RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

On 7/29/2023 at 7:42 PM, Relampago. said:

I kind of like the 1 winner a week rule idk. Having a top 2 makes AS wins feel “weaker” in my head and I know that that’s the narrative some people carry with winners of seasons with only top 2s. 

Like Ben already got brought up and her “wins” are massively inflated by the top 2 format, when she likely would have had maybe 1, possibly 2 wins in a LSA season. 

I do think they need to get rid of the LSA format though but I don’t think the top 2 format with lipsyncing for your legacy is enough. I think the suggested system with the winner choosing to save someone out of the bottom 3 and the last 2 lipsyncing for their lives is the best, personally. 

Tati - Alaska - Alyssa - Alaska - Alaska & Alyssa / Detox & Tati - Katya - Detox

Ben - Ben - Kennedy - Ben - Trixie - Bebe - Trixie

Trinity - Valentina - Trinity - Monique - Manila, ig? - Trinity - Naomi - Monique

Ben's tr still be strong

• Like 1

• Replies 42.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, sugrbby666 said:

This was such a great watch! Delta truly is one of the most articulate, intelligent queens out there. I could listen to her talk for hours. :jonny4:

F*CK YOU i wanted to post it myself !!! :monkey:

The way she conducts this all by herself brilliantly, it's SO good !!!!

But then again, i'll still give it to Ms. Shepperd for asking her about Raven after her talking about losing friends to the industry. A worst interviewer would be scared to shake the tables.

• Like 1

I will not tolerate any Delta Work slander. She is an icon and must be protected at all costs. 

• Like 3

sorry i cant get into delta. she's seems such a snob/serious karen. I do see her appeal tho and why sugabb69 karen @ss would stan 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 7/31/2023 at 9:47 AM, Shinning said:

The Vivienne is such a great drag queen. She kinda murdered AS7 and deserved to be top 4 tbh

The sole fact that she saved us from a Divina reign is more than enough to appreciate her

Edited by Galaxy
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 9:14 PM, CroNich said:

Not kandy being removed from the Australian tour due to ‘fan backlash’. Australian promoters once again proving their racist trash. 

No. Absolutely not. No. Kandy has been removed because a vast majority of the fan base wasn’t here for her. Also, as a “producer” she should’ve known that causing drama that made multiple queens want to quit would never end well for her. Kandy was only popular with Ru and a very select fan base. Look at the twitter and instagram votes from the official drag race account of who they wanted to win. Jimbo won by a landslide. Kandy was not great on her first season and absolutely flopped on this one. 

Edited by loveisdead9582
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, loveisdead9582 said:

No. Absolutely not. No. Kandy has been removed because a vast majority of the fan base wasn’t here for her. Also, as a “producer” she should’ve known that causing drama that made multiple queens want to quit would never end well for her. Kandy was only popular with Ru and a very select fan base. Look at the twitter and instagram votes from the official drag race account of who they wanted to win. Jimbo won by a landslide. Kandy wasnot great on her first season and absolutely flopped on this one. 

So what? Just because they played a villain on a produced reality tv show means they shouldn’t be getting booked???? 

I understand she’s not the most popular queen but it’s not like they were trying to sell it as ‘The Kandy Show’, there’s enough well liked and popular queens on the tour to warrant keeping a less popular queen on.

We all know how toxic this fanbase is, so for them to lean into that and double down on the unwarranted hate Kandy is getting shows that these promoters a toxic and arguably racist (which many of the Australian queens have called out before btw). Etc etc said she would never work with them again after a couple of really bad experiences.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CroNich said:

So what? Just because they played a villain on a produced reality tv show means they shouldn’t be getting booked???? 

I understand she’s not the most popular queen but it’s not like they were trying to sell it as ‘The Kandy Show’, there’s enough well liked and popular queens on the tour to warrant keeping a less popular queen on.

We all know how toxic this fanbase is, so for them to lean into that and double down on the unwarranted hate Kandy is getting shows that these promoters a toxic and arguably racist (which many of the Australian queens have called out before btw). Etc etc said she would never work with them again after a couple of really bad experiences.

I was actually more optimistic about Kandy before I started watching the season. If it had dropped all at once I might have been more for Kandy. Hearing her straight up say that she caused a bunch of drama that caused one queen to leave and multiple others want to leave makes me not like her… all for (what she described as) “good television”. Watching interviews since, and reading her tweets, she absolutely did these things because she honestly thought that it would benefit herself. If someone was cancelled simply because of their race then I would absolutely be up in arms against it. Kandy on the other hand earned her fate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

F*CK YOU i wanted to post it myself !!! :monkey:

The way she conducts this all by herself brilliantly, it's SO good !!!!

But then again, i'll still give it to Ms. Shepperd for asking her about Raven after her talking about losing friends to the industry. A worst interviewer would be scared to shake the tables.

Yeah he's very good at digging deep and not just asking surface level questions. The Emmy situation is truly just so gross and ****** up of WOW

25 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I was actually more optimistic about Kandy before I started watching the season. If it had dropped all at once I might have been more for Kandy. Hearing her straight up say that she caused a bunch of drama that caused one queen to leave and multiple others want to leave makes me not like her… all for (what she described as) “good television”. Watching interviews since, and reading her tweets, she absolutely did these things because she honestly thought that it would benefit herself. If someone was cancelled simply because of their race then I would absolutely be up in arms against it. Kandy on the other hand earned her fate. 

I’m still not sure why playing the villain on a frickin tv show that was filmed over a year ago has ‘earned her fate’, meaning she shouldnt get booked, like that’s just ridiculous.

Also Heidi and other queens have stated multiple times that Kandy wasn’t the reason Heidi quit, so you can drop that argument thank you. 

Edited by CroNich
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:47 AM, Shinning said:

The Vivienne is such a great drag queen. She kinda murdered AS7 and deserved to be top 4 tbh

She should’ve been top two with Jinx imho

Edited by Dula Peep

Kandy is an excellent queen who did her best to provide us some entertainment bc of how boring everyone was (her words not mine). How can ypu hate ob her?

Gia did the same but luckily for her she had Trinity the Devil to bounce off with and we all live for her.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CroNich said:

I’m still not sure why playing the villain on a frickin tv show that was filmed over a year ago has ‘earned her fate’, meaning she shouldnt get booked, like that’s just ridiculous.

Also Heidi and other queens have stated multiple times that Kandy wasn’t the reason Heidi quit, so you can drop that argument thank you. 

Heidi says that now after she committed to a tour with Kandy - thank you. Kandy would have been much better off if she’d have actually showcased her growth as a queen. I thought that she had potential until she tried to repeat what she did in her original season - stir the pot because she has nothing left. Kandy has been successful since her original season. Kandy is a beautiful queen who is capable of being comedic if she sets her mind to it. Kandy chose to repeat the same. *******. Silhouette. Every god damn week and rely of causing drama to keep herself in the spotlight. Even if the queens don’t strictly claim that she is the reason they wanted to quit… girl… keep up. Even Alexis said she’d have changed her vote if she could. She may be the only one to admit it but it’s very obvious that **** was stirred either directly or indirectly because of Kandy. 

I don’t wish bad things upon her at all but if Kandy had put as much effort into her looks as she did creating/producing drama, she might have actually earned her way into another top two instead of bullying her way into it. 

Edited by loveisdead9582
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Heidi says that now after she committed to a tour with Kandy - thank you. Kandy would have been much better off if she’d have actually showcased her growth as a queen. I thought that she had potential until she tried to repeat what she did in her original season - stir the pot because she has nothing left. Kandy has been successful since her original season. Kandy is a beautiful queen who is capable of being comedic if she sets her mind to it. Kandy chose to repeat the same. *******. Silhouette. Every god damn week and rely of causing drama to keep herself in the spotlight. Even if the queens don’t strictly claim that she is the reason they wanted to quit… girl… keep up. Even Alexis said she’d have changed her vote if she could. She may be the only one to admit it but it’s very obvious that **** was stirred either directly or indirectly because of Kandy. 

I don’t wish bad things upon her at all but if Kandy had put as much effort into her looks as she did creating/producing drama, she might have actually warned her way into another top two instead of bullying her way into it. 

she didn't stir the pot to the extent that you're seemingly implying, it was the one incident w Heidi and it wasn't that major anyways. Clearly Heidi was already in her head prior to that whole situation anyways, she was mad she wasn't getting wins and left 

18 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I don’t wish bad things upon her at all but if Kandy had put as much effort into her looks as she did creating/producing drama, she might have actually earned her way into another top two instead of bullying her way into it. 

I don’t disagree with basically all of this. She showed basically 0 growth between her original season and all stars. I don’t really know if I’d go as far as to say she bullied her way into the top 2… as if production hadn’t already decided that from the beginning. 

17 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

she didn't stir the pot to the extent that you're seemingly implying, it was the one incident w Heidi and it wasn't that major anyways. Clearly Heidi was already in her head prior to that whole situation anyways, she was mad she wasn't getting wins and left 

In interviews at roscoes from queens after the fact, it was heavily implied that she was a part of it. Alexis allegedly had yet another crying spell that - although it wasn’t “caused by Kandy” - was indicative of her frustrations in general. She later went on to say that she would’ve changed her vote to eliminate Kandy instead of Lala if she could. At least one other contestant somewhat hinted that the drama was why they wanted to leave. 

Heidi did go on to say that she was in a negative headspace from the get go… but purposefully engineering drama that pushes someone who’s already in a bad place over the edge is supposed to be okay??? No. Kandy engineered the drama. Kandy got called out on the drama. And the Kandy had the gall, the audacity, and the gumption to be offended that she was called out on the drama that she engineered that made other girls either directly or indirectly not want to be there. 

my argument is this - look at the fan polls in instagram, Facebook and twitter. A huge majority didn’t want Kandy to win. If Kandy had tried to spend her time elevating her drag and her performance instead of simply trying to give us a reductive greatest hits from season 13, she might have stood a chance of winning. But she didn’t. And she played the victim the entire time on twitter. She kept making herself look worse and worse and yet people are going to sit her and try to act as though she didn’t turn herself into the villain and make herself unlikeable. 

Edited by loveisdead9582
  • Like 1

Just now, CroNich said:

I don’t disagree with basically all of this. She showed basically 0 growth between her original season and all stars. I don’t really know if I’d go as far as to say she bullied her way into the top 2… as if production hadn’t already decided that from the beginning. 

I would absolutely argue that she did - if only for her roscoes appearance she she claimed that the other girls voted with her (essentially taking credit for who got voted out). Again, if she’d focused on showing a more elevated version of herself, she may not have won but she would have endeared herself to the fans.

1 minute ago, loveisdead9582 said:

In interviews at roscoes from queens after the fact, it was heavily implied that she was a part of it. Alexis allegedly had yet another crying spell that - although it wasn’t “caused by Kandy” - was indicative of her frustrations in general. She later went on to say that she would’ve changed her vote to eliminate Kandy instead of Lala if she could. At least one other contestant somewhat hinted that the drama was why they wanted to leave. 

Heidi did go on to say that she was in a negative headspace from the get go… but purposefully engineering drama that pushes someone who’s already in a bad place over the edge is supposed to be okay??? No. Kandy engineered the drama. Kandy got called out on the drama. And the Kandy had the gall, the audacity, and the gumption to be offended that she was called out on the drama that she engineered that made other girls either directly or indirectly not want to be there. 

my argument is this - look at the fan polls in instagram, Facebook and twitter. A huge majority didn’t want Kandy to win. If Kandy had tried to spend her time elevating her drag and her performance instead of simply trying to give us a reductive greatest hits from season 13, she might have stood a chance of winning. But she didn’t. And she played the victim the entire time on twitter. She kept making herself look worse and worse and yest people are going to sit her and try to act as though she didn’t turn herself into the villain and make herself up likeable. 

she just really didn't come across as a villain to me, its a game at the end of the day and I don't think its that serious. She's fun tv for the most part and if you're willing to leave or want to leave because someone is playing it then I don't think you should be there anyways. people just do too much with Kandy and paint her out to be villainous like phi phi which just is not the case. 

• Like 4

Just now, loveisdead9582 said:

I would absolutely argue that she did - if only for her roscoes appearance she she claimed that the other girls voted with her (essentially taking credit for who got voted out). Again, if she’d focused on showing a more elevated version of herself, she may not have won but she would have endeared herself to the fans.

Again I agree with this. I still just don’t think she did anything horrible, disgusting or nasty enough to warrant all the hate she’s been getting from the fans and having her gigs be cancelled, especially considering the final edit of the show is like 2% of what actually happens on set. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that one though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, loveisdead9582 said:

No. Absolutely not. No. Kandy has been removed because a vast majority of the fan base wasn’t here for her. Also, as a “producer” she should’ve known that causing drama that made multiple queens want to quit would never end well for her. Kandy was only popular with Ru and a very select fan base. Look at the twitter and instagram votes from the official drag race account of who they wanted to win. Jimbo won by a landslide. Kandy was not great on her first season and absolutely flopped on this one. 

Hm, even Luxx and Mistress' tour also got cancelled for the same reason with this company. So I believe the queens in this case that it's because of how racist the tour company in that country is. Using the fan base as an excuse is kinda gross tbh.

• Like 4

Wow. Imagine low key hating and downplaying Kandy :biblio:

she literally made the last all

stars season watchable 

Everyone else was playing the best friend race 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

54 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Hm, even Luxx and Mistress' tour also got cancelled for the same reason with this company. So I believe the queens in this case that it's because of how racist the tour company in that country is. Using the fan base as an excuse is kinda gross tbh.

I was not aware of Luxx or mistress’s tours being cancelled for the same reason. I don’t think that either of them created such a negative appeal as Kandy. 

37 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I was not aware of Luxx or mistress’s tours being cancelled for the same reason. I don’t think that either of them created such a negative appeal as Kandy. 

All 3 of them received sizeable hate for their polarizing personalities and it’s no coincidence that all of them are either plus sized or a poc

Edited by blackoutbritney

Kandy has NO talent whatsoever. She only has a big mouth. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

All 3 of them received sizeable hate for their polarizing personalities and it’s no coincidence that all of them are either plus sized or a poc

It's definitely the promoter's fault because they made the decisions while throwing Australia and NZ's audience under the bus. Especially after how DU S1 gave the region a bad name with all those racists allegations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.