RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Puttanesca said:

Yeah you're right. I should have said the season is boring and not the cast lol.

In any case, can't wait to see mama Ru give them acting tips next week.

No you were right the first time, mik, plastique and nina are boring tv (the first two give good runways and that's about it).

all winners shows how if it's a cast of talent and personality, it can still be entertaining without eliminations…although I do still prefer the drama of eliminations.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Jorgeous was robbed for two episodes says everything you need to know about this season.

Those queens should be ashamed that someone without a high school diploma and with the same IQ as her shoe size is outperforming them.

• Haha 3

I don't really get the decisions of this season...

9 hours ago, terrijoe said:

-Why was gotmik so quiet in untucked. She looked so in her head. Meh. Hate when queens don't say how they feel. 
-Jorgeous robbed, she had a fully realized character and stunner runway 

-Shannel would never make it past the first episode if this was a regular format season 

-Roxy has had awful fashion and makeup. This forced appreciation for older queens is so funny. Yeah no thx. 
-vanjie was probably the worst dressed along Nina and Shannel. 
-plastique slayed the runway and her delivery was very "read the paper" for me. Good material but lacked more character. 

Great cast. Loving the season so far. Hate that there are no stakes though. Something has to change.

Got Mik was probably upset she didn't do as well in the roast compared to S13/the other girls

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, terrijoe said:

-Jorgeous robbed, she had a fully realized character and stunner runway

May I ask what about the character felt "fully realized" to you? Because I saw the character start and end entirely in the look. She didn't assume a persona, change her voice, write the jokes around a shared theme, nothing :rip:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Mik stealing jokes might cost her the crown if she receives enough backlash. 

That just leaves Roxxy, Plastique and Angie as potential winners. Everyone else doesn't stand a chance 

One good episode doesn't make a good season. 

I thought should Vanjie and Jorgeous should have won. 

Plastique her jokes were good, but the delivery.... 

I have a feeling they are setting up some bigger drama between Angeria and the girls.

13 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Ali Wong was the guest judge in the episode where Anetra and MMM lip synced.

Right. The stand up challenge. I think Orville was a guest on Pit Stop the season he was a guest judge on drag race. Maybe Ali is a guest judge this season? It's good to see her regardless but kind of random. 

16 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Mik stealing jokes might cost her the crown if she receives enough backlash. 

That just leaves Roxxy, Plastique and Angie as potential winners. Everyone else doesn't stand a chance 

That would not surprise me with Mik. I didn't know HOW much she ripped off until I watched the video. 

Honestly kind of shocked that Plastique hasn't been blocked yet. 

Overall, I'm enjoying this season a lot more than I thought I would. When the format was announced, my expectations plummeted so  I guess the only way to go was up. The girls are clearly holding up when it comes to confrontation but at least I can spot the tension and the parts where they think to themselves "let me not say ****, this is for charity".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

That would not surprise me with Mik. I didn't know HOW much she ripped off until I watched the video. 

Honestly kind of shocked that Plastique hasn't been blocked yet. 

Apparently she's been doing bad at lipsyncs/not learning the words so she wouldnt win & have to snip someone and in turn no one would target her. Idk if I buy it but it's been working great for her so far (besides the fact that she's not winning any money for her charity which is the whole point of doing this in the first place :rip:)

Starting to feel like the "fandom" is trying to gaslight me into liking Angeria :rip:

She's very awkward in a "aww grandpa is trying to be funny/charismatic/the life of the party" type of way. She just feels like an awkward kid that people see the potential in and are therefore rooting for, but the kid is still not there. I really don't understand how the fandom is so all over her, I'm starting to feel like a lot of it is WOW-sponsored bots trying to create online hype around her :rip:

As for Jorge, she feels like a lost, self-doubting pup. Her deadpan face during lipsyncs + monotone way of speaking are just... why did they bring her back when she's clearly not all that ready? Smh. She def needed to grow more, and with how young she is,a couple more years would've made a LOT of difference. Got a feeling we'll be seeing her in a future All Stars as more seasoned queen, the difference between now and then could be HUGE.

Edited by welham
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Agree with the people saying the cast is not it. Jorgeous, Plastique, Gottmik and sadly Shannel could all get eliminated in one episode and I couldn't care less the next one. I wouldn't find the werkroom less or more boring, they have 0.00% personality this season. Yes Plastique's and Gottmik's runways wouldn't be there but idk I kinda don't give a **** :skull:

• Like 6

Gottmik and Plastique's runways are the only reason to watch this ****

• Like 1

i like this season. it's lacking lipsyncs and drama but it's very nice to see all queens each episodes, all runways (except nina). queen should stir the pot more - they have nothing to lose

• Like 2

Are they purposely choosing lip sync songs with lower royalties? Season 16 gave us some new(er) stuff that couldn't have been cheap. Maybe they're trying to save money here?

Roxxxy's mug is giving homophobia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The older season queens never live up to the hype..(majority not all) Goes to show you drag back then was very pedestrian and simple and anyone could do it.. The one thing that they did have was NERVE. It took major nerve back in the day to do it before it became the mainstream monster that it is now. The pageant system back then was the only way to decipher the ones with real charisma, uniqueness and talent. 

Roxxy- self explanatory.  She clearly only showed up for a check. (which is fine i guess) 

Shannel - first out ep 1 if this was any other season

Other Examples of queens that cant keep up to modern drag era queens:

Bebe Zahara herself (had to google her name again) - noooo ma'am.

Raja - entitled on all star winner season. tacky 2nd showing imo***** the laser outfit was desperate

Not a soul can clock girl beverly hillz chic 

etc

all of them are treated extra nice and they just let them slide whereas new season girls cant get away with the things these girls get away with. PATHETIC. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 14

9 minutes ago, terrijoe said:

The older season queens never live up to the hype..(majority not all) Goes to show you drag back then was very pedestrian and simple and anyone could do it.. The one thing that they did have was NERVE. It took major nerve back in the day to do it before it became the mainstream monster that it is now. The pageant system back then was the only way to decipher the ones with real charisma, uniqueness and talent. 

Roxxy- self explanatory.  She clearly only showed up for a check. (which is fine i guess) 

Raja - entitled on all star winner season. tacky 2nd showing imo***** the laser outfit was desperate

etc

all of them are treated extra nice and they just let them slide whereas new season girls cant get away with the things these girls get away with. PATHETIC. 

you do know that there's been plenty of queens from older seasons that have SLAYED on their comeback seasons like chad michaels, bendelacreme, alyssa, manila, tatianna, alexis mateo, trinity k bonet, jessica wild, etc... so this take is kinda ... not correct

Edited by Lightbringer007
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrijoe said:

etc

Miss Terri, I know you ain't talking with that busted ass wig and dusty crusty nightgown

F1PMutyXwAAIC5Y?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

you do know that there's been plenty of queens from older seasons that have SLAYED on their comeback seasons like chad michaels, bendelacreme, alyssa, tatianna, trinity k bonet, jessica wild, etc so this take is kinda ... not correct

those are the exceptions and they were trailblazers then and now.. some of them have not evolved out of stubbornness and/or just lacking humility lol 

2 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Miss Terri, I know you ain't talking with that busted ass wig and dusty crusty nightgown

F1PMutyXwAAIC5Y?format=jpg&name=large

You cant keep a good skinny legend christian down.. seethe . :khalyan2:

Edited by terrijoe
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

i live for her but lately she's been giving me 'desperate' teas. quality over quantity.. her last 2 uploads have been total flops as of late.  she is gonna get played out if she doesnt focus on the quality.  Has there ever been rugirls that rose so fast and faded just as fast?  this could be her.. oversaturated and exhausting.  why is she forcing the content?  quality maam not quality!

Edited by terrijoe
  • Thumbs Down 8

Calling it now that S17 episode 1's guest judge will be Sabrina C and the lipsync will be Espresso. I'm so random lolzz Xdd XD

• Thumbs Down 1

30 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Calling it now that S17 episode 1's guest judge will be Sabrina C and the lipsync will be Espresso. I'm so random lolzz Xdd XD

please x3 would be a better choice idk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.