RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Was mistress that polarising on s15? I only recently watched it, skipped a lot of untucked but she was my favourite and I didn’t see her being overly antagonistic or any of that…but I was skimming through the episodes.

In terms of kandi, I’m not a fan but this is a terrible move by the promoters. If ticket sales were low then they should bring an extra queen on but to just say it’s because fans complained is rude and sounds like an excuse.

• Replies 42.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JoeRobert said:

Was mistress that polarising on s15? I only recently watched it, skipped a lot of untucked but she was my favourite and I didn’t see her being overly antagonistic or any of that…but I was skimming through the episodes.

In terms of kandi, I’m not a fan but this is a terrible move by the promoters. If ticket sales were low then they should bring an extra queen on but to just say it’s because fans complained is rude and sounds like an excuse.

there was certainly discourse from fans that claimed that her and luxx were antagonizing loosey

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoeRobert said:

The Trixya'd stans definitely bullied her and Luxx for supposedly "bullying" Loosey. Which just shows how insane they are they respond to alleged bullying by behaving even worse.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

No. Absolutely not. No. Kandy has been removed because a vast majority of the fan base wasn’t here for her. Also, as a “producer” she should’ve known that causing drama that made multiple queens want to quit would never end well for her. Kandy was only popular with Ru and a very select fan base. Look at the twitter and instagram votes from the official drag race account of who they wanted to win. Jimbo won by a landslide. Kandy was not great on her first season and absolutely flopped on this one. 

This is not it :biblio:

5 hours ago, qurl said:

gia is one of the funniest people on the planet :skull: 

SKNAFEJNHFBJHASBFAS  I CANNOT BREWATHE

6 hours ago, qurl said:

Top 5 more charismatic and funniest people to ever wak into that workroom. How can you call yourself a Drag Race fan and not stan the Boom Boom Gunn?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, qurl said:

Queen :ahh:

I'm sure Eliminaysha is having a meltdown as we speak. :ahh:

• Haha 2

I didn’t like Kandy in her original season, but I loved her here. If she really wanted to be a villain she would’ve kicked Jimbo.

Heidi went home because she realized the season was produced for Jimbo to win, but she failed to see that they were giving her a robbed queen narrative that would’ve made her the winner of the fame games. 

6 hours ago, qurl said:

"LOVE YOU GUYS!" *sends kiss* 

I love Gia! 

6 hours ago, qurl said:

Naysha at the end is sending me :bibliahh: Truly the loser of All Stars 8.

I think people do too much on Kandy too. Yeah she should've elevated her looks more but hey if that's her drag that's her drag. Either way I think it still would have had the same outcome in terms of the finale and production favoritism. It's not Kandy's fault they casted filler queens who all wanted to give up. They could have already started pulling other international girls for 8 instead of letting Jimbo be the token one if they couldn't convince better American queens to compete.

They also need to do away with these corny twists. It's not exciting. Queen of SDAHH, Chocolate, Fame Fames, they're just cheap gimmicks put in place to disguise production favoritism and make it feel more important than that. I don't know why they don't just have Ru announce a winner in these scenarios. Like why do all that if the chocolate bar was rigged and the fan votes didn't even matter? I don't understand jumping through hoops when it's easier to just let it come out of Ru's mouth. It makes the queens look like a joke especially when the winner wasn't deserving.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf

13 hours ago, JoeRobert said:

instagram had her account deactivated three times during the season because people kept reporting her as hate

10 hours ago, Shinning said:

The Trixya'd stans definitely bullied her and Luxx for supposedly "bullying" Loosey. Which just shows how insane they are they respond to alleged bullying by behaving even worse.

Leave Katya out of this!

I don’t love Kandy but let’s be real, most of the backlash comes from fatphobia and racism. She is a payola queen, and would be more fitting as a fan favorite top 5-6 girl who stirred the pot (ala Loosey, Daya, etc) rather than a two time runner up, but alas.

She is also kind of annoying if you’re not into the bad b****, no ***** given persona, but that annoying personality at least adds some tension to the season. More girls should get in that mindset, cause in S13 and AS8, it was mostly Kandy featuring other girls here and there, and that just caused everyone to hyper focus on Kandy, when what she does for good TV is actually fine, it’s just not backed up by other girls (which would make it more enjoyable/tolerable, see: S15) and so she takes all the hate for her actions. 

Like even Silky doesn’t get the same level of hate despite playing a similar role, mostly cause of her rudemption arc, but also for the fact that girls like Yvie, Vanjie and Rajah were also messy so all the heat didn’t get thrown onto Silky and only Silky.

• Like 6

These arguments make no sense. the difference between kandy and the other girls is that she doesnt have the talent to back it up as simple as that.

And yall agree with me otherwise your posts would be backed with her iconic looks or moments in the 2 seasons she was top 2 aka she was there for every episode which means theres no lack of content to choose from. the problem is she never serves period

vanjie had her cute 1st elim then came back and actually did kinda well and served some nice looks; rajah and yvie are literal winners so any sort of comparison is an insult; silky (annoying af) has great moments on the shows, iconic lipsyncs, amazing looks; the vixen had good looks, iconic untucked moments including the reunion and much needed conversation about racism on the show; daya betty arguably shouldve won s14 because she served c- the entire season serving talent, looks and basically the an entire narrative of her own (aka what yall are trying to imply with kandy); and i could go on with queens like MIB, Luxx, Raven, Gia Gunn, Valentina and NBB (to an extend) etc etc 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, aayAlex said:

This is not it :biblio:

I was not aware that mistress and Luxx had also been removed for the same excuse. In this particular event, race may actually be a factor here. 

3 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

instagram had her account deactivated three times during the season because people kept reporting her as hate

It's also the fact that Instagram hates Sex workers and deactivate any accounts that's even remotely queer and sexual. *Mistress* is a very common dominatrix term, so MIB got caught in the crossfire. Even Sugar talks about it at Roscoe.

Edited by Rep2000

21 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Ranking the queens on how clockable they are is INSANE :bibliahh:

What does this mean exactly?

2 minutes ago, mindbender said:

Like if they are clockable as a man if they are trans/in drag.

2 minutes ago, mindbender said:

Clocking refers to being able to tell someone wasn't "born female"

2 hours ago, CBC said:

These arguments make no sense. the difference between kandy and the other girls is that she doesnt have the talent to back it up as simple as that.

And yall agree with me otherwise your posts would be backed with her iconic looks or moments in the 2 seasons she was top 2 aka she was there for every episode which means theres no lack of content to choose from. the problem is she never serves period

vanjie had her cute 1st elim then came back and actually did kinda well and served some nice looks; rajah and yvie are literal winners so any sort of comparison is an insult; silky (annoying af) has great moments on the shows, iconic lipsyncs, amazing looks; the vixen had good looks, iconic untucked moments including the reunion and much needed conversation about racism on the show; daya betty arguably shouldve won s14 because she served c- the entire season serving talent, looks and basically the an entire narrative of her own (aka what yall are trying to imply with kandy); and i could go on with queens like MIB, Luxx, Raven, Gia Gunn, Valentina and NBB (to an extend) etc etc 

Did you just read 3 sentences of my post and decide to write this or ?

I don’t like Kandy like that and the queens you and I listed are way better (except Drya Booty, Jasmine making her sob with ACTUAL  c*** plays on repeat in my mind constantly). I only listed them cause their villain personas worked on seasons where it helped them prop it up, while Kandy was basically alone on that besides Tamisha.

No one is saying Kandy is deservedly stomping these seasons but to get her kicked off a tour (obvious racism like.. I don’t even need to try to justify that) is doing way too much. Kandy’s never done anything that bad where she deserves Sherry Pie treatment. If her only sin is being arrogant and wearing lame outfits, then we need to start having conversations about why girls like Ginger Minj aren’t getting kicked off tours too then. But the reason is obvious, and trying to argue otherwise isn’t a cute position to take cause it’s pretty in your face. 

• Like 1

That Gia video is sending :bibliahh:

"You're clocking yourself", "I'm not sure who this is" :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.