RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

A lot of the girls momentum died for All Stars or they're passed their drag prime. Not everyone can be a Stinx.

• Replies 42.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Bimbo

• Rotunda

Top Posters In This Topic

There are more risks involved with All Stars than benefits, imo. Followers are barely increasing, it's expensive af, it's not even on TV anymore, you may get voted off early and tarnish your legacy. There's a reason why WOW is scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of casting. 

Cancel this **** and move on to Global All Stars pls :coffee2:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Morissette said:

There are more risks involved with All Stars than benefits, imo. Followers are barely increasing, it's expensive af, it's not even on TV anymore, you may get voted off early and tarnish your legacy. There's a reason why WOW is scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of casting. 

Cancel this **** and move on to Global All Stars pls :coffee2:

Idk why people think Global All Stars is gonna be some massive fix to any of these issues, it is still gonna be on Paramount plus. Unless they really reinvent the format or pump up the budget to get the big name girls, I feel like it will just be an improved version of the VtWorld format at best. 

If we're being honest, the only international seasons that arguably had "global" reach were UK 1/2, Canada 1, and maybe España 1/2 (even these I feel like were just critically adored within the fan base, the average drag race fan likely hasn't seen them). So it'll be like 2-4 huge US names, a few moderately established names from Can/UK and then a bunch of international finalists that the average viewer will be seeing for the first time on this show.

https://twitter.com/truthspeaker02/status/1668479736895479811?s=46&t=FTGhFCtqyRNaIkOE_GEiRw

I’m not black but it just feels wrong to keep policing these girls’ relationships :rip: I don’t understand the obsession, especially cause it’s usually attacking the queens and not their white partners. 

On 6/13/2023 at 2:29 AM, satellites.™ said:

Kahanna was at Roscoes last week letting Naysha's nasty ass spirit get her into coming for Heidi about snatch game again.

I knew Naysha's foul energy had something to do with this. She's such a negative presence on screen it's not surprising she does it behind the scenes too :rip:

Watched the rusical again (they have genuinely become so entertaining, Leland does does such a good job) and Alexis was robbed. Her part wasn't the most hilarious, but she was excellent and her runway and mug were stunning. Not even a top placement was blasphemous.

I don't mind Kandy as much as you all, but even if I think she's mediocre as a queen, she's a very smart drag race queen. Her part had the obvious win written all over it.

The biggest problem with the latest all stars are not the queens imo, but the lip sync assasins. Queens like La La and Kahanna are barred from doing what they excel in. La La's performance in the rusical was so good, she comes alive when performing. A bar queen through and through (not derogatory). Either bring back a lip sync for your life or make the lip sync between the two top all stars. Imagine an all stars 5 where Derrick might have saved her own ass in a lip sync.

I also cackled seeing Nashya's runway. I can excuse MBH because she probably doesn't have the coin, but Nashya is really just tragic. A so called beauty queen getting outshined by Darienne and Kasha.

I don't want to see detox lose again, people like her or alyssa are above it all now anyway. watch drag me dinner or something if you want to see her on tv

I'd like an all stars of more finalists, not middle outs

17 minutes ago, Haze said:

The biggest problem with the latest all stars are not the queens imo, but the lip sync assasins. Queens like La La and Kahanna are barred from doing what they excel in. La La's performance in the rusical was so good, she comes alive when performing. A bar queen through and through (not derogatory). Either bring back a lip sync for your life or make the lip sync between the two top all stars. Imagine an all stars 5 where Derrick might have saved her own ass in a lip sync.

it's the stars and the lipsync format. I like seeing some assasins return but you're right some stars like lala are great performers and we rarely see it because they don't win

5 hours ago, Relampago. said:

https://twitter.com/truthspeaker02/status/1668479736895479811?s=46&t=FTGhFCtqyRNaIkOE_GEiRw

I’m not black but it just feels wrong to keep policing these girls’ relationships :rip: I don’t understand the obsession, especially cause it’s usually attacking the queens and not their white partners. 

the heat here is making me wake up every hour or so, and every time i check twitter i see bob, luxx, and a few other rugirls and black ppl in bobs circle are STILL in the twitter space bob started for this. i need a summary asap :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, Relampago. said:

This feels so wrong on so many levels, whoever's behind that account must be very bored. So I wonder: would the solution be for all black queens to date black individuals only? Because if so, that'd messy as well.

18 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Depends on the show they’re reviewing. Usually the worse the show is, the funnier the episode :deadbanana2:  

Tbh their podcast is the funniest of all to me. I truly look forward to it each week. And sometimes it’s really interesting to hear what’s going on with their various ventures and how they approach their level of gay fame and success. 

18 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Unhhh has become very stale, and them only putting it on WOW (for several months) kinda ruined it. Also I feel like the editing isn't as good anymore.

ILTW and their podcast are better 

18 hours ago, Janet said:

The Bald and Beautiful is one of my few highlights of the week dddd

so true omg :deadbanana2: "I got a necklace that says winner" lives RENT FREE 

also recently this:

Kind of torn but it is a open question in the black gay community 

like EVERY black gay celeb is married or dating a white man :dies:

bob and Jacob are cute though  and I think there are few people in this world that could put up with bob on a day to day basis 

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

7 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I do have comments on this, but I am both black/gay and have been THROUGH this myself, it's super complicated so I won't really comment much.

I will say, RuPaul herself has ALWAYS had an issue with race/blackness and has shown it and the other girls that race DOES matter, especially in the early seasons.

The first 30 seconds of this video always has summed it up well imo.

39 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Kind of torn but it is a open question in the black gay community 

like EVERY black gay celeb is married or dating a white man :dies:

bob and Jacob are cute though  and I think there are few people in this world that could put up with bob on a day to day basis 

I will also say that many of us, feminine gays especially, find more commonality with white guys, especially if they start the conversation with us first.

Most of my relationships have been with white guys too, ESPECIALLY after I lost half my body weight, but it was because they approached me.

Isn't gay dating already hard enough for queers of colors? Why limit the pool to even smaller?

I always think the people who has issues with mixed race couple is the ones with internalised racism, not the queens.

If you can find a partner who is supportive of your (drag) career, does it really matter if they are black/of colors or not? That acc is so stupid.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

I will also say that many of us, feminine gays especially, find more commonality with white guys, especially if they start the conversation with us first.

Most of my relationships have been with white guys too, ESPECIALLY after I lost half my body weight, but it was because they approached me.

Oh I get it and pretty much the same for me 

I’m just pointing out the question was not 100% invalid 

also that I’ve been waiting for the sibling rivalry episode to come back and bite them in the ass 

I messaged them to delete when years ago :deadbanana:

Edited by G.U.Y. Gaga

Not my place to have an opinion on the subject, but I do have a funny feeling about people directly naming these queens on Twitter and then going "LOL you must really be in your feelings to have replied!" (@Bob, if you go through the replies). Of course people will be in their feelings when you put their personal relationships with their partners on blast.

In general I feel like people should stop tweeting about queens like they're A-list celebrities whose lives are a matter of popular culture / public discourse. They're ultimately not that famous and they see pretty much everything that's being said about them and are bound to take it personally. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Peppermint and... Cazwell? :bibliahh:

The utter lack of fact checking. That's all I needed to see. This is just ragebait trying to masquerade as some kind of "intellectual discussion".

I don't see how these girls are gonna call Lux's boyfriend a "rice water maggot" and then act like she's proving their point when she claps back at them. Huge loser behavior. Lux W.

the way Bosco is having the best drag aesthetic/mug for years  :WAP:

let me pretend gotmikk didn't exist tho

Edited by unino

and yall said Alaska is not on 'good term' with wow.

she's coming for blood yall. AS2 and AW2 winner? that sounds correct :clap3:

11 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Kandy Muse making someone quit the season for yet another episode but whats new

• Like 2

Kandy being insufferable as usual. Pls someone send her ass home.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Let me do drag to give Miss Muse a taste of her own medicine cause I would have her fuming, seething and ultimately coping in minutes :redface:

Won’t make it but it’d cool if it did. Wonder if Trixie Motel can also slide in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.