RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | The National Drag Convention Roast

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Also poor Jorgeous looked PRESSED in that chair after she wasn't called a winner. They hyped her up so much and then didn't give her the win. 

• Like 3

I'm just like, why was it election themed but not one single person (besides Angerias last comment before leaving) made an election joke/comment why they are better than the other candidates 

• Like 2

Gottmik stealing jokes, several sets obviously having been ghostwritten beforehand, the guest judge being a Trumpet, and the runways being hit or miss :rip: at this point I'm really just watching to talk about it in here :skull: 

Edited by Aston Martin
  • Haha 4

I wonder if production is gonna make the future queens submit their roast jokes prior to filming after this whole Gottmik mess…

I just don't get it. It's fine to steal one or two jokes but the entire set?!

The way she could've easily just got someone to write jokes for her like plastique  

• Like 1

the heavy handed editing was really obvious unfortunately. that and ru's constant manic laughter…. :emofish:

the roast was really funny start to finish which leads me to believe there's just no way most of the girls came up with their jokes! 

I really wish Nikki Glazer guest judged this episode instead of her appearance on AS7. Imagine her reaction when she watches a set comprised of her own jokes :skull: :skull: :skull: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I mean now that the queens just come with their jokes pre-written the roast is kinda null and void because it's yet another challenge where the queen with the most money and connections has the advantage. Like love my girl Plastique and she's sh*tting on those h*es runway-wise but there is no way her ESL ass came up with that Scientology joke.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

Gottmik stealing jokes, several sets obviously having been ghostwritten beforehand, the guest judge being a Trumpet, and the runways being hit or miss :rip: at this point I'm really just watching to talk about it in here :skull: 

I'm not against Queens letting other people write jokes for them, but Plastique making a joke about Leah Remini, when 4 years ago she didnt even know who Beyonce was…like girl :skull:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Seeing Bob has been the highlight of the season. I just love him. #AllWinners2. :heart2:

Otherwise…

What a mostly horrible f*cking season this has been overall (save Angeria, Roxxxy and Shannel for me). 

:rip: :rip: :rip:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Fancyhoodlum said:

why isn't the new episode available on torrents yet? 

quite odd. 

Omg I have been waiting as well. 

Found it on DM, but the voices are distorted. 

I'm not surprised at Gottmik copying jokes, I think she's smart for it actually. And let's act like Plastique "wrong imaginary convention" and "it's going to be hard to top …….., but who would wanna top ………." haven't been used on DRAG RACE (I think both are Jinkx's too). If you're gonna copy jokes at least take them from somewhere else. :dies: And no, she clearly didn't write that Leah Remini joke either. 

Loved seeing Bob on Untucked. My fave. Even if the vibes were a little off.

• Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

Very good roast but Plastique in the top two was absolutely wild. I guess they couldn't give it to Jorgeous after the gifted mini challenge star but she deserved it. Plastique's ghostwritten set was good but her delivery was severely lacking and blatantly reading off the cards when everyone else at least tried to hide it was a flop. 

Even the weaker queens had good moments. Gottmik seemed completely checked out very suddenly? Vanjie's energy felt like it didn't meet the challenge, and Nina started off shakily but picked up midway though her set. Shannel did well but was outshone unfortunately.

Roxxxy did well and I also could've seen the other winning spot going to her over Plastique (especially because Drag Race loves a rudemption story) but I think her getting a third consecutive win and fourth badge would've made her a shoo-in for the finale way too early for producers to be comfortable with

1 hour ago, TryMe said:

Omg I have been waiting as well. 

Found it on DM, but the voices are distorted. 

damn, what is this conspiracy?? lol

Whatever happened to having queens in the pit stop? Now it's a parade of Trixie's Z-list friends. 

:suburban:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Almodusa said:

Ali Wong is the special guest 

10 minutes in and they haven't even started discussing the ep :skull:  how much are Trixie's friends paying for these promo slots

56 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

Whatever happened to having queens in the pit stop? Now it's a parade of Trixie's Z-list friends. 

:suburban:

In what world is Ali Z-list? She literally just had a hit show on Netflix and won an Emmy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.