RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

16 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

This. I never would have guessed it, but she's a great host. I actually think her not making it very far makes her humble, and she relates to the girls better because of it.

I also think some of y'all do too much on BLH, who is also a good host, and is far more charismatic on CDR than she was on her US season. Imo, when it comes to hosting:

Nicky Doll > Lolita Banana > BLH > Valentina > Rita Baga

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Well, to be fair, Nicky is miles above the others, and I think the rest of the girls are worse hosts than most of the others (who aren't former Ru girls). But I think Lolita is still good compared to her peers. She's a little awkward in the canned bits parts, but I think she's very natural in walkthroughs and challenges, and she has a good balance of being supportive and critical. Valentina has more star power, but she's def the inferior host of the pair.

Lolita is awkward (and yes her mug / looks are kind of questionable) but it seems like Valentina has been getting better / more comfortable as the episodes have gone on and has improved over time. The last episode is the first time I felt as if she was really settling well into the role so hopefully it continues to get better. 

• Replies 42.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

can you really say that Naysha is worse then the likes of Sugar and Spice who can't perform to save their life?

Yes :sistrens:

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

55 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Based on track records, can you really say that Naysha is worse then the likes of Sugar and Spice who can't perform to save their life?

Absolutely.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

37 minutes ago, G.U.Y said:

Yes :sistrens:

33 minutes ago, Jaye said:

Absolutely.

I hate some of you no drag knowledge having people in here

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

10 minutes ago, Solaris said:

In terms of drag race, she's not entertaining, most of her outfits were just JLO-rehashes and not original and or just bodysuits. So therefore yes, Sugar & Spice are better than her. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rep2000 said:

There is a different between drags and drag race. Plenty of amazing drag queens suck at drag race, and vice versa. Based on track records, can you really say that Naysha is worse then the likes of Sugar and Spice who can't perform to save their life?

Yes because Sugar and Spice utilize their mediocrity to form a brand and make people actually enjoy them

Naysha refuses to acknowledge that she’s untalented and uses producer “tea” as a shield so she’s unlikable too

A lack of self-awareness is a killer in this industry, see: Kandy, Naysha, etc

• Like 2

There is a different between drags and drag race. Plenty of amazing drag queens suck at drag race, and vice versa. Based on track records, can you really say that Naysha is worse then the likes of Sugar and Spice who can't perform to save their life?

One could argue that being good at drag race is the best way to show that you're good at drag, especially to people who don't come to see you perform in dingy nightclubs or don't watch the sparkly gown and hair loaf competition that you won ten years ago :rip:

• Haha 1

The naysha tea isn’t surprising and whilst I don’t agree with what the producers do, Kandy would never be in the running for the crown without that same producer interference. She’s been saved from the bottom in both seasons and quite literally from elimination in her first, not clocked on her one silhouette all season. With that dry delivery and fake laugh she should’ve been in the bottom with Naysha on episode 2. 

She definitely gets too much hate but I’m sure it would’ve be so intense had she not been unfairly pushed by production over more talented and deserving queens in both her seasons.

• Like 1

Has Global Allstars been officially announced yet?

Edited by GotMyBlueprint

1 hour ago, Jaye said:

In terms of drag race, she's not entertaining, most of her outfits were just JLO-rehashes and not original and or just bodysuits. So therefore yes, Sugar & Spice are better than her. 

Yeah honestly after I wrote that I realized they probably meant the twins are better on Drag Race and I overreacted. You’re right, even Sugar and Spice were better contestants than Naysha, and that’s saying a lot because the twins were the definition of filler contestants.

I like Naysha but she just doesn’t have the kind of spectacle and absurdity that Drag Race is all about. Naysha takes things too seriously and she isn’t unique. If there’s two things you can say about Sugar and Spice, it’s that they don’t take things seriously and they are unique.

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Jaye said:

Lolita is awkward (and yes her mug / looks are kind of questionable) but it seems like Valentina has been getting better / more comfortable as the episodes have gone on and has improved over time. The last episode is the first time I felt as if she was really settling well into the role so hopefully it continues to get better. 

That's good to hear. I think I'm behind (I've seen 3 eps), but I was wondering if she would potentially pull a BLH and get better as the series goes on.

4 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

Based on track records, can you really say that Naysha is worse then the likes of Sugar and Spice who can't perform to save their life?

Absolutely, isn’t that obvious? :rip:

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Yes because Sugar and Spice utilize their mediocrity to form a brand and make people actually enjoy them

Naysha refuses to acknowledge that she’s untalented and uses producer “tea” as a shield so she’s unlikable too

A lack of self-awareness is a killer in this industry, see: Kandy, Naysha, etc

To call Naysha untalented is ... a choice. :rip:

Drag race is not the be all end all for drag queens! Gosh...

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

... exactly!

This Naysha piling on is frankly insulting and disrespectful to the whole pageantry system. Like, I understand the temptations to **** on a Miss Continental winner. She's clearly talented irl, she just doesn't learn how to translate that to drag race.

2 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

One could argue that being good at drag race is the best way to show that you're good at drag, especially to people who don't come to see you perform in dingy nightclubs or don't watch the sparkly gown and hair loaf competition that you won ten years ago :rip:

And trust and believe this is why tons of legendary drag queens don't even wanna show up to the show, just because of how unrealistic the regular show's challenges is to their actual career. Or how you the drag race audience look down in them based on some pre-determined placements on a *reality show*.

And then you all complained about why the competition is filled with twinks who can't barely perform and why none of the actual talented drag queens are there.

Edited by Rep2000
  • Like 2

Making Ru laugh is not the measure of a good drag queen. 

With that said, queens who don't wanna play the Drag Race game are better served not going on the show. 

• Thanks 1

To call Naysha untalented is ... a choice. :rip:

Drag race is not the be all end all for drag queens! Gosh...

Enlighten me on Naysha’s exorbitant talents then.

The way Nahsha defenders are crawling in here screaming “drag race is not for everyone!! no drag knowledge!! dumb gays!!” as if I haven’t searched far and wide on the internet trying to understand the mystery of Naysha Lopez winning Miss Continental, being cast on S8, being brought BACK, and then being brought back AGAIN only to be unimpressed with the former and shocked that producers were interested in putting a BOMB on TV 3 times in a row. 

Naysha’s MC performances are mediocre especially compared to some of her DR MC winner peers, her performances off the show are mediocre, her runs on the show are abysmal, and everything she’s shown is always half-baked and raw (not in a good way). Sure, drag race isn’t for everyone, and there are some queens who don’t do well on the show but even then there’s usually some potential we can see on the show. Hell, even Princess Poppy with her fugly looks and 2nd out status made us kii and laugh with her quitting drag moment and her winning the IDGAF wars. Naysha can’t even do that. 

And you know why? The reason is the same as why no one likes her— she lacks awareness. She thinks she’s something she’s not, I assume because of a title she won over a decade ago, but maybe it’s because of insecurity. I don’t know. What I do know is that Naysha holds herself back, and her lack of talent could be remedied by working on her craft and focusing on what she can actually do well (not that I know what that is, she bombs in every category of drag pretty much) and not dragging/discrediting other queens who are most certainly talented on and off Drag Race, Jimbo being the most recent example, with stale tea that’s as bitter as she is. 

As much as Naysha whines about payola, she’s benefitted a lot from the payola of winning MC, and being cast on drag race twice. She should be proud of that, but I can’t take her crying payola seriously when she is the living embodiment of it, and not even that payola could save her from her fate of being known as Eliminaysha.

• Like 4

I just don't get all of the Naysha hate in here. Not only is the tea she spills delicious and usually a kii, but she's also always advocating for better opportunities for the girls, and a better drag race in general. Naysha wants to unionize the girls so that they can take back some of the power. She wants, what I thought most of us want, a competition show that isn't rigged. Drag race is the LGBT+ communities sport, and I, like others, want fair games and Naysha fights for that.

• Like 4

as if Miss Continental is some impartial totally fair and balanced competition unaffected by judge bias or network lol 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2023 at 8:34 PM, Iceland said:

Lala winning the fame games would be a joke :gayalipacat3:

Welp! I’m laughing. Are you? Lala Rig for queen of fame games? I could not believe it.

They have run out of actual allstars at this point I think. Didn't like this season at all.

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

People paid for this skljfdgjslgjkfg

LMFAO I can't

people claiming nayshas talented are free to post some receipts btw

Bob trying to use the tactics she uses with Monet but the real world clocking them in a heartbeat :rip:

51 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Bob trying to use the tactics she uses with Monet but the real world clocking them in a heartbeat :rip:

:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.