RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Also love Marcia, but it’s not like she’s serving Dakota S. Marcia looks almost identical in and out of drag with a more basic aesthetic.

I can see her upping her makeup though, cause she’s extremely talented otherwise. I can see her winning the Rusical tbh. If she can do that, I can see her going very far.

Marcia gives me Blair 1.0’s disposition with Rosé’s skill set (and deficiencies)

Edited by Rotunda

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Marcia gives me Blair 1.0’s disposition with Rosé’s skill set (and deficiencies)

Is this shade :-* 

The preview was cute. The challenge sounds really cool. It's an opportunity for a memorable moment to happen. 

1 hour ago, genetic fail said:

No more mini challenges :noparty:

Maybe we will get some later on when there are less contestants. Right now, there are too many queens. Maybe when we get to the top 10 or 9?

The girls are fighting :lakitu:

8 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

The girls are fighting :lakitu:

Ooh... :sistrens:

Honestly, it was probably that Amethyst wasn't interested and so Robin was uninterested too. But Amethyst is definitely fudging the story a bit by saying she cut it off. I kind of wanna know the tea though, we'll see what comes out. 

Luxx is so ****ing funny on socials, I love her :ahh: 

3 hours ago, khalyan said:

What I do remember were people who liked Monet were told they were only liking Monet because of potential spoilers and not because Monet is a likeable/good queen.  

The whole thread understood that certain member was trying to make "monet" look like she was the best throughout the whole episodes just to claim she was deserved winner of the season, and make fun of "that member's obsession" and not Monet, yet you still only remember we were only saying it because liking Monet was only possible if someone read spoilers. :skull: I guess you were one of the mods that accused me of racism because of that. So sad that you are so naive.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

The spoiler discussion is so tired tbh. The same people who hated Jinkx and her fanbase before AS7 even started filming were the same people who hated her during the season and likewise for Jinkx/Monet stans/haters (see: winners rate from early last year). The Monet stans are the avid Sibling Rivalry patrons who always mention Bob and Monet here. Jaida got a charity star (inflating her record) and was bombing in multiple challenges that weren’t design related. Monet was high like… every week. Note how people weren’t mentioning Shea as a threat at all despite the fact she was heading for top 4, it was all just people dragging her. The reality is that Jinkx and Monet are pretty divisive queens, while girls like Viv, Raja, etc are mostly liked without a lot of inbetween.

The recent example I can think of is Loosey praise, but those girls who were praising her are from her area and have seen her in real life, so of course they’re gonna stan. Also, let’s not forget that Drag Race edits girls in certain ways so it’s really not hard to see who’s gonna flop hard and be filler. Like despite the fact that Jax did well episode one, does anyone see her actually making it to the end? Bless her soul, she has some rough drag, despite her performing ability. And none of this is a spoiler, these are just easy interpretations to make after seeing about 25 seasons of this show :skull: 

Just let people stan and don’t read too much into it. But that’s all I really want to say. 

I haven’t seen spoilers and I will be floored if Jax makes it past the top12.  No offense to her though.  

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Also love Marcia, but it’s not like she’s serving Dakota S. Marcia looks almost identical in and out of drag with a more basic aesthetic.

I can see her upping her makeup though, cause she’s extremely talented otherwise. I can see her winning the Rusical tbh. If she can do that, I can see her going very far.

She was amazing on the first episode but they have already warned her for the makeup, I can see them making it an issue all season long :weeps:

6 minutes ago, Afferty said:

The whole thread understood that certain member was trying to make "monet" look like she was the best throughout the whole episodes just to claim she was deserved winner of the season, and make fun of "that member's obsession" and not Monet, yet you still only remember we were only saying it because liking Monet was only possible if someone read spoilers. :skull: I guess you were one of the mods that accused me of racism because of that. So sad that you are so naive.

only for that same member to actually spoil the season and get exposed as a frequent poster in the spoiler thread :rip:

3 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

the ONLY people implying spoilers are the ones who somehow have the power of deciphering and time to keep tabs on everyone's stan lists. why is this energy only directed at popular black queens?

I missed this post earlier, but I really want to address it because this narrative that people only stan black queens because of spoilers is tired and absolutely false, a complete lie that a single user has fabricated to cover the fact that he had been spoiling stuff for weeks before they finally got reprimanded for it. Just because they keep repeating it (just as they keep saying users they disagree with are racist), doesn't make it true.

You really don't have to keep tabs on users, the queens they stan or the fact they visit the spoiler thread to notice that same user put a queen of S15 in their sig weeks (months?) before the cast was announced. Like, no one is going through every word to look for potential spoilers, most often than not it's literally there for anyone to see. The majority of us have been here for years and we are able to discern if someone is simply speculating or they're actually dropping hints.

• ATRL Moderator
48 minutes ago, Afferty said:

20 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I missed this post earlier, but I really want to address it because this narrative that people only stan black queens because of spoilers is tired and absolutely false, a complete lie that a single user has fabricated to cover the fact that he had been spoiling stuff for weeks before they finally got reprimanded for it. Just because they keep repeating it (just as they keep saying users they disagree with are racist), doesn't make it true.

You really don't have to keep tabs on users, the queens they stan or the fact they visit the spoiler thread to notice that same user put a queen of S15 in their sig weeks (months?) before the cast was announced. Like, no one is going through every word to look for potential spoilers, most often than not it's literally there for anyone to see. The majority of us have been here for years and we are able to discern if someone is simply speculating or they're actually dropping hints.

I’m not sure why this is still being discussed, months after the original conclusion and hours after we stopped talking about it again. 

People were allowed to like Monet.  While one member did share a few spoilers (and were properly warned for doing so) it’s still factual that people quickly jumped on anyone who liked Monet and blamed anyone who liked her as being spoiled.  Have y’all considered people just like Monet?  And why is this always an issue with black queens?

It’s not “tired and false” it’s a sad fact that some members are so shocked that others can stan black queens for reasons outside of Drag Race performance. 

And to reiterate what I said earlier, discussion about spoilers belongs in the spoiler thread, and that includes this faux outrage over “discrete spoilers” in this thread because a few posters have said they like a certain queen. 

5 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I’m not sure why this is still being discussed, months after the original conclusion and hours after we stopped talking about it again. 

People were allowed to like Monet.  While one member did share a few spoilers (and were properly warned for doing so) it’s still factual that people quickly jumped on anyone who liked Monet and blamed anyone who liked her as being spoiled.  Have y’all considered people just like Monet?  And why is this always an issue with black queens?

It’s not “tired and false” it’s a sad fact that some members are so shocked that others can stan black queens for reasons outside of Drag Race performance. 

And to reiterate what I said earlier, discussion about spoilers belongs in the spoiler thread, and that includes this faux outrage over “discrete spoilers” in this thread because a few posters have said they like a certain queen. 

Let me ask you a very fair question

Name one white queen that certain member stans

Quickly.

Ooor nevermind, I'm also very tired of this discussion.

I was only very heartbroken that you quickly jumped into this conclusion about me. 

Lets discuss this amazingly looking season from now on :celestial6:

Edited by Afferty

Omg Anetra picked Sasha first for the challenge she must know something we don’t 

this convo is so tired :rip: over stanning an actual drag legend 

Edited by Rigalo

Not people keeping track of my signature now :ahh: It's giving OBSESSED. God forbid I actually enjoy DRAG and follow and support drag queens before they get on a TV show.

For the record, it didn't take spoilers to know Jaida was no threat to win the competition. She barely even won her original season despite deserving to and anyone with a brain could tell no matter how well she did, WoW was not going to crown the LEAST followed American queen for the All Winners season. She, Yvie, Raja, and Viv never even stood a chance prior to joining the season and it's not a coincidence the 4 least followed just so happened to be the bottom 4 queens.

And for the record, I don't call *everyone* racist. There just happen to be a LOT of racist people in this thread, especially the ones who claim I only like certain black queens because of spoilers. Especially when I've been in this thread longer than anyone and supported Monet even back when she was crunchy as hell on S10, was team her over Monique in AS4 which was very unpopular, and have paid the ***** $5 a month for the past 3+ years on patreon. I get mouthy and warned often because I find the racially-coded commentary disgusting and I don't let it go unchecked but trust and believe that little warning above this thread isn't because of me. A LOT of you make those seemingly innocent comments just like that Tabbi Kat did about Robin on Mera Mangle's show and then cry your eyes out when I call out you being suspiciously anti-black in most of your commentary. 

27c945a0f5bcca506cd14bda25c94c4a338a62cc

22 minutes ago, Afferty said:

Let me ask you a very fair question

Name one white queen that certain member stans

Quickly.

I was literally the biggest Violet stan on this entire forum during S7 and anyone around back then knows that. 

There definitely is a playing dumb spoiler trend in here. Like the way everyone is raving about Loosey is suspect. I personally think she should have been bttm two this week along Irene but Ru likes giving older queens grace/leeway and plus she probably had an amazing snatch game aligned and Ru wants her for that or the possible drama with the Connecticut girls.  Nothing from the two part premiere  should have led anyone to believe she's a dark horse unless you are reading spoilers. Shes polished and!? 

Anyways in the new preview.  The way everyone underestimates Mistress Jax and S&S. That "losing" group looks like they will surprise. 

Edit oh God. Not me now going to get labeled agesist for this take on Loosey. Was going to edit that but I think  this observation is fair to have and not that scandalous kiddos. 

Edited by manwhore

• ATRL Moderator

God, if they really try and push Loosey like they did Rose/Jan

Connecticut really ruined drag 

32 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

I was literally the biggest Violet stan on this entire forum during S7 and anyone around back then knows that. 

Yeap you keep saying that, wish I didnt delete (post S7) part of my post

9 seasons (15 if we count All Stars), 1 queen

Great work, keep on going

I'll be just happy to see even only a "positive comment" about a white queen by you at this point. You know, sometimes they deserve it.

But all of these are behind now, I promised myself to not get into these kind of arguments again (not easy for me as you see)

Aaand I will be just talking about S15 from now onn, because it looks too promising. 

What do you think about Marcia's talent show? I think she did fantastic!

Edited by Afferty

59 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I brought it up because it's something that I see posted often (by the same user, mind you) and it's simply not true. It's related to a very specific incident that has actually resulted in a user getting warned (hence people jumping on the Monét hate train), but unfortunately I see it has caught on like it's something that happens regularly while it really hasn't, even in other international Drag Race threads.

If you really believe that people (the majority, at least) are genuinely upset that black queens have stans or that if someone stans a black queen they must be into spoilers (something you already debunked yourself with the Jaida example), I don't know what to tell you.

I've told you this earlier, but it's very weird to suggest unspoiled people to discuss/complain about potential spoiler in this thread in the spoiler thread. Unspoiled users don't visit that thread because they don't want to get spoiled nor they want to see them in the regular thread, plain or hinted. Again, I know there's no simple solution to the issue but I honestly don't understand how you expect that to work because it makes no sense. I'm sorry but I certainly won't enter that thread if there's some suspicious stuff I'd wish for the mods to take a look at.

This is really it from me on this discussion.

It's giving white savior complexity :rip:

OT: Anetra's performance is laced with drug :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.