RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

1 minute ago, publikcitizen said:

They did. $75k to be exact. $50k for participation and $25k for runway looks. 

They gave some criticisms in the second episodes so at least they are willing to do that unlike AS7

I guess a guaranteed sum of 50k vs a chance to win 200k does sound more appealing + tv exposure again but this honestly sucks.

Haven't seen episode 2 yet but Angeria had no business being in the top2 this episode. Plastique had the best verse, look and runway (even though her entrance wig was a mess)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Also that lipsync was meh. I have never particularly liked Jorgeous' lipsyncs (moves way too fast/doesnt match the tempo of the songs/doesnt emote) and Angeria is just Angeria walking around. This could've been a legendary lipsync if the song was given to the greats

These song choices… :skull: 

• Like 7

I'm liking the season but idk I'm not loving it. I don't really have much of an issue with the judging. Ep 1 everyone did really well so it was hard to pick I guess but I wasn't mad at it. 

Mik won the lip sync fair and square, she's a weak lip syncer but Plastique is worse. Plastique gave nothing in that, Mik was stiff and awkward but at least she had some fun moments. 

Plastique has otherwise been slaying which is nice, I didn't expect that. Roxxxy already feels like the winner, she's very entertaining and she's getting a great edit so far. 

1 hour ago, Dior said:

There something about plastique … the mug isn't giving! I think she need to do a different eye makeup look. Something just looks.. off 

i think it might be because her face was rounder in her first season, shes a little more gaunt this season and she hasnt changed her makeup for it.

she still looks fab though

• Thanks 1

Vanjie looks like she used about 1/25 of her runway stipend, she said I'm making money this season somehow 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

It's astounding how Nina has zero taste level on the runway 

like she looks a damn mess 

Spoiler

the all pink outfit was a toot though 

Also they really chose that lip sync for episode 2 so that queen could win lmfao 

any other song she would've been chewed

Edited by Bewitched
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oh Lord I feel so bad to say this but Nina's first ball look was so good while her face was covered 😭 

Shannel a little robbed tbh but mik was good as well. Def better than her season 13 showing.

Edited by Lord Gaga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Both top 2 and winners have been correct so far. Gagged this season is lowkey serving. :ghostface:

• Thanks 1

EP2: 

Runway #1: Plastique > Shannel > Nina > Angeria > Roxxy > Gottmik > Jorgeous > Vanjie

Runway #2: Plastique > Gottmik > Roxxy > Shannel > Jorgeous > Vanjie > Angeria > Nina

Runway #3: Plastique > Shannel > Roxxy > Gottmik > Vanjie > Jorgeous > Angeria > Nina

Top2 should've been either Plastique and Shannel or Plastique and Roxxy :michael:

• Like 1

i thin Gottmik won the lipsync because of her charity (which im happy with tbh)

I have to say though Gottmik's wigs are masterpieces and that lipsync Mackie inspired look?! :flame:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

I guess a guaranteed sum of 50k vs a chance to win 200k does sound more appealing + tv exposure again but this honestly sucks.

Haven't seen episode 2 yet but Angeria had no business being in the top2 this episode. Plastique had the best verse, look and runway (even though her entrance wig was a mess)

I actually disagree. I was drawn to Angeria as if no one else mattered as soon as her verse began, kind of like how Michelle described. She was mesmerizing. I'm not a big fan of hers but she was the standout for me above anyone else. 

• Like 2

Some thoughts on the Ball episode; 

- Angeria wearing a white wig with her lime green outfit for a monochromatic runway…if there were eliminations this season she would have deserved to go home for that. 

- The art category…I almost hated all of their looks. Way too literal interpretations, especially Roxxy & Angeria with the exception being Vanjie who literally picked a random dress from her closet and picked whatever artist had a painting that matched those colors.

The only good one was Gottmik, Plastique was acceptable. 

- When Vanjie was on S11 I was expecting more from her on the runway, but thought that even though she had a lot exposure it probably wasnt enough time between the seasons to earn and invest a lot in her drag, but seeing her again on my screen on an All Stars season where we actually know that all queens got quite a Budget for their looks that it was taste level issue all along. She's coming for Ninas crown. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

I forgot how much i loved PLASTIQUE :jonny4: oh she absolutely destroyed everyone in both eps tbh

i'm actually enjoying this a lot more than i expected, everyone has grown quite a bit since their seasons. Nina, Vanjie, & Jorgeous are just soooo far beneath the others in runways tho :deadbanana2: Jorgeous has improved and seems a lot more confident but my god i wish she'd let go of making everything she does about weed :rip: 

Edited by Scandalous
  • Like 1

Apparently Kim Chi would've done this season if she were asked (she was asked for every other AS and declined them). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I think the edit was generous but it still showed Plastique missing like 40% of the words so even though her movements shat all over Gottmik, they wouldn't give her the win for that. :rip:  

• Like 6

idk yall i'm loving and enjoying this season. like they already set the tone that this season's main goal is to bring the light and donations to the charities and i don't mind it.

it's better than promising competitive, best season every etc. and flopped. this's like a little breathing room season to enjoy these queens. 

moreover, the cast is GOOD, the energy is right, the chemistry is right, the performances is subpar (by far). and that's enough for me.

• Like 3

The Gotrigging already :skull: picking a Beetlejuice song and wtf was that lipsync she was terrible :skull:

Also Roxxy is still pretty terrible and completely overrated :skull: those looks were a chop. So glad they didn't try to rig her top two, I was afraid they were about to…plastique and mik were the clear tops..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

Both top 2 and winners have been correct so far. Gagged this season is lowkey serving. :ghostface:

not when Plastique was not top 2 episode 1???

Plastique really is that ***** those millions of followers are not a fluke :jonnycat:

5 hours ago, Almodusa said:

And Aurora Matrix :redface:

They said excellence

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Episode 1 honestly I thought Plastique and. Angie were top two… not mad though! 

Episode 2 was correct and incredible :heart:

• Like 1

Roxxy already bombing :rip: I thought the design challenge was her forte? All 3 outfits were disgusting

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Umm just finished episode 1… so Angeria is the massive payola queen this season? wtf was that Plastique and Jorgeous robbery?

Plastique kinda had one of the strongest showings in an episode ever and wasn't even top 2 :deadbanana:

Jorgeous won the lipsync too, I'm tired of "embodying the song" winning a lipsync. Angeria didn't embody anything but a stiff grandma.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.