RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Subomie said:

As someone who has ventured into spoiler threads for many past seasons (but not this one :duck:), you can definitely see some users being a little unsubtle with things at times. The Jaida on AS7 thing was a good example, acting like she wasn't worth a thing when she was leading right til the last two-three episodes.

This is what I’m saying :michael: I have not once entered the spoiler thread but every week anyone who cheered on Jaida was told they were fake stanning and Monét was the real threat. It was as subtle as a sledgehammer. 

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

I stanned Jaida all AS7 and nobody ever told me I was fake stanning or that I was wasting my time or anything like that. 

What I do remember were people who liked Monet were told they were only liking Monet because of potential spoilers and not because Monet is a likeable/good queen.  

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

What are you talking about? When did I say I know who posts in the spoiler thread? I genuinely don’t. I speaking to posts in this thread only. Please don’t call me creepy because I read between the lines in the last season’s discourse. I am not following any users posts here. 

Maybe it was a coincidence that users somehow figured out Jaida would be chopped and Monét would win four stars in the last two episodes. 

Anyway, this is beginning to derail the thread which wasn’t my intention. Again, I had meant nothing specifically about stanning Sasha just that it’s irritating to pick up on hints on the season progression. 

How can you read between the lines if you don’t even know who’s been spoiled or not?  That takes so much energy to attempt to track that most people don’t even have.  

It’s shameful that some members can’t let other members enjoy the queens they like without claiming they only do so because spoilers told them to.  

11 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I stanned Jaida all AS7 and nobody ever told me I was fake stanning or that I was wasting my time or anything like that. 

What I do remember were people who liked Monet were told they were only liking Monet because of potential spoilers and not because Monet is a likeable/good queen.  

Because Jaida wasn't actually a contender to the crown, that's why.

The only people who got constant hate were Jinkx and Monét (like, from the moment the cast was announced, literally), because they were the finalists and some people knew it. This eventually trickled down to the rest of the users as the season went on, with Monét fans trying to convince that she was still winner material despite being literally in the last place until the very last episodes. There's no need to read between the lines when some people don't even try to hide what they're doing :skull:

And just to be extra clear, no one's trying to dictate who each user is allowed to stan or not, but when someone goes out of their way to make weirdly specific comments towards certain queens, there's usually a reason behind it.

Edited by Hephaestus

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

The only people who got constant hate were Jinkx and Monét (like, from the moment the cast was announced, literally), because they were the finalists and some people knew it. This eventually trickled down to the rest of the users as the season went on, with Monét fans trying to convince that she was still winner material despite being literally in the last place until the very last episodes. There's no need to read between the lines when some people don't even try to hide what they're doing :skull:

Basically this. The vitriol for both Monét and Jinkx from their antis was so disproportionate (even pre-season) that it was plain as day. It’s a losing battle because if you say some users are sus for their predictions etc. then you are accused of being spoiled (or creepy) too :deadbanana4:

Anyway, it’s part and parcel of this thread. I will dip out if things get too on the nose again. 

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

And just to be extra clear, no one's trying to dictate who each user is allowed to stan or not, but when someone goes out of their way to make weirdly specific comments towards certain queens, there's usually a reason behind it.

There were only one or two posts in AS7 that drifted into potential spoilers, but we already have members here claiming that people only like Sasha because of potential spoilers

1. Plenty of people, you and me included, like Sasha because she’s just a good queen irregardless of how she does on this season

2. Bringing up that people only like a certain queen because of spoilers is a spoiler in itself, that’s why I said take it to the spoiler thread.  

• ATRL Moderator

why are we dredging up months-old drama that was dealt with at the time?

sasha is a drag legend. let the tiktok fans stan her, performatively or not. that doesn't impact whether or not people are spoiling in this thread. let other members stan her. the ONLY people implying spoilers are the ones who somehow have the power of deciphering and time to keep tabs on everyone's stan lists. why is this energy only directed at popular black queens?

if the mods decide spoilers are being posted in here we'll deal with it. it's been ONE episode where ten queens (including other queens who are already gaining traction in this thread) were safe :skull:

2 minutes ago, khalyan said:

There were only one or two posts in AS7 that drifted into potential spoilers, but we already have members here claiming that people only like Sasha because of potential spoilers

1. Plenty of people, you and me included, like Sasha because she’s just a good queen irregardless of how she does on this season

2. Bringing up that people only like a certain queen because of spoilers is a spoiler in itself, that’s why I said take it to the spoiler thread.  

Again, I'm not arguing that the comments towards Sasha are necessarily spoiler material (despite understanding where some of the criticism is coming from). They might be for all I know but I see Sasha as a Bianca/Bob level of queen joining the show so I can't really blame anyone for assuming she'll go far.

I agree that discussing what might be a spoiler could be a spoiler in itself, we've seen it with AS7, I just don't think discussing it in the spoiler thread is a good idea because that exposes people who want to stay unspoiled to even more spoilers, that's why in my original post I suggested reporting and/or reaching out to a moderator as an alternate solution.

nnnn, one queen already has a lot of screen time in those five minutes

top or bottom placement incoming i guess :duck:

2 hours ago, KaledKalil said:

I watched the whole thing yesterday, not paying too much attention but still. As I said earlier, it was like Tabbi wasn't paying attention to the episode, even missing jokes and things that were very obvious. Like the zipper thing from Vivacious, saying that Ariana was having a hard time with it missing the whole point. To quote Alexis's "have you seen the show, Tamar?". So her comment was even more out of nowhere since Robin was quite nice every second she had screentime.

Tbh we need to have a larger discussion about how so many recappers are not paying attention to the show. Whether it’s Pit Stop, YouTube channels, or podcasts - so many of these girls are obviously talking about a show they don’t really want to watch. 

8 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Anetra's team looks solid :jonnycat:

I don't understand why they're picking on Marcia's make up so hard. Yes it's more one the subtle side, but the b*tch's mug looks right so leave her alone!

You can tell this episode is 45 minutes the way they got straight to the business with the challenge. I’d say there will be very few mini challenges this season. 

Shocked that no one chose Mistress. She would probably be my first pick. 

Ever since Bob said Lucy has a woman’s voice I can’t unhear it :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Tbh we need to have a larger discussion about how so many recappers are not paying attention to the show. Whether it’s Pit Stop, YouTube channels, or podcasts - so many of these girls are obviously talking about a show they don’t really want to watch. 

This. That was my main concern with Bianca hosting The Pit Stop. Even if she watches the season, there's years worth of content and references she isn't able to pick up on the spot and that's why Drag Race super fans like Trixie/Bob/Monét/Alaska will always be the better options, both on the commentary and the interactions with guests' side.

50 minutes ago, khalyan said:

With that said, there was a Monét stan who was obviously dropping spoilers last season, and I say that as someone who’s always spoiled but goes out of my way to make sure I’m not dropping hints 

Just now, Hephaestus said:

Anetra's team looks solid :jonnycat:

I don't understand why they're picking on Marcia's make up so hard. Yes it's more one the subtle side, but the b*tch's mug looks right so leave her alone!

One thing I didn’t like about Marcia’s makeup from the last episode was her nose contour. I’ve noticed it’s a trend to apply a lot contour and highlight to the tip of the nose only, leaving the bridge with just foundation. Apart from that she’s just using her natural feminine features to her advantage.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmhDBzluRVJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I might be biased though because I generally prefer queens with 10 pounds of makeup on. 

No more mini challenges :noparty:

Just now, genetic fail said:

No more mini challenges :noparty:

Secretly I’m very happy about this. There are only a few I really like.

5 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

One thing I didn’t like about Marcia’s makeup from the last episode was her nose contour. I’ve noticed it’s a trend to apply a lot contour and highlight to the tip of the nose only, leaving the bridge with just foundation. Apart from that she’s just using her natural feminine features to her advantage.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmhDBzluRVJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I might be biased though because I generally prefer queens with 10 pounds of makeup on. 

Yeah, I noticed that too and I'm not a big fan of it either, but other than that I think her mug is very pretty. I mean, sure, she could put more  make up on but for someone with very delicate features as hers, I'm not sure it'd necessarily turn out good right away.

• ATRL Moderator

How shady to leave the unpicked girls in one team :gaycat7: That said, we've seen plenty of underdog wins in group challenges, so we'll see what happens.

I actually know every queen already and usually I don't remember all the girls until like episode 5. I hope this is a good sign :bird:

That person who got eliminated looked so sickening :'( so sad to see her go.

• ATRL Moderator
18 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

With that said, there was a Monét stan who was obviously dropping spoilers last season, and I say that as someone who’s always spoiled but goes out of my way to make sure I’m not dropping hints 

You’re right and that Monet stan was warned accordingly.  I just don’t think it’s a widespread issue in this thread like some other members are trying to make it. 

14 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Whenever I see Boy Amethyst I just see Jack Antonoff 

I was so sure Amethyst was actually Maxxy Rainbow I had to check Maxxy’s socials a few times to make sure they didn’t change their name.  

The spoiler discussion is so tired tbh. The same people who hated Jinkx and her fanbase before AS7 even started filming were the same people who hated her during the season and likewise for Jinkx/Monet stans/haters (see: winners rate from early last year). The Monet stans are the avid Sibling Rivalry patrons who always mention Bob and Monet here. Jaida got a charity star (inflating her record) and was bombing in multiple challenges that weren’t design related. Monet was high like… every week. Note how people weren’t mentioning Shea as a threat at all despite the fact she was heading for top 4, it was all just people dragging her. The reality is that Jinkx and Monet are pretty divisive queens, while girls like Viv, Raja, etc are mostly liked without a lot of inbetween.

The recent example I can think of is Loosey praise, but those girls who were praising her are from her area and have seen her in real life, so of course they’re gonna stan. Also, let’s not forget that Drag Race edits girls in certain ways so it’s really not hard to see who’s gonna flop hard and be filler. Like despite the fact that Jax did well episode one, does anyone see her actually making it to the end? Bless her soul, she has some rough drag, despite her performing ability. And none of this is a spoiler, these are just easy interpretations to make after seeing about 25 seasons of this show :skull: 

Just let people stan and don’t read too much into it. But that’s all I really want to say. 

Also love Marcia, but it’s not like she’s serving Dakota S. Marcia looks almost identical in and out of drag with a more basic aesthetic.

I can see her upping her makeup though, cause she’s extremely talented otherwise. I can see her winning the Rusical tbh. If she can do that, I can see her going very far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.