RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Grand Finale Variety Extravaganza

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

tbh the fact that only one of the top 2 queens wins money for charity kinda rubs me the wrong way :rip: I wish both queens in the top 2 got $5k for their charities as a prize and then the lipsync winner got extra $5k. Plastique having 3 badges but raising $0 is.. not it

also Nina lowkey robbed in the lipsync but I think Shannel and Jorgeous were funnier than her

Edited by bestfiction
  • Like 4

• Replies 42.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

AS2 > AS4 > AS3 > AS7 > AS6 > AS1 > AS5 > AS8 > AS9

Edited by Hexchromatica
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Hexchromatica said:

Couldn't rank it better 

P.s i know that AS7 is for many the 2nd favorite but for my entertainment drama is important 

Edited by shark_heather
  • Like 3

Pitsop was great

AS8 was worth it because it shut up the people that were like "give us an all stars with only early outs!" cause they were such sandbags on that season. 

It was also worth it for Alexis Michelle and Jimbo tho. 

Edited by HonourableVomit
  • Like 4

Shanel is so boring, idk.

• Thumbs Down 1

AS4 > AS2 > AS3 > AS8 > AS9 > AS1 > AS5 > AS6 > AS7

AS4 has eveything I love about drag race. The only reason it's above AS2 is bc of the Lalaparuza. Peak reality tv and the best season of drag racr in terms of entertainment.

Which brings us to AS7... literally zero replayability. The friendly vibe makes for boring bad tv. The lipsyncs were great though.

• Like 1

i really don't know what it is but something about nina makes my skin crawl 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

AS8 was worth it because it shut up the people that were like "give us an all stars with only early outs!" cause they were such sandbags on that season. 

It was also worth it for Alexis Michelle and Jimbo tho. 

Hmm, this is my hot take incoming, but as a long-time defender of Thee Producer, Alexis Michelle, I actually found her AS8 antics quite stale.

To preface, I wanted to see that S9 Alexis back... when she was interrupting Farrah's crying to yell about the girls not warning her that her drag was ugly, or when she was wearing the tackiest outfit of the ball while going back to Untucked and raving about how the other girls were so threatened by her, or when she was reading the girls for being prostitutes or having bad teeth and then immediately getting salty about a fat joke. That delusional, overconfident, no self-awareness theater dame. That's my Alexis.

On AS8 she was just so... pathetic. Crying every other episode. That was all she did all season. That, and uncomfortably flirt with Lala. Like, that reading challenge performance she gave? It's one for the cringe history books. Ick. Also you could tell that she was terrified of Kandy the entire time. Vouching for Heidi's story and then immediately backing down when Kandy showed up. Or eliminating Lala, who had just saved her, to try and earn Kandy's approval. The Alexis I knew would never have let a girl dog walk her so bad!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Hexchromatica said:

This is actually so accurate.

8 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

AS4 > AS2 > AS3 > AS8 > AS9 > AS1 > AS5 > AS6 > AS7

AS4 has eveything I love about drag race. The only reason it's above AS2 is bc of the Lalaparuza. Peak reality tv and the best season of drag racr in terms of entertainment.

Which brings us to AS7... literally zero replayability. The friendly vibe makes for boring bad tv. The lipsyncs were great though.

I get what you say about AS7, but... Why do you rank it so below AS9 then? AS9 is just AS7's way less talented and exciting sister in every aspect. Just the lipsyncs and performances in challenges are abysmally different :rip:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LewisK said:

This is actually so accurate.

I get what you say about AS7, but... Why do you rank it so below AS9 then? AS9 is just AS7's way less talented and exciting sister in every aspect. Just the lipsyncs and performances in challenges are abysmally different :rip:

There's at least some drama on AS9 and I guess recency bias  :rip: Give it a year and I'll probably be ranking it below AS5 or 6

I agree with the petty drama aspect the show needs. 

But often former villains don't want to go there anymore because of the hate. 

Even Violet toned down her act. 

If you go from a fan favorite to a villain. You will be tortured by the fans. 

Only MIB has truly found the balance of being a villain and likeable. 

• Like 1

AS4 is def near peak. Those last two episodes suck hard tho, eugh. :rip:

1 hour ago, Subomie said:

AS4 is def near peak. Those last two episodes suck hard tho, eugh. :rip:

AS4 is my favorite. It was so packed. All the the queens had talent or a big personality. Now some of them have none....

Also I had no idea who would win. It was everybody's game. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TryMe said:

AS4 is my favorite. It was so packed. All the the queens had talent or a big personality. Now some of them have none....

Also I had no idea who would win. It was everybody's game. 

Yee lol, and AS4 is, by my estimations, the last time that All Stars actually had a cast who were all stars. Even the early outs they brought back weren't sneaks, cus Gia and Jasmine are legit iconic personalities.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Subomie said:

Yee lol, and AS4 is, by my estimations, the last time that All Stars actually had a cast who were all stars. Even the early outs they brought back weren't sneaks, cus Gia and Jasmine are legit iconic personalities.

Even frantic Farrah Moan had a place among the queens.

I love it when they incorporate storylines that happend before filming; Farrah VS Gia.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Subomie said:

3 hours ago, TryMe said:

Even frantic Farrah Moan had a place among the queens.

I love it when they incorporate storylines that happend before filming; Farrah VS Gia.

I'll agree with all of that. Every cast since then (except AS7) has definitely had some duds. I think the AS9 cast is actually pretty good but having it be for charity and everyone playing nice for the first half of the season definitely hurt it's enjoyability. 

• Like 1

tyra bringing renewed attention to morgan mcmichaels with her antics in early 2017, leading to morgan getting stunt cast on as3, getting into dela's head to the point where she quit, and helping to open a path for trixie to win as3 instead........

• Haha 6

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 4:04 PM, Almodusa said:

Kandy's makeup (eyes particularly)… oof that's a chop 

Someone said grimace and I can't ever unsee that. Still love her 

Edited by terrijoe

another terribly boring season..

I haven't been able to watch a full season since 13 (I loved Willow)

Now I can only get through the first 2-3 episodes before giving up . The layout is stale, and non-elimination seasons are a joke. 

• Like 4

Kandy always paints a beard and it is crazy it hasn't been brought up so far on the show/Pit Stop etc.

14 minutes ago, ThousandMiles said:

another terribly boring season..

I haven't been able to watch a full season since 13 (I loved Willow)

Now I can only get through the first 2-3 episodes before giving up . The layout is stale, and non-elimination seasons are a joke. 

A willow Stan calling this season terrible. Choices.  😂

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 9:34 PM, Cardcaptor Sakura said:

Shanel is so boring, idk.

not so much on "the worlds most famous drag queen." 

Kandy muse was correct, you can still teach an old dog tricks.  They could've had an actually interesting fun person this season but they went with someone with a personality that of a grandma. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.