RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Grand Finale Variety Extravaganza

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

I really enjoyed the rusical!!! 

Spoiler

In my opinion, the top two should've been Roxxxy and Jorgeous. They were all really funny, so honestly it was a close pick, but Roxxxy doing all those moves as Pennywise was HILARIOUS. A highlight of the season!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 42.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone find it weird how allot of our fave Jewish drag race girls are probably zionists and haven't stood up for Palestinians?  They were so performative for blm and trans rights etc. why not now? Yes everything can be political. Its drag ! Duh. 

Point their fingers here. Who should I avoid:  

Spoiler

read on twitter somewhere that Denali's bf is Zionist. Denali is Jewish so I'm concerned she's radicalized. Correct me i I'm wrong bc I'm trying to get clarification. 

14 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

I once heard somewhere that between sponsorships and the price of all the ad slots that the show pulls in $4 million in revenue per episode. I don't know their expenses obviously (I think licensing each song would cost $20k minimum, RuPaul's salary is probably $3 million - $5 million a season at this point, I'm sure Michelle and the rotating judges get 6-7 figures a season as well, and the costs of running a high budget production are probably pretty significant) but if the real number is anywhere in that ballpark, then they don't have an excuse to bump up the prize money to $1 million except for greed. 

They've given out over $400k in total during S16, so I think they're definitely on their way to giving out more cash. I think giving $5k to the challenge winner might be a good motivation for queens to actually try harder.

I don't think $1M will ever happen though. They probably wouldn't go over half a million and they're probably saving that for All Winners 2.

2 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Is there a justification for why this show only gives out $200k or whatever as a grand prize? It's a pretty paltry number even across the network. I've been watching MTV's The Challenge and they give 1 million to these nobodies for winning (no shade I love the challenge) and drag race is allegedly one of the biggest tv shows in the last few years. 

Rupaul is cheap. Greedy. Are you new here? 

• Like 1

Let me take a shower, prepare my coffee and grab some chocolate chip muffins cause this is about to be an event

Watchery going from one of their best decisions to one of their worst… see when you put Bob in charge again :shakeno:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I know I didn't just see what I think I saw on Sibling Watchery

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Watchery going from one of their best decisions to one of their worst… see when you put Bob in charge again :shakeno:

I went to listen this week and then they introduced dawn and I had to stop.

• Like 2

Spoiler

now Rosé I :rip:

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Jamie£er said:
  Hide contents

now Rosé I :rip:

She's such a skinny Shane Dawson for real :rip: 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Bimbo said:

She's such a skinny Shane Dawson for real :rip: 

remember when i got WPs and threatened with a thread ban for saying this :rip: maybe my read was too ahead of its time for some mods people

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Nina is so annoying and whiny 

• Like 3

This season is unwatchable. Everything is so obviously scripted. I don't particularly like Roxxy, but she deserved to win last week. Her performance was a full transformation doing something that is typically out of her wheel house. But she already has 4 stars, so she wasn't even considered because production has to fabricate this "close" race.

Watching Shannel being so proud that she "earned" 2 badges after flopping all season really gave me bad vibes. I hope Plastique wins the crown, that's the only way to redeem this season. Last season wasn't that good either, but at least Jimbo served something new each week and earned her crown 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

nina girl you wouldnt be in this situation if you didnt give roxxy that badge ... talk about "bad strategy" on her part

• Thanks 1

Plastique being the most succeasful one post-show AND dominating the season. Trixie WISHES

• Thanks 1

this season is really giving nothing, no drama no suspense no iconic moments :rip:

• Like 2

Nina my dear, I can't stand to have you near :gaycat6:

Her words sound mentally straining. It's like she's sonically walking on sharp glass. Everything sounds forced and calculated. Girl you're a man in a wig loosen up PLEASE

• Like 2

Someone on Reddit discussing Nina/her lack of strategy: 

Yes but to be fair Nina is infamous for putting a foot in her mouth.

:hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

• Haha 5

this pairing is so rotted lmao

• Like 1

Plastique has been absolutely demolishing everyone this season… the only thing she really bombed was snatch game.

On 7/9/2024 at 2:44 PM, Aston Martin said:

I once heard somewhere that between sponsorships and the price of all the ad slots that the show pulls in $4 million in revenue per episode. I don't know their expenses obviously (I think licensing each song would cost $20k minimum, RuPaul's salary is probably $3 million - $5 million a season at this point, I'm sure Michelle and the rotating judges get 6-7 figures a season as well, and the costs of running a high budget production are probably pretty significant) but if the real number is anywhere in that ballpark, then they don't have an excuse to bump up the prize money to $1 million except for greed. 

What's more insane is that you have to give half the prize money away for taxes. Reg season should be half mil and all stars 1 million… then I'm sure all the big name girls would actually want to come back…

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.