RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | The National Drag Convention Roast

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Frozen99 said:

she looks really stunning :flame: does anyone have a link for the interview?

Just go anywhere where you can listen to podcasts. I use Spotify. Look up Hi Jinkx and look for the one with Bosco. It's absolutely worth it. :flame:

1 hour ago, Frozen99 said:

she looks really stunning :flame: does anyone have a link for the interview?

Here it is on Spotify but it should be available elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

I want to listen to the interview for Bosco's bits, but I don't think I can put up with listening to Jinkx for over an hour :redface:

This is real. Jinkx is uber talented but she’s not the best interviewer and tends to take over a bit with her own anecdotes. It’s worth it though as Bosco had me genuinely laughing throughout.

Drag Race might not be the best place for Bosco to shine for some but she really comes across as one of the chillest and likeable queens in a while on the pod. 

a Top 4 of Lux, Mistress, Loosey, and Sasha would eat :jonny6: Top 2 being Mistress vs. Lux (with Lux winning so that Mistress' AS8 crown gets polished).

2 hours ago, Stan said:

I loved Season 14 honestly. In hindisght, there were no stars in that cast except Jasmine Kennedie, but that does not necessarily define if a season is good or not (see Season 7 with an AMAZING cast, yet horrible season). 

- The amazing improv challenge

- Snatch Game resulting in the first ever cliffhanger episode of the franchise, where the elimination happened the next episode.

- An amazing lip sync lalaparuza, with a new concept. Jasmine thinking she was slick choosing Daya, then the twist of the chosen queen being able to choose the song. Gag. 

- Daya being a first out, coming back, bullying the girls, then making it to the finale

- Almost everyone doing well in Daytona Winds and Ru not telling the girls about the fart twist

- The non-eliminations leading to a better group dynamic due to the girls having more time to get familiar with each other

- The gag of Jorgeous winning that desing challenge

- The three way lipsync with two going home

- One of the best rusicals

- Jasmine's outing in Untucked being one of the most emotional moments of the franchise

Idk, there were a lot of really great aspects of that season. Dont know why people hate it? I feel like some people just want a queen they can obsess over and then post-show brag about the queens achievements and somehow boost their own ego through it :skull: 

Or the reverse, S13 having an amazing cast but being a HORRIBLE season

- Messy premiere

- Flop winner's circle performance

- Boring acting challenges

- Lala's bag ball look + Mik winning over Utica

- Olivia being tossed wins and saved from the bottom numerous times

- Elliott with 2 T's lasting too long

- Denali being sent home with a gospel song no one asked for

- Boring reunion

- AWFUL finale

- Covid Documentary mid-season

- Tamisha being booted too early

But the cast was excellent, the season remains one of, if not the worst, ever. :deadbanana: 

• ATRL Moderator

Y'all need to STOP consigning Mistress to the dustbin of All Stars :biblio: You know how that goes with the girls voting off each other. One competitive girl and she's OUT. 

The only AS for Mistress is All Winners 3 :gaycat2:

6 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

- Messy premiere

- Boring reunion

- AWFUL finale

But the cast was excellent, the season remains one of, if not the worst, ever. :deadbanana: 

S13 is kinda insane cause it has amazing looks, amazing lip syncs, a strong winner, and legitimate drama, but it’s 100% destroyed by production. 

Edited by Rotunda

3 hours ago, xrosup said:

Bosco looks like a missing Hadid sister, super gorgeous :heart:

I wanna see the front too

5du9qGo.thumb.gif.cba86bcb738c3353a47e89

The front is ok but thats all ill say. Ive seen him tuck a couple of times. But idk im so used to him seeing your comments are like “really, Aura?”

4 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

I fear we missed out on some quality talent in the comedy realm tbh.

She shouldn’t have been cast with Bianca 

Half of the S13 hate comes from it airing at the same time as UK2 which would make any season look worse by comparison and the Covid special airing midway through.  

It still has the best runways, winner, lipsyncs, and drama since S11, another season that was wrongly hated. They’re both better than 12 & 14 to me but 15 is already on track to beat them all and has potential to be the best since 9. 

S14 is iconic compared to S15. Can’t wait to see all the haters change idea as soon as Bosco will win All Stars next year.

The latest episode of S15… the correct person went home. Spice had me cackling. I’m glad we saw more of Sasha because I was starting to get bored. 

• ATRL Moderator

:skull:

6 hours ago, Relampago. said:

- Messy premiere

- Boring reunion

- AWFUL finale

Don't forget "Kandy, wait!" :skull:

5 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Half of the S13 hate comes from it airing at the same time as UK2 which would make any season look worse by comparison and the Covid special airing midway through.  

It still has the best runways, winner, lipsyncs, and drama since S11, another season that was wrongly hated. They’re both better than 12 & 14 to me but 15 is already on track to beat them all and has potential to be the best since 9. 

13 better than 14? Hard disagree. 13 may have a good winner, but it is a drag to get through

9 hours ago, Stan said:

I loved Season 14 honestly. In hindisght, there were no stars in that cast except Jasmine Kennedie, but that does not necessarily define if a season is good or not (see Season 7 with an AMAZING cast, yet horrible season). 

- The amazing improv challenge

- Snatch Game resulting in the first ever cliffhanger episode of the franchise, where the elimination happened the next episode.

- An amazing lip sync lalaparuza, with a new concept. Jasmine thinking she was slick choosing Daya, then the twist of the chosen queen being able to choose the song. Gag. 

- Daya being a first out, coming back, bullying the girls, then making it to the finale

- Almost everyone doing well in Daytona Winds and Ru not telling the girls about the fart twist

- The non-eliminations leading to a better group dynamic due to the girls having more time to get familiar with each other

- One of the best rusicals

- Jasmine's outing in Untucked being one of the most emotional moments of the franchise

Idk, there were a lot of really great aspects of that season. Dont know why people hate it? I feel like some people just want a queen they can obsess over and then post-show brag about the queens achievements and somehow boost their own ego through it :skull: 

7 hours ago, Relampago. said:

- Messy premiere

- Boring reunion

- AWFUL finale

drag-ru-pauls.gif

In a lot of ways S13 and 14 are polar opposites, so I guess it's a matter of what people value the most when watching the show.

Despite having better runways, lip syncs and cast, I'd never sit through S13 again because the multiple non eliminations, awful judging, mid season Covid special and terrible finale (excluding, once again, the amazing looks) make it a chore. S14 had mostly crunchy runway looks and lip syncs, but at least the challenges were very fresh and entertaining so they made up for an overall weaker cast.

s14 and 15 are a return to form after three middling seasons back to back

S11 and S13 are top notch seasons. Killer lipsyncs, drama and nice looks. I can't believe there are gays who value kumbaya and surface level shade more than bloodbaths and nerve

Okay, @TheOnlyOne's original comment about Bosco took me aback the first time I saw it too, but if they say they didn't mean it that way and they aren't transphobic, y'all should just believe them. Arguing them down trying to prove they're transphobic was weird.

Edited by Solaris

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Y'all need to STOP consigning Mistress to the dustbin of All Stars :biblio: You know how that goes with the girls voting off each other. One competitive girl and she's OUT. 

although this is a possibility, it very rarely happens in reality. it's happened... three times? with manila, jimbo, and pangina. the queens otherwise stick by their "integrity" and eliminate the poorly performing queens over a frontrunner who bottoms for the first time

11 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

What? She's basically touring all the time, while also flying back to Texas to snatch trophies with her dance studio. The fact that she does both is kind of wild actually :rip: She's taking her one-woman show on the road in a couple months with dates in the UK and throughout Europe.

I think fans sometimes have a skewed perception of success where they think someone is only doing well if they're in some mainstream outlet. The fact that Alyssa is still doing solo tours a DECADE after her OG season while managing and choreographing for a highly awarded dance studio sounds like success to me :michael:

Girl that comment you replied to was the dumbest thing I've read in awhile LMAO, I swear the show has warped peoples expectations of drag performers so much :rip:

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Girl what, these were 3 of the WORST things about season 14, not the best :skull:

I want to talk about the 3 way lip sync in particular. It made production look so incompetent, like it was so obvious they just hadn't arranged the season correctly and now needed to fix the numbers by eliminating Jorgeous and Deja. They didn't even bother trying to justify why there was a bottom 3 instead of a bottom 2 or why Daya was in the bottom, they didn't even bother trying to hide that the song was chosen specifically to favor Daya, and neither Jorgeous or Deja even bothered pretending to care.

That episode was such a sham and a perfect example of production mishaps. The worst part is that both the episodes before and after the roast didn't have eliminations, meaning with even a modicum of competence production could easily have arranged things so we didn't need a forced double elimination - and that's not even mentioning the many other non-elimination episodes.

I think it says a lot that neither Deja or Jorgeous were upset about being eliminated right before the finale, especially in a "shock" double elimination. I'm sure they saw what production was doing here. 

9 hours ago, Inner Insanity said:

Just go anywhere where you can listen to podcasts. I use Spotify. Look up Hi Jinkx and look for the one with Bosco. It's absolutely worth it. :flame:

9 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

Here it is on Spotify but it should be available elsewhere.

thx guys

Reasons I don't like season 14:

- Weak runways

- VERY weak lip syncs

- Weak finalists

- Some of the weakest contestants of all time (June, Orion, Kerri, Jorgeous, Jasmine)

- One of the only strong contestants was disqualified early on

- In contention for the worst paced season ever, at least season 13 had COVID as an excuse

- Poorly produced - Alyssa suffered one of the most unfair eliminations ever and their investment in Kerri went nowhere, Orion was coming off hard drugs and was uncomfortable to watch, Jorgeous lip synced FOUR times and didn't eliminate anyone, everyone saw Bosco having the chocolate bar a mile off, production ruined the chocolate twist anyway by having so many other non-elimination episodes, the aforementioned three-way lip sync exposed production's incompetence, etc.

52 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

s14 and 15 are a return to form after three middling seasons back to back

LITERALLY! I would NEVER touch S13 ever again in my life while S14 is amazing to binge again...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.