RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Grand Finale Variety Extravaganza

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Tried to come up with my top 10 drag race queens (I mostly watch US) and came up with something like this:

1. Peppermint

2. Kennedy Davenport

3. Jaida Essence Hall

4. Raja

5. Jujubee

6. Thorgy Thor

7. Sasha Colby

8. Asia O'Hara

9. Sasha Velour

10. Alyssa Edwards/Yara Sofia

:WAP:

• Replies 42.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Heldenzeit said:

Tried to come up with my top 10 drag race queens (I mostly watch US) and came up with something like this:

1. Peppermint

2. Kennedy Davenport

3. Jaida Essence Hall

4. Raja

5. Jujubee

6. Thorgy Thor

7. Sasha Colby

8. Asia O'Hara

9. Sasha Velour

10. Alyssa Edwards/Yara Sofia

:WAP:

This isn’t shade but I don’t think you would see a duplicate of this list if you surveyed every drag fan :clap3:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

This isn’t shade but I don’t think you would see a duplicate of this list if you surveyed every drag fan :clap3:

It reads like the biggest of shade though :ahh:

7 hours ago, Bimbo said:

The quality of regular AS winner SKYROCKETING from Kylie to Jimbo :deadbanana:

I saw Kylie in person and she danced, split, twirled, sang beautifully live, overall turned it OUT. One of the best performances I've seen. Detox literally kissed me during her set and nothing compares to what Kylie did I was mesmerized. Please stop.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 hours ago, Rigalo said:

Jimbo is so overrated on here lol I’m cackling at you guys gagging at stuff she’s already done on the show :ahh: 

Not this post getting 15 dislikes, oh it was bad for you!

OT: Jimbo absolutely destroyed this season, I'm curious how the finale lipsync is going to turn out though

10 minutes ago, Sloth said:

OT: Jimbo absolutely destroyed this season, I'm curious how the finale lipsync is going to turn out though

I’m thinking she might perform the final lipsync as Shirley Temple, she’s been doing it live lately and it’s just crazy. She even did it against Jasmine to Hallucinate in a club, and she basically destroyed her to the point she also felt the need to embarass herself and tap-dance. :rip:

This way of lipsysincing is extremely powerful coming from Jimbo, ‘cause it forces you to enter a state of ridiculousness that the majority of queens are actually not willing to go into, especially fashion/dancing queens who take themselves too seriously. 

• ATRL Moderator
19 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

I saw Kylie in person and she danced, split, twirled, sang beautifully live, overall turned it OUT. One of the best performances I've seen. Detox literally kissed me during her set and nothing compares to what Kylie did I was mesmerized. Please stop.

You realize two things can be true at once and that Kylie giving a good live performance IRL doesn't change the fact that she is bad at Drag Race and spent most of AS6 giving LOW performances, with a couple SAFEs here and there?

She's for sure a better live performer than Jimbo. But Jimbo did better at Drag Race in every single way outside of lipsyncs, so yes, there will be a huge shift in quality from the AS6 to AS8 winner if Jimbo does win.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

You realize two things can be true at once and that Kylie giving a good live performance IRL doesn't change the fact that she is bad at Drag Race and spent most of AS6 giving LOW performances, with a couple SAFEs here and there?

She's for sure a better live performer than Jimbo. But Jimbo did better at Drag Race in every single way outside of lipsyncs, so yes, there will be a huge shift in quality from the AS6 to AS8 winner if Jimbo does win.

You DO realize that two vastly different queens with different fortes can be elevated and praised for their abilities without putting the other down? I don't even understand where the points of comparison are? Why would I say well Willow is trash compared to Sasha, what a MASSIVE leap!. Unnecessary and rude. And I disagree entirely about the shift in quality. Challenge wins and performances are quite subjective and they bring completely different things to the table.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sloth said:

Y’all just proving my point lol 15 dislikes and the only “rebuttal” is “well everyone else sucks, so…” :ahh: 

i just feel like it’s a little early to be doing callbacks to stuff when your first stint on the show was three years ago. The baloney thing was exactly what she did on UKvsTW for her talent show. A year and a half ago. I’m personally not gagging. I have a stinking suspicion that a LOT of girls would be dog walked for doing the same thing, but it’s JIMBO! :fan: 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

18 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

well Willow is trash compared to Sasha, what a MASSIVE leap!. 

this SPILL, you’re right and you should say it :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JimWINNER getting some of the girls mad. The winner of AS8 did that :clap3:

And yes, to join the conversation Sasha and Jimbo, both very different yet both very good at Drag Race, are irrefutably better winners than their predecessors. 

• ATRL Moderator
40 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

You DO realize that two vastly different queens with different fortes can be elevated and praised for their abilities without putting the other down? I don't even understand where the points of comparison are? Why would I say well Willow is trash compared to Sasha, what a MASSIVE leap!. Unnecessary and rude. And I disagree entirely about the shift in quality. Challenge wins and performances are quite subjective and they bring completely different things to the table.

We're comparing contestants from... a competition show. It's not that deep. They might not have been on the same season, but it's perfectly reasonable for the fandom to compare performances across the series, given that the entire show is about performing in drag and being assessed for your abilities :rip: In fact, formats like All Stars and All Winners makes the concrete case that the queens can still compete with girls from other seasons, so our comparisons don't come out of nowhere.

Sure, it's all subjective, which is why we're all in here sharing our opinions for 1096 pages.

Spoiler

However, it's also an objective fact that Kylie is bad at every skill assessed on Drag Race outside of performance :gaycat4:

• Like 1

Bianca and Manila dragging aLIExis to filth :jonny5:

14 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

I'm kinda confused by the format next week - are they going to eliminate someone or not?

if you look up the descriptions of the episodes, you'll know. there are 3 more eps to go.

On 6/30/2023 at 10:23 AM, TrueBlood said:

Again, still complaining about this in 2023? Let's not act like this is the first time this is happening, especially on an All Stars season.

Just deal with the fact and move over it, 'cause we all know this is how things have been working since the very beginning and we all rate and judge queens based on what production wants us to see.

Just because it’s happened and will continue to happen doesn’t make it NOT corny :kitty:

Edited by Anvarie

On 6/30/2023 at 10:57 AM, Rotunda said:

Most seasons only have 2-3 performance-based challenges (a Rusical, a RuMix, and more recently a Lip Sync Twist/Challenge). 

There’s nothing abnormal about the challenge distribution this season.

The order matters Ma, it’s easier to hide lackluster skills behind a fuller cast 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Life Savers said:

JimWINNER getting some of the girls mad. The winner of AS8 did that :clap3:

And yes, to join the conversation Sasha and Jimbo, both very different yet both very good at Drag Race, are irrefutably better winners than their predecessors. 

In Sasha’s case the difference is even way bigger, considering she’s the best winner since Bob/Sasha.

• Like 1

If Jimbo wins:

1. Jimbo
2. Jinx
3. Alaska
4. Trinity
5. Chad
6. Monet
7. Shea
8. Trixie

9. Kylie

Based on how they performed on AS seasons

2 minutes ago, justlore said:

If Jimbo wins:

1. Jimbo
2. Jinx
3. Alaska
4. Trinity
5. Chad
6. Monet
7. Shea
8. Trixie

9. Kylie

Based on how they performed on AS seasons

why is Shea below Monet

There was no way to from here for Alexis, unfortunately all stars is a game of friendship politics first and foremost, but she kept delivering excellent television till the bitter end. She truly embraced every single moment with the gravitas of digging a grave for a loved one, all the while being uncomfortably horny. She's an exemplary freudian case study, a legend, she is the moment. I wanted her back on my screen for so long and she did not disappoint.

Succesica keeps slaying, I love it. I truly think a roast is probably the hardest thing to do when you don't fully master a language, but somehow her less than perfect English made it all that much funnier. 

Jimbo had a homerun of an episode, self-producing her way to a 'win over obstacles', she's too smart.

Kandy should have been roasted for that runway and her stealing of jokes, but I will say she's an expert at dealing with a crowd.

(people will get me for this, but this pit stop proving once again that Manila is one of the most stunning queens ever, flawless from head to toe)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Afferty said:

why is Shea below Monet

her performance on AS5 does not reflect her real talent 

Listening to sibling  watchers finally. On episode 4 and they are clearly not enthused by this season :bibliahh:

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

• ATRL Moderator

it's been a tough nine weeks to be an OJH, let them delusionally fume because it's only gonna get worse once she wins :rip:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unoriginal said:

it's been a tough nine weeks to be an OJH, let them delusionally fume because it's only gonna get worse once she wins :rip:

Are the OJHs in the room with us now

Don’t say you’re tired of watching Jimbo for 3 years straight or you’ll really bring out the persecution complex in some of these people 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.