casting for the Pit Stop has to stop casting queens like Katya. She doesn't watch the show, stop trying to make it happen. :rip: She might bring the views, that's why she's there, but she has nothing to add to the discussion. 

I'm not even sure casting Bianca was a good choice, to be honest.

The way Monet stanning caused all this. You know you that b*tch when you cause all this conversation. :bird: 

With that said, my top 4 is Luxx, Anetra, Spice and Marcia atm. Love Sasha but she disappointed me a bit episode one. I can see her winning a ball, and her comedic timing was surprisingly good this episode (despite getting little screen time) so I’m looking forward to what she brings. But atm, she’s resting on her legacy cause I don’t think her performance warranted the praise it’s gotten. It was good, but I expected a little more from THEE Sasha Colby.

Amethyst needs to GO ASAP. Crunchy drag and boring lipsyncs.

4 minutes ago, KaledKalil said:

For sure. Whoever is in charge of casting for the Pit Stop has to stop casting queens like Katya. She doesn't watch the show, stop trying to make it happen. :rip: She might bring the views, that's why she's there, but she has nothing to add to the discussion. 

I'm not even sure casting Bianca was a good choice, to be honest.

Absolutely. Also stop casting Jinkx and Dela if they are going to show up stoned off their **** or not give any actual critique :deadbanana4: 

We’ll see how Bianca does as a host. She was dealing with bad guests this week but generally I think she tries to hard to be “on” when doing these gigs. Monét is the GOAT for Pit Stop. She keeps it light and fun and manages the guests really well. She has effortless charisma with everyone. Trixie is also good for that. 

Trixie and Monet are my favorite Pit Stop hosts. They can just click with anyone and bring good banter every time. 

8 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The way Monet stanning caused all this. You know you that b*tch when you cause all this conversation. :bird: 

With that said, my top 4 is Luxx, Anetra, Spice and Marcia atm. Love Sasha but she disappointed me a bit episode one. I can see her winning a ball, and her comedic timing was surprisingly good this episode (despite getting little screen time) so I’m looking forward to what she brings. But atm, she’s resting on her legacy cause I don’t think her performance warranted the praise it’s gotten. It was good, but I expected a little more from THEE Sasha Colby.

Amethyst needs to GO ASAP. Crunchy drag and boring lipsyncs.

Sasha has done nothing on the show to earn a THEE before her name like legend, icon, RuPaul successor, and best winner of all time THEE Symone. An obvious spoiler on your end :eli:

Also reporting you for spoilers since you have a black queen in your top 4 and we know that according to the girls in this thread that’s not allowed.  

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.