RuPaul's Drag Race

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

2 pages ago there were users telling me Delta never goes off on employees :skull:

I was the one telling you that and again if you watched the vid before running your mouth, you would see she’s obviously joking with him and being playful. :deadbanana4:

• Like 5

• Replies 43.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

The real sin on this page was the Rot M Suckera stanning 

This. Truly a terrible queen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Ngl if I wasn't so rich, beautiful and successful seeing all this Maddy praise would have ruined my day :rip:

He was so boring on s14, Ru was exactly right, he just doesn't have that spark that comes from being queer. He's hilarious on the podcast but that's just because it's 90% focused on the guests time on Drag Race. He would bomb any All Stars season lets be real 

Thank you. His dry, wooden self just doesn't possess it. He is a great internet personality though, but I can't see him returning for AS and if he does they will send him out early.

Maddy will always be destined to be an early out, it doesn't matter if it's AS10 or 30

His dry sense of humor would't translate well on Drag Race 

And he is best as an internet personality/podcast host than as a tour queen

:giraffe:

4 hours ago, That Bad Eartha said:

I was the one telling you that and again if you watched the vid before running your mouth, you would see she’s obviously joking with him and being playful. :deadbanana4:

First you told me she never does it and now you're telling me when she does do it she's joking. Which one is it? :rip:

6 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

First you told me she never does it and now you're telling me when she does do it she's joking. Which one is it? :rip:

She never goes off on fast food/restaurant workers. She's "going off" on Mark, her producer that jokes with her because they're friends. Wtf :rip:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Ngl if I wasn't so rich, beautiful and successful seeing all this Maddy praise would have ruined my day :rip:

He was so boring on s14, Ru was exactly right, he just doesn't have that spark that comes from being queer. He's hilarious on the podcast but that's just because it's 90% focused on the guests time on Drag Race. He would bomb any All Stars season lets be real 

Spill. Calling Mandy a star is so :toofunny2:

2 hours ago, LastKiss said:

Maddy will always be destined to be an early out, it doesn't matter if it's AS10 or 30

His dry sense of humor would't translate well on Drag Race 

And he is best as an internet personality/podcast host than as a tour queen

:giraffe:

Maddy’s sense of humor isn’t that different from Bosco’s. 

• Like 2

Maddie is so mediocre in every way. The way he takes up space and only gets recognition in the drag world because he is a straight man is really just so on brand for straight men. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Maddy managed to make complete bores/flops like Pannedgina, Rot M and Dudja Stye watchable and palatable. That is more talent than PooRaul has ever managed to muster with her interview skills on every TicTac lunch, cancelled hosting show and guest appearance on late nite TV.

Should be the next Pit Stop host and I’m not joking even a little 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Her inclusion in RPDR realm is still puzzling, but learning through his show I will give Maddy the benefit of doubt. I mean this ***** was competing in pageant, that is still a dedication and understanding of the craft.

As for her drag, she just doesn’t really has the talent to make it far on the show but her interviewing skill is definitely one of the best out of these queens. 

• Like 1

i donno why y'all hate Maddie so much?
she clearly wasn't the best at drag race but now she's giving platform for other drag queens. Interviews are funny and interesting. We get more info of the queens
She's giving

• Like 1

you guys are so lame and embarrassing for these lukewarm takes on Maddy. enjoy being middle school bullying victims for the rest of your lives :sadviolin:anyone with half a braincell should be able to deduct why it's important to have a drag queen like Maddy

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 3

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Its cause she’s a straight, white man taking up space in an art form mostly established by queer POC.  

And like, yes, we absolutely should be skeptical and reluctant to letting this demographic invade this space. But ultimately, Maddy’s existence isn’t hurting the art and she’s obviously well versed in the art and fully understands the implications of her participation in the art of drag. She’s spoken many times about how she doesn’t want to encourage straight men to do drag because it IS a mainly queer art form. She doesn’t charge for meet and greets at DragCon, as to not exploit the platform that queer people gave her to be there. She’s an outspoken ally. And moreover, she is also affected by these drag bans and the controversy surrounding the art.

Yes, Maddy can remove her drag, becoming a cis, straight white man, and thus remove herself from the oppression in ways queer drag queens cannot. So she can never fully understand the queer perspective and live through it. But nonetheless, her existence challenges the patriarchal, heteronormative standards that oppress queer people. And that’s why it’s absolutely important to have drag performers like her. 

To say that Maddy is benefitting from being a straight man is not only a lazy take, but it’s ignorant in the sense that we can’t just pretend as though we can ignore straight men when trying to subvert the patriarchy. Queer men are a minority and always will be. Very staunch allies like Maddy are not a problem and only serve to help our motive. Not only that, but Maddy is a self made queen and her talk show is her own doing. It’s not like she’s siphoning drag and drag budgets from other queens. I’m not saying she’s exceptional and should be the face of drag, but she is not hurting anyone and if people like her and your only criticism is that she’s straight… just try to think more about what you’re saying.

But do you really think angry ATRL users are even open enough to hearing all that you’re saying? I don’t think…

But kudos to you on this tea :clap3: 

7 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Its cause she’s a straight, white man taking up space in an art form mostly established by queer POC.  

And like, yes, we absolutely should be skeptical and reluctant to letting this demographic invade this space. But ultimately, Maddy’s existence isn’t hurting the art and she’s obviously well versed in the art and fully understands the implications of her participation in the art of drag. She’s spoken many times about how she doesn’t want to encourage straight men to do drag because it IS a mainly queer art form. She doesn’t charge for meet and greets at DragCon, as to not exploit the platform that queer people gave her to be there. She’s an outspoken ally. And moreover, she is also affected by these drag bans and the controversy surrounding the art.

Yes, Maddy can remove her drag, becoming a cis, straight white man, and thus remove herself from the oppression in ways queer drag queens cannot. So she can never fully understand the queer perspective and live through it. But nonetheless, her existence challenges the patriarchal, heteronormative standards that oppress queer people. And that’s why it’s absolutely important to have drag performers like her. 

To say that Maddy is benefitting from being a straight man is not only a lazy take, but it’s ignorant in the sense that we can’t just pretend as though we can ignore straight men when trying to subvert the patriarchy. Queer men are a minority and always will be. Very staunch allies like Maddy are not a problem and only serve to help our motive. Not only that, but Maddy is a self made queen and her talk show is her own doing. It’s not like she’s siphoning drag and drag budgets from other queens. I’m not saying she’s exceptional and should be the face of drag, but she is not hurting anyone and if people like her and your only criticism is that she’s straight… just try to think more about what you’re saying.

You’re correct with most of this, but in this instance… Maddie is actually not benefiting from being a straight man. She’s does not have it genetically. It does not take being gay to be a great comedian or a great beautician but to be able to tap into that pain and resilience while lip syncing… she’s proved she can’t do it. It would take a miracle of a straight man to be greater than. 

also to be a great ally does not mean to see yourself reflected within that community. Just want to point that out. So her inclusion is not necessary in my opinion. You can love and protect things you are not a part of.

Idk how to quote two posts at once but come one, grow some thicker skin, this is drag. She knew what she was getting into and so these criticisms are not only NOT bullying, they’re a part of the culture. She knew, and if she didn’t, She should have known the conversations she would start. And how protective queer people(most of whom in America grew up in fear of straight men in particular) of their safe spaces. Also you know how many years of therapy it’s taken me to get over the **** I went through as a gay kid in southern America? That’s a LOT of money. And it’s all because of straight people. Lol so I’m allowed to love them and be angry at the same time. Also I’ve heard Maddie discuss this concern really eloquently, it doesn’t mean I have to think she is a great drag queen. i Do think she’s a cool straight dude. 

Jesus Christ lol

anyone know when Ebony and Irony will return… :cries:

Edited by Rigalo

I’m obsessed with Delta’s wigs on her podcast. The hair talent is on full display. 

• Like 2

Random thought but I'd kinda kill for a season with both DRUK Crystal and DRDU Etcetera Etcetera :jonny:

• Like 1

It’s a gag to me that there’s only been one SelGo song on Drag Race and it’s Shake It Up :deadbanana2:

But I love this lipsync and genuinely think it’s underrated. April TWIRLING her shirt and eating the lipsync up, Vivacious STOMPING all around looking crazy, Ru AGGRESSIVELY lipsyncing along to “SHAKE IT UP! SHAKE IT UP!” :ahh: 

5 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

It’s a gag to me that there’s only been one SelGo song on Drag Race and it’s Shake It Up :deadbanana2:

But I love this lipsync and genuinely think it’s underrated. April TWIRLING her shirt and eating the lipsync up, Vivacious STOMPING all around looking crazy, Ru AGGRESSIVELY lipsyncing along to “SHAKE IT UP! SHAKE IT UP!” :ahh: 

i was actually thinking earlier, who are some pop girls/icons yall think ru doesn't really care about? just based on the amount of lipsyncs present on the show (which ofc has other factors in deciding them, but shhhhh)

it's always surprised me that mariah has only ever had a single lipsync song across 23 US-based seasons of the show ("emotions" in AS4). some other girls like taylor, selena, demi, kesha, etc. all have only 1 or none at all :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Edge Of Glory said:

it's always surprised me that mariah has only ever had a single lipsync song across 23 US-based seasons of the show ("emotions" in AS4).

Kelly Clarkson recently said she can't often clear Mariah songs even for her Kellyoke segments, so I'm assuming it's a similar case with DR, where it's either too costly or she just doesn't want to clear them :rip:

8 minutes ago, Edge Of Glory said:

i was actually thinking earlier, who are some pop girls/icons yall think ru doesn't really care about? just based on the amount of lipsyncs present on the show (which ofc has other factors in deciding them, but shhhhh)

it's always surprised me that mariah has only ever had a single lipsync song across 23 US-based seasons of the show ("emotions" in AS4). some other girls like taylor, selena, demi, kesha, etc. all have only 1 or none at all :rip:

rihanna hasnt had a lipsync song featured since shut up and drive on AS2 right?

need walking on air to be a lipsync song

Not all this energy over some random straight cis-man :rip:

21 hours ago, PMM said:

i donno why y'all hate Maddie so much?
she clearly wasn't the best at drag race but now she's giving platform for other drag queens. Interviews are funny and interesting. We get more info of the queens
She's giving

I agree. People are still bitter that they casted a straight man on the show, but for some reason only want to take it out on Maddie and not the casting producers. Also people forget that while he is 'straight' he clearly has a deep love and respect for drag, queer culture and the LGBTQAI+ community. Stuff like that is important. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.