RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Oh wow Monet stomped that last lipsync :rip: Guess it didn’t matter at all though. Jinkx got embarassed for sure on that stage, when she just stopped and watched Monet :rip: 

Congrats to Jinkx though! I wish we could have seen her compete against girls like Alaska, Bob and Bianca. It’d be interesting.

• Replies 42.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

Surprised to see people saying trinity beat monet.  Trinity gave the worst performance of the night for all 8 girls.  Quite an easy pick for me too.  

Hmm I guess they solely chose based on track record because she didn’t win either of those lip syncs, like at all :rip: but congrats to her she did well this season with that track record. 

7 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

Hmm I guess they solely chose based on track record because she didn’t win either of those lip syncs, like at all :rip: but congrats to her she did well this season with that track record. 

She beat Shea let’s be honest…

Gagged at Raja winning a lip sync against Jaida and Jinkx winning against Shea without any editing trick. Song choice is probably the most important part of any lip sync, no matter how many tricks and stunts one is capable of.

I feel like Trinity clearly won against Monét, she embodied the song way better, but the editing in the final lip sync was truly wild. I can imagine Monét slaying Nicki's verse (while looking great), I'd loved to see it, but she also forgot to lip sync for a couple seconds so who knows. Overall, I'm happy that Jinkx won though (kii at Ru mentioning that the choice was based on the lip sync and performance in the whole competition), but the last lip sync look was hideous.

So so so happy for my girl Raja, she is a legend and let it be know, she got a title every time she competed (same goes for Jinkx, to be fair). She's an actual icon and a really nice person, I'm so glad she got the recognition she deserves. It's kinda wild though that she left the competition with 60k, which is very close to her entire cash prize for S3 (80k). The show has come really a long way.

Loved that they all got a sceptre and final moment with Ru and the judges (well, expect Monét actually), it was very heart-warming. Congrats to Jinkx, one of the most talented queens to ever be on the show. She slayed this season and deserved the title. It looks like it'll be Monsoon season once again!

I wish they’d do away with the LSFTC tbh. It’s time for something new, it was cute when it started in S9 for some gaggy lipsyncs, but now it’s just a formality to crown whoever. I feel like there’s more exciting ways to do it that don’t feel so manufactured. 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Relampago. said:

I wish they’d do away with the LSFTC tbh. It’s time for something new, it was cute when it started in S9 for some gaggy lipsyncs, but now it’s just a formality to crown whoever. I feel like there’s more exciting ways to do it that don’t feel so manufactured. 

Retire it please.  It really wasn’t befitting of this season and they couldn’t even follow through with it’s intended consequences :dies:  

16 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Jinkx got embarassed for sure on that stage, when she just stopped and watched Monet :rip: 

Wait, what? What's the tea? :chick2:

I dunno about So What. Trinity definitely looked more like Pink :rip: but I lived for Monét's 'drunkenly rocking out at karaoke' moves, because that's what the song really is.

Still, fun all 'round for me :gaycat:

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

Wait, what? What's the tea? :chick2:

When Monet starts to Vogue at the end of Nicki’s verse (iirc?), Jinkx stopped lipsyncing and watched her for a bit. They show a short clip of it when Monet begins voguing during the zoomed out part when you can see both of them, but then it quickly cuts away.

Honestly I wish they would have kept it in just for the kii, it’s not as though anyone is convinced Jinkx won the lipsync with just that cut out :skull: She’s still a deserving winner anyways; this lipsync was just something to kill some time and let Monet shine a bit.

I do think Jinkx's win was basically inevitable after Snatch Game happened.

4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

THIS! Can they please go back to the music video format and/or simply make them prepare a finale performance in S8/S14 style? It's such a no brainer and makes queen actually showcase their strengths.

Monet was not good during the Katy Perry parts 

I love Monet (as you can see on my avatar) and Jinkx but I really wanted Jinkx to pull through, even more so after Monet stans were being awfully annoying so I'm happy. :mandown:

you all know a Sasha Velour moment could still happen right? The LSFTC still needs to happen imo.

3 minutes ago, MrPeanut said:

I do think Jinkx's win was basically inevitable after Snatch Game happened.

This is tea, although Monet being everywhere with promo made me think she was coming.

Edited by Raw Honey

Just now, BadBoy said:

you all know a Sasha Velour moment could still happen right? The LSFTC still needs to happen imo.

Hmm, I think the issue is the fact that every queen is TRYING to have their Sasha moment to the point where the lipsync are just Ruveals and it's boring. Like look at the Aquaria vs Eureka one, the big ass outfits and everything. :deadbanana4: It needs to go.

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

When Monet starts to Vogue at the end of Nicki’s verse (iirc?), Jinkx stopped lipsyncing and watched her for a bit. They show a short clip of it when Monet begins voguing during the zoomed out part when you can see both of them, but then it quickly cuts away.

Honestly I wish they would have kept it in just for the kii, it’s not as though anyone is convinced Jinkx won the lipsync with just that cut out :skull: She’s still a deserving winner anyways; this lipsync was just something to kill some time and let Monet shine a bit.

Gag! I generally don't believe rumors, but this sounds pretty legit to me considering how weirdly the lip sync was edited. I mean, Ru said that the decision was also based on their performances in the entire season, so they could've kept more of the lip sync and crowned Jinkx anyway. That's sad, but whatever, I'm more upset that they didn't let Monét have her final speech before closing the episode. It was a little unfair.

The ending of the episode in general felt a little anticlimactic though, like they didn't put much though into it. It'd been nice for Ru (and maybe even the judges) to join the queens on stage for the crowning at least, considering these are all winners already.

LSFTC really isn't the way to go with crowning winners because not every queen should have to be an amazing dancer to snatch the title since there are so many different types of areas to succeed as a drag queen.

4 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

And yet it hasn't happened even once since S9. It's pretty safe to say that a moment like that will never happen again and even if it does it'll always be compared to Sasha's. It's unfortunate that the format peaked the first year it was introduced, but it is what it is and I'd like for the show to move on from it.

23 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

She beat Shea let’s be honest…

Absolutely not :rip:

This Sibling Rivalry after party is fun! The tea Monet is spilling/will spill sounds interesting.

Although with all this behind the scenes drama, I fear there will probably not be an AW2 or at least it’s gonna be mostly flops :skull: 

WOW will get what they deserve when Jinkx will get into a scandal in about two years because of her baby fetish

Monét destroyed her, the edit didn't even save her. Stil, what pisses me off the most is Yvie losing that lip sync to Raja. That was a tragedy.

15 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Anyways, best of luck to Monsoon tonight! She’ll need it x

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

GzHA.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.