RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Nina >>>

Also the Aura draggings on twitter are so funny :bibliahh:

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rotunda said:

The gag is, I thought these recent vids were a lot less hateful than her usual reviews :deadbanana4:

The way she needs to point out everytime she talks about Sasha that "the fandom already thinks she's iconic, not hating her but the fandom keeps doing the most, because she's trans and people already think she's iconic".

Like girl, why are you so bothered by that? :rip: people used to do the same with Nina's first episode, saying how great she was and hyping her up.

Sasha has a reputation as a great performer and class act, don't act like people are hyping her up without a reason. 

8 minutes ago, KaledKalil said:

The way she needs to point out everytime she talks about Sasha that "the fandom already thinks she's iconic, not hating her but the fandom keeps doing the most, because she's trans and people already think she's iconic".

Like girl, why are you so bothered by that? :rip: people used to do the same with Nina's first episode, saying how great she was and hyping her up.

Sasha has a reputation as a great performer and class act, don't act like people are hyping her up without a reason. 

Honestly I took issue with the comment in Part 1, but I kinda agreed with her larger explanation in Part 2. There is a subset of this fanbase (usually the teens), who don’t know the faintest thing about Sasha, have never been to a drag show, and probably can’t name a thing about her aside from one YouTube clip, but are gagging over her because everyone else loves her (for good reason). And I get that can be annoying. 

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, KaledKalil said:

Kinda feel bad for Mera cause she's not really agreeing with what that person is saying, but at the same time you decided to put that out there, so....

Mera put out a statement apologising but she could've done far more in the moment than make confused expressions to challenge the microaggression and find a way to placate what the guest meant 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Unoriginal said:

Mera put out a statement apologising but she could've done far more in the moment than make confused expressions to challenge the microaggression and find a way to placate what the guest meant 

If Mera truly cared, she would have edited the comment out.  She’s 100% equally at fault even if she didn’t say it. 

5 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

What in the world? :rip: why would you assume that? the two queens were not even in the same group :skull:

Tabbi saw a black queen living her best life on TV and wanted to bring her down to size with microaggressions, as her kind do. They hate to see us thriving so they'll project whatever they want onto us to make us fit their stereotypes

This was a very disappointing comment especially coming from you and you should have thought harder before you pressed post

Apparently people who watched more of the review show with Tabbi before it was deleted said there were more hints about a potential mix up, and like I said I think either way it’s absolutely awful of Tabbi.  If that’s not true then I’m sorry for bringing it up, I didn’t give that little Mera show any views and now she’s deleted the episode so there isn’t a way to check. 

And to be clear, I don’t think Luxx or any of the queens are abrasive, that’s such an awful description of someone you don’t know especially based off of one episode of air time.  

Twitter is eating that queen up for calling Robin abrasive. It’s especially indefensible considering Robin was probably the chillest queen this season :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Honestly I took issue with the comment in Part 1, but I kinda agreed with her larger explanation in Part 2. There is a subset of this fanbase (usually the teens), who don’t know the faintest thing about Sasha, have never been to a drag show, and probably can’t name a thing about her aside from one YouTube clip, but are gagging over her because everyone else loves her (for good reason). And I get that can be annoying. 

Agreed 100%. As usual, Nina gets half of it right but then imports her own bigotry into the point. The 16 year old fan accounts preemptively stanning Sasha is performative and cringey.

….It’s also probably a spoiler. Even in this thread, we know some users here like to spoil the season and then pick their favourites accordingly. That seems to be happening with Sasha.

12 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Twitter is eating that queen up for calling Robin abrasive. It’s especially indefensible considering Robin was probably the chillest queen this season :deadbanana4:

Agreed 100%. As usual, Nina gets half of it right but then imports her own bigotry into the point. The 16 year old fan accounts preemptively stanning Sasha is performative and cringey.

….It’s also probably a spoiler. Even in this thread, we know some users here like to spoil the season and then pick their favourites accordingly. That seems to be happening with Sasha.

Yeah Nina’s refusal to use any nuance or care when talking about trans/np people really detracts from some real conversations we should be having as a fanbase. 

Like yes, some people are weaponizing their BFAs identities to overcompensate for mediocre drag, but Nina’s annoyance whenever someone brings up their identity is far too much and sounds like something you’d hear from a middle aged white guy in the rust belt. 

Edited by Rotunda

15 minutes ago, khalyan said:

If Mera truly cared, she would have edited the comment out.  She’s 100% equally at fault even if she didn’t say it. 

Apparently people who watched more of the review show with Tabbi before it was deleted said there were more hints about a potential mix up, and like I said I think either way it’s absolutely awful of Tabbi.  If that’s not true then I’m sorry for bringing it up, I didn’t give that little Mera show any views and now she’s deleted the episode so there isn’t a way to check. 

And to be clear, I don’t think Luxx or any of the queens are abrasive, that’s such an awful description of someone you don’t know especially based off of one episode of air time.  

I watched the whole thing yesterday, not paying too much attention but still. As I said earlier, it was like Tabbi wasn't paying attention to the episode, even missing jokes and things that were very obvious. Like the zipper thing from Vivacious, saying that Ariana was having a hard time with it missing the whole point. To quote Alexis's "have you seen the show, Tamar?". So her comment was even more out of nowhere since Robin was quite nice every second she had screentime.

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, KaledKalil said:

I watched the whole thing yesterday, not paying too much attention but still. As I said earlier, it was like Tabbi wasn't paying attention to the episode, even missing jokes and things that were very obvious. Like the zipper thing from Vivacious, saying that Ariana was having a hard time with it missing the whole point. To quote Alexis's "have you seen the show, Tamar?". So her comment was even more out of nowhere since Robin was quite nice every second she had screentime.

I agree completely, out of all the queens on the show Robin is BY FAR the calmest/nicest one there.  It’s shocking anyone could even consider her abrasive, especially since Robin was in the premiere for like 4 minutes of air time.  It was very obvious Tabbi was paying 0 attention to the premiere, and it’s telling that Mera thought Tabbi’s comments were fine enough to include on the episode and not edit out.  

• ATRL Moderator
29 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

! Her entrance look was just OK, her talent show performance was mid, and she had ONE line in all of Untucked. She was giving filler queen in Episode 1 and then a bunch of people put her in their top 4. I'm just gonna hope it's because of her reputation outside of the show and not spoilers :shakeno:

Just now, feelslikeadream said:

! Her entrance look was just OK, her talent show performance was mid, and she had ONE line in all of Untucked. She was giving filler queen in Episode 1 and then a bunch of people put her in their top 4. I'm just gonna hope it's because of her reputation outside of the show and not spoilers :shakeno:

Well, at this point it's pretty well known that if they don't get much screentime, they go far because of the edit. I wouldn't be surprised if Princess Poppy, Sasha, Robin made it far just judging the first episode and how little they appeared. 

21 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I’ll put it this way, back pre-S10/S11ish every season of Drag Race was spoiled out the gate. At that time the Drag Race subreddit allowed spoilers and it was much more common to know the elimination order. Pre-S8 premiere, NOBODY was stanning Naysha Lopez (who was also a Miss Continental) because she was a confirmed early out. It’s a little strange to see the hype now for another Miss Continental. 

In fairness, Sasha is definitely a bigger drag legend than Naysha - remember Jasmine freaking out that Kerri was Sasha’s daughter. But it’s telling that the same users that told us Jaida wasn’t a threat in AS7 (despite having the most stars for half the season) are also stanning Sasha. 

Edit: I should say, I have no doubt Sasha will deliver and perform to her hype. I’m side-eyeing the fans who spoil the season and then pick their faves. 

Edited by Both Sides Now

The preemptive Sasha stanning is sus but I thought she was funnier than I expected with what little screen time she had.

5 hours ago, KaledKalil said:

Nina's rawview was specially hateful these last two videos. :rip: don't know who that girl is, but she's bringing the worst of Nina. 

I love Nina's commentary (mess and all) but yeah that pairing was just unwatchable :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

There should be NO DISCUSSION OF SPOILERS in this thread.  Even if you aren’t reading spoilers yourself, trying to decipher which users are spoiled and who they like can be considered a spoiler itself.  Move it to the other thread if you want to continue that conversation. 

Sasha Colby is a drag LEGEND.  Her reputation precedes her, she could have flopped to high heavens and she’d still be in so many people’s tops just because of who she is.  The last Miss Continental to be on any Drag Race season won it too, so it’s not unreasonable to think Sasha will do well. 

48 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

I’ll put it this way, back pre-S10/S11ish every season of Drag Race was spoiled out the gate. At that time the Drag Race subreddit allowed spoilers and it was much more common to know the elimination order. Pre-S8 premiere, NOBODY was stanning Naysha Lopez (who was also a Miss Continental) because she was a confirmed early out. It’s a little strange to see the hype now for another Miss Continental. 

In fairness, Sasha is definitely a bigger drag legend than Naysha - remember Jasmine freaking out that Kerri was Sasha’s daughter. But it’s telling that the same users that told us Jaida wasn’t a threat in AS7 (despite having the most stars for half the season) are also stanning Sasha. 

Edit: I should say, I have no doubt Sasha will deliver and perform to her hype. I’m side-eyeing the fans who spoil the season and then pick their faves. 

:clap3:

That being said, other than being a Miss Continental winner, I can see production carrying Sasha at least halfway through the competition on her name and reputation alone, no matter how she'll perform in the competition. But then again, Irene was chopped at the very first (and only) misstep, so who knows.

Edited by Hephaestus

13 minutes ago, khalyan said:

There should be NO DISCUSSION OF SPOILERS in this thread.  Even if you aren’t reading spoilers yourself, trying to decipher which users are spoiled and who they like can be considered a spoiler itself.  Move it to the other thread if you want to continue that conversation. 

Point taken but the hammer should also come down harder on discrete spoiling.

It didn’t take a detective to decipher Jinkx and Monét were Top 2 based on some people’s obsessions with them in this thread. I think it spoiled a lot of people’s experience. 

I’m only reading the room wrt Sasha. I haven’t read any spoilers but will stop discussing my interpretation. And I don’t mean to discredit genuine interest in her. I’m also excited to see what she brings. 

Edited by Both Sides Now

18 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I thought the spoiler thread's whole point is to mirror this thread but with spoilers being allowed, isn't it?

I know fully well that there's no solution to this issue, but when the spoiled people jump from the other thread to this one with their suspicious takes, it becomes very clear who's going far and who isn't even without people pointing out the probable spoilers.

Redirecting people (especially those who want to remain unspoiled) to the spoiler thread just to discuss these issues makes no sense to me. Maybe reporting/reaching out to a mod would be a better option?

Edited by Hephaestus

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Point taken but the hammer should also come down harder on discrete spoiling.

It didn’t take a detective to decipher Jinkx and Monét were Top 2 based on some people’s obsessions with them in this thread. I think it spoiled a lot of people’s experience. 

I’m only reading the room wrt Sasha. I haven’t read any spoilers but will stop discussing my interpretation. And I don’t mean to discredit genuine interest in her. I’m also excited to see what she brings. 

People are allowed to like Jinkx and Monet, I hardly found any “discrete spoiling” with people who said they were fans of them.  I just think some people are reading too much into it.  

2 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I thought the spoiler thread's whole point is to mirror this thread but with spoilers being allowed, isn't it?

I know fully well that there's no solution to this issue, but when the spoiled people jump from the other thread to this one with their suspicious takes, it becomes very clear who's going far and who isn't even without people pointing out the probable spoilers.

Redirecting people (especially those who want to remain unspoiled) to the spoiler thread just to discuss these issues makes no sense to me. Maybe reporting/reaching out to a mod would be a better option?

We’re not doing this again :skull: 

It’s really not clear at all.  I hardly notice any discrete spoilers and have been spoiler free since S10.  It often seems that those who know some spoilers come in here to try and catch other spoiled members in a mess.  

I mean, the claims that people who are rooting for Sasha are just from spoilers is completely absurd.  Plenty of us just know of and have liked Sasha for years.  Expecting us to get reports for members who show interest in a queen beyond her performance in one episode is absolutely ridiculous.  

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

People are allowed to like Jinkx and Monet, I hardly found any “discrete spoiling” with people who said they were fans of them.  I just think some people are reading too much into it.  

I don’t see how “Monét is a bigger threat to Jinkx than Jaida” isn’t a discrete spoiler when Monét had one star and Jaida had three three episodes before the finale :rip:

I understand it’s just an aspect of reading this thread that you will pick up on hints from other users - it’s just irritating because going into the Top 4 I already deduced who would be winning the lip syncs based on the talking points of the thread. I don’t get how it’s “reading too much into it” when it turned out to be correct. 

I’ll drop it but it’s a double standard that people who are obviously spoilerinas can have hot takes that could only be known with spoilers but people can’t call it out in this thread. 

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

I don’t see how “Monét is a bigger threat to Jinkx than Jaida” isn’t a discrete spoiler when Monét had one star and Jaida had three three episodes before the finale :rip:

I understand it’s just an aspect of reading this thread that you will pick up on hints from other users - it’s just irritating because going into the Top 4 I already deduced who would be winning the lip syncs based on the talking points of the thread. I don’t get how it’s “reading too much into it” when it turned out to be correct. 

I’ll drop it but it’s a double standard that people who are obviously spoilerinas can have hot takes that could only be known with spoilers but people can’t call it out in this thread. 

What I don’t understand is how anyone who avoids the spoiler thread even knows who posts there?  I couldn’t tell you more than 1 person who posts in there.  So, tracking posters who frequent that thread, reading so much into their posts here, and trying to call them out as spoilers is completely unnecessary and almost creepy IMO. 

3 minutes ago, khalyan said:

We’re not doing this again :skull: 

It’s really not clear at all.  I hardly notice any discrete spoilers and have been spoiler free since S10.  It often seems that those who know some spoilers come in here to try and catch other spoiled members in a mess.  

I mean, the claims that people who are rooting for Sasha are just from spoilers is completely absurd.  Plenty of us just know of and have liked Sasha for years.  Expecting us to get reports for members who show interest in a queen beyond her performance in one episode is absolutely ridiculous.  

This isn't about Sasha specifically, at least from my side. I literally picked her as one of my faves as soon as the cast was announced.

I piggybacked on @Both Sides Now's post just because I agreed with the general sentiment. While a "discrete spoiler" might not be clear to you specifically (which is totally acceptable), it is for others. Despite going into every season unspoiled, I can usually clock first outs and finalists just by reading other users' comments, it's really that easy.

Anyway, all I was trying to say is that I don't think it's fair to redirect users that want to complain about potential spoilers to the spoiler thread, that's it.

As someone who has ventured into spoiler threads for many past seasons (but not this one :duck:), you can definitely see some users being a little unsubtle with things at times. The Jaida on AS7 thing was a good example, acting like she wasn't worth a thing when she was leading right til the last two-three episodes.

2 minutes ago, khalyan said:

What I don’t understand is how anyone who avoids the spoiler thread even knows who posts there?  I couldn’t tell you more than 1 person who posts in there.  So, tracking posters who frequent that thread, reading so much into their posts here, and trying to call them out as spoilers is completely unnecessary and almost creepy IMO. 

What are you talking about? When did I say I know who posts in the spoiler thread? I genuinely don’t. I speaking to posts in this thread only. Please don’t call me creepy because I read between the lines in the last season’s discourse. I am not following any users posts here. 

Maybe it was a coincidence that users somehow figured out Jaida would be chopped and Monét would win four stars in the last two episodes. 

Anyway, this is beginning to derail the thread which wasn’t my intention. Again, I had meant nothing specifically about stanning Sasha just that it’s irritating to pick up on hints on the season progression. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.