RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Grand Finale Variety Extravaganza

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Ok so just finished the episode 

Megami and Mihya both ABSOLUTELY filler queens , especially Mihya she has like literally ZERO personality and ZEEEEROO facial expressions they should have both shashay .... but given that snatch game is next im really curius what Mihya is going to do 

Plasma ... i cant even describe the words of how much im annoyed everytime she opens her mouth or makes a facial expression but trying to be as objective as possible i woulr say that 

Sapphira was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING while Plasma was an over the top unlikable ROBOT 

• Replies 42.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please point me to a plasma confessional where she is funny, or charming, or just not plain annoying? :rip:

Terrible episode

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Call me Dawn, but musical theater is not my thing at all... That Rusical was SO hard to sit through - just really cringe, much more than any previous season.

Also, I didn't agree with the critiques AT ALL this week.

I didn't find Sapphira and Q to be that impressive, but I actually LOVED Morphine. I actually would've put her in the top, but she deserved safe AT LEAST.

Also, as much as I love her, how was Xunami not in the bottom? Clearly the weakest along with Mhi'ya. Megami could've been a cute third bottom.

The lipsync was fine. Either one could've left tbh... I kinda wish Megami stayed. She's been really growing on me and kinda excelling in some challenges. She's also been brining it more in terms of her confessionals/opinions. Her Dawn and Q reads this episode were a serve.

I like Mhi'ya, she's (unintentionally) a kii, but it's her time to go. Every week it's the same story of her being a good dancer and flipping, but she cannot excel at anything else. It's just redundant at this point and she's not really breaking out of her shell, so it's just like beating a dead horse at this point. With it being SG next week, I think she's done. After the preview, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Nymphia who sent her home (although these previews are usually misleading, so maybe Nymhpia does well in the end).

I typically hate Rusical challenges, but this one was actually decent - largely because of Sapphira. 

Did anyone notice they ultimately cut Q from the section we saw in rehearsals? Likely to save ha from flopping. 

This is one of the strongest top 3s in Drag Race herstory! I genuinely thought any of them could have won. Plasma was BORN to play Mariah,  the musical theater experience came in handy. And Sapphira and Q had better runways and both did very well in the challenge! One of the strongest rusicals in Drag Race herstory as no one really did terrible either. 

Glad Mhiya switched up her lipsync style for Flowers. And Plane offering her unwarranted 2 cents in Untucked again. Poor Megami, I think Morphine could have been in the bottom instead. 

Melissa McCarthy showing up as a guest judge was a gag! And Adam Shankman slayed as a director to The Sound Of Rusic :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Plane Jane is THE main character of the season iktr 

All the other queens referencing her and enjoying her - Amanda really took the shade personally and tried to frame her as an evil villain, when she’s just a playful b*tch that everyone loves

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh Queen of Flips you are so legendary :jonny: 

This Rusical was so flawed :deadbanana:

the top 3 being the 3 biggest roles clearly written for a WIN storyline; bottom 3 being all filler roles

why they haven’t tapped into the acclaim the Madonna rusical episode got and done more rusicals where they pre record vocals and everyone gets an equal amount of time is just beyond me :deadbanana:

also you will not convince me that Q has this incredible comedic timing, she certainly didn’t do bad but it indeed was just walking back and forth. Pretty much everyone could’ve done this role and been high

• Like 5

I haven’t watched the episode yet but I’m seeing a ton of praise for Q’s runway… but I actually don’t like it. 

Being over the top doesn’t always make for a good runway, it looks a little silly to me and a bit basic conceptually since it looks like there was just an excess of flowers thrown onto it.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I haven’t watched the episode yet but I’m seeing a ton of praise for Q’s runway… but I actually don’t like it. 

Being over the top doesn’t always make for a good runway, it looks a little silly to me and a bit basic conceptually since it looks like there was just an excess of flowers thrown onto it.

I agree. I immediately thought of Yvie's mantis look from AS7, but she just threw up flowers all over it. I'm still gonna give it a toot in the rate, but it wasn't in my top 3 looks for the week.

I was expecting Sapphira to win that :skull: Plasma was serving x2 speed the whole time :skull: she was out of sync with the other girls :skull:

• Like 1

I'm surprised that despite having one of weakest casts ever and having the filler queens last so long, the season has been entertaining.

rupaul looked an absolute MESS :skull: the skirt made me scream.

in the rusical, i thought plasma, sapphira and jane killed it :sorry: Q did ok, not sure why she was on the top. they're REALLY shoving the girls down our throats this season...

on the runway, miss sapphira made me gasp. the giant petals looked so good and her wig was amazing except the color :jonnycat:

megami... i love you but you deserved it for letting them walk all over you. as per my previous posts, Q could have been scalped with ease.

i can't stand these grown ass people (nymphia and Q) acting like children in the werkroom. olivia luxx ruined drag race.

oh and by the way, mhi'ya lost that lipsync.

• Thumbs Down 1

12 hours ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Am I the only one who didn't care about this challenge? I thought it was really boring. 

you're not alone. it was a throwaway episode that only functioned as a tool for the producers to push their predetermined script.

when megami CLOCKED them with the "what choreo? Q walked back and forth while dragging fabric behind her" :ahh: i don't know why they kept that in because it was too accurate.

9 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Nymphia should've been in the bottom 3 but they got the bottom 2 right (even though Megami was great and Mhiya was the only one who did ok in the challenge)

this is so true

"are you outgoing?"

"yes"

"youre giving me timid"

"no"

"omg you have braces"

"yeah"

• Haha 5

I don't know who that unnecessary woman was

during rehearsals, but damn she was annoying.

Yes, snatch game next week :jonny:

There's no way Mhi'ya survives that

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

its always trixie and bob who force feed their influencer friends on us

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

it's so sad Plasma basically wore Sasha Colby's finale look (but slightly worse), down to the head/body turn at the beginning, because her look was actually really good

• Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Jacobdaniel said:

Orville was fine on Pit Stop but I have to agree with this. I don't want to see non drag queen guests on Pit Stop, and they've been half the guests this season so far. 

I actually didn't care for Plasma's performance in the Rusical, she was doing way too much. :rip:

I also think Mhi'ya lost the lipsync and that Megami should've been low, not BTTM 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacobdaniel said:

Bob’s friends are the absolute most insufferable, unfunny group of gays I’ve ever seen. 

Which executive is Orville Peck boning at WOW? I’m so ******* beyond tired of him.

• Thanks 1

Did Nymphia even utter a word throughout this entire episode? :skull:

The way Plasma absolutely ATE this challenge and runway. Sapphira was also outstanding!

Also to the bitter boots in here hating on Plasma...wbk you are toxic to real TALENT.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

Orville was fine on Pit Stop but I have to agree with this. I don't want to see non drag queen guests on Pit Stop, and they've been half the guests this season so far. 

I'm ok with the pitstop guest not being a RuGirl if they're usual guest judges like Nicole or TS Madison. But Orville and Brittany are just not in RPDR canon, they have no relation to these queens, idc what they think about the episode

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.