RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Meeting in the Ladies Room

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Look, here’s the real deal with Nina. Nina has a persecution complex, or she’s just paranoid. Whichever way you see it, the point is that Nina has a serious problem with seeing everything as an attack against her. Nina has always been paranoid, from way back on season 9 when she said Shea was secretly hating on her, to just a few days ago when she ranted to Mystique that she thinks most of her followers are secretly hating on her. Nina struggles to accept positive attention from other people, and she feeds into negative attention. I truly don’t know why Nina’s brain works this way and I don’t want to speculate about the reason.

At some point over the past few years, Nina said something ignorant or offensive about trans people. I can’t pinpoint when it first happened, but whenever it was, that incident fed massively into Nina’s paranoia and ever since then Nina has been on a downward spiral with the whole situation. Nina feels way too paranoid and defensive to even consider that she might have been wrong in the first place, but it clearly bothers her because she *constantly* brings it up and antagonizes the situation further.

So no, Nina doesn’t hate trans people, but she does antagonize them because she’s too selfish and paranoid to admit that she might have ever said something ignorant or offensive. And if Nina chooses to antagonize a marginalized group of people, she doesn’t deserve sympathy for the resulting backlash. She’s doing simple math here and she has all the power to change the equation whenever she wants.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Like, Nina has literally said she was already paranoid about people secretly not liking her, and that when she first got backlash for whatever it was she said about trans people, she took it as confirmation that everyone secretly hated her and they were just jumping on the first opportunity to “cancel” her.

I sympathize with Nina’s paranoia and I hope she gets help, but the really sad part in all this is how hopelessly self-centered Nina’s reaction is. Nina has only ever focused on how she feels about all this. A better person would recognize their own paranoia, while also being concerned about how they affected other people. Nina’s entire view of the situation seems to begin and end with “I feel very attacked,” with no thought given to how she might have made anyone else feel.

Not Solaris being the voice of absolute reason these past few pages :rip: What is going on?

We love character growth :clap3: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

My god, Kornbread is insufferable. I can't believe I rooted for her before S14 aired.

I don't understand how she has so much time to be on twitter? It makes sense for losers like Eve 6000 but Kornbread was the breakout star of s14, shouldn't she be booked and busy? :rip:

• Like 1

Spoiler

The way the discussions about trans folk, black people and Kornbread would have triggered several meltdowns if this was 3 months ago. We've grown so much in this thread :giraffe:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I leave this thread for a few weeks and I come back to people fighting about drag queens like always. Some things never change:heart:

15 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

The worst contestant of all time being lashed :smitten: we love to see it

This is not the read that you think it is. Rose was simply trying to be nice and supportive and Kahanna decided to lash out out her for no reason. Why on earth would Kahanna respond this way and why would you support her response? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

This is not the read that you think it is. Rose was simply trying to be nice and supportive and Kahanna decided to lash out out her for no reason. Why on earth would Kahanna respond this way and why would you support her response? 

Because majority of people here hated Rose during her season, despite the fact she was professional and slayed the challenges. 

im seeing this for the first time, I cant stop rewinding 7:57 part :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, loveisdead9582 said:

What the hell? Rose caught some light shade from a sister after sticking his big manly nose where it didn't belong. It's not that serious lol

3 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I don't understand how she has so much time to be on twitter? It makes sense for losers like Eve 6000 but Kornbread was the breakout star of s14, shouldn't she be booked and busy? :rip:

Maybe she’s not booked and not busy, that’s why she’s always in other people’s business :mandown:

1 hour ago, killer_rose said:

Because majority of people here hated Rose during her season, despite the fact she was professional and slayed the challenges. 

This thread hates theater queens more than Ru herself :skull:

13 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

Unlike YOU bottoms, I follow ACTUAL LEGISLATION and then ur asses cant even step outside in makeup without being put in cuffs you wont be laughing. 

Yes, it's totally because of Willam making a tepid banana joke on Family Feud that ACTUAL LEGISLATION is being made against drag queens and queer people :coffee2:

20 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

I dont like this, I DO NOT LIKE THIS, the initial joke was fine with me, but why use sexual innuendos on a FAMILY SHOW towards a STRAIGHT, MARRIED MAN who is clearly trying to help bridge some already tricky roads between people seeing drag/trans as normalized and not always sexualized perversion? 

There is a reason people like Willam belong in CLUBS or on LATE NIGHT and NOT on FAMILY TELEVISION because she IS NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY.

Like, do you even watch Family Feud *at all*?!?

The show clearly has no problem leaning into these types of questions to farm contents out of Steve Harvey himself. So I don't guess where is this moral panic coming from?

I still like Kornbread but one of the most confusing moments recently in drag race is when she terrorized Jasmine for being slightly annoying :rip: :rip: so awkward 

37 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

I still like Kornbread but one of the most confusing moments recently in drag race is when she terrorized Jasmine for being slightly annoying :rip: :rip: so awkward 

That is the real kornbread 

you can tell from recent appearances lol

• Like 5

Y'all really surprised at the hate Kandy gets? When she's a big girl of color who isn't afraid to voice her feelings. especially within this fanbase...

Kandy Top 2 Muse keeps the girls pressed :fan: but excited to see Jimbo snatch the crown tomorrow 

Kornbread’s reaction to Priyanka kind of said it all. She’s a jealous girl and will jump at an opportunity to make someone feel bad, especially if that person is doing well at the moment. 

It’s why she knew she could treat Jasmine the way she did. The S14 cast was already annoyed by her and Korn knew she wouldn’t get pushback because the girls also thought Jasmine was annoying. And rather than try to help Jasmine, she jumped down her throat at every opportunity. 

The way Jasmine responded to Korny with kindness, understanding and an open mind made me love her, and confirmed to me that Korn is not the type of person I’d want around, especially when I’m doing well.

Edited by Relampago.
  • Like 14

Edited by satellites.™
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

spacer.png

Yeah Kornbread is insufferable. I’m not pressed to never see her back on the show again. How she treated Jasmine was gross too. 

• Like 2

This thread never fails to give the kiis :rip:

KornyBread is just jealous of Priyanka’s success. 

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Kornbread’s reaction to Priyanka kind of said it all. She’s a jealous girl and will jump at an opportunity to make someone feel bad, especially if that person is doing well at the moment. 

It’s why she knew she could treat Jasmine the way she did. The S14 cast was already annoyed by her and Korn knew she wouldn’t get pushback because the girls also thought Jasmine was annoying. And rather than try to help Jasmine, she jumped down her throat at every opportunity. 

The way Jasmine responded to Korny with kindness, understanding and an open mind made me love her, and confirmed to me that Korn is not the type of person I’d want around, especially when I’m doing well.

like i been saying, korny is a bully through and through. She exhibited this behaviour on the show and continues to do it on twitter repeatedly :coffee2: 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Exactly. Calling her transphone is so lame yall need to stop regurgitating **** u read on twitter. Even this Roseanna thing, yall are not even saying everything she said in regards to the topic.

But typical white gays trying to put another black ARTIST down

one second the white gays are ninas only fans, the other they hate her. yall gotta make your mind up :deadbanana2:

12 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The way the discussions about trans folk, black people and Kornbread would have triggered several meltdowns if this was 3 months ago. We've grown so much in this thread :giraffe:

spacer.png

miss ha ass so much, the mods should let ha out of her cage at least once a month for 24hrs of clocking and lashings :monkey:

11 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

cuz she has no reading comprehension 

• Like 1

wtf was jimbo’s talent show though. am I too late to say that it was so pointless (even for a performance that aims to be dumb)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.